[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1670845044479200.png (5 KB, 189x94)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
For stupid questions and questions that don't deserve their own thread.
Post here if you don't expect your thread to reach 100+ replies.
>>
Will I ever be a woman?
>>
>>7134240
No, join the 41% asap
>>
When do brushes in digital drawing start to matter?
>>
>>7134347
Only when you’re post pro. Otherwise hard round is all you need.
>>
File: GLOfU8ubkAAPerC.jpg (2.26 MB, 1522x2376)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB JPG
How people are adding this 'paper-texture' thing to their drawings?
Is it brush? Some filter?
>>
>>7134385
it's a noise overlay
>>
File: None.png (278 KB, 680x431)
278 KB
278 KB PNG
>>7134221
How to grow from zero followers? I have less than 10 and they're all bots so basically zero.
>>
File: Bocchi100424.jpg (447 KB, 2437x1726)
447 KB
447 KB JPG
>>7134221
First of all I'm ESL so I'm sorry for grammar mistakes

My question is
>Why can't draw the same level when I try to do anime?

I tried to do the same approach (draw a sphere, put some landmark,etc) and fail, the hair look soo flat and eyes for some reason look wrong
>>
File: 20240317_113300.jpg (2.21 MB, 3734x2693)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB JPG
>>7134859
Here some regular drawing to compare
>>
File: 20240311_214807.jpg (1.41 MB, 3166x2268)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB JPG
>>7134862
>>7134859
>>
>>7134859
You are not seeing what is important. You must train your eyes. How can you do that? Drawing. What can you draw? Anatomy. Where do you start? Through the head then torso, pelvis, arms and legs.
It won't take weeks to improve, it can be months or years if you are not dedicated.
>>
>>7134865
>>7134862
>>7134859
Anime is symbol drawing more than it's realism so you end up with really good manga artists that can't draw realism.
Hiro Mashima is a perfect example of this, if you look at his attempt at realistic art you'll laugh and call him a high beg.
>>
My sweaty hands are ruining the paper, would gloves help with that? Full glove for the hand holding the paper and one of those half-gloves tablet artists use for the hand holding the pencil.
>>
where do I find turnarounds like this to get good like Oridays
>>
File: Illustration.jpg (1.23 MB, 3508x2480)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
>>7134859
>ESL
Practica de 5min.
Veo que hablas español asi que ahi va mi consejo:
1-Aprende a utilizar metodos de construccion, hay muchos.
2.- La unica manera de aprender a calcular las proporciones y equilibrar una imagen es dibujando y fallando muchas veces.
>>
how long did it take anons to transition from paper to digital?
>>
Did the shorthand term ngmi originate here? I only noticed it recently after frequenting /ic/ the last few months but I've seen it crop up in other boards since then. Did it migrate to the other boards, or did it originate elsewhere and my retard brain never noticed it til now? I do think that only /ic/ posters use it coherently. On other boards it's just used to disparage a difference in preference.
>>
>>7135348
I think it was a /fit/ or /biz/ thing until it started to spread to other boards
>>
>>7135094
thousands of years
>>7135348
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ME7Aqs5-BXY
wagmi, brah
>>
>>7135035
Glycopyrrolate
>>
>>7134989
>>7134991
>You are not seeing what is important. You must train your eyes
Thanks anon you words hit me like a thunder, you right usually I don't give me too much time to observer so my eyes are lacking of level, I was so focus in others things that forget observation is one of primarily skill for artist
One again thank you anon! For spot the reason of my failed, knowing this get me clarity what I need to practice
>>7135093
Gracias por responder anon, buscaré información sobre lo que me dijiste pero enfocado en anime, ya que en si lo que se es de realismo así que sería mejor conocer otros métodos de construcción y tal como dices, continuaré practicando hasta mejorar!
>>
Ive been drawing 2 years traditionally but my art goes in the shitter when i try digital.
how the fuck do i train myself digitally???
>>
>>7135044
PLS RESPOND
>>
>>7135874
unironically, find the right brush for you

