[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1705852890301612.png (89 KB, 852x703)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
At what point should someone post their sketches or art shitposts on social media for the world to see?
pic related.
>>
>>7137378
whenever, it doesn't matter at the end of the day
>>
>>7137378
its not like anyone would see it
>>
>>7137379
>>7137381

It actually matters and people will see it Imagine sharing your ugly art on the internet, people will laugh at you and laugh how terrible it is. It will destroy your self esteem.
>>
>>7137382
100 years from now you wont exist and the people who saw it will be erased. Do you still care?
>>
>>7137382
Holy ego, Batman!
>>
>>7137382
It doesn't, they won't, and it won't. You're really vain. People OTI don't flame noobs for being noobs, since everyone has to start somewhere.
>>
>>7138142
this gave me the courage to pick up a crayon thanks anon
>>
File: chud.jpg (153 KB, 964x966)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
I've been posting my work since the day I bought a tablet and the worst thing to happen to me was finding out nobody gave a shit.
I got called out on my mediocre skill a couple times but it was part of a bigger list of grievances over percieved plagiarism or racist/homophobic shit I drew, nobody ever decided to just gangstalk me for six months just because I drew hands weird.
>>
>>7137378
Give yourself a year at least.
Posting your shit publicly as a beginner will do nothing but embarrass and demoralize you
>>
People just don't care overall. Some people might even like to see sketches and WIPs but no one is going to think any less of you if you post them.
>>
>>7137382
Do you know how incredibly self-absorbed you have to be to think anyone cares enough about you to do that to you right off the bat?
>>
>>7139308
Main Character Syndrome
>>
File: 1.webm (3.57 MB, 1920x1080)
3.57 MB
3.57 MB WEBM
>>7137378
I started posting art regularly last December. Vid related is what I posted yesterday.
>>
>>7139308
But you assholes here are very insulting. You’ve even told me I’m NGMI and YWNBAW.
>>
>>7141257
Why do you give value to what users of this site say?
>>
>>7141898

Some of the greatest artists of the modern generation have once posted on /ic/
>>
>>7141914
And what would you say is their percentage of the users and how many of them have said NGMI and YWNBAW with their artist personas?
>>
>>7141928
Do you have a point?
>>
>>7141247
on whaat platform did u post ur stuff?
>>
>>7137382
BASED
>>7139308
i do it to begfaggots that are worse than me to feel better about myself but in the eyes of a pro i wont be so different from them
>>
You have to start somewhere
>>
>>7137378
>At what point should someone post their sketches or art shitposts on social media for the world to see?
in 2007.
yes, I'm implying that you are 2 decades too late.
>>
>>7137382
>THEY'RE ALL GOING TO LAUGH AT YOU

Okay Carrie.Don't go to prom.
>>
>>7138142
I routinely delete my old work. People message me all mad and confused like "why did you delete that one it was my favorite" and I tell them to kill themselves. If you liked it so much you'd have saved it short sighted retard.

If art is about personal expression, only I get to decide what is and isn't worthy to express. My art represents me, it's a map of my mind and experiences and a reflection of my work ethic. If I decide I don't like it, fuck it, it's gone. If I decide it's worth expressing, I'll express it.

>>7139028
This anon gets it. It is incredibly demoralizing to look back and realize you shared a pile of garbage, it creates the same feeling you have when you think about something embarrassing and humiliating you did as a child.

Everyone has to start somewhere, but sharing ultra beg stuff is a recipe for disaster in the same way feeding people uncooked food is. You'll make them sick, you'll feel like an incompetent ass, and everybody loses.
Grind for a few years, perform an honest assessment and comparison, then take the plunge. After that, if you hate your old work, you can just delete it and keep going.
>>
>>7139308
The first comment I ever received when I posted my beg art online (this was back before social media, it was a forum or some such,) was "artists like you make the world uglier with every drawing. You lessen the value of art itself with this trash."
I was like eleven.
Anyway, I'm mentally ill, but at least I have 50k followers on the internet, now.
>>
>>7145982
They will actually laugh at you, tho. Every time I see beg art online I cringe and laugh. I might not tell them they suck but everyone thinks it, and you know it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.