[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1713759573748933.jpg (74 KB, 513x1024)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
How would you respond to the 'pearl harbour' tweet?
>>
File: It's_All_So_Tiresome.jpg (68 KB, 1022x731)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
Pearl Harbor is a crime worse than 100 9/11s. May they suffer a War on Terror for a million years
>>
>>16547153
It's the American version of the Holocaust. We will remind you anytime we like to play the victim and justify our questionable actions.
>>
>>16547147
They tried to exist outside of our global hegemony. That alone warrants them being bombed.
>>
>>16547147
what did actual afghanis do to get raped and ruined by inbred pedophiles?
>>
nigga we a landlocked country in central asia, sheeeeeeeiitt
>>
the American reaction to Pearl Harbor makes me laugh uncontrollably whenever I see Russian state propagandists limply threatening to sucker punch some American city to make the Americans scared

come to think of it I am surprised the Poles or Balts haven't tried to false flag it
>>
>>16547231
US was the most powerful empire in history at that point
It can't even sanction countries anymore, russia makes more money today than it did before sanctions
>>
supported al qaeda who did 9/11, which was like pearl harbor
>>
>>16547244
and is back to funding and hosting ISIS lmfao
>>
>>16547246
>He says this while the Taliban are fighting ISIS
>>
>>16547177
pearl harbor
>>
File: 1710619659192299.png (736 KB, 856x861)
736 KB
736 KB PNG
>>16547238
>russia makes more money today than it did before sanctions
take ukraine already then bitch its been 2 years
>>
>>16547281
Why? War is a racket. The oligarchs are making bank, and all that matters is profit.
>>
File: Russia.jpg (1.05 MB, 2560x1920)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
>>16547288
>muh olly-garcks
premium cope
>>
>>16547255
yea it's just a coincidence that the biggest ISIS faction suddenly take hold within 6 months of taliban taking over lmfao
ISIS just dislikes taliban cause it's not using everything in it's power to bomb jihad everything that moves, that's the dispute
>>
>>16547292
Now post how the oligarchs live, not the common Russian. Why is it hard to believe that the rich profit from war? Do you remember when everyone memed that the Russians were using those prefab concrete bunkers that looked like sceptic tanks, or those dragon teeth that were hollow? It was one of the concrete megacorps that produced them and sold them to the MoD en mass, even though they were completely useless the MoD still bought thousands and placed them all over the frontlines. The only bottom line is profit for them.
>>
File: 1590701684083.webm (2.94 MB, 1280x720)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB WEBM
>>16547292
>>
>>16547147
pearl harbor was an inside job
>>
File: 1591522412742.webm (2.92 MB, 320x400)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB WEBM
>>16547292
>>
>>16547255
the Taliban and ISIS do not like each other but they hate the West even more. enemy of my enemy is my friend type thing.
>>
>>16547313
Fed.

Long live the taliban.
>>
>>16547338
Considering that it put the US at a strategic disadvantage for almost a year, when in any non-Pearl Harbor scenario the US would have shattered the Japanese pretty quickly, I find that hard to believe. If it was an inside job, FDR could have achieved the same result from a PR standpoint by just moving half the battleships to literally any other US naval base, and then been able to counter much faster.

The US government at the time absolutely expected some kind of attack on the Philippines and Guam, it's part of why those territories didn't have much in the way of serious defense, realistically there was no way to properly reinforce and protect them if the Japanese went all-out. But Pearl Harbor was a surprise.
>>
>>16547347
>enemy of my enemy is my friend type thing.
ISIS we're fighting the Taliban even before they took back. There are more recorded instances of America helping the Taliban fight ISIS
>>
File: file.png (228 KB, 960x720)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
>>16547348
inbred goatfucker
russia and china will move in and clean your whole faggot ass countries if you bother them too much
>>
>>16547238
>US was the most powerful empire in history at that point
What? In December 1941 when Pearl Harbor happened, the US wasn't even in the top 3. Britain, Germany, and Japan had better navies. Germany, the USSR, and Japan had better armies. Britain, Germany, and Japan had better air forces. The US was the most economically powerful country at the time, but it takes a while to translate that into military power.
>>
>>16547231
>whenever I see Russian state propagandists limply threatening to sucker punch some American city to make the Americans scared
There's a common theme among authoritarian states that they think more democratic states are soft/weak, even though by definition whatever policy that democratic state pursues has a mountain of public support behind it compared to the authoritarian state. A funny but consistent thread you can trace from Napoleon to Von Moltke to Hitler is this nebulous idea that Britain would capitulate because of democracy and stuff and people who are sad will vote to lose. Never happened.
>>
Can anyone even point to where Pearl Harbor is on a map more accurate than "idk somewhere on one of those Hawaii islands"?
Like if someone showed you an unmarked map of Hawaii, could you point to where it is?
>>
>>16547371
Jews defeating white people YET again means democracy is better than authoritarianism
>>
>>16547374
I could. But that's because I'm a history nerd. What point are you trying to make here?

