[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 32f.jpg (50 KB, 822x960)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
Why would a good looking person need religion when life is handed at him unless to exploit it for further social benefits? Not only that but the same person can corrupt and destroy the lives of as many people as he wants, putting them in hell but he himself can repent and be saved, how depraved is fair?
>>
>>16533097
There are things like aging and dying
>>
>>16533105
So you can live life to the fullest and then repent on your deathbed or when nobody cares about you anymore?
>>
>>16533109
I guess you could in some religions; but that is beside the point
>>
>>16533122
>but that is beside the point
No, that's the main point.
>>
>>16533109
if you're sincere, yes, but you don't know if tomorrow you will be stab by a brownoid or something like that, so be at peace now, niggaaa
>>
>>16533128
No; the point is there are things that are unavoidable and religion is sometimes used to cope with those things
>>
>>16533097
Mercy isn't fair. It's literally magnanimously withholding rightful punishment.

>>16533109
Repentance only matters if you mean it. God knows the contents of a person's heart, and a false repentance is lying to God.
>>
>>16533130
>so be at peace now
Why when everything's going great for you, how many men do you see turning that down? It's only these who already had their huge share of fun and are just tired of it.
>>16533133
So this just an rng game?
>>
>>16533139
>Repentance only matters if you mean it.
Why wouldn't he mean it, he got everything he wanted out of life.
>>
>>16533140
>Why
Because you may die tonight, fag
>>
>>16533158
Yet these people usually don't, though.
>>
>>16533163
who and why should you care
>>
>>16533180
Are you retarded?
>>
>>16533181
>there are people somewhere living as they want risking going to hell, I want to mimick them even if I die tomorrow and go to hell myself. I'm very bright
Think before posting
>>
>>16533189
>going to hell is rng
>these who got the luckiest usually live the longest
Yep, you're retarded.
>>
>>16533140
>Why when everything's going great for you, how many men do you see turning that down?
Dude, my life is(or will be in the next few months) literally almost perfect, imo, but i still realize i need to be grateful and temperate before God.
>>
>>16533201
>going to hell is rng
no, you remain retarded
>>
>>16533258
Of course, you can be grateful and all if it makes you feel like a better person while others suffer their whole lives and don't get even one percent of that. Doesn't disprove at all what I said, the very opposite.
>>16533269
>doesn't disprove me but just calls me name
Damn, that's very Christian of you.
>>
>>16533097
everything in this life is a cope against death. EVERYTHING.
>>
>>16533294
Which is a better cope, to live a great life or lie to yourself that things will get better?
>>
>>16533288
never said I was, I just pointed your stupid claims trying to make you understand why you are stupid by making them but it seems you enjoy being a mongoloid
>>
>>16533315
You have yet to do that.
>>
>>16533288
>Of course, you can be grateful and all if it makes you feel like a better person while others suffer their whole lives and don't get even one percent of that. Doesn't disprove at all what I said, the very opposite.

So either successful people aren't christian, because they are living the good life, which is bad, and proves it's all false, or they are, which is bad, because other people don't have it as good as them, and proves it's false.

Morton's fork, is that you?
>>
>>16533146
Because true repentance means that if allowed to do it all over again, he would resolve himself not to do it. Sounds like such a man is glad he lived the life he did.
>>
>>16533333
>successful life
>christian
Yep, that's what you're here for! I don't think you even comprehend how much you're disproving the faith.
>>
>>16533353
>muh tired and satisfied brain and body are okay with whatever
>that means I'm virtuous now
WOW!
>>
>>16533097
That person will die at some point and before they do, they will realize that everything they've ever done in this world will be of no consequence at some point once they're gone.
>>
>>16533357
Which makes your logic even more retarded.
If i have it good, and behave like a hedonist, i'm disproving the faith.
If i have it good, and behave like a saint, i'm disproving the faith.
If i have it bad, apparently i'm only doing it to cope, so i'm disproving the faith.

