[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: images (11) (5).jpg (86 KB, 640x479)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
meet Saint Genoveva, a woman who defended Paris from the Huns and in the words of Catholics themselves "shield of glory and Christian civilization"
Oh my! I thought the protectors were men? especially civilization? But the Catholic Church proves that this is not the case. women can too.
Well, maybe the church isn't as masculine as we thought. I can't imagine the same event among the Romans, for example.
>>
>>16550205
Is this really serious?
Catholic friends, I don't know if I can take you into much consideration, with all due respect. you need women to defend you
>>
believe it or not.
that I was studying and converting to Islam, and when I spoke about the very common female issue, one of the arguments they used to "refute" me was using Genoveva. Apparently Catholics are very proud of this, I've heard things like;
"the holy virgin who defended Catholicism from the Huns" and other things.... but who am I to say anything?
>>
>>16550205
just now that you realize that Catholics elevate the feminine to strange levels? a classic version of "see how empowered this one is"
related photo
>>
>>16550655
They're goddess worshipers; they believe in the divine feminine. Watch 3rd Adam.
>>
>>16550205
Why do women have to be weak? You're saying Protestant women are weak.

>>16550365
So why do women have to be weak? Because?
>>
>>16550655
So women should be weak and never have role models according to you.
>>
I'm trans btw, not sure if that matters
>>
>>16550737
>>16550741
Catholic moment.
The OP is clearly talking about views and what is attributed to the feminine, but in general, women are weak. Even pagans know this, no one talked about MODELS to be inspired, according to your logic, we should go out there to perform miracles like Christ, right?
>>
>>16550697
>they believe in the divine feminine.
This cringe as f3ck
>>
I feel the same with our lady.
I'm Catholic, but I can't venerate her as I should... i love you Mary, BTW
and I can't have the same view of women as other Catholics, honestly. I wonder if she really "defended the Church" from Altaic peoples or is it just something a little contradictory like Joan?
>>
what idiots...
Women can be strong and protective in the same way, that is a Christian right, not a gender one. There are several important women, Luís's own mother was the one who most shaped his person.
you hate motherhood and think that women are a script created by perhaps Shiites.
>>
>>16550784
That was so disgusting it could only be a meme....
Is it a meme or not????
It sounds like feminist discourse, and it's not a question of hating motherhood or "femininity", just not elevating it and not assigning concepts that are NOT part of it. in this case, being a kind of "protector"
>>
>>16550779
>contradictory like Joan
You are not Catholic. This is literally historic, by the way.
You are going against English and French records and even executioners, are you sure about that? and the case of Saint Genoveva, research her history. she really defended the church
>>
>>16550763
I'm Southern Italian and the women in my family were strong. My great grandma was cooking pasta the same day she gave birth.

Cessationism is atheism. Saint Padre Pio bilocaed and performed miracles and some of our saints levitated like St. Joseph of Cupertino. We have lots of healing miracles. We have the eucharist miracles too.
>>
>>16550798
Protestants are Islam lite. A mother bear in the wild protects her own children.

>>16550779
Joan of Arc isn't contradictory. Protestantism is Islam lite.
>>
>>16550832
Wouldn't that make roman catholicism zoroastrian lite, or gnostic lite? And didn't the papacy invent islam?
>>
>>16550875
Protestants think Jesus is not equal to the Father when Jesus will be the one judging. They think Jesus has to beg the father for things after the resurrection. They also deny Mary is the mother of God. Jesus is equal in power to the Father and the judge.
>>
>>16550884
You should be a comic book writer. You're really good at making stuff up and assuming a smug aura at the same time.
>>
>>16550832
>A mother bear in the wild protects her own children.
the same one who leaves her children at the end of the year. Want examples of animals being animals? It's not Catholic to use animals as a metric for something, damn it.
>>
>>16550824
>My great grandma was cooking pasta
You agreed with me. She was doing what women are supposed to do
>>
>>16550824
Being strong is a masculine characteristic, not a feminine one.
>>
>>16550824
>Cessationism is atheism.
Yes?
>Saint Padre Pio bilocated and performed miracles and some of our saints levitated like Saint Joseph of Cupertino. We have many healing miracles. We also have the miracles of the Eucharist.
This is beautiful, but useless to my argument, you know baby?
well, it turns out my argument wasn't about denying that or necessarily about whether or not someone could do it with the grace of the creator, but about *inspiration*, you know? people of God to be inspired by.
>>16550934
"Nooooooooooo my mother is strong as My DAD, you are soo protestantz my dude"
>>
>>16550832
>Joan of Arc isn't contradictory
She is.
Joan of Arc has always been a difficult person to define; it was difficult to define in the 15th century and still is today. This fact makes it quite difficult to figure out what is true about Joan of Arc and what is not.
>>
>>16550205
Catholics worship Mary. Are you really surprised it might be feminine?
>>
Female pastors are a continuation of Joan of Arc's legacy
>>
>>16550934
>>16550918
>>16550798
Evidently the notion that fighting was a male role wasn't accepted as a valid thing at the time. Queens lead armies on crusades on multiple occasions. The taboo on women fighting was always about protecting women from what an obviously bad thing war was and it was never some attempt to restrict the proffession to men you dumbass. The crusades were considered pilgrimages which was an acceptable thing to do for everyone so nobody took issue with women being on the pilgrimage.
>>
>>16551057
Based
Both of which a woman can do without acting "manly" and it was perfectly normal for a woman to stand in for her husband if he was indisposed. And even without being married in that same time period you had women running breweries, managing mines, being cloth merchants ect
>>
>>16551071
Yes
They were simply doing the things they had always done and none of them thought they were trailblazing because nobody ever said they couldn't do it. Ironcially modern feminist theory is thing that was suggested the most the woman can't do things, although they frame it in a way that they are suggesting that they should be doing this things even though they can't, but the reality is they always could.
>>
>>16550918
Just saying a female can be strong

>>16550929
She would also whack you if you touched her meatballs too soon.

