[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_3772.jpg (68 KB, 652x652)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
I am completely convinced that dream worlds are a plain of reality no less real than our own.
>>
I value dreams a lot too
>>
>>16549245
What is 'real' anyway?
>>
>>16549245
“But you are wrong, and I will show you why.
For God is greater than any human being.
So why are you bringing a charge against him?
Why say he does not respond to people’s complaints?
For God speaks again and again,
though people do not recognize it.
He speaks in dreams, in visions of the night,
when deep sleep falls on people
as they lie in their beds.
He whispers in their ears
and terrifies them with warnings.
He makes them turn from doing wrong;
he keeps them from pride.
He protects them from the grave,
from crossing over the river of death.
- Job33:12-18
>>
>>>/x/
>>
>>16549245
Coming up with new realities opens more questions and answers, is impossible to prove, and is not necessary as our current neuroscience theories can explain dreams perfectly well: they are hallucinations
>>
>>16549245
it's the very same reality, but experienced through the filter of a dormant brain, through the fragmented chemical information within said brain.
In order to access this chemical stored info and sort it - it is essential to turn off active use when rearranging the newly formed charged memory molecules into waveforms for storage.
Saying that the "dreamworld" is any less part of our reality as any other video game is, would be nonsensical.
We create dreams and games, in order to decode, sort and relive life itself.
I am a dreamer, because I live.
And I dream of living like that one time when I lived it best.
For back then, the dream was alive.
>>
File: 1630670775369[1].jpg (140 KB, 728x910)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>16549245
Some of my dreams are incredibly vivid.

In one I remember reading a book in one of them and when I woke up I searched for it and it turned out to be Common Sense by Thomas Paine and I finished reading it.

I had a strange dream about pic related, I was on a rowboat going between the plinths with the vases on them in the Palace of Fine Arts which is how I recognize it. It had apparently flooded and was overgrown like a lagoon, the roof must have collapsed because I remember thinking it was dangerous and seeing a mess. The end of my journey was some island with a wooden shack built on it.

I have many different dreams like this where I seem to be transported to a random person at a random time and place, I was some arab child or something living in a desert, I was a student of sorts twice and wandered around the campus and the town, usually I am a bit older and running chores or in a home or some kind of place of work, usually a modern looking city but with like cars from different time periods, I was once a maid in what seemed to be a 19th century hostel or hotel thing, another time I was working at the docks with ships, I was on a wooden ship and sailing the east indies I think, sometimes time flits by and I see another phase of this person's life, sometimes I am very old and just chilling, once I was in pain. I actually feel it. It made me think, millions of people live in pain, and just go about their lives, helping their family, I can't help but admire them because I wouldn't have it in me at all, and it all seems so futile and irrelevant, yet they do it.

I don't realize I am dreaming until near the end when I start to question it, I once took off my shoes and walked on wet grass to feel it and prove it was not a dream, but the moment I realize it is a dream it suddenly ends.

I am logical, I know it is just recalling random memories, but still.
>>
>>16550210
I didn't read your post but it reminded me that I had a dream about that boat shaped thing on top of 2 towers in Singapore. In my dream, the towers would sink into the ground and come back up in turns so it would rock the boat like waves. Also, I never remembered seeing any pictures of those buildings and certainly have never been there. But sometime after it came up scrolling and I was like wow it's just like my dream.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.