[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: taj.jpg (7 KB, 248x203)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
Why do Iberians we wuz Trajan, Hadrian, Marcus Aurelius, Seneca etc. when they were Italians colonist who had nothing remotely to do with natives Iberians
It's very cringe honestly
>>
YOU ARE A MORON.
>>
>>16551713
To be fair to the Spanish basically every ethnicity from the post-Roman world does this to a degree. Constantine the Great is seen as a Serbian/Albanian icon by their respective countries, but by far the most larpy of these countries is Armenia. They claim basically every late Roman/Byzantine emperor as theirs.
>>
File: emperors_1.jpg (93 KB, 881x640)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>16551713
Colonists usually mixed with natives, so all of them were probably at least partly Iberians. Also since they lived in imperial times, their grandmothers could be east med or punic.
>>
>>16551740
>Constantine the Great is seen as a Serbian/Albanian
Rly?
>>
>>16551752
His mother was Greek but his father was supposedly Illyrian hence the Serbo-Albanian claim
>>
>>16551747
>Also since they lived in imperial times, their grandmothers could be east med or punic.
Colonies were founded by Roman citizens from Central Italy so the chance of that is astronimically low.
>>
>>16551747
Why were there 25 emperors from the Balkans
>>
>>16551757
Look up "barracks emperors"
Basically you can blame Septimius Severus for everything post-235
>>
>>16551757
They just wanted it more
>>
>>16551740
>>16551755
Do Balkan Slavs just not know that they migrated into the region centuries after these men died?
>>16551752
Retarded LARP map based off of no data related to Constantine
>>
>>16551763
>Do Balkan Slavs just not know that they migrated into the region centuries after these men died?
The Serbian claim is slightly more retarded but the point is that Serbs (and Macedonians) are the least "Slavic" Slavs despite speaking the common tongue. Albanians are just insane when it comes to stuff like this.
>>
>>16551713
>>16551740
>>16551756
Spaniards are the closest population to the Romans you fucking morons. Not only Trajan was Spanish, but so were Scipion, Caesar and Cicero, lern to deal with it.
>>
It's actually incredible that people would think that Trajan and Hadrian were "Italian" when
1. Italians aren't like the Romans at all genetically speaking (unlike Spaniards)
2. They settled in Iberia, so they can't even claim association by ancestry.
>>
>>16551755
>Greek
No Hellenized Anatolian actually.
>>
>>16551791
>Least mindbroken iberberian
>>
>>16551800
You're a syrian immigrant living off gibs in Canada
>>
>>16551807
>spaniards are the true Romans
>Italians living in Iberia arent real Italians
If you werent a moor, you would see how these contradict to some extent.
>>
>>16551782
>Modern Spaniards are the closet population to the Romans (dubious)
>Therefore all Romans were Spanish
Are you high?
>>
>>16551829
Both are false, obviously.
It's mostly pajeets shitflinging and falseflagging both sides.
>>
>>16551821
There's 0 contradiction here
>>16551829
Republicans Roman were Spanish genetically speaking. Are you a moron?
>>
>>16551831
/his/ is completely insane
>>
>>16551831
>i-it's the pajeets.
No retard, this is a sound claim corroborated by actual geneticists.
>>
>>16551836
>>16551839
>the hjira insists
Ay caramba

>>16551837
>is
Always was
>>
>>16551713
>Why do Iberians we wuz Trajan, Hadrian, Marcus Aurelius, Seneca etc. when they were Italians colonist who had nothing remotely to do with natives Iberians
>It's very cringe honestly
Lol, Mexican OP can you please fuck off back to Mexico and stop obsessing over Iberians you mixed race stupid fuck haha.
>>
>>16551837
You're the one who is insane to think modern Italians are more similar genetically to the Ancient Romans than Spaniards are. Like do you realize how little sense you make?
We're in 2024. There's been multiple studies carried out on Roman populations, they all say the same thing.
>>
>>16551841
>Ay caramba
You are not even Italian or Spanish so what the fuck are you even doing in this debate? Go talk about WW2, religion or something.