Or, if you're specifically using an ipad pro, the glass will take a long time to get used to. Cintiqs were not as hard for me as the ipad was
>>
I haven't had any experience with art. I want to start water colour paintings. Do I need to learn how to draw line art in order to do water painting? I want to do landscapes and full body portraits if that changes anything.
>>
i cant get to like my pendisplay is this normal?
>>
File: model.jpg (69 KB, 341x559)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>7135044
Sketchfab has lots of 3D models you can rotate to any angle you like. Here's a good one: https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/female-mannequin-for-artists-6a372c49bf654bb7a1393c53b0aafee6
>>
>try to draw a circle
>get the right hand position
>use shoulder
>try to keep hand off paper
>WOBBLY AS FUCK, panic attack wobbles
>use pinky finger as a stabilizer
>works okay, then it catches something and the circle goes off

How long until it stops wobbling like that?
>>
File: Trends.jpg (37 KB, 739x415)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>7134221
>How do I keep up with art trends?
I mean stuff like flavor of the day anime, cartoon, game, etc and art memes.
Usually when I find out about an art trend that I could join, it's a dead meme...
>>
File: download (20).jpg (11 KB, 440x290)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
Is there any rules I should follow when making an OC?
>>7134832
post your xwitter account, I'll be your first follower (as long as it's not fetish art)
>>
Dunno where else to ask:
Are wet palettes useful in traditional painting? I want to gift one for a friend as a birthday present, but all I find online are marketed towards miniature painters so I'm not sure if those things are even used by traditional painters
>>
>>7137253
https://youtu.be/bS8t-D1QsMM?t=46
>>
File: Doodles #2.jpg (110 KB, 742x981)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
I'm having a hard time filling my drawings after outlining. These spaces I marked seem lacking, but I dunno how I should detail them without overdoing it
>>
How can you tell if you’ve drawn something?
>>
>>7137441
usually I rub the paper hard, then lick my finger, if I taste graphite, I probably drew something.
>>
>>7137474
Would that also work if you’re drawing digital?
>>
>>7137487
You have to practice licking the screen a lot before you can detect the pixel flavors.
>>
>>7136208
Start with oil paintings instead. Water color is actually harder to git gut imo
>>
>>7134221
How do you drown out the feeling of futility when trying to draw?
Every time I try to use my sketchbook all I can think about is the fact that It will take at least a decade before I can draw something that won't make me vomit and I just can't bring myself to draw more than a couple of sketches. It honestly feels like a lost cause.
Especially since I don't believe we have a decade left on this planet.
>>
>>7136208
No, you don't have to. Some artists lay down a fair amount of pencil before paint, and some don't. The basic principles are the same; shape, proportion, all that, but you can rely entirely on flicks of the brush as opposed to strokes of the pencil. It's really up to you, how you visualize.
>>
>>7137542
>Especially since I don't believe we have a decade left on this planet.
You have a limited time on this planet regardless. If the futility of mortality is a roadblock you were never going to try anyway.
>>
>>7137542
What else you got going on?

The biggest regret in my life was giving up my drawing habit. I drew out of compulsion like most kids from the time I was a toddler; drawing, coloring, painting, scribbling, on anything around, with whatever media at hand, markers and crayons and construction paper and whatever, and over time I was actually getting not too bad, to the degree where adults started suggesting maybe I could get really good at it and go to art school.

I reached a level where I started copying, what I now know to be called master studies, a normal part of an artist's development. My mom's boyfriend berated me so hard about that, "fucking copying shit and thinking he's fucking talented", I gave it up. I just stopped and when I finally recovered the courage to try again, at almost 50 years old, I feel like it's too late for me; my faculties will start failing before I produce anything decent.

So if you're no older than 30, 35, you really don't have anything to lose. You'll get decent with enough time left for it to matter.
>>
File: Marilyn Monroe Collage.jpg (110 KB, 770x858)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
I want to do a comic book made of collages and maybe a stop-motion cartoon as well, but I want to use a computer so I don't have to fucking fill my house with tons of magazines and crafting shit. What are the best programs? Photoshop? Illustrator? I'm happy to pay for the program, not trying to find pirated software or anything. I just don't want to buy something only to find out that it won't do the shit I want.
>>
>>7137571
I've seen neat paper stop motion like animations done with after effects and Adobe animate
Blues clues and little bill were made with after effects
South Park uses Maya but the look can also be done in flash/animate (the cutscenes for stick of truth were done in flash)
>>
>>7137589
Thanks much!
>>
>>7136549
whatever it takes, is a muscle excercise so yeah.

