[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: sak.jpg (890 KB, 780x1200)
890 KB
890 KB JPG
Been a while since we last had one.
So how many outsiders do the SDM butcher per week?
>>
Grimsokyo is boring
>>
>>46586294
most of them tend to be victims with a mentality like >>46586319
>>
"dude what if everyone was evil and murdered you for breathing wrong wouldn't that be edgy and cool"
YAAAAAAAAAAAWN
>>
I don't know, but I'd gladly be one of them if Sakuya kills them by suffocating them under her ass.
>>
>>46586294
this is such a lame question, nobody likes grimsