[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What was the most kino Persian dynasty. Now obviously everything after the Islamic conquest is gay and cringe, but everything before that was pretty kino. I personally will nominate the Achaemenid Empire for obvious reasons
>>
>>16595350
Sassanids. I wish they conquered everything the Muslims conquered, they'd be the cooler rivals for westerners.
>>
>>16595350
Sassanids. The Achaemenid were kino but they largely adapted Mesopotamian culture and spoke Aramaic. The Sassanids promoted Persian culture by writing down a lot of Zoroastrian religion and speaking Persian in the royal courts. They also had very urban cities like ctesiphon and gor while the Achaemenid were actually more nomadic.
>>
>>16595362
>largely adapted Mesopotamian culture
Mesopotamian culture is kino though...
>>
>>16595350
Safavids
>>
>>16595807
not persian
>>
>>16595350
Achaemenids. Every subsequent Persian empire consisted of larping as the Achaemenids. In a way the Achaemenids were themselves larping as Medes but they btfo'd the latter to such a degree as to reduce them to a historical footnote.
>>
>>16595807
The Parthians and The Safavids are the only correct answers. They rebuild the iranian empire from scratch and the institutions they developed would remain in use by successor regime(s). The Achaemenids led to the collapse of iranian regimes and hundreds of years of greek rule and the Sassanids also led to the collapse of iranian regimes and hundreds of years of arab/turkic rule. The only reason for anyone to put the achaemenids forward is because they're in the public consciousness. As for the Sassanids they're held up by diaspora like OP although the Achaemenids also benefit from that.
>Now obviously everything after the Islamic conquest is gay and cringe
The Parthians meanwhile were not ethnic persians so their historical reputation suffers as a result.
>>
>>16596391
North western iranian language speakers rebuild Iran while south western iranian speakers (e.g. persians) collapse the country. What modern NW iranian groups are likely to rebuild it?
>>
>>16596325
"Persia" is a greek name retard. they are iranians or eranshahr
>>
>>16595807
Only based answer in the thread
>>
>>16595362
>300th sacking of Ctesiphon
>>
>>16596640
>What modern NW iranian groups are likely to rebuild it?
it hasn't collapsed yet
>>
Afsharid. It's post conquest but camel-mounted artillery and mad man Nadir has to qualify as kino
>>
Qajars or Zand which were the bigger cvcks?
>>
>>16596640
The Kurds (Medes/Parthians)
>>
>>16597263
WE
>>
>>16595350
Persia reached the peak of its cultural influence under Islam.
>>
I liked the part in the Shahnameh where the king, Kay Cavus or something, figures out how to make his bed fly by chaining eagles to the feet and putting meat on the canopy, so they take off and he crash lands in India and all his knights have to go get him and on the way home they take turns composing poems about how dumb he is
>>
>>16597263
true
>>16596667
It's ruled by semitic god worshipping magis
>>
>>16596651
yes tha's why I said that, it's OPs and the wests fault for still using persian for everything Eran. Safavid = Eranian but nor persian. Neither the founder nor the most first Shah were of persian ancestry
>>
>>16595350
Nader Shah was kino, even if he was a Muslim
>>
I don't like the recent rise of interest in Iranian/Persian culture. Iranians are not your allies/friends with or without Islam. Iran's future is with China, not the decadent and hypocritical West.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.