[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Seems like Mexico unraveled in the 80s. The economy went to shit after the peso crisis. They tried to fix it with nafta which helped but hurt in other ways. But it seems like the central government has lost control. How did that happen? Why dont they attempt to fix it? Is mexico a failed state? How and when is america going to get involved?
>>
the US has never considered mexico a legitimate country if that's any consultation
>>
>>16554566
Same thing happened at the beginning of the century after the end of the Porfiriato. Years of civil wars, breakaway regions, bandit/warlord armies.
It's something about the geography and the different cultures.
>>
>>16554566

Rampant corrupt neoliberalism.
>>
>>16554604
It's called your country is mostly made up of brown people without any culture or development
>>
>>16554642
But mexico does have some development. Like roads. Schools. Airports. It's not amazing or good. But it's there. They can always build up on it like everywhere else.

Mexicans defiantely have culture. There's plenty of native american influence you see everywhere. And them the Iberian culture left behind by the spaniards.
>>
>>16554659
mexico is africa tier with beaners severing gas pipelines to sell and bursting into flames
>>
>>16554604
Russia has bas geography. So does brazil. China. America. There are many countries with bas geography but the government maintains control over it. So can mexico. But why? Why do they have constant problems with breakaway regions and bandits and warlords armies? That's the question.
>>
>>16554667
Because they've never actually tried to rectify the problem of their princes' republic never letting anybody else have a turn. It's like if America shot Daniel Shays and then continued to do that whenever anyone in the republic questioned them. Every single warlord and bandit started off as a former soldier. You solve Mexico's problems within a year if you decriminalize drugs and bring in the now de-legitimized cartels into the government. Fucking Liberia is trying to solve this cycle.
>>
>>16554566
they were eating brains out of skulls before quadroons from spain fucked them
>>
>>16554711
the state is already sponsoring drugs, how would the state legalizing drugs solve the drug problem
>>
Drug trafficking and the war on drugs: The rise of drug trafficking in Mexico in the 1980s and 1990s led to the formation of powerful criminal organizations, such as the Sinaloa Cartel and the Gulf Cartel. These groups engaged in violent turf wars and battles with the Mexican government, leading to a surge in gang-related violence.
Poverty and lack of economic opportunities: Many young people in Mexico are drawn to gang life due to a lack of job opportunities and economic instability. Gangs often offer a sense of belonging and a means of survival, even if it means engaging in illegal activities.
Political corruption and impunity: Corruption within the Mexican government and law enforcement agencies has allowed gangs to operate with relative impunity, making it difficult to hold them accountable for their actions.
Historical and cultural factors: Mexico has a long history of violence and conflict, dating back to the colonial period. This has contributed to a culture of violence and a lack of trust in institutions.
** Fragmentation of criminal organizations**: The Mexican government’s efforts to dismantle criminal organizations have led to their fragmentation, causing smaller groups to emerge and become more violent in their attempts to survive.
Lack of effective law enforcement and justice system: The Mexican justice system is often slow and ineffective, allowing criminals to operate with impunity and making it difficult to hold them accountable for their actions.
Geographic and demographic factors: Mexico’s geographic location, with its long border with the United States, has made it a hub for drug trafficking and organized crime. Additionally, the country’s demographic makeup, with a large youth population and high levels of poverty, has contributed to the growth of gangs.
>>
>>16554711
the cartel is the government right now lmfao
officially
>>
From my limited experience with Mexico, none of the roads were paved outside of the single main road through town, there were no crossing lights anywhere, the entire village was serviced by a single water tower that was untreated to the point where water from the tap smelled like sewage and everyone just kinda dealt with it, half the houses were in ruin, there's street dogs everywhere, as soon as you step away from the center of town you get the feeling that this is how tourists get trafficed and skinned by cartels. Still, there's a lot of friends people, good food, some sad fools holding accordions playing Norteno music by the border, towns are very walkable too. Almost like you took a step back in time. Then you cross over into the US and now there's massive wide roads everywhere, big beautiful strip malls full of cars and people, modern suburbs. The contrast is pretty striking. Its amazing the difference a single border wall can make honestly
>>
>>16554667
>the government maintains control over it
For most of those not really.
>>
>that time a cartel went on a three day rampage through a small town, killing hundreds with the local cops helping them
damn mexico, you scary
>>
>>16554711
So if they legalized drugs alot of the murders would go away. Lots of their power and money would go away to since they can sell legally now. Good point. We'll why don't they legalize it then?
>>
>>16554566
From what I understand, Mexico's core problems come from them not having strong governmental institutions.
In their first century Mexico veered from short lived republics, attempts at monarchies, and dictatorships.
Only occasionally, under the rare competent and honest rulers, whether they be dictators like Diaz, or elected men like Benito Juarez, did Mexico have coherent government.

