[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What’s the difference
What’s their appeal
>>
>>16554430
Not really. The only real similarity between the two is that they are relatively new religions which are monotheistic.

>What’s their appeal
Sikhism presents a path to inner peace and a guide to worldly action which is deeply fulfilling.

t. Sikh
>>
>>16554462
Are you Punjabi?
Is Sikhism a combination of Islam and Hinduism?
>>
>>16554430
>>16554430
>Sikhism is a Hinduism and Islam by the way of Syncretism.
>Bahaism is every single religion and with Islam as its base.
Make it acceptable for other people to convert to, rather than religions they already have.
>>
>>16554533
>Are you Punjabi?
Yes
>Is Sikhism a combination of Islam and Hinduism?
Not really. Vedanta, Vaishnavism and Sufi Islam all were major influences on Sikhism but it's a new thing.
>>
>>16555115
Punjabi girls are cute

What are your thoughts on Hare Krishnas
Are they similar to Sikhs
>>
>>16555252
>What are your thoughts on Hare Krishnas
Personally? I have nothing against them, although their founder was quite racist.

>Are they similar to Sikhs
No. ISKCON is a Lord Krishna-centric Vaishnavite sect, while Sikhism does not acknowledge Lord Vishnu as the supreme being, but instead as a form/servant of the One God.
>>
>>16554430
>What’s the difference
What do they even have in common? Just monotheism?
>>
>>16555274
Different anon, I find Sikhi pretty interesting. So you guys believe that the gurus are manifestations of God? The metaphor I normally hear is that a guru is like a wave on the ocean, they only appear different but are actually the ocean itself. Reminds me somewhat of Shaivism where your guru can be God, quite different to most Vaishnavites who tend to separate humans from God.
>>
>>16554430
The appeal of Sikhism is that it preserves the central theological and philosophical insights of Indian civilization while being a warrior religion in the vein of Islam.

>>16554533
>Is Sikhism a combination of Islam and Hinduism?

No. The only thing it takes from Islam is the rejection of monasticism and celibacy. Even the monotheism is more in line with Brahman than Allah.

It's not a Hindu sect either as it rejects caste and you don't need to be an ethnic to be a Sikh as you would with most Hindu sects.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.