[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20240426_224716.jpg (49 KB, 662x883)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
This seems...over the top.
I don't get why Christians even do this, you already have the son of God in flesh as the literal savior and mediotar between God and man so why keep running after saints and Mary for help? That's like having a lemon tree in your garden and going to the market to buy lemons.
>>
>>16553698
Because unlike you, heathen, we believe in the power of prayer. We firmly believe that the Saints and the Blessed Virgin Mary praying for us will help us.
>>
>>16553711
Jesus won't?
>>
>>16553698
Embarrassing.
>>
>>16553728
No? Jesus doesn't pray for us, He is the one who answers prayers. That would be like asking God to pray for us. Who would He pray to?
>>
>>16553711
>dead people in the afterlife having to hear your murmurs and thoughts so they can do your work for you
Yikes...
>>
>>16553731
I'm talking about the help part. I Just don't see how going to Jesus directly all the time isn't enough when he's the son of God in flesh he literally is the bridge between God and humans. So why keep bringing up other mediotars when you already have one that's there to listen to your prayers and carry your burdens. Also the language used in the prayer is concerning. "I have no other help besides thee", " no other intercessor or good consoler"
That reads almost like blasphemy. Like imagine in the days of Jesus someone going to saint Peter or Mary and speaking to them like that? They would Tell him that they are mere humans who need salvation just like him and there's no greater consoler than God .
>>
>>16553754
I take it that you're ignorant of this human concept called "asking for help"?
>>
>>16553789
Yes.
>>
>>16553807
Poor you.
>>
>>16553731
The heavens are full of angels. When you pray to the Almighty, they hear you and channel your prayers to God. The ears of angels are the ears of Yahweh. The angels are the hosts of Yahweh.

You see it all the time in the old testament that the angels of Yahweh appear to a person and Yahweh himself speaks through them as if he was the angel. He is the Lord of the Hosts are his hosts, he inhabits them at will.

That is why also none of the angels ever give their names to people, even when people in the OT has asked them directly for his name to honor them, they refused. Because they only put ears to prayers directed at God. They are God's ears. You do not need to know their names, you do not need to pray to them. They are the servants of Yahweh and they exist to execute his will.
>>
>>16553860
Manoah prayed to Yahweh: “Pardon your servant, Yahweh. I beg you to let the man of God you sent to us come again to teach us how to bring up the boy who is to be born.”

God heard Manoah, and the angel of God came again to the woman while she was out in the field; but her husband Manoah was not with her. The woman hurried to tell her husband, “He’s here! The man who appeared to me the other day!”

Manoah got up and followed his wife. When he came to the man, he said, “Are you the man who talked to my wife?”

“I am,” he said.

So Manoah asked him, “When your words are fulfilled, what is to be the rule that governs the boy’s life and work?”

The angel of Yahweh answered, “Your wife must do all that I have told her. She must not eat anything that comes from the grapevine, nor drink any wine or other fermented drink nor eat anything unclean. She must do everything I have commanded her.”

Manoah said to the angel of Yahweh, “We would like you to stay until we prepare a young goat for you.”

The angel of Yahweh replied, “Even though you detain me, I will not eat any of your food. But if you prepare a burnt offering, offer it to Yahweh.” (Manoah did not realize that it was the angel of Yahweh.)

Then Manoah inquired of the angel of Yahweh, “What is your name, so that we may honor you when your word comes true?”

He replied, “Why do you ask my name? It is beyond understanding.” Then Manoah took a young goat, together with the grain offering, and sacrificed it on a rock to Yahweh. And Yahweh did an amazing thing while Manoah and his wife watched: As the flame blazed up from the altar toward heaven, the angel of Yahweh ascended in the flame. Seeing this, Manoah and his wife fell with their faces to the ground. When the angel of Yahweh did not show himself again to Manoah and his wife, Manoah realized that it was the angel of Yahweh.
>>
>>16553860
>>16553866
Sup, JWanon?
>>
>>16553860
>*He is the Lord of the Hosts are they are his hosts*
>>
>>16553698
Bro the ave maria is literally the most common prayer in catholicism. It's a completely different religion to christianity.
>>
>>16553874
Nope.
>>
>>16553698
>This seems...over the top.
It is. I say that as a Catholic. I would not be willing to say that prayer.
>>
>>16553711
>Because unlike you, heathen,
Have you considered not acting like a smug piece of shit when people raise simple concerns.
>and the Blessed Virgin Mary praying for us will help us.
That’s not the issue anon. Address the point the OP underlined. Stop doing words games.
“I have no other HELP beside thee, no other INTERCESSOR, nor good consoler, except thee, O Mother of God” which is a direct contradiction of sacred scripture.
>>>16553731
>Jesus doesn't pray for us, He is the one who answers prayers.
It’s not about prayers dumbass. Read the OP, “no other INTERCESSOR”
Romans 8:34
Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us.
>>
>>16553698
What’s the book OP, if you wouldn’t mind?
>>
>>16553886
You are just as retarded as this anon (>>16553711)
Both of you need to go back.
>>
File: 20240427_004318.jpg (202 KB, 1034x1280)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
>>16554074
>What’s the book OP, if you wouldn’t mind?
>>
>>16554118
Thanks anon. Yep checks out.
Eastern Orthodox Prayers for Mary often go further than Catholicism and into the realm of heresy. While Catholics believe in the immaculate conception the EO have some really weird views based off of the Protoevangelion (a book condemned by the early church) and take a view that Mary essentially achieved Gnosis in the Temple, saw Humanity in misery, felt bad and planned with God to save them through the incarnation.
>>
>>16553711
Mary's gotta be receiving a million prayers a second. Why the fuck would she pay attention to yours?
>>
>>16554727
Because she loves me.
>>
>>16553764
Imagine you had cancer.
You wouldn't just go to the doctor to get it fixed would you? You'd try and eat better, keep fit, take your meds, relax when you need to, etc.
That's like the Saints and the Mother of God.
Yeah you can just pray to God for help all the time (visit the doctor in my example) OR you could pray to God, the Saints, the Theotokos, etc so that your spiritual health and state is the best it can be.
>>
>>16555102
You are describing polytheism
>>
>>16555102
>so that your spiritual health and state is the best it can be
God is not enough for that? Paganism
>>
>>16554727
she is omniscient so it is not a problem
>>
>>16553886
No its not lmao retard nigger

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.