When Diaz's regime collapsed in 1910, Mexico would lose strong leadership and not-easily-bribed governments. (except for Larzaro Cardenas who was very beloved and honest)
The PRI (Party of the Institutionalized Revolution) became a corrupt one-party state where the party only sought to enrich the party, at the expense of Mexico.

The cartels grew in power and money, and the corrupt institutions which remain even following the fall of the PRI are too afraid and/or bought out to solve the issue

a don't know much about Mexico, so don't listen to me
>>
>>16554809
>the money goes away when they sell legally
you're definitely brown because that doesn't make sense
>>
>>16554728
Jeez. Sounds like a real dumpster fire. How will they fix this? Can they? How does the country survive?
>>
>>16554822
there isn't a country, they're a bunch of tribals with a large landmass
>>
>tfw you could have stopped it
>>
>>16554779
You think race plays a role? I've read that many latinos in america have an iq of just 89. That's with alot more schooling that mexico offers. Where as whites have an iq of 100 on average. You think this plays a role? Bc government matters. Policy matters. But if the people living there are kind of too stupid than all the good policies won't do much to help. I've seen videos online where people claim it's the intelligence differences amongst races that play the biggest role. Any thoughts to this?
>>
>>16554832
probably skewed because the average illegal immigrant offspring has a 50% dropout rate
>>
>>16554808
Yeah. Is that the city where the dea bragged about having a snitch there just to see if there was a leak. Well there was and the local cartel went crazy trying to find the snitch lol. Killed 100s and the town no longer exist. The governemnt didn't do anything at all and nobody even talks about it. I think it's pretty obvious mexico is a failed state at this point.
>>
they should have legalized cocaine, meth and weed so it could legally be exported to America.

Americans need their drugs
>>
>>16554839
>spics start the cocaine trade
>f-fucking americans
lol
>>
>>16554813
How hasnt mexico collapsed than? Why havnt there been "good guys" that try to seperate or limit the damage? Seems like everybody is on a train they know is going to crash. And yet nobody is trying to stop the train or change tracks. Doesn't that seem strange?
>>
>>16554837
Yeah that's the one, everyone goes on about the bus gladiators thing with the zetas but that sounded much more fucked up
>>
>>16554817
Your right. The money I'd there but it's legal and there's no incentive to kill the competition. Sorry.
>>
>>16554852
The general public being so incompetent, impoverished and stupid prevents any sort of mass awakening or anti corruption social movement. In a normal civil society for instance women would not like their husbands to be corrupt pieces of shit. But I guess in mexico where the women squat in the mud and pick corn out of the cracks of the sidewalk they don't care much about anything
>>
>>16554836
Skewed in what way? It'd makes their iq seem better bc those guys dropped out and so didn't get counted? So it's worse than it appears? Or they are smarter than 89 bc those illegals really bring down the average?