>>7137214
not really, just dont let out your autism too much, you should cover that with layers of technique and design work, other way will look like those autistic oc that are just weird.
Also... more drawings and less text, an oc that is just text explaining shit is just that, text, the images speak for themselves.

>>7137253
yes they are, but, in my experience they are more for small works and practices, so yes if the person is actively painting should use it at some point.
>>
I'm so out of the normal person loop that I can't remember what I like
How the fuck I go back?
Sorry for eventual typos but I'm almost blind from one eye and the good one got an infection
>>
Would someone please redline this?
>>
>>7137667
Here you go
>>
>>7134221
My hands sweat too much when i draw, should i get a surgery to extract my sweat glands?
>>
>>7137826
use a glove, yes, the ones that people use for tablets and related screens devices, cheap and generally easy to find online in most countries
>>
>>7134221
Do matte screen protectors like the bellemond Kent, really help with drawing on an iPad? I feel I could get used to the glass surface, but I do find myself deliberately having to wrest control of the pencil
>>
Is it okay to do one study over the course of several days? I want to try to draw faces from different angles but all of my past attempts always end in me doing one single angle for over an hour straight before getting incredibly pissed and scrapping the entire thing.
>>
That is a good style to try to emulate that is more simplistic? I'm thinking of something older, mainly since I like how it looks a little and I need to figure out more of a structure to learn. I keep trying to draw randomly even while reading books.

I need something to get me to draw humans more instead of other stuff for practice.
>>
>>7138090
>Is it okay to do one study over the course of several days?
yes, it's fine

>>7138145
it's a mistake to ask people what style you draw in. That's like asking someone to tell you what your favorite movie should be.

That said, draw in the Rick and Morty / Steve Universe Calarts style, because you can easily get into the animation industry and make money
>>
well i saw the title so...
i saw a color palette file for procreate (don't have the app) and it's a json file. i wanna know if there's a way to see the hex code in it. sorry if it's a dumb question, couldn't find anything about it
>>
>>7137833
>glove makes hand hotter
>sweat even more
>sweat soaks through glove in 30 seconds
>>
>>7138190
>glove makes hand hotter
not really
>>
how do i know if i'm ngmi?
>>
>>7138383
Creating your own 'style' when you haven't even grasp the basics
>>
Why I can come up with some decent idea just randomly doodling on paper, but I can't sketch for shit on digital?
Is it some kind of mental block? Is it because drawing on a tablet always feel kind of "off" for some reason? How do I get rid of it?
>>
File: EVpGYIGUEAExk_0.jpg (205 KB, 1448x2048)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
Does anyone recognize the artist? It's still up on twitter https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EVpGYIGUEAExk_0.jpg but I tried all reverse search engines and they find nothing :(
>>
This is probably a really stupid question, but I guess that's what this thread is for. When you're drawing from imagination, are you thinking while you're in the act of drawing? Or is it just kind of coming out of you?
>>
>>7138185
If you know how to run command line programs, I found this: https://github.com/joanroig/swatches-to-ase

If not, open the .JSON file in notepad. If it comes out as garbled characters, first extract the file like you would a .ZIP file. Look for something like "hue" : 0.1234567890, "saturation" : 0.1234567890, "brightness" : 0.1234567890. This is a color in the HSB model. But it is non-standard for the values to be decimals between 0 and 1. So you may need to do some math first so your program will accept them. Multiply "hue" by 360, "saturation" by 100, and "brightness" by 100. Then you can input them into your program's color selector.
>>
I've got into drawing a week ago, having tons of fun, but there's an issue of approach I'm wondering about
>i often start drawing with no clear idea in my head
>if i have an idea, i often modify it as I go, kind of "hey this is not what i wanted at all but it looks cool so let's go with that"
>tried drawing various characters based on other art, sometimes i just end up with a completely different character because i give up on trying to accurately capture original character's feel whenever I see something nice popping up under my hand

