[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/int/ - International

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: american-suburbia.jpg (709 KB, 1280x835)
709 KB
709 KB JPG
Why do so many think this is le bad?
>large green backyard for your kids and pets to play in
>lots of space to relax indoors
>enough distance for you not to hear annoying neighbors
>low-traffic streets and lots of cul-de-sacs means kids can play in the street without problem and you do not hear traffic noises
>most of them actually do have pretty wide side walks for you to take walks around the neighborhood
the only complaint I hear
>b-b-but my favourite ethnic restaurant is not within WALKING DISTANCE I literally have to die
>>
>>196477695
>Why do so many think this is le bad?
those who can't afford that
/thread
>>
>>196477695
Because its not inclusive to niggers and cracked out hobos
>>
>>196477695
1-Very long commute times, driving 20-25 minute to get something to eat or 40-45 minute to the big grocery store is real
2-Nothing to do in vicinity, god forbid if you want to walk and then sit somewhere for coffee, no you cant do that because the location is designated as a residental zone like in simcity, and there is miles and miles and miles of houses with not one shop in sight. Youtuber Notjustbikes (pbuh) talks about how suburbs who lack this regulation, who have shops sprinkled here and there fetch premium price because everyone lives there.
3-Its not just shops, hospitals, clinics, schools etc are also far.
4-Kids don't play, suburbia encourages lonely solitary confined lifestyle, if anything it discourages community.
5-If it has community it has it in its worst sense, home owner associations are a pain in the ass and they will literally measure your grass with a ruler to fine you
>>196477743
This is the hidden reason behind suburbia. A lot of suburban behavior that seems retarded makes perfect sense when you take this into account.
>Why they want no public transportation, it will make things easier for them and kids can go to school easily, oh niggers...they think niggers will ride the busses to their neighborhoods..
>>
I live in a less isolated suburb but the very real downsides that have come to a head in our society are approximately as follows
>isolation combined with lack of shared communal spaces means social life is cold and hollow
>mass import of third worlders makes community is null and void anyway
>neuroses due to atomization and isolation are amplified and hidden
>wiggers with their shitbulls everywhere
>shoddy build quality because contractors see it as free money
>need a car to go anywhere (isolates children further)
>nothing to walk to in the neighbourhood despite it being ostensibly easy to do
Anyway yes most people that complain about this are mentally ill and/or poor but there are actual disadvantages you have to compromise with to make the most of suburbia.
>>
File: talo.jpg (1.06 MB, 1950x1299)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
I wanna house like this without close neighbors and walk naked in my yard, thats my current dream.
>>
>>196478029
>suburbs who lack this regulation, who have shops sprinkled here and there fetch premium price because everyone lives there.
wouldn't that ruin the quietness? shops means noise, and lots of traffic so everyone who lives on the street next to the shop probably has lower property value
it means lots of trucks to supply the shops with goods, increased litter, increased crime, etc.
>>
It is good. Most people can see it is good. It is natural comfy and ideal. And that's why most Americans live in suburbs, despite endless PR trying to pump up cities and fearmong suburbs.
>>
>>196478454
so fucking jealous of you guys
>>
>>196478962
i thought that you gulfies are rich, oh never mind...
>>
>>196479248
>jordan
>gulf
lawl
>>
>>196479274
Why arent you part of arab league
>>
>>196479355
uhhhh what? we are part of the arab league but then the arab league dont work like that, you prob mistook it for some eu style union when in reality it can only hope to be
>>
>>196477695
Many times it's simply leftists who hate the fact suburbs preserve a semblance of order which has been increasingly rare since the Civil Rights act. It's telling how mainstream criticism of it is often looking for any actual reason to criticize it to mask the fact they simply don't like the segregation it implies, that's what drives them to think of a dozen different reasons while not really committing to any of them. The latest meme is walkable cities but it won't be the last.
>>
>>196479421
Sorry you are, i mean this thing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_Cooperation_Council
>>
>>196479446
Civil rights was the only thing that got people to move out of cities. White people moving away from black people essentially brought back the frontier spirit. Imagine having all of this land, quite possibly the most fecund and diverse land in the world and doing nothing but clumping together in an urban hive. Once you're out of cities you'll start running into towns that are 100% white, 100% Hispanic, 100% black. The US has basically no restrictions on what you do in your backyard aside from HoAs and NIMBYs, if you strike it out in suburban or rural community you can simply build. Anyone who can see fault in this wants a prepackaged culture and environment, it's the national equivalent of commodity fetishization.
>>
>>196479519
oh yea no big deal, mistakes happen so its alright
>>
>>196479720
Usually the problem is people have to commute to work. A homesteading lifestyle is so far detached from how most Americans live that it's very unlikely it will be adopted to any significant degree. That also reminds me of some recent news about new railroad plans for the US, that'll probably be used to bring non-whites to small towns and force them to "diversify" like governments in Europe are doing (or how the US government forced whites to mingle with blacks at gunpoint in the past)
>>
>>196479864
Unsurprisingly megacorporations like Walmart and Amazon have done more damage to smaller villages being self-sufficient. I can't imagine someone makes a railway system in the US unless states individually had no rights. The federal government can't build a railway network without their approval. The only thing keeping cohesion in these areas is the fact that they didn't fall for the welfare scam, if they did people would move to these areas for welfare alone. Even the federal government isn't dumb enough to force people to diversify at gunpoint again, 50% of the world's guns are owned by US citizens, if states had due cause to revolt against the federal government it'll make Afghanistan look like a decisive victory. States like Vermont supply themselves entirely locally. You do not understand how little most states need the federal government.
>>
>>196480233
>Even the federal government isn't dumb enough to force people to diversify at gunpoint again, 50% of the world's guns are owned by US citizens, if states had due cause to revolt against the federal government it'll make Afghanistan look like a decisive
lol is that why people didn't rebel in the 70s?
It's so funny how Americans view themselves as rebels but never do shit once the government actually targets them.
>>
>>196481720
It's not a hivemind, why should I rebel against DC? They do nothing and are incapable of threatening me, for the feds it's very much a fuck around and find out affair. When they tried telling Texas to stop putting up wire on their border almost 30 states backed Texas instead of the Federal government. They're a joke. I don't style myself as a rebel and if they target a single state it's suicide it would be such a one-sided affair that would borderline balkanize the US after the fact. This is such ape mentality: bro you need to attack this federation that has literally no leverage over you and prevents Utah from creating Deseret again. They could collapse and my state would still be self-sufficient.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.