[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0718.jpg (189 KB, 1080x1497)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>Brits and French attack German lines fruitlessly for years
>Somme! So kewl!
>Italians do the same
>Haha! Stupid dagos!
Is there any fundamental difference between Italian strategy and Franco-British strategy? Or is it just racism?
>>
I am convinced every single general and officer in this war was retarded due to the all the asbestos and lead they were consuming, it took them way too long to figure out tactics against trenches.
>>
>>16550015
>Somme! So kewl!
Literally no one thinks so
>>
>>16550023
Cadorna is ridiculed. Verdun and the Somme are seen as based and heroic redpilled.
>>16550017
That's industrial warfare.
>>
>>16550015
>Is there any fundamental difference between Italian strategy and Franco-British strategy?
You could argue the Alps. But then it's not like the italians had a better option.
>Or is it just racism?
I don't think it's racism as much as it was the usual anglo propaganda.
The entente scammed Italy after the war, so it was in their interest to marginalize italian contributions to the war.
>>
>>16550015
Italians were against conscripted children and old men while the entirety of the Austrian armies were desperately fighting the Russians. The frogs were against the cream of the German army

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.