Your weird incel(my love life is atrocious, so i'm not any better, but i feel the specific bitterness) envy is warping your worldview so much, you are creating paradoxes where every answer proves you right.
>>
>>16533366
Except the Bible says and all the things I've seen with other people and experienced tells me such a life does not lead to true satisfaction. It leads to momentary satisfaction that soon fades and leaves a hole that needs to be filled by more and more and more and more.
>>
>>16533395
>have it good
>behave like a saint because he's grateful that he has it good
Ah yes, this is what the saints did. LMAO!
>>
>>16533436
Yeah, if i have it good, i need to be grateful.
If i dont, im still grateful to God for you, whenever else i have.

You do realize there is an entire book in the Bible(Job) which is literally Satan saying the same stuff as you, that a successful guy is only worshiping God for the perks?
>>
>>16533424
Must be why people never learn their lesson after thousands of years, right?
>>
>>16533453
>that a successful guy is only worshiping God for the perks
Where's the proof of the opposite?
>>
>>16533466
Possibly. As I've gotten older, I've realized that for a lot of people, if something happened 20 years ago, it might as well not have happened.
>>
>>16533491
So then you're wrong.
>>
>>16533436
Does experiencing physical pleasure by itself cause one to sin? If it does, we should abstain from it. Does having material wealth by itself cause one to sin? If it does, a rich person should burn their material possessions, not give them to the poor. Those poor would be tempted to sin from having those material possessions just as much as that rich person was in the first place. You could argue that what causes one to sin is exceeding the boundary of "modest life". But what is "modest life"? You probably have it better than Tiberius in some aspects. A "modest life" of the past becomes "extreme poverty" of today. So what you consider "modest life" is based on how good some people have it in relation to some others. And that is the sin of envy.
>>
>>16533511
So you're saying that the saints lived just ordinary lives?!?
>>
>>16533485
>Where's the proof of the opposite?
Job.
Or literally every person that was religious even while life gave him a shit turn.
>>
>>16533097
>incel can only think of things in terms of attractiveness
Yeah no shit religions are copes.
>>
>>16533538
>Job.
>had a great, blessed life
>is asked to show his faith
>get everything restored in the end
Hmm...
>>
>>16533535
Not him, but some saints did.
Some were beggars, some were emperors, some were doctors.

But the traditional churches say there were a lot of people that became holy just for living random, but faithful christian lives, doing their job as a loving spouse, or random workers.
>>
>>16533551
Nice, another proof that nobody really cares about what's right.
>>
>>16533549
Dude was fucking dying, and had his wounds licked by dogs.
Even his friends were telling him to blaspheme, so he could die.
That he got his stuff back in the end is something he didn't know would happen.
>>
>>16533300
better cope is a lie to yourself that makes you live a great life. you have a dictionary and a paper. with those countless words you can write great story of your life. the words in the dictionary are determind but the words you choose from it to write your specific story is up to your own free will.
>>
>>16533565
He had a reason to believe in the first place.
>>16533573
If you have to lie to yourself you don't live a great life.
>>
>>16533561
Again, nigga, what is your problem?
You kep ranting about muh saints, but literally every answer people give you, that randos can become saints, that poor people can become saints, or that richfags can become saints, is just proof that it's fake for you.
>>
>>16533623
How is any of that Biblical?
>>
>>16533584
>He had a reason to believe in the first place.
We have just as much reason to believe now, since Jesus Christ rose from the dead on the third day.
>>
>>16533920
You're not even trying anymore.
>>
File: kjv_10.jpg (541 KB, 1600x1200)
541 KB
541 KB JPG
>>16533935
I'm not the person you were talking to, just stating facts.

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil."
- Ecclesiastes 12:13-14
>>
>>16533097
Self identified Christians here will talk about how you need to be Christian to not go to hell, meanwhile they’ll twist the message of Jesus to not be about helping the poor, weak and sick with all your money and much of your time and choosing pacifism in face of theft and personal attack.
Or they’ll flat out pretend Jesus’s core message does not exist. Bro if there are levels to hell you’re going to the worst one for pretending to be Christian and hijacking Christianity
>>
File: 0002b.jpg (57 KB, 590x332)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>16533968
>Bro if there are levels to hell you’re going to the worst one for pretending to be Christian and hijacking Christianity
What about the fact that we all stand condemned as sinners if we don't have Christ? Even the Pharisees were ultimately just examples of sinners who would find themselves burning in hell the instant their lives ended, if it was without Christ.

