[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1709949576250280.png (1.34 MB, 1922x2207)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB PNG
My figures always look "off" in some way. It's like they aren't accurate to what the model looks like. Any tips on how to fix that aren't just "practice more"? I've been doing this for months and I'm still pretty shitty.
>>
>>7134895
do u draw from life
>>
File: 1713235236298293.png (367 KB, 1018x1003)
367 KB
367 KB PNG
>>7134895
slow down and pay (more) attention to the two-dimensional relationships between different parts of the figure. e.g., the vertical value of the top of the knee with the face, the vertical value of the bottom of the left hand with the left leg, the vertical value of the bottom of the right foot and the left arm, etc. pay attention to the vertical and horizontal, two-dimensional relationships and you will improve greatly. and the best thing is, it's quite an easy adjustment to make.
>>
why do begs start with digital lmao
>>
>>7134895
Use this trick

Try to draw a whole human body in 2 or 3 minutes, not details, just the main shape

I see that is good in anatomy, but lacks the life of the flow gesture

So doing it fast should help you
>>
File: Illustration3 (9).png (2.65 MB, 3000x4000)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB PNG
>>7134895
Draw simplified mannequin as a sketch. Learn how to turn a mannequin to an anatomically accurate figure, which isnt easy at all since theres a lot more anatomy you need to implement but at least with a mannequin its proportionally and spatially accurate
>>
>>7138564
>>7138213
>>7134915
Love it when /ic/ gives me good advice. Thanks.
>>
>>7138970
Most posters dont even post their work thats all they had to do to get a sincere critisim (and not be a permabeg schizo helps)

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.