[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

We know so much about the Greek gods and goddesses, yet nobody worships them? At least those Greco-Romaboos from the 18th and 19th centuries who abandoned Christianity would surely have tried?
>>
>>16548995
Because we see the top of Mt. Vesuvius. They don't exist. Can't exactly say the religion is real when the place that is explicitly stated where the gods live don't live there.
>>
>>16548995
What do you mean?
There is, right now:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SBpNu4_TP9w
In fact it's growing year per year.
>>
>>16548995
Because they're all manchildren and we humans are obsessed with perfection.
>>
>>16548995
But there is?
Look up the YSEE, the legally recognised Hellenic Ethnic Religion
And these aren't like the LARPagans here or the ones in Muttistan, but actual Hellenic Pagans that have doctrine, rituals, assemblies, government recognition (a challenge in Greece where Orthodoxy is the State Religion), and all that jazz that distinguishes a religion from a bunch of incels LARPing in the woods as le based iron age warrior or posting bait in a Tibetan shipbuilding forum.
>>
File: 1649559015084.jpg (186 KB, 560x690)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>16548995
What is the Ancient Egyptian religion called?
Worshipping Anubis Osiris and Ra
>>
>>16548995
OP how do you go through life being so ignorant? Massive fucking neo-classical movement during the renaissance.
>>
>>16548995
I recommend reading this:
https://www.mdpi.com/2077-1444/14/6/754
>>
>>16549036
>doctrine
>assemblies
> government recognition
no of those define a spiritual movement/practices as larping or non-larping nor is what defines a religion
>>
>>16549042
Kemetism
>>
>>16549080
It's recognized as a real religion by the government and by the people.
So, you don't have a point.
>>
>>16549059
these were painted by devout christians, not genuine practitioners of hellenism
>>
>>16549103
Yeah its a revival, what would constitute 'genuine practitioners of hellenism' anyway? Its not like there is some standard practice.
>>
>>16549120
someone who worship the gods and commit to practices and lifestyle of what the gods want rather than just using them as an aesthetic

the same reason why christians live a christian lifestyle or muslims live a muslim lifestyle
>>
>>16549282
>someone who worship the gods and commit to practices and lifestyle of what the gods want rather than just using them as an aesthetic
I mean who is to say these are mutually exclusive, many argue that the hellenic religions were just for rulers and for stories. And its can't really be compared to the religions of the book.
>>
>>16549071
Good read.
That was fascinating.
>>
>>16548995
I'm actually a member of an Olidammara mystery cult
>>
>>16549301
The idea that Hellenism wasn’t a literal religion and just metaphorical is a modern concept. Ancient Greeks would go to great lengths and sacrifices to curry favor with their gods of choice which go far beyond anything an atheist would do.
>>
>>16549586
Well its a modern concepts because its a modern theory about how the ancients actually related to this religion. I don't know what constitutes 'great lengths' in your opinion.
>>
Greco-Romanism and paganism have increased massively in the past 5 years
>>
>>16549010
fpbp
>>
>>16549080
>YSEE has doctrine
>YSEE has assemblies
>YSEE has government recognition
>YSEE worships the gods and commit to practices and lifestyle of what the gods want rather than just using them as an aesthetic
Sounds like a religion to me.
>>
>>16549080
>t. atheist larping as echristian

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.