"I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins."
- John 8:24

>meanwhile they’ll twist the message
What matters here isn't what other people say or think though, but only what God actually will do. You will spend an eternity somewhere, I advise you not to let other peoples' failings distract you from considering what Christ actually said. The Gospel is God's message to you - none of us here wrote it.
>>
>>16534006
I haven’t believed in that shit since I was a teenager. I’m just pointing out that people who call themselves Christians these days don’t believe in it either.
>>
>>16534063
Unfortunately true for many of them, but not all. Cultural Christianity is an abomination.
>>
File: 1573869428050.jpg (16 KB, 412x343)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>16533968
What also gets me is the notion that the teachings in a singular old ass book of revised scripture is the furthest development of metaphysics imaginable to man, like Abrahamic faith and mystical ideas didn't stay in development past the death of their God-man.
>>
>>16534619
There can be development, but if Jesus was who he said he was, nothing that develops can contradict what he said or did, and what he provided must be enough to grant salvation. Nothing that comes after can contradict that.
>>
>>16534063
There have always been false professing people. It doesn't get in the way of you hearing or receiving God's word though, in fact that works even in spite of such people. The betraying disciple, one of the twelve disciples who plotted with the chief priests, wasn't able to stop God. All things ended up being for Christ's glorification. So ultimately, it doesn't matter what other people think or say, only what God Himself is going to do. Hopefully that makes sense. Even if there are hypocrites, at least in this life, that we have to deal with, it doesn't matter.

It doesn't change anything and it doesn't undermine anything because God can always work in and with any impossible situation. The vindication of the truth will only be that more glorifying to God in spite of people who don't really believe. In fact Scripture predicts that such people will exist.

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."
- Matthew 7:22-23
>>
>>16533097
>Why would a good looking person need religion when life is handed at him
Jesus did not come to call the righteous, but the sinners. However, the LORD is jealous, and just because you don't "need" something, that doesn't mean you should stop being wise. What need do I have for a bear, or a lion? I have no need, but if I walk into a lion den, and slap it in the face, it will turn its cheek to face me, and I will be consumed.
>>
>>16533109
>live life to the fullest
If you live a full life, you probably have more to say about life than those who don't, and your repentence has value. Sure, the value is worthless compared to an infinite God, but at a sibgle point in time, on a an infinitely expanding reality, it has its place and purpose.
>>
>>16533584
>If you have to lie to yourself you don't live a great life
there is no meaning to this existence, no real reason we are born or we die and disappear. it just happens. this knowledge is in the heart of everyone (hence why we do anything in this life. e ery action comes from fear of death/trying to br immortal in any sense.) but once it floats out to the brain in it becomes incompatible with sane life and staying functional for long. "lie" here is not actually a lie. it is an attempt to create your own meaning in this life or get under the wing of the meaning someone else created. first is harder because you take world on your own shoulder, second is easier and chose by many since weighr of the existence is shared in that case. it is possible to have a great life in both cases. third case is you just take off all the masks and let go off all the made up meaning and copes which again is not compatible with life you end up either a schizo or kill yourself if you do it long enough.
>>
>>16534805
>you probably have more to say about life than those who don't,
So once again the downtrodden are despised for being born the wrong way.
>>
>>16535831
Not in my culture. In my culture, we engineer wheelchairs and crutches. We certainly don't go around braking the legs of the people who can walk.
>>
>>16533653
What is biblical to you, for crying out loud?
>>
>>16535440
Jesus Christ have you tried having friends, a hobby, girlfriends a decent job or and I cannot stress this enough, having sex?
>>
>>16536989
Doing everything you can to help people and inspire them to keep their faith.
>>
>>16533105
/thread
every person who has lived a life and got to it's later phases can atest to the fact that outlook of life like OP has is getting less true every passing day
>>
>>16537758
Yes, after they get satisfied with life...
>>
>>16533097
No, Christianity is literally the thing that will save the West.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT_RUdBTlp4
>>
>>16538515
Most people never reach lasting satisfaction, and people who live hedonistic and/or selfish lifestyles are especially prone to never reaching that state.
>>
>>16538543
moses invented fucking niggers
>>
>>16533097
Religion does not help you adjust to life, it becomes the life you have to adjust to, and it isn't that it takes less effort, only that you have the benefit of wisdom.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.