Do you guys think this is a mortal sin and I should abandon it immediately in favor of fighting hard to get idea down as accurately as I can, or is there a value in aimless doodling and basically RNGing a somewhat visually appealing result?
>>
File: 1595194394338.png (228 KB, 500x391)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
I'm a clean man now and I'm going to start posting Sfw art and animations to try to get freelance jobs and maybe some commissions.
What are the better social media pages to use?
I only have an instagram is twitter still good what about tumblr?
>>
>>7138703
drawing from imagination is the same as drawing from reference, except the image is in your head instead of anywhere external

you need strong visualization skills. Its usually better to spend a while building the mental image before starting. Thumbnailing is particularly useful when trying to create a composition

you can also just throw ideas at the canvas and see what sticks, but that's more of a chaotic, improvisational approach
>>
>>7138930
Just post wherever, it's all gone to shit apart pixiv
>>
>>7138805
oh wow, thank you anon! im gonna try it
>>
>>7137214
Follow your heart annon, thats all you need
>>
>>7138566
not LeeBack?
>>
>>7139686
Could only find this artist with that name artstation.com/edooit, but there's just a couple of very old drawings in a different style (the image I posted is from around 2020 I think).
I'm not even sure it's k at the end, looks weird.
>>
>>7137908
only way to know is try yourself, i dont particulary like textured protectors, and the standard ones feels also like plastic so is no much difference, also textured films make noise, for some reason people seems to like that.

>>7138145
cartoons, not calarts or modern "skeleton animation" cartoons like the other anon said because those have less movement and range of action so will restrain your posibilities.
traditional cartoons have more sense of flow and gesture so you can easily switch from figure design to realism keeping the worklfow.
>>
>>7138531
change brushes to emulate more the ones that you use on traditional, or add things like paper textures on the canvas, etc. The idea is to get on digital the closest experience to your traditional worklfow.

>>7138926
is ok, some drawfags tend to do several sketches before chose one thing and proceed with that one, others just vaguely draw a ton of shit until they get something, and save all those tries for later if they come with some idea to use them. Is an ok and valid way to work.
>>
How are you supposed to store your nib holders and drawing nibs?
>>
>>7139824
Good idea, thanks
I'll also probably should restraint myself from zooming in/out constantly, it's something that ticks me off but I need to do because the pen stroke isn't 100% accurate to the pen position
>>
>>7139948
I keep mine in the box of the tablet pen, wrapped in one of those small plastic bags
Just put them in a place you're sure you're gonna check when you need them and you don't remember where you put them
>>
is it possible to add color sets on quick access? (csp)
>>
File: 20240418_200526.jpg (1.18 MB, 2296x2789)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB JPG
>>7137641
Thanks for the advice, I always liked simple designs and was planning to make my character(s) simple, learned that from my friend who's OC is just a white dog lol
>>7139684
I was planning to make a female skull dog OC like scp1471 and wendigos but I can't think of a way to make her unique and different, I was thinking of giving her some jewelry and Arabic clothes (because I'm Arab lol) and make her fur white or something.

Here's a doodle I did, I'm still a beginner
>>
Have any of you guys managed to learn art or get an art job while having a ful time corporate job? I am just so exhausted afterwords and struggle to leave behind things that happened at work wich ruins my concentration to draw.
>>
Does anyone have vids of artists doing sketches/lineart in trad and then scanning it to digital for coloring? I saw video like that once.
Also, a guide to do the same would be nice.
>>
I don't normally use my Twitter to share manga pages, but if I do, I would do it like this right?
>20 page total
>put 5 images per tweet, make 4 tweets total that reply to each other, mark it as 1/4 to 4/4
>>
Will a 3 day long train ride improve my art skills?
>>
Is it possible to spend years becoming technically good at art only to develop a style that is utterly repulsive to both yourself and everyone else when you try to draw anything stylized?
>>
How are you supposed to store dip pen nibs and nib holders you use for inking?
>>
>>7141608
You can only put 4 images per tweet. But yeah, make a thread. You can create all tweets right away btw, just press the plus button on the lower right.
>>
>>7141744
Thanks!!
>>
>>7141737
pyw
>>
File: file.png (3.98 MB, 1622x879)
3.98 MB
3.98 MB PNG
How do you get this texture on digital? I tried a few and they don't convince me, so once I gave up I decided to ask here
>>
>>7141839
1. Noise filter, in photoshop fiddle arounf on layer styles and you'll find it
2. Overlayed paper texture scan. No idea where you can find this in high enough quality online
In both cases, use CYMK and add a low saturation, very light yellow over everything to imitate the paper color
Jesus christ I want to have sex with Kinu Nishimura
>>
Is observation really important?
>>
Should I be deleting my porn bot followers?
>>
I want to buy some prints of artworks but I don't know where to buy them from
Any suggestions?
>>
>>7138191
Yes really, but in a different sense though...
>>
File: Kingdom_v36_c390_134.png (1.51 MB, 1758x1200)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB PNG
For an action manga where flow between the pages is important, where should you host it?? Medibang? Webtoon seems a bit slow for this. Also is it generally okay to post fanart manga there? Like for a game or something
>>
>>7142061
I keep them to inflate my ego (i have 405 followers)
>>
>>7142091
Same. I have 60 followers on Twitter, but really, it's only 5 real people. I can name them off the top of my head, because they're the only ones with real usernames, and they all like my posts consistently

