[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

The Luby's Cafeteria Massacre in Killeen, Texas in 1991 left 23 dead. It was the worst mass shooting in American history until the 2007 Virginia Tech shooting. George Hennard was born in Sayre, Pennsylvania on October 15, 1956; his father Georges Hennard, a Swiss immigrant, was a surgeon and his mother Gloria was a homemmaker. He had a younger brother, Alan, and a sister named Desiree. The Hennards frequently moved around the country due to his father's work as an Army doctor and they were living in Las Cruces, New Mexico when George graduated high school in 1974. He enlisted in the Navy and was honorably discharged in 1977.

George had been a popular, outgoing kid until the 9th grade when he got into an argument with his father, who had no use for bullshit. It's unclear exactly what happened, but a classmate remembered that George came to school looking like he'd been run over by a car. "It looked like his old man had taken a butcher knife and cut his hair. He was never the same after that. He was completely introverted." Throughout high school, George kept to himself; he had no friends and didn't date any girls. According to one neighbor, "His parents never did care and were hardly ever around."
>>
After the Navy, George joined the merchant marine and served in the Gulf of Mexico for his first four years, then got to do overseas voyages, a total of 37 over his career. He was arrested for drug possession in Texas in 1981 and in May 1982 had his seaman's papers suspended for getting into a racially-motivated argument with an African-American shipmate. A former roommate of Hennard's said that he was an extreme racist, misogynist, and homophobe. He especially hated women when he got into arguments with his mother; sometimes he drew caricatures of her with a snake's body and once threatened to kill her. George was also a sometimes rock drummer who played in local bands in Killeen and liked songs that derided women as evil whores.

Hennard lost his seaman's license again on May 11, 1989 for bringing marijuana onto a cargo ship. He enrolled in a drug rehab program in Houston. Hennard wandered around the country looking for work; he did construction jobs in South Dakota and Killeen, and spent some time with his mother in Henderson, Nevada where she moved in 1983 after her and George's father divorced, and sometimes in a house in Belton his father had purchased in 1980 after moving to Fort Hood. He bought a pair of pistols in February 1991, a Ruger P89 and a Glock 17, in Henderson. Hennard registered the guns with the Las Vegas PD and he could have purchased them in Texas almost as easily.
>>
File: 76555.jpg (331 KB, 1790x1198)
331 KB
331 KB JPG
Gloria Hennard would recall that her son's termination from the merchant marine had been very hard on him and may have driven his eventual explosion. While in court for drug charges, he told a judge that the merchant marine was his whole life and "all I know."

He also began stalking two young women, a pair of sisters named Jill Fritz and Jama Jemigan, who lived down the street from him in Belton. In June, Hennard sent the sisters a five page letter reading "Please give me the satisfaction of someday laughing in the face of all those mostly white treacherous female vipers from those two towns [Killeen and Belton] who tried to destroy me and my family" and "You think the three of us can get together some day?" He also wrote that he was "truly flattered knowing I have two teenage groupie fans." "Please give me the satisfaction of someday laughing in the face of all those mostly white tremendously female vipers…who tried to destroy me and my family."
>>
Fritz and Jemigan's mother reported him to police but no action was taken. Another neighbor named Judy Beach reported to police that Hennard shouted obscenities at her and her son as they were walking around the neighborhood looking for a lost baseball glove. Again police did not follow up on her complaints. Hennard was obsessively tidy, always washing his truck or cleaning up his yard, and he raged and cursed when garbage collectors accidentally dropped debris on it. He dutifully went to the same convenience store for breakfast every morning to buy and eat a sausage and egg biscuit. The owner of the convenience store admitted that he scared the hell out of everyone, but on the morning of the shooting Hennard seemed to be cheerful and in a good mood.

On October 5, Hennard collected his weekly paycheck from a cement company in Copperas Cove and said he was quitting the job; he also mused aloud about what would happen if he killed someone. Hennard talked about various people, particularly women, in Belton who'd caused him problems and "Just wait and see." On October 15, Hennard's 35th birthday, he talked to his mother on the phone and then went to a restaurant in Belton to treat himself to a birthday dinner. The restaurant had a TV running in it which was showing the Senate confirmation hearings for Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas. The manager of the restaurant said "When an interview with Anita Hill came on, he just went off. He started screaming 'You dumb bitch! You bastards opened the door for all the women!'"
>>
It is so sad how evil often engenders more evil
>>
October 16 was a pleasant, sunny fall day in Luby's Cafeteria. Sam Wink, 47, and an employee of the Killeen Independent School District, and some co-workers were having a lunch with their supervisor for National Bosses' Day. A total of 150 people were inside the eatery. With no prior warning, a powder blue '87 Ranger pickup smashed through the front window, sending an explosion of glass into the air. George Hennard leapt from the truck, a pistol in both hands, a cigarette in his mouth, his pockets filled with ammo clips, and began shooting down the line of customers getting their food.

He walked around, stared down 57 year old Patricia Carney, and said "You bitch!" before firing into her chest and killing her. Forty-one year old Connie Peterson was hiding under a bench. Hennard exclaimed "Hiding from me, bitch?" and shot her dead too. Witnesses recalled Hennard as being totally composed, calm, robotic, like the Terminator. One woman was shot; the bullet cut through her arm and struck 70 year old Venice Henehan, killing her. He yelled "All women of Killeen and Belton are vipers! See what you’ve done to me and my family! Is it worth it? Is it worth it!?"

Tom Vaughan, a burly 28 year old car mechanic, noticed Hennard pause momentarily. He took advantage to ram his football linebacker-sized frame into a window, breaking it and creating an escape hole. The restaurant patrons ran towards the broken window and began frantically trying to pile through it. Police soon arrived at the scene at which point a third of the people in Luby's Cafeteria were outside.
>>
Hennard exchanged fire with the cops and was struck and wounded four times. He then dashed for the restroom and with one bullet remaining in his Glock 17, fired it into the side of his head. The shooting had lasted all of ten minutes and left 23 people dead, ten of them killed with an execution-style close range shot to the head, and 27 wounded. The dead ranged in age from 29 to 75 and most were women.

A granite memorial stands behind the Killeen Community Center with the date of the event and the names of those killed. Luby's Cafeteria re-opened in March 1992 but went out of business in September 2000. Since 2006 the building has been home to a buffet called Yank Sing.
>>
>>16549122
>>16549126
as i believe someone else said, the GI Generation must have been fuck awful parents to raise boomers into being a generation of extreme narcissists who all became serial killers, rapists, and mass shooters
>>
Someday, someday Amerifats will abolish the 2nd Amendment so this can never happen again.
>>
>>16549297
Kek. You have too much faith in Americans. They would sooner equip all of their children with their own firearm than attempt to keep guns out of the hands of nutjobs.
>>
>>16549153
tl;dr cops are totally incompetent and retarded
>>
why were boomers like this?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.