[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: kmNh3dYvz8o-HD.jpg (138 KB, 1280x720)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmNh3dYvz8o&t=1695s
>>
>>7140034
https://youtu.be/kmNh3dYvz8o?si=C0_I1d0jqh6yIAK9&t=1151
>spends the entire afternoon consuming design at 10 years old
HOLY COMFY
>>
does he really have so many students go to big studios
>>
>spends 2 hours destroying the state of the industry
based
>>
guy sure loves talking about himself, someone post the cliff notes
>>
>>7140177
if you cant design btfo

its really recommended that youngins listen to people with true experience break the real world down
>>
>>7140177
Basically. To be a good designer, you need to be an interesting person with hobbwies and brain.
>>
>>7140177
>someone post the cliff notes
What are those anon? spill the beans
>>
>>7140034
I do appreciate you posting here again Feng, can we get more drawing vids though? I really miss the drawing videos, I used to draw along.
>>
File: gigapepe.png (528 KB, 3168x3080)
528 KB
528 KB PNG
Amazing video. I had two thoughts in myself that it kinda reinforced, just writing them down here to reinforce the message:

First, we are influenced by the internet more than ever, we see a lot of images and impulses from the internet. Many people get too influenced by it and take up "-cores" and "aesthetics" and it comes off as fake, because you can telll that it has no relation to the persons real world environment and experience. Therefore you should touch grass first.

Second, it is gay to admit but many times I wanted to be an artist because the "artist aesthetic" attracted me, in those times I didnt really have much output. There is no mistake here. As Feng said, ideally, you first have something that you like, or a message that you want to share, and you pick visual media as the form of expression. When you are a poser wearing a painters beanie, you turn this process upside down.
>>
Feng Zhu Speaks being a chink I don't know why I was surprised to see that he copied everything from other people, this was his teacher, he copied even his hand-writing. It's just amazing how chinks can't come up with anything original, it's all a copy of something else except of much lower quality than the original.
>>
>>7140720
>He learnt from his teacher
no way!!!!
>>
>>7140726
>I am what I criticize in the video
Found the chink.
>>
>>7140730
maybe you could copy a thing or two from your English teacher too
>>
File: han.png (1.63 MB, 1920x1080)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB PNG
>>7140720
I find it interesting that Feng and Peter Han had the same teacher but they ended up in wildly different places.
Just compare OP's video vs something that Han did a few days ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnFVWIO-mME
>>
>>7140763
>>7140034
Thanks for these videos
i know most of their stuff are must watch...but are there any more that are of very high quality gold content?
>>
File: church_08.jpg (170 KB, 1178x680)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>7140232
Feng's digital art was copied from Ryan Church too. That's what they do, they copy.
>>
>Rants about theres no enterainment in design
>Says everything feels so souless
>Also copies

Imitation bros at its finest
>>
>>7140034
Is Photoshop really that unstable these days? I feel like half of the video he keeps worrying about it crashing
>>
>>7140840
>Church graduated with honors in Transportation Design with emphasis on Entertainment Design at Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California.
They likely just had the same teachers
>>
>>7140852
he probably had a bad experience before with losing a hours of work due to a crash. I used to be unconcerned about saving and backups until it happened to me
>>
Feng zhu canceling sick figure salesman DRAMA
>>
>>7140852
he's been doing this "let me save in case this crashes" shtick for literally 13 years
>>
File: file.png (1.14 MB, 1080x690)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
i genuinely think its over for the zoomers, they are raised by the machine
>>
>>7140840
thats just called industrial design anon
>>
File: 1628607579198.jpg (44 KB, 640x566)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>7142858

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.