>>
>>16551740
Wtf. I have literally never heard an Armenian claim any Roman emperor, and there was quite literally a Byzantine one nicknamed "The Armenian": Leo V
Cope harder, azeri faggot.
>>
>>16551763
Cope retard.
>>16551755
Constantine most likely resembled modern Greeks, not Serbians/Albanians.
>>
>>16551857
I think he means the Macedonian dynasty
>>
>>16551858
Illyrians were like modern central Italians and Albanians (both are very close). Albanians can claim him through paternal line.
>>
>>16551857
>I have literally never heard an Armenian claim any Roman emperor
You've not looked hard enough, Armenians claim the Isaurian, Macedonian and Doukas dynasties which is completely insane.
>Cope harder, azeri faggot.
I'm not even Azeri, but OK.
>>
>>16551864
No they fucking cant. That's like saying Swedes can claim Charlemagne
>>
>>16551864
Serbs are paternal Slavic and maternal Thraco-Illyrian.
Constantine was paternal Thraco-Illyrian and maternal anatolian Greek.
Modern Greeks are heavily E-V13 and much closer to the latter.
>>
>>16551872
NTA and I'm not Armenian but you're a moron who doesn't even know that republican romans were Spanish so I guess your knowledge on the matter is far lesser than what you claim it to be.
I do remember reading that the Macedonian dynasty was of Armenian origin.
>>
>>16551880
I was talking about Albanian, not Serb
>>16551877
Of course they can't, Franks didn't originate in Scandinavia. Dutch however have a much stronger claim on it than French do.
>>
>>16551884
Ok, Albanians are related to paternal ancestors of Constantine, but Greeks and south Italians are closer to Constantine himself.
>>
>>16551894
A half Spanish half English man will be close to French genetically but either Spaniards or Anglos are in a better position to claim him
>>
>>16551713
>Why do Iberians we wuz Trajan, Hadrian, Marcus Aurelius, Seneca
Because they were Iberians
>b-but they were Romans
Genetically Iberians anyway
>>
>>16551968
>colonizers are actually indigenous when we want to brag about them
>>
>>16551986
By your logic Britfags can't brag about Anglo-Saxons since they're colonizers too.
>>
>>16551913
Basically I agree, by same logic Italians have bigger claim to Roman heritage than Iberians.
>>
>>16552023
No because we're talking about ethnic groups, not individuals
>>
>>16552009
It's one thing to claim you are related and another for Brits to claim they are more "Germanic" than Germans.
>>
>>16552029
If Germans mixed with Slavs to the point that they would not ressemble the original Saxons anymore then yeah. I actually think Brits are more Germanic than Austrians and east Germans are.
>>
>>16552051
Then you are retarded plain and simple
Or you are a pajeet that took a false flag thread too far and is now spouting complete bs non stop
>>
File: sheendna.png (27 KB, 426x523)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
>>16552026
Basically Martin Sheen is half Spanish half Irish. Genetically, he is French or Belgian. However he himself isn't French or Belgian at all, he's American of Irish and Spanish ancestry.
No if we found an ancient population who genetically had the same profile as picrel, and this population had genetic and cultural ties with France even if said population was located in present day Germany or Switzerland then it would be fair to call them French or at least French-like, more than German-like or Swiss-like
>>
>>16552064
How am I retarded? English are factually more Germanic than some Germans or adjacent population. That's because the native Britons were very similar to the Germanics to begin with, as were the Celtiberians to the Romans.
>>
>>16551713
>It's very cringe honestly
another 'iberians poo poo' thread? now that's cringe.
>>
>>16552100
>saying that Iberians werent romans means they were jeets
Nice projecting there
>>
>>16552104
I don't have an opinion on the actual subject, I just think this is not important enough for anyone except you, and that you keep spamming the board with your mania.
>>
File: Mycenaean.jpg (22 KB, 394x122)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>16551798
Similar to hellenized pelasgians aka pure greeks.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.