Also there is a strange correlation with California high school. The more Hispanics there are the worse they are. Grades and crime in those schools get worse with more latinod the school has. Correlation isint everything but it's interesting that seems to be a relation there.
>>
>>16554839
Proabably would help.
>>
>>16554888
Everything in the US that pertains to race should be taken with a grain of salt, left wing researchers will specifically choose only the smartest ethnics or most mixed race ethnics as representatives of their race in studies.
>>
>>16554872
I'm "WHITE", my dad is of scottish and English decent and my mom is mexican. But her 23 and me is about 65 percent spanish and 35 percent Sonoran native american. Let me tell you something. She is dumb. She doesn't seem to know much besides cooking and that's about it. No curiosity at all either. I've talked to her about politics and she is so left leaning it's scary. Even though my brother and sister and I look white. My brother acts extremely violent and stupid. I can't help but wonder if that's genetics. Even my mom looks very european yet behaves really dumb and abusive.

I've visited Mexico alot too. People seem to behave like my mom. Very dumb. Abusive and violent. Corruption everywhere. Incompetence everywhere too. People don't seem to know much about their own history or politics much less other things. Not racists but it seems to me they are just worse in everyway. Starting to think they just suck as a group of humans.
>>
>>16554667
Russia is a funny one to bring up since they also had a massive civil war, breakaway regions, and massive organized crime.
>>
>>16554642
I think the culture of Mexico is the only thing keeping all these disparate peoples together.
>>
>>16554628
Not an economic problem it’s ultimately a human nature problem. People are just going to ultimately have to realize some cultures are fit for rulership others for servitude.
>>
>>16554604
The region has always been ethnically segregated. It never should have been glued together the way it has been. The south is different from the coasts, which are different from the north.
>>16554642
>>16554663
/pol/tranny cope
>>
>>16554975
>People are just going to ultimately have to realize some cultures are fit for rulership others for servitude.
I don't see any fitting either.
>>
>>16554896
>left wing researchers will specifically choose only the smartest ethnics or most mixed race ethnics as representatives of their race in studies.
So in one minute you Chuds say that these stats are true but when it's inconvenient to your/a narrative it's suddenly cherry picked? I don't get you guys.
>>
>>16554994
yes browns are actually far dumber than we give them credit, asians too.
>>
>>16554938
But they solved it. The ussr fixed those issues. Then russia also fixed those problems. Where as mexico has never fixed it. It just keeps getting worse and nobody wants to fix it.
>>
>>16554943
Mexico is a large country. There are europeans and natives and the mixed race everywhere. Different parts can be very different. The north is far richer than the south for example. I think mexican identity is the only thing keeping it together. Otherwise it makes sense to shrink the country further. Like the north should be 1 country. Call it Sonora for example. The south should be a Mayan republic for example and covers most of the tucatan peninsula. Or joins guatamala. The central part is the real part of mexico if you ask me. The current governments keeps that. That would make a lot more sense.
>>
>>16555012
>Then russia also fixed those problems.
Not even close.