dunno if that's a good or bad thing, for the algorithm. I think engagement is important, probably
>>
>>7142151
I'm not sure about this but I think it gives more views and helps you a little bit getting popular
>>
I know there’s poltards on this bard so I’ll just ask here. Is it true if I draw fat women or vaguely androgynous women, people will think I’m some SJW pushing an agenda? I swear I’m not woke, I legitimately just find vaguely masculine looking women attractive. If I draw this stuff, I won’t attract the wrong kind of attention right? It just bothers me thinking people might think I must be some DEI loving blue hair when really I am a regular man with no pronouns in bio who just wants to draw.
>>
File: 1656036106370.jpg (133 KB, 892x671)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>7142308
just don't add rainbows and ur gud
>>
File: 1486485158754.png (72 KB, 308x382)
72 KB
72 KB PNG
>>7142308
yes.
But, the actual answer that you want is: the attention comes not from the images alone but for the comments and content they express.
Most of drawfags that have problems with those shits are faggots that always are talking and shitting policital comments, can't just be a normal artist posting their work a nothing more, they also put context in the images to enforce the agenda. So of course they get the stigma.

If you only upload your drawings, zero bullshit description in your bio, only interact in the topic of your drawings and related, no opinions about agenda or whatever, yes, you will be perfectly ok as all of the other artists that do the same and post chubby fat thick fetishes, no one cares until you start caring.
>>
File: 20240422_005102.jpg (56 KB, 612x612)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
Probably the stupidest question, is the "break the pencil" thingy genuine or just a troll? It's hard to tell sometimes because AI bros are so fucking retarded
>>
>>7142463
It's 100% bait
>>
Are those "draw lines" exercises real or just a meme? The ones that are like, "draw a dot on this side of the page, then another dot, then connect the two, then trace that line several times as closely as you can" type exercises.
I never know if it actually helps or if its just something teachers shill to pad their monetized lessons.
>>
>>7142593
Honestly you're better off just drawing regularly and letting line control develop that way
>>
>>7142593
Bumping this. I wonder if no one has developed a game where the purposes is to practice drawing straight lines with a drawing pad? Would be a great excercise.
>>
>>7142463
>is this thing that's specifically designed to trigger the fuck out of one of the most sensitive groups of people on the planet bait
>>
>>7142308
I draw fat bitches all the time, but I don't post often (to this board). Don't be a political sperg and learn to ignore crabs/trolls, and you'll be fine.
>>
File: PAPE4 copy.png (3.65 MB, 3840x2160)
3.65 MB
3.65 MB PNG
HOW DO I GET CRISP WEBMS WITHOUT USING CLOUD CONVERT GIF TO WEBM
THEY ALL COME OUT CRUSTY AAAAAAAああああああ!!!
ALL the online services suck.