>>16550934
Tell that to the women who lived on the farms and physically toiled. The idea of women just sitting around and never being strong is a protestant idea.

>>16551026
Female pastors exist because protestants told them they couldn't have a strong personality and told them they didn't have saints as role models. They also didn't have nuns either.
>>
Japan had female warriors (onna-musha) that would fight alongside samurai, Tomoe Gozen is the most
>>
>>16551096
You seem obsessed. Does italy or some jesuit organization pay you to post here?
>>
>>16551071
>>16551057
Lol the same guy
>>
File: images (4) (13).jpg (36 KB, 525x350)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>16550779
I'm skeptical that it ever happened. Maybe Joan of Arc was a symbol or mascot but I don't believe she commanded armies. Women in combat and women in armor is purely fantasy
>>
>>16551128
"In all she did, except in affairs of war, she was a very simple young girl; but for warlike things such as bearing the lance, assembling an army, ordering military operations, directing artillery-she was most skillful. Every one wondered that she could act with as much wisdom and foresight as a captain who had fought for twenty or thirty years. It was above all in making use of artillery that she was so wonderful."
-Prince Jean, Duke of Alençon.
>>16551116
>>16551114
1. women of the Diadochoi era led men in battle. Philip II's family was full of warriors, including women. Alexander's mother, half-sister and niece led the men into battle

2.Catalina de Erauso has a very interesting story, she ran away from a convent in Spain and ended up officially becoming a member of the Spanish armies in their colonies in South America.

3.there is also that admiral who discovered the Solomon Islands. isabela Barreto
>>
>>16551142
I'm being serious. What does your italian grandma have to do with anything? I'm just trying to understand your bizarre posts.
>>
All the comments.... so, Catholics suport the "women strong"? Very nice!
>>
>>16551180
Yes. Seethe you islamonut Prottie
>>
>>16551185
Wow!
I m sooo afraid of sTroNg wOmien.
>>
>>16551189
patron saint of France, known for defending France from Attila, and in her old age she was at the side of Clovis and Saint Clotilde.
She was an incredible and extremely important woman, in fact.
>>
>>16551192
and she stood for trans BIPOC rights. so brave
>>
Cope
>The great pre-eminence of the king's mother may seem strange from our modern Western perspective, in which we think of a queen as being the wife of a king. However, remember that most ancient Near Eastern kings practiced polygamy. King Solomon had seven hundred wives (1 Kings 11:3) – imagine the chaos in the royal court if all seven hundred were given kingship! But since each king had only one mother, one can see the practical wisdom in granting her the kingship.
>Immediately, Matthew explicitly shows how the baby Jesus is the child “Immanuel”, as prophesied in Isaiah 7:14 (Matthew 1:23). As we saw above, this prophecy links the royal messianic child to his queen mother. Furthermore, Matthew highlights the intimate relationship between the mother and her royal son by using the phrase “the child and his mother” five times in the first two chapters, recalling the close association between the queen mother and the royal son as described in the Books of Kings. Just as the queen mother was constantly mentioned alongside the kings of Judea in 1 and 2 Kings, Mary is frequently mentioned alongside her royal son, Jesus, in Matthew's infancy narrative (Matthew 1:18; 2:11, 13, 14, 20). , 21).
>Mary's royal office is even more explicit in Luke's account of the Visitation. Elizabeth greets Mary with the title “the mother of my Lord” (Luke 1:43). This title is loaded with great real meaning. In the royal court language of the ancient Near East, the title “Mother of my Lord” was used to address the queen mother of the reigning king (who was called “my Lord”; cf. 2 Sam. 24:21). Thus, with this title, Elizabeth recognizes the great dignity of Mary's role as royal mother of the king, Jesus
>>
>>16551223
>Finally, Mary's royalty can be seen in the great vision described in Revelation 12: “And a great omen appeared in heaven, a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars; She was pregnant and cried out in labor pains, in the anguish of childbirth” (Revelation 12:1-2). Who is this newborn child? He is described as the messianic king exercising his dominion. In verse 5, the author of Revelation chose Messianic Psalm 2 to describe how this child “will rule all nations with a rod of iron” (Rev 12:5, Ps 2:9). This royal son is taken to heaven to sit on a throne (Revelation 12:5), and he inaugurates the kingdom of God by defeating the devil: “Now the kingdom of our God has come, for the accuser is on the throne. down” (12:10). Certainly, this newborn child is the real Messiah, King Jesus.

https://www.catholic.com/magazine/p rint-edition/is-marys-queenship-bib lical
>>
>>16551223
What a sublime goddess this Sop- I mean Mary is.
>>
>>16551226
>>16551223
I would like to know the neutral opinion of any Catholic on this.
It seems very biased to me, in fact. very similar to the gigantic articles of people justifying with the Bible how veneration of images is worship.
>>
>>16551232
There's nothing biblical about it from a purely observational standpoint. Whatever commentary that's sourced from is taking gnostic theology from Babel and forcefully inserting it into the Bible.
>>
>>16551238
Why? you did not refute my articles.
>>
>>16551238
and those comments above? When I was Catholic, unfortunately I heard them all the time... mainly with adjectives
>>
>why aren't you wasting your time deboonking my pozzed tranny article that was invented by a child rapist to subvert scripture and waste peoples time
another mystery to ponder I guess.
>>
>>16551266
You lost
>>
>>16550205
Catholics will praise a thousand saints before they ever even think of giving praises to the Almighty.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.