>>16554999
I don't find either exceptionally dumb. Weird to bring up Asians when they can actually do infrastructure and public transportation projects while those things became a lost art in the Anglo world.
>>
>>16555012
>Solved
They are literally fighting a war with a breakaway state right now lol. A war they have been fighting off and on for centuries.
>>
>>16554994
I think the iq tests are pretty fair. They exist almost everywhere and have many contributing members from across the world. Pretty much everybody would agree that different human groups test better or worse. And it makes a lot of sense. If evolution is real then why would intelligence be the same everywhere. I'm sure it takes a different type of intelligence to survive in the jungles of brazil vs the prairies of america or the tundra of Siberia or the forests of Germany. Everybody except lefties from us would proabably agree with that.
>>
>>16555027
Ukraine broke away from the ussy not russia. Russia fixes chechnya which is only a small part of Russia. They annihilated that region. Also, Ukraine is a indepdent country and should not be considered a breakaway region. Even russians would agree. Everybody except putin and his thugs anyway.
>>
>>16555036
They dint exactly change policy though. IQ tests only have actual relevance in school settings to test aptitude in key aspects and designing an IEP around it.
>>
>>16555039
>Russia fixes chechnya which is only a small part of Russia. They annihilated that region.
Are you delusional?
>>
>>16555036
>I'm sure it takes a different type of intelligence to survive in the jungles of brazil vs the prairies of america or the tundra of Siberia or the forests of Germany.
It doesn't really. The idea of environmental exceptionalism never made sense.
>>
>>16555039
So is your argument that the USSR solved the problem of breakaway regions and gangs everywhere by collapsing into a bunch of breakaway states and being overrun by organized crime? And Ukraine is exactly a breakaway state, may be legitimate, thats not the point.
Actually Ukraine becomes independent at almost the same time as the Mexican revolution, pretty wild.
>>
>>16555021
the only areas in asia with significant infrastructure also have insane western investment
>>
>>16555048
Why not? Don't organism evolve to better survive in a environment? Europeans have white skin bc there's less sunlight and they need to absorb vitamin d easier. Black people are dark bc there's too much sunlight and need to block out the sun light? Why wouldn't your environment apply more or less pressure to be smarter?
>>
>>16554832
I don't think so. Plenty of second generation Mexicans tend to live comfortably in the US and integrate fine without any issues. They end up getting construction jobs that help build said wide roads and strip malls.
>>
>>16554566
Race.
>>
>>16555097
>mexicans
>contributing anything to the US
>>
>>16555103
I just got back from a local Mexican place and they got the best burritos in town. They're hard workers, I respect them. I think they tend to get unfairly bunched up with central Americans, who rarely integrate as well.
>>
>>16555110
some of them work, yes
>>
>>16555116
There's plenty of lazy whites as well to be fair. I should know, I'm one of them
>>
>>16555119
it's one thing to be completely demoralized by the state of your country, it's another to come here and be a useless piece of shit
>>
>>16555124
Maybe, but unfortunately for you, we do not live in a meritocracy. Being lazy isn't a crime
>>
>>16555128
Well belonging to a race that wouldn't exist in the country without breaking the law means something. They're basically gypsies
>>
>>16555132
also driving around drunk and crashing into things seems to be their thing
>>
>>16554566
Imagine if the cartel stayed together without its leaders getting arrested. Yes, it seemed the only way Mexico stayed safe past the 80s would be as a stable narcostate.
>>
>>16555137
they also fuck a lot of kids
>>
>>16554566

YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN IN MEXICO.

STAY OUT OF MY COUNTRY.
>>
>>16554832
Chile has about the same IQ as Mexico and it's not a massive shithole brimming with violence. It all comes to organization in the end. Mexico just got really really unlucky.
>>
>>16554566
>>16554628
>>16554728
>>16554813
You need to look further back

>>16555099
So the Spaniards introduced subhuman genes, got it
>>
>>16554566
The insufferable westerner tendency to look at everything through a funhouse mirror and assume they are endowed with omniscience.
>But it seems like the central government has lost control.
It has the same amount of control it has had for as long as the country has existed. Half the country attempted to secede in the 19th century. (With clandestine aid from U.S citizens most of the time, mind you, sometimes those same citizens just came in attempting to invade).
>How did that happen?
Geography sucks. It always has.
>Why dont they attempt to fix it?
Implies no attempt is being made. This is one of the more succesful ones.
>Is mexico a failed state?
No. The government still works, it's not Sudan were nomads are actiively sacking provincial capitals.
> How and when is america going to get involved?
1) That godforsaken hellhole has been involved since before Mexico was independent.
2) Hopefully never, and hopefully they get even less involved.
All the U.S would do is bumble about, seethe uncontrollably when they get hitback because they haven't had to suffer an actual war since the 1860s, and achieve nothing while spending trillions of dollars on retarded shit in a country don't understand.
>>16554663
Thank you headline-brained foreigner, very insightful.
>>16554667
>U.S
>Bad geography
It has some of the most fertile farming soils in the world, the world's largest navigable river system, two seas and many islands in them, a shitton of natural resources and only two neighbors, one of which is completely exposed to attack and the other one which is a mountainous shithole constantly trying to split apart.
>>16554845
As is well known, trade relationships start when a guy creates a product where there is no demand for it and the demand magically generates itself.
>>16554566
I just have to remind you that everything in this thead relayed to you by Mexicans will be biased and everything Americans tell you will be tainted by their incontinent border policy.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.