[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: hq720.jpg (40 KB, 686x386)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
Just found this website https://pixune.com/blog/concept-art-price/
Can veteran Anons working in the industry confirm these prices are correct?
>>
File: 1711288283068780.jpg (44 KB, 736x553)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
*confirm or deboonk
>>
>>7132428
you don't get any health insurance/employee benefits etc if you are freelance, and there is not always a steady stream of jobs, so you charge more to make up for that.
detailed environments take the longest, 20-30 hours, even at min wage that is into the hundreds, and your skill as a pro is worth much more than min wage.
>>
File: 1711624222628696.jpg (105 KB, 590x1024)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>7132437
yeah. I dont want to doompost but I feel like this guy is right about the current state of art industry https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuzfU5J9W3o
>>
>>7132442
easy to call him a failed artist but havent seen anyone show a grounded reality for the concept art industry as much as him
>>
>>7132442
he's right about the trend, but the jobs are still out there, and if you're not worried about AAA jobs, then there is plenty of sustainable work with indies. But look through his artstation, his work is very well detailed and polished and rendered, but artistically it's so insipid, there's nothing to it, of course he's getting rejected for other, younger dudes who put in a meme or two or do some fanart for something they love. think up "generic broody mountain scene" or "man on horse looks at village in the distance", his work is that. couldn't finish the video after seeing his work, yes of course the industry as a whole is taking a hit, of course he's going to be overplaying it and pulling at heartstrings with his "brutally honest" opinions for the views, but this dude was never an artist to begin with, just a good "renderer" who got into it for the money, though that really good technical skill would make up for tasteless and boring art, and is now mad he's back living with his mum. souless, in other words.
>>
>>7132826
>there is plenty of sustainable work with indies
any suggestions on where to find people whose hiring artists? is there any job forum on Pixiv?
>>
>>7133940
>pixiv
retard
>>
File: 1950s.jpg (54 KB, 730x927)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>7133941
this is an anonymous forum, it is not necessary to sign under each of your posts
>>
>>7133943
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
>>
>>7132826
>artistically it's so insipid, there's nothing to it
> though that really good technical skill would make up for tasteless and boring art
Lol, this is why you should never seek serious advice from this board. I get what you're saying but you're downplaying him too much
>>7132442
Just so you know concept artists who frequently lurk this board are hardly pro level, they don't have the skills to validate their spit, although I admit they talk quite good. Listen to the guy in the video, he knows his shit.
>>
>>7133954
what about prices in the OP link? seems too high and unrealistic to pay over 1000 dollars for a single piece of concept art
>>
>>7133955
depends what you mean by single piece.
designing a single vehicle inside and out could involve an incredible amount of work.
>>
>>7132442
you know the industry is cooked when artists are talking about becoming a social media brand
>>
>>7134036
You could say the same thing about music or writing.
>>
>>7134405
exactly most people practice music or writing as a hobby because being paid to any livable standard is impossible for 99.9% of those doing it. the whole learn drawing skill -> get job is dying.

the video's creator speaks for itself though, he's a pro concept artist with > 700 followers on twitter and job burnout. He's cooked, he knows it.
>>
>>7134931
>twitter
is it true you need to post on twitter at least 2x a day for a year to gain the first 1000 followers?
whats the beast way to get followers asap in the current year?
>>
Bump
>>
>$200 for a sketch
Na, this guys are bonkers
Renown comic book artists charge from free to whatever price on conventions, but on average on the $50-$100 mark for a pencil sketch
This is an industry professional doing it on the spot
>>
>>7138133
>This is an industry professional doing it on the spot
They are not signing over the rights to use that sketch for anything. You can't go up to Joe Mad at a convention and say "design me a character for my game, here are the specifications..." and pay $50 for the sketch.
>>
AI eyes
>>
>>7133943
lol
>>
>>7135127
>whats the beast way to get followers asap in the current year?
bots
>>
>>7138139
Yeah, and that evens out by them being a professional and doing it ON THE SPOT, like, right there
If you ask one of THOSE pros for a sketch design with a reasonable deadline, I can see them ranging on the 200-400 bucks for a sketch, sure
Now, do you really think an industry professional needs to go to randomsites/blog/how-much-do-I-charge to find out how much to charge? Or is the OP site talking to random niggers like you
Maybe you are deluded with grandiose napoleonic fever, I don't know
>>
>>7138158
You have to be 18+ to post here.
>>
>>7138161
>Op asks about veteran's opinion on those prices
>you get info on said veterans and how much they charge
>get personal
If you need validation to continue with your life, sure, here:
Yes anon, those prices are correct!
>>
>>7138164
>you get info on said veterans and how much they charge
No, OP asked about concept art.
>get personal
like... calling me a random nigger maybe deluded with grandiose napoleonic fever?
>>
>>7138166
Of course I called you a nigger, you jumped topics
This is the timeline
>OP asks about CONCEPT ART, and if the prices are correct
>I said "This people is bonkers, for example, their SKETCH PRICES are shit, and this is why"
>You said "bububu you can't pay $50 bucks for sketch and make them design blabla and the copyright"
>I was adressing OP's question
>I was heavily implying not to trust any prices based on my example on SKETCH PRICES, indirectly adressing the question
>You were nitpicking a laser focus argument on if they are sketches or what about character design and the extent of those sketches and the use of those sketches and whatabout if you make them do this or that or whatever
>get mad I call you a nigger
>>
>autistic screeching
right, I'm the mad one lol
>>
>>7138207
I didn't say you were mad, I said you were a nigger
By not disputing the simple timeline I provided and why I called you a nigger, I accept your concession that you are one.
Have a nice day
Nigger
>>
>I didn't say you were mad
>one post ago "get mad I call you a nigger"

200 for a concept sketch is reasonable if it's a complex job and you are very in demand. You don't just draw up the concept from thin air, it's a process that arrives at that sketch, that takes time, so the price is higher than sketching spiderman for a kid.
>>
>>7138158
doing it on the spot in 5 minutes makes it cheaper, not more expensive, retard
>>
>>7139463
Established artists arent making pesos with sketches idiot
>>
>>7139477
learn english

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.