IDK i fuck with the lofi look a little too had but i can never get that lo fi pixel art look . i just want crisp, like 256 colors ideally to 16 colors ideally. how do i do this on a 2015 mac with wine + CSP ?

unrelated but it s my jam atm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCqfhlFoDLY
>>
>>7142308
Asking questions about what is and isn't acceptable to draw.
Weak pathetic subhuman. You have been domesticated and over (((socialized.))) You will never thrive.
>>
>>7143122
This
>>
How do I take high quality photos of my art? I want to work on bigger paper than reasonably priced scanners support.
>>
>>7143079
https://handbrake.fr/
https://github.com/argorar/WebMConverter
>>
>>7142593
It is to train your hand to be more steady, develop the muscle memory to do straight lines without thinking too hard about it. My IRL art teacher had me do this. You don't have to drill them for hours, just a few minutes as a warmup each time before starting a drawing session is fine.
>>
File: i live hunbly.jpg (22 KB, 680x636)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
Is it just useless to try and improve my linework with a screenless tablet? I can't see any way that it could be as good/efficient as traditionally or with a screen tablet/ipad. Like it takes so much longer for me to clean up my lines than any other part of the drawing process that the screenless tablet might genuinely just be a hindrance. It's so hard compared to trad when making large sweeping lines that both have a gradual line weight and end up connecting to the other lines on the page.
>>
>>7143178
This video is really thorough.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk4tO7wd-tA
>>
My sole interest in learning to draw is based around porn. Not hentai but generic western cartoon slop and porn you'd see in comics
Which means I'd draw on a ipad since I'd rather not have to have 5000 pages of porn hanging around my desk at work
Good or bad idea to just straight into digital (assuming I'm not tech retarded)
>>
Is there a way to digitally replicate the "texture" that a lot of kaneko's artworks have? IIRC they're just artifacts from using old/cheap scanners?
>>
>>7143842
Easy way:
Photoshop > color half tone filter
Add paper texture with multiply or overlay, adjust opacity.
Add lighten or darken layer + gradient map
Adjust contrast

Hardway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2mS2mcrmp0
>>
>>7142090
bump
>>
>>7142090
>>7144356
Ask in the manga making thread and in the webcomic thread and the webtoon thread, there's a plethora of generals with a shitload of links for this stuff
>>
File: 1682785515516051.jpg (29 KB, 512x512)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
I know it's way too early to start thinking about commissions as a /beg/, but should I try to appeal to furries if I ever wanted to make some money from drawing? I don't mind drawing furry stuff and I have some furry artist friends that will help to get my foot in the door.
furry commissioners seems to be more generous than others and they go easy on artist and let them take their time
>>
>>7144380
That's a no brainer; yes
>>
how do you set up a pixiv.me page that redirects to your profile with username instead of account number? pixiv doesn't make it clear how to do this.
>>
I'm about to give up on going pro, should I delete my socials? I just have a handful of hundreds followers and stuff, and every time I open them I just get depressed
>>
>>7142308
Just be FUCKING AWESOME and draw Fat Bitches along with like Loli, then draw Fat Loli just to assert your utter dominance HAHAHA!!!
... Nah, should be fine.
I like a lot of art like that, and some of the artists are retards, but I care about their art more, yeah?
And frankly, I drew some fat once, and then attracted the fetishist crowd, I mean I am a fetishist but like, only kinda. You have better worries.
>>
File: Screenshot_3.png (111 KB, 287x447)
111 KB
111 KB PNG
help me find this the artist for this tutorial pls
>>
You ever think what'd be like to observe your own artwork as someone else? People always seem to like my work I don't like, but ignore the ones I do like.
>>
>>7144691
I do it all the time, I even actually believe my brain is warped in some way that gives more attention and importance to things people don't give a fuck about and vice versa
>>
File: 1701421011363456.png (661 KB, 1093x1078)
661 KB
661 KB PNG
>>7144684
It's this guy: https://twitter.com/cyjalway/status/1741162272121315603

