[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1705461169978611.jpg (7 KB, 268x188)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
Are there any movies/series/documentaries that do history justice, or am I wasting my time not reading a book instead? Been listening to some audiobooks that have me captivated with so much actually interesting information on historical topics (some lectures on fall of Rome atm), but I try and watch something like HBO Rome and I just don't care. They're so focused on character development and drama. Haven't really seen any normal documentaries either that hook me, as they gloss so hard to become a summary of a wikipedia page.

Is this what it means to be an adult interested in history? Unable to enjoy anything but books?
>>
Nothing beats book reading for knowledge learning.
>>
>>16550902
Here you go blud
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOrf2h5ONlwW65dLPiKN65NBuf7ivKPk-
>>
>>16550945
As someone who's read a number of books on the Eastern Front, this series is also good
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwGzY25TNHPC_SsXFcIH-ba0nWuNbHOM6
>>
>>16550902
>I try and watch something like HBO Rome and I just don't care. They're so focused on character development and drama.
and they speak english and cast ethnically incorrect actors. takes me out of it
>>
>>16550904
Certainly, but why is that knowledge so entertaining, moreso than content intended for entertainment? Is it something about complexity? And/or the third person perspective of historical narration? I haven't really tried reading historical fiction but I imagine it wouldn't captivate the same way nonfiction does.

>>16550945
100 50min episodes, nice! Fuck at that point it's just a book in video form. Will check it out, thanks.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.