[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20240416_143524.jpg (96 KB, 1356x720)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
Historically speaking how people used to cope with not liking work?
>>
finding more satisfying work
>>
>>16549086
With the promise of eternal paradise after death, duh
>>
>>16549086
just be lazy and not really care
same way they do today
>>
>>16549086
Suicide
>>
>>16549086
Drinking or not caring
>>
>>16549086
generally by knowing that whether they liked it or not it was that or starving during the winter.
>>
They looked forward to small, simple comforts, the promise of a positive afterlife, and festival days where they could drink and make merry with others.
>>
>>16550933
why cant I drink and make merry all the time
work gets in the way of that
whenever I do drink and make merry I cant enjoy it because I think about tomorrow but if I stop thinking about tomorrow I cant work and if I dont work I lose any chance to drink and make merry
>>
>>16549086
They half-assed and committed time theivery whenever possible so that by the end of the work day they were still sane and got a paycheck out of it

If you wanted to be an unpleasant person though then you could just get through work with clenched teeth until you got home to vent about it for hours to your wife and family. People do the same shit today except on social media instead, and they are equally as unpleasant.
>>
>>16550954
>vgh the nature of man
It is what it is, always has been this way.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.