Does anyone know how to remove the censorship on twitter? I know it wasn't always like this.
>>
>>7134221
What's the fastest way to grow on social media?
>>
>>7145238
Take estrogen, follow trends and suck dicks
>>
Is there a resource anyone can recommend for drawing stylized insects?
>>
File: file.png (333 KB, 541x703)
333 KB
333 KB PNG
what muscle is this?
>>
>>7145522
latissimus dorsi
>>
>>7145532
thank you!
>>
>>7145522
Lateral Scrotum Dorsi
>>
I want to learn how to draw clothes and I got myself a bunch of pics of cool dresses with lots of shit (frills, ribbons etc). Is is worth to draw clothes separately from human bodies since I fucking suck at them?
>>
>>7145522
I can't see that shit properly but it's either
>Deltoid
>Infraspinatus
>Teres Major or Minor
I don't understand anime or anatomy.
>>
File: corner.jpg (21 KB, 768x768)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
how do you draw a box inside out? I have learned how to do pretty alright normal boxes, but only from the corners outside. Picrel
>>
>>7146716
I feel like I am going through a stroke imagining this
>>
So is there a physical difference or is it just a stylistic choice? I don't have breast
>>
Do any of you have any recommendations for a desk easel for screenless tablets? Specifically a 10 x 6?
>>
>>7146890
Yeah, there's a difference. Boobs aren't as unique as fingerprints, but there are still a hell of a lot of visual differences between them all. I'm not sure if I fully understand what you're asking, but I'll try to explain.
First pair: shows a set that is on the smaller side of the three, but more average if you're thinking about real life. They're ample, full, have a soft-firm appearance, don't have a lot of weight to them but would still likely need a bra for support.
Second pair: this set is larger than average, with the breast tissue being much more on the soft side. The fullness is distributed more throughout the middle to bottom of each breast than it is at the top.
Third pair: these lean more firm throughout with even fullness, more rounded in appearance. This can be established with a good push-up bra that helps to redistribute volume towards to top cleavage, with round breast implant shapes, and with natural boobs that have a higher tissue distribution at the top.
All of this is subject to changes in the cycle, the types of clothes someone is wearing, or artistic preferences.
>>
Anyone ever taking commissions on Vgen? How's your experience?
>>
>>7144674
Just leave it there as a dust collector. You'll never know if you might need it again years later
>>
>>7146716
Isn't a box inside out still a box?
>>
>>7147555
I'm not the person who asked but that was a pretty cool answer.
Is there a way to reliably learn those differences? I could draw breasts all day but without information it would be misguided and one of the cases where "just draw" doesn't work.
Are there some sources with references for types and some short description for each?(preferably with some mixed examples but I'll take anything)

Lets be real, I'm not going to have enough experience touching women breasts to learn all of that on my own. Most of the people usually stop at a few partners total too. I don't intend to have any partners though so that goes even weirder route.
>>
Is Pixiv really slow for anyone else?
>>
>>7147925
no
>>
>>7147876
yeah thats true, but my issue was at the time on how to make it from the known corners of an eye. I realized later it was kinda a retarded question lol
>>
>>7147890
Here is a gallery showing the variety in human breast shapes. Some are larger or smaller, spaced closer or smaller, pointed outwards or inwards, round or tubular, top-heavy or bottom-heavy. Observe what makes each picture different from the last and conceptualize it as a simplified 3D form. https://www.007b.com/breast_gallery.php
>>
>>7148290
I thought about sending something like this as a resource, but it felt a little disrespectful to use it as a learning tool since that's probably not what those women signed up for when sending in pictures.
>>7147890
The other anon sent you a link with a lot of different boob types, but among the issue that I described to them, there's also the fact that it's not really a good tool to see how those breasts lay in fabrics. I wanted to make you a little visual guide using lingerie models and some drawn out examples, but I think that I'm coming at this from an almost autistic angle of explanation. If that's something you would like me to do, I'll be happy to. If not, using lingerie or underwear websites would be a good reference. You would need to go through a few of them, but there should be enough of a variety that shows how different boob types will lay in a fabric, how they're accentuated, the way that those materials compress other body tissues that are near the breasts (around the torso and back, underarms), etc.. It would also help to show you fabric textures that you can experiment with drawing.
Something else to look at would be getting textile swatches of various fabrics. Yeah, it might be going a little overboard depending on where you want to focus your art, but I feel like touching fabrics and seeing them up close could be really helpful to adding different textures to your creativity bank.
>>
File: );.png (218 KB, 779x749)
218 KB
218 KB PNG
>>7143197
bump...
>>
Where can I find a CSP crack that won't fuck my computer
>>
>>7148372
That would be really cool if you did it, and I'm hoping you will, but don't feel like you need to if that's too much work/time/effort.
For now I'll happily learn from the content of that link given by that other anon.(which I'm also grateful for by the way)
>>
Does tracing actually help. And why or why not?
>>
Does anybody know the name of a painting that's a big landscape with a couple of naked women or kids in the foreground?
I think one girl is lying down and the other is standing above her.
Probably late 19th or early 20th and Brit or American painter.
But what I remember most about it is that the characters are weirdly coloured, like in gold or maybe like a photo negative.
>>
How do i find a method to do gesture drawing? I keep focusing to much on the silhouette and details, and i get lots of vague advice like "draw what you feel". Another issues is that my brain seems to be hardwired to see every bodypart as seperate not as one whole body.
>>
>>7150513
gesture drawing is a myth made up by Nicolaides. It has never existed in the previous 400 years of art history. It's sole purpose is to make begs schizoid and paranoid about art.

