[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: cum drinker.jpg (64 KB, 468x468)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
I don't think a single person here who actively promotes the European pagan religions sincerely believes they are literally true. The entire point of promoting them is spite for what they call the "Abrahamic" religions.
>>
I'm not a pagan or had pagan experiences or contact. But the things I've seen in dreams, when I think on them deeply I'm able to perceive them in such a way that certain personalities have more in common with ancient pagan gods more than angels or demons, just from my education and understanding of myth. These were formative and important experiences for me, so I see the same value that others do in wanting to explore these concepts. But the spite towards Christianity and the church among neopagan types always seemed misguided, to me.
>>
>>16548860
I don't think a single person who tries to proselytize/promote any religion on 4chan actually believes them to be literally true. They are all just LARPers using religion to justify their preexisting political views. Same thing with most of the internet.

The two most insufferable example of this are the LARPagan who likes Paganism more because of an inherent antisemitism rather than any real religious belief in the Gods, and the TradCat/Orthobro who pretends to be part of a hardline traditional church to stick it to the liberals/LGBT/Globohomo, rather than because he was raised Catholic/Orthodox or had an actual conversion experience.

This is not to say that there are no true Christians or Pagans, who actually believe and observe their religions in their entirety, just that you won't find people who have real convictions about the meaning of life and the divine wasting their days posting on this shithole.

I have met many Christians and even several Dievturība (Latvian ethnic faith) who I think are truly faithful, and I cannot imagine any of them going to start culture wars on the internet.
>>
>>16548860
no, I'm Vanatruar and I wasn't really raised Christian anyhow
>>
>>16548910
>But the spite towards Christianity and the church among neopagan types always seemed misguided, to me
christianity invented fucking niggers
>>
>>16548860
Religion needs to be adapted for the modern times. You aren't an ancient pagan, you aren't a medieval crusader, and you aren't a 17th century Puritan. Pagans and Christians LARP equally.
>>
>>16549046
That's not true thoughever. As niggers already existed for one. Superior ship technology allowed us to fuck them.

Checkmate.
>>
>>16548860
they just prefer to think of God as a crazy ass shaman-general on an unrelenting quest for knowledge than a grumpy strict old guy
I like Christ though, he's a lot like Shiva what with being either the nicest dude in the world or absolutely raging at injustice/evildoers
>>
File: 1706436546753743.jpg (160 KB, 1506x825)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
Good luck proving we don't believe in God LOL, maybe you can spend the next 10 years on that.
>>
>>16548860
no shit, they explicitly command white people to follow the pagan religion of their "ancestors". they don't believe in shit. just edgy atheists, same as satanists.
>>
>>16550050
No, I called you a LARPer! That means that you must RETVRN to whichever flavor of Christianity that I've attached myself to this week!
>>
>>16548860
Indo European Pagans believe in the absolute, which is essentially just God but not the deranged Jewish version. All the gods and indeed even humans are simply the unfolding of this absolute being.
>>
>>16548860
When a Christian says God The Father. He is who they are talking about, but they dont know it.
>>
I call myself larpagen.
Why?
Because I know belief is insane and against all reason.
But I still believe or want to believe in norse and finnic gods and spirits of the land.
Norse-Finnic agnostic would be more correct.
>>
>>16548860
No person who isn't schizophrenic sincerely believe any religion is true.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.