[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Some guy told me that the Allies dropped leaflets that warned German civilians before bombings took place. He was unable to provide evidence for this when I asked him to.

Propaganda leaflets were obviously a thing and used by all sides during WW2 and specifically Allied ones concerning air supremacy were dropped over Europe.
I'm aware that the US now claims to have dropped leaflets that listed major Japanese cities as bombing targets and advised civilians to get out. But of course incendiary bombs and nukes are terror weapons so if this was not just post-war propaganda the leaflets must have been meant for demoralization more than anything else.
Either way Japan aside are there similar claims concerning Europe? While I can see the US sending bombers over Japan just to drop leaflets I can't see that in Europe. The Me262s and other jet fighters would simply have been too dangerous to risk a downed bomber for the sake of warning hostile civilians that would have be ruthlessly fire bombed just a few days later anyways not to mention the fact that it would have made it easier for the Germans to coordinate their defenses.

So can anyone actually provide such a leaflet?
>>
>>16548904
Who cares?
Stalin wasn't harsh enough Germs.
>>
>>16548921
>Who cares?
This is the history board, so people who are interested in history I'd assume.
If you want to glorify genocidal communist dictators try: >>>/lgbt/
>>
File: 1681529126794991.png (79 KB, 266x355)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
>incendiary bombs and nukes are terror weapons so if this was not just post-war propaganda the leaflets must have been meant for demoralization more than anything else.

Here is your false premise
>>
>>16549617
This is copy of a leaflet dropped in a Japanese city?
>>
>>16549634
Yes except it is translated to english for our convenience. Only problem was Japanese civilians were forbidden to read them since it was a crime.
>>
>>16549693
Where does it say it's a copy dropped in a city?
>>
>>16549780
On my penis you retard

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.