Just learn to depict form, proportion, perspective, anatomy, and you'll learn how to draw.
>>
>>7134221
Good resource for learning hatching?
>>
>>7150802
copy the masters, then apply the same patterns to your own art, or life drawing

there's no secret to hatching. It's just a huge amount of dexterity that you have to develop
>>
>>7150533
Will it teach me eventually how to quik sketch, with correct proportions? It seems like such a usefull thing to know.
>>
HOLY SHIT I AM SO BAD AT PERSPECTIVE MY MIND CAN'T GRASP IT I CAN'T IMAGINE THE FORM ROTATING IN MY HEAD AND GRIDS CONFUSE MY EYES
>>
File: pieinthesky.jpg (195 KB, 900x2100)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
Something deep inside me broke years ago, and I don't know how to fix it.
Where do I go from here?
>>
>>7151048
stop saying meaningless bullshit
>>
what kind of style/category/genre is fromsoft enemy design and dark grungy monster concept like art with skulls, but not the tattoo or biker goth aesthetic
>>
File: Capture2.png (40 KB, 471x367)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>>7134221
How do you deal with the pain around this mid back area?
>>
File: 20240430_142221.jpg (103 KB, 943x983)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
I simply don't know how to even study.
I try to use the reference but then it goes through my brain and comes out all fucked, some anon mentioned that to begin with, the perspective is wrong and the anatomy mushy, ultimately drawing what I remember about anatomy rather than the reference, and that in starting from little details to the general idea instead of backwards, which severely limits my drawing range since I'm trying to adapt my drawing style to what I want to draw instead of adapting what I want to draw to my style.
And this happens to references, books from masters, etc.
How to break this curse and actually correctly study what I learn and absorb it correctly?
>>
>>7151851
I don't claim to know the best way to study, but I've been using Cognitive Drawing by Jason Brubaker recently, and it's been a great help to me

https://youtu.be/s_NuJIJ6wGY
https://youtu.be/G8e2DcN5kAo
https://youtu.be/S9Cx4pIjSvA
https://youtu.be/gkbQnBi_JqU

I bought the books, but I think you're better off using the technique on stuff like Morpho, Bridgman, and your favorite artists. I'm currently trying to memorize the way Tsukasa Hojo draws his faces in City Hunter.

The point of drawing from memory is so that your studies actually transfer over to your imaginative work. You also don't won't know how much you learned until you test yourself from memory. Going back and forth between copies and memory drawings helps you see your weak points and gives you opportunities to correct your mistakes.

David Finch roadmap is also a great place to start. When I went through the roadmap, I just started at the beginning, to cover any missing spots I had.
>>
>>7151851
Probably my biggest problem is not just proportion sizes, but just even getting semi accurate sizes, for example, I start on a canvas with a determined size of course, then I wanna do a sketch coming from line of action, I draw from lines of action, I draw the first line and eventually I've realized that I've ran out of space because I didn't measure correctly how much space the main line should take.
If I measure it ends up taking all the energy and looking stiff, then I slip into doing it from memory body part by body part and shape by shape, instead of what I'm seeing,
>>
is it better to appeal to an english speaking audience or to a spanish one?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.