[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1536736476720.gif (1.96 MB, 500x281)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB GIF
What would the legacy/impact/butterfly effect of Columbine be had their bombs exploded? For those unaware, Columbine was a planned bombing before it was a shooting. Both planted homemade 20lb propane bombs surrounded by pipe bombs and molotovs in the Cafeteria. They had head counted while planning and figured 11:17AM was the time when most people are in the Cafeteria. The bombs did not detonate and they instead just started shooting.
So what does a world look like where the bombs did explode?
>>
>>16547519
no different. They went after guns and video games. The bombs would make them include movies or some retarded shit.
i think a better question is what would school be like if columbine never happened. Or if there would be school shootings if the columbine shooters didn't inspire others.
>>
>>16547814
I think Adam Lanza still would've still committed mass murder as he has inspirations other than Columbine in anders breivik and kaczynski.
I wonder what the less intelligent mass murderers like elliot rodgers, nikolas cruz, and that chud face texan walmart shooter would be doing if it weren't for columbine. I really don't think any of them are intelligent or creative enough to come up with anything on their own.
>>
I wouldn't say anything to Columbine. I would have listened
>>
>>16548346
People overestimate Columbine. A lot of the so-called "copycats" had their own issues and motivations and were gonna do something anyway.
>>
>>16549054
The media coverage of Columbine glamorized school shootings like no other tragedy before it and turned those kids into celebrities.
A lot of shooters are definitely appealed by 'setting a high score', getting revenge and getting easy attention as they feel they are unheard.
I personally feel many of them would do smaller, more petty acts of violence, revenge or other degeneracy if it weren't for the glamorization of mass murder stemming from columbine.
>>
>>16547519
i understand that the potential victim number could have been 600,if that number was achieved it would have been 9/11 tier a national holiday to be remembered every year for the next century,the international reputation of america would take a massive hit so clinton would most likely go on a save the world tour moving mountains and healing the blind to change the reputation,the religious shizo moms would go on a banning rampage of everything and a lot of their bullshit would also get passed there would most likely be revenge attacks by rightwingers on some retarded shit like NIN concerts.
The impact on society would have been 100 times bigger.

good thing that propane dosent work the way these retards thought it did
>>
>>16547519
It would've wiped out hundreds of students. Would be near impossible for the tards that imitated them to match up so maybe they wouldn't even have tried.
>>
>>16549054
School shootings statistically jacked up massively after Columbine. Media coverage and impact basically made Columbine become the legendary standard of the crime. It was definitely a huge influence.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.