[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_2484.jpg (191 KB, 758x746)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
What area of Scandinavia is the most blonde? Is Picrel accurate?
>>
>>16548472
wow is half of Germany not even white?
>>
>>16548472
The concept of blondness in these studies is very shaky. What exactly do they consider “blond hair”? Even extreme nordicists like Varg can’t reach a consensus. Most people, especially men, in Nordic countries have DARK BLOND hair, some people would call it LIGHT BROWN.
Are these self reported? Some people might confuse the two.
Some blondes can have different shades throughout the year, or even under different lighting.
For example: Some people I know have said I have light blond hair, but then when I’m under the sun, they call me blond. Was the study conducted under sunlight?
>>
>>16548689
This anon beat me to it, but essentially there is not a hard line from light brown to blonde, nor red to blonde. And how do you handle cases where hair is mostly one color but has blonde highlights or is mostly blonde, but has brown highlights? And what if a child is born blonde, but ages to another color? Or what if a person has spent so much time in the sun, it is bleached to a more blonde color? In order to know the answers, you must first define blonde in an objective sense.
>>
>>16548741
>there is not a hard line from light brown to blonde
Yes, and most Europeans fall exactly in that range.
>Or what if a person has spent so much time in the sun, it is bleached to a more blonde color?
Not only that, but my hair looks way darker at night, and under not even dim, but also not bright light, it might look dark brown or black, but when I’m out in the sun it gets yellowish blond, sometimes when it’s cloudy my hair has the same color as Haaland’s (very light).
>>
File: IMG_2487.jpg (32 KB, 410x570)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>16548689
>>16548741
>>16548750

What part of Scandinavia has the most people of this hair colour per capita?
>>
>>16548472
I believe this graph counts everything other than black hair as blonde.
>>
>>16549769
This, Iberians, Shitalians and Gayreeks will never be able to produce a large crowd where reach this almost 20% of naturally light hair
>>
File: Hiekkatie.jpg (281 KB, 900x675)
281 KB
281 KB JPG
Average Finn has light hair and light eyes but true blond is very rare.
I have heard two common descriptions of our hair.
Mouse gray and road colored.
>>
>>16548689
>Study
None of these maps come from studeks
>>
>>16548472
I doubt pic related is accurate, to my knowledge there is no serious academic survey of Blond hair in Europe.
Also, the definition of "blonde" varies across Europe. Hungarians might call someone blonde who would be considered light brunette in Finland.
Traditionally, Swedish romanticists and such liked to imagine that Dalarna and both West and East Götland were "Sweden at its purest", make of that what you will.
>>
>>16548760
Scandinavia wise? Probably Sweden's heartland, around the latitude Stockholm is at. Danes mostly look identical to Germans (i.e surprisingly brunette) and southern Sweden has always been populated with Flemish, French, British, and German immigrants.
>>
>>16548689
>The concept of blondness in these studies is very shaky. What exactly do they consider “blond hair”? Even extreme nordicists like Varg can’t reach a consensus. Most people, especially men, in Nordic countries have DARK BLOND hair, some people would call it LIGHT BROWN.
Correct, this shit highly culturally relative.
I've been called brown haired all my fucking life, up until the point where I lived in Britain for a couple years and everyone called me blonde there.
>>
>>16550623
>Dalarna
Here a pic of the biggest town in the region.
Let's count the blondes and see where people here put the line between brown and blonde.
>>
>>16550649
fugggg
>>
>>16550656
Unsurprisingly, the women are the blondest.
Tbh it's really rare to find a light blonde adult male. I think Finns tend to be blonder than Scandinavians too.
>>
>>16550656
2 definitively blond men and 2 definitively blonde women. The rest could be considered brown in some countries.
The four men on the bottom left, all have different shades, and all of them, except the black haired one, could be considered blond or brunette depending on who you’re asking.
Some people only consider “blond” a color like the guy with red striped pants in the back.
My hair also looks like the guy with the white shirt or like the guy with the plaid shirt facing the camera direction. Depending on the day, lighting, or time of the year.
>>
So what I’ve learnt from this thread is that there’s no way to know what part of Scandinavia is the blondest as there’s no data on this so every map is just guesswork
>>
>>16550800
>all of them, except the black haired one, could be considered blond or brunette depending on who you’re asking
Lmao then blonde has no meaning at all. No wonder these maps are so fucking shit.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.