>>16547377
>Jews defeating white people YET again
Napoleon repealed many anti-semitic laws and passed laws protecting Jewish people's right to practice their religion. In a lot of ways, he was the most pro-Jewish monarch Continental Europe had ever seen up to that point, and certainly the only relevant one Europe has seen since then.

Napoleon losing to a British/Prussian/Russian coalition is not a win for Jews, it's a huge loss for them, as the next 150 years of history proved pretty decisively.
>>
>>16547357
Seething fed

Russia and China are on the same side as the taliban.

You're trying to divide and conquer
>>
>>16547371
>even though by definition whatever policy that democratic state pursues has a mountain of public support
The people enacting that policy had popular support at the start of the term but this does not mean they will listen to the people and every single policy will be popular
And if they lose support they are in more trouble than authoritarians
And authoritarians are not always unpopular; some can brainwash the population into a cult of personality
>Never happened.
Maybe not with Britain but this is exactly what some people (Including many American propagandists) say about Vietnam or Afghanistan
Basically the argument is the US was winning and only failed because the people lacked the will to continue fighting
Depending on your political persuasion this is because the war was terrible and pointless; or because their own people was brainwashed by the enemy and stabbed them in the back
>>
>>16547147
Burgers lost
>>
>>16547147
provoking japan to the point of an attack was the brainchild of jew and fdr advisor harry dexter white after roosevelts jewish lawyer oscar cox lend lease failed to get a uboat to attack world war 2 was as jewish as hannukkah
>>
>>16547451
one literally cleaned out the last muslim in their territory and other one was last seen electrocuting the testicles of a muslim
>>
>>16547454
>Maybe not with Britain but this is exactly what some people (Including many American propagandists) say about Vietnam or Afghanistan
>Basically the argument is the US was winning and only failed because the people lacked the will to continue fighting
That's very different. Withdrawing from a colonial engagement because it's just not worth it anymore is not the same thing as giving up national defense and letting foreign troops onto your soil. And maybe this is something the Continental European military dictators failed to understand. For them, withdrawing from some key strategic position was life or death. For the British, and later the Americans, it was just losing a forward outpost.

Britain could withdraw from New York in 1783. America could withdraw from Vietnam in 1975. France could not withdraw from Verdun in 1916.
>>
>>16547467
>provoking japan to the point of an attack
Japan: Hey we've been killing and raping our way through China for a couple years, but it turns out China is a pretty big place and we're running low on supplies. Can you sell us some rubber and oil?
America: No.
Japan: YOU'VE PROVOKED ME, I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO ATTACK
>>
>>16547363
The US was already the largest economy in the world at that point.
>>
>>16547483
oil embargo hull note sailing ships through the sea of japan fdr and churchill were walking mennorahs owned like a pair of kippas
>>
>>16547483
They were handing out weapon's to all of the Axis enemies
Lend-Lease started months before Pearl Harbor
>>
>>16547472
Fed shitting his pants
>>
>>16547494
lend lease was written up by a jew after cash and carry failed roosevelt and his gang of jews didnt give a fuck what americans wanted
>>
File: 6hi6mo.jpg (73 KB, 989x741)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>OPs pic was clearly a joke
>Third worlders show up to seethe anyways
>>
>>16547486
fun fact ........if any point after winter of 1940 if england makes peace the US economy crumbles overnight
>>
>>16547486
Economic power doesn't translate directly to military power. In 1917, New York had become the financial capital of the world, thanks to Britain and France indebting themselves heavily to the US. American loans, food, and weapons kept the Entente afloat. But in practical terms, the US military was essentially worthless. Its main power was just the threat of sheer numbers that could eventually be mobilized and sent over.

And in 1941, it was a surprisingly similar situation. The US Navy was powerful but the army was still pretty small, and the idea on the Japanese side was that they could knock the Americans back quickly enough and hard enough to force some kind of settlement before the full weight of US industry and the mobilization of the population could be brought to bear.

>>16547494
>They were handing out weapon's to all of the Axis enemies
The Axis were not all that unified. Japan refused to attack the USSR despite the fact that their fellow Axis Power, Germany, was locked in a life and death struggle with it. There's no reason to think that the US supplying weapons to the USSR would have had any impact on Japan.
>>
>>16547504
Its a bit of a stretch to assume trade between the US and Europe would just stop regardless though
>>
>>16547504
That's not how economics works, unless by "makes peace" you mean "allows some kind of Operation Sealion situation to happen where German soldiers invade Britain and seize control of its entire banking system". In that case, yes, the US economy would crumble. But in that case, Germans have developed an X-Men mutation that allows them to walk on water and be immune to bullets, in which case we've all got bigger problems.
>>
>>16547516
Naw, even in 1940, the US Military was one of the few on Earth that had Expeditionary capabilities. Germany nearly did but they never got there yet. The only other militaries at the time with Expeditionary capabilities were Japan, Britain, and the Soviets
>>
>>16547539
>The only other militaries at the time with Expeditionary capabilities were Japan, Britain, and the Soviets
Italy launched an invasion of Ethiopia around that time period, and in 1940 (assuming we're talking the first half of the year, obviously) France ruled most of Africa. Both countries obviously had "expeditionary" capabilities.
>>
>>16547529
fdr economy was in shambles a war was needed americans were standing in breadlines while germans were getting checks from the party to pay for vacations if the war ends in 1940 the great depression comes back x10
>>
most nonjews dont grasp how much jews hated germany and how far they were willing to go to cause a global war
>>
>>16547559
I'm assuming you're either retarded or illiterate. Assuming it's the former, I'm going to try to make this really simple for you.
1. Britain would not capitulate unless the Germans destroyed the RN, RAF, and launched a full-blown invasion of Britain across the English Channel, under Operation Sealion, which relied on river barges to make the crossing.
2. Those things could not happen short of literal magic.
3. The US economy had already been recovering from the Great Depression for some time at that point, even before the war broke out. It's part of why FDR was reelected in a landslide.
If it's the latter, I can't help you my man.

>>16547565
>most nonjews dont grasp how much jews hated germany and how far they were willing to go to cause a global war
Why did so many jews die defending Germany during WWI? Were they just that committed to the bit? Did some random Hans Goldstein, fighting tooth and nail to defend a position at Verdun or the Somme, think to himself "lol we're gonna troll those Christian Germans so hard in like 20 years lmao" as he lay dying at the hands of a French machine gunner?
>>
>>16547288
>The oligarchs are making bank
No they aren't. They're all upset that they don't have access to their yachts and European mansions.
>>
>>16547338
>>16547351
Pearl Harbor conspiracies are mostly spread by people who think it's the only place that got attacked that day and who don't understand that you don't need a false flag attack to enter a defensive war, where your enemy issues you an official declaration
>>
File: payback time.jpg (313 KB, 1216x1292)
313 KB
313 KB JPG
>>16547147
Pic related is the best solution.
>>
>>16547177
Liberated their country.
>>
>>16547147
I can't answer the second part but I can answer the first. The Taliban harbored Osama Bin Laden and his terrorist network and refused to hand him over. So we went in to kill or capture him and dismantle his terror network. Targeted strikes were used against key terrorist infrastructure and we went out of our way to avoid civilian casualties. We also built up Afghanistan's infrastructure and civil society in the hope that political freedoms and economic opportunity would lead people away from Islamic terrorism. That might have been naive but it wasn't malicious.
>>
File: afghan liberation.webm (165 KB, 320x240)
165 KB
165 KB WEBM
>I can't answer the second part but I can answer the first. The Taliban harbored Osama Bin Laden and his terrorist network and refused to hand him over. So we went in to kill or capture him and dismantle his terror network. Targeted strikes were used against key terrorist infrastructure and we went out of our way to avoid civilian casualties. We also built up Afghanistan's infrastructure and civil society in the hope that political freedoms and economic opportunity would lead people away from Islamic terrorism. That might have been naive but it wasn't maliciou-ACK

Worshiping dead drug dealers is crime that should be severly punished.
>>
>>16547496
lol churka try and actually go to russia
people will spit on your face subhuman faggot
>>
File: 黑鬼.webm (2.42 MB, 720x1282)
2.42 MB
2.42 MB WEBM
>lol churka try and actually go to russia
>people will spit on your face subhuman fagg-ACK

>別說話!
>>
>>16548097
I'm talking about the afghanis who got raped into a terminal illness after being islamized in the first place
>>
File: file.png (696 KB, 1920x873)
696 KB
696 KB PNG
>>16548202
what are you even trying to say? lmfao how are niggers related to chuchmek
>>
>>16547147
Japan was justified in their attack. There, I said it. America and the rest of the world ganged up on them with a trade embargo and tried to STARVE THEM. What else.are they suppposed to do?
>>
File: 圣特瑞戴维斯.webm (818 KB, 640x640)
818 KB
818 KB WEBM
>what are you even trying to say? lmfao how are niggers related to chuchm-ACK
>>
>>16548202
It's like my kung fu movies wtf... hero...
>>
File: file.png (1.23 MB, 768x1026)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
>>16548267
what is your thought process lmfao you're trying to say hating niggers = liking churkas?
>>
>>16547338
>no lies detected
>>
>>16547147
Pearl Harbor is casus belli for war in all of Asia. And I'm 90% sure thats where afghanistan is.
>>
>>16547147
Accelerate. Use Pearl Harbor as an excuse to bomb every country.
>>
>>16548096
Jesuits did the Titanic thoughbeitever.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.