[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_3774.jpg (60 KB, 386x720)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
Are your impulses and intrusive thoughts expressions of your unconscious desires, as Freud would say? Or are they merely nonsense and not “you” as modern psychology would say?

As a Christian, I actually think the Freudian view has compatibility with Christian psychology in some ways, basically being a secular restating of the doctrine of fallen nature. When you had that crazy unwanted thought about your mother, that was you, and by the grace of God you were prevented from condoning or acting on that thought.
>>
>>16547902
There is a difference between a thought about something one likes but does not want to like or act upon which one suppresses, and an intrusive thought about something which is simply disturbing or offensive and which causes distress. A person with obsessive-compulsive disorder tends to be plagued by thoughts that are constitutionally offensive to him. It seems specious to attribute them all to 'secret hidden desires' if these desires do not operate on any level perceptible either to the person or to others around him. Also it would mean that a person with OCD has an impossible number of secret desires
>>
>>16547902
No, this is the opposite of the truth. The reality is God rapes my mind and abuses me my entire life to elicit trauma responses that remind me of the people he abuses me through or the methods of their abuse so that he can then use the induced trauma responses in my mind as an excuse to abuse me more, eliciting more mental trauma responses, which he uses as an excuse to abuse me more, which elicits more mental trauma responses, which he uses as an excuse to abuse me more, on and on forever

God is the source of everything negative in my mind and it is my own human will that has to overcome God's constant harassment and abuse and the harmful effects that it has on my mental condition.
>>
>>16548365
Don’t you get tired of posting this garbage all the time?
>>
Freud is utterly and totally antithetical to Christianity, I am sorry. You are still stuck in materialism.

They are not from the "subconscious" they come from the concupiscence of man and the unseen devils who assail him.

The good desires are natural instincts created by God for the purpose of continuing human life by generating happy families.

Christianity got a little distracted lately and has lost touch with itself pretty badly. This causes Christians to look for answers in the science lab and in the political discourse.
>>
>>16549259
>they come from the concupiscence of man
So they do come from the suppressed desires?
>>
>>16549280
no, delete the word "repression" and the term "subconscious desire" from your vocabulary

These are the concepts Sigmund Freud invented to explain the reality of the soul and its will despite postulating a universe without a God.
>>
>>16549247
It's not garbage retard it's the truth and you just make yourself more evil by lying
>>
>>16549259
>your inner desires come from devils and not part of your brain

Derranged
>>
>>16549299
Yes, I am aware it is at odds with the Zeitgeist. I would have chuckled at that sentence only a couple years ago. Life is funny. Wait till you see it anon. It all makes so much damn sense now. You'll get there, just keep asking hard questions.
>>
File: It's alive.jpg (150 KB, 686x771)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>16549299
>Derranged
This psychotherapist who worked for years with schizos in max security penitentiaries said these intrusive thoughts materialized and crawled on the wall. Yeah pretty deranged.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.