[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1653944071982.png (113 KB, 498x110)
113 KB
113 KB PNG
Economics is the biggest pseudoscience in academia. It is basically a religion at this point.
>>
>>16597392
They are either delusional Marxist ideologues or Keynesian state jesters
>>
>>16597392
Agreed. When I took economics in college I realized how full of shit it was and while the models made sense in themselves, they were often too simple to account for the entire economy. It seems good enough though for running a country or a business.
>>
>>16597392
OP here. Sorry I mistyped, I meant to say anthropology.
>>
>>16597418
>expecting undergrad economics to actually describe reality
lmfao bro Micro 101 is meant to keep you from making completely retarded Marxoidian tier nonsense decisions with your money, it's not supposed to be quantitatively accurate. If you want to see how shit actually works you have to get into econometrics.
>>
>>16597431
Even that is still pretty wonky in general.
>>
>>16597431
>Econometrics fixes all the problems bro
No it don't
>>
>>16597431
>lmfao bro Micro 101 is meant to keep you from making completely retarded Marxoidian tier nonsense decisions with your money
It actually doesn't. It actually makes you do much worse ones because the textbook material and media in those classes are hilariously distorted and biased
>>
>>16597437
>t. had to take remedial algebra in his junior year
lmfao

>>16597442
No, it does just fine, you just took a low level course and are upset that it didn't unravel the mysteries of the universe for you and instead only gave you easy answers to stop you from doing dumb shit. If you got what you wanted and they just dumbed complex statistical models on you then you'd be complaining about how it's too complicated.
>>
>>16597431
>just draw supply and demand curve to help you make your decision bro..
>>
>>16597447
>If you got what you wanted and they just dumbed complex statistical models on you then you'd be complaining about how it's too complicated.
Then how else are you supposed to get normies to understand stuff?
>>
>>16597450
You don't, you get someone who knows what they're talking about to inform the people who matter and the normies fall in line and do what they're told.
>>
>>16597459
Seethe chud
>>
>>16597392
It is the only science that really works in the real world. Modern economics can keep the economy going with stimulus well past the points that would make nations collapse 50 years ago
>>
>>16597400
This
>>16597392
Watching economists throw a thousand predictions a year and them ass patting themselves because one was right is never not funny. I pity the retarded zoomer that gets a finance degree
>>
>>16597482
Maybe we should just let it die if we have to keep injecting stimulus
>>
>>16597392
Cool, let's give everyone a billion dollars and we'll all be rich, then. Since economics is a pseudoscience there's no way to prove this would have any negative consequences!
>>
>>16597392
*western economics
Chinese universities still engage in an actual honest study of political economy
>>
File: brainlet-crew-colorful.jpg (232 KB, 733x597)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
>demand and supply is a religion
>>
>>16597482
>It is the only science that really works in the real world.
The fact that people try to push it as hard science will never cease to amaze me.
>>
>>16597447
>they just dumbed complex statistical models
Their stat models are garbage as fuck. the issue with econ is that the entire education has been formed to cater to dude bros
>>
>>16597753
and economics is really tied to history and a bunch of other disciplines yet most grads and a chunk of post grades know jack shit about them
>>
>>16597712
No one is arguing for that retarded lolbert, everyone is just poking fun at how the modern economic system has to artificially block new unions of peoples from mass buying stocks to raise its price because only a selected class is allowed to do that for free money.
>>
>>16597758
Economics without politics is pure junk yet most modern econbros are the type to act like politics is just weighing down the magical science of economics that would be perfect and unfettered if set free.
>>
>>16597793
>a bad government regulation disproves all of economics
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>16597811
It's not bad, nor did I say it was. Without a government limiting "economics", it would implode from the people seeking personal fortune and without the government routinely bailing out the select class of people allowed to play in that system, they would implode aswell.
>>
>>16597431
>If you want to see how shit actually works you have to get into econometrics.
Allowing economists to add their 101 understanding of linear algebra and bayesian probability to their nonsense was a mistake, now they even think "the math" backs it up and are cockier than ever.
>>
ITT retards unable to differentiate descriptive and normative economics

Nothing new under the sun
>>
>>16597482
it doesn't though
couldn't explain 2008, couldn't even adapt to 2008 in retrospect, it's a joke "science" that always recommends handing over public money to the same richfags that fund economics departments
>>
>>16597813
>Without a government limiting "economics"
What the fuck are you on about, retard? You don't even know what economics is.
>>
>>16597830
Just look at the modern crypto scene, 99% of it is rug pulls with no regulation, that would be our modern free system without any government interference and bailouts
>>
>>16597831
"Economics" is the study of the economy. The government doesn't "limit economics" any more than issuing hunting licences "limits biology".
>>
>>16597840
>ESL thinks economics is akin to biology
Economics is not what you call the study of economics lmaoo, that's macroeconomics brainlet
>>
>>16597867
Macroeconomics is the study of the economy AS A WHOLE. Microeconomics is the study of individuals in the economy. Holy shit you are stupid.
>>
>>16597874
still doesnt change that economics is just economics and not the study of itself lmao which as a definition actually falls into macroeconomics
>>
>>16597878
What the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>16597912
Reread it a few more times, I know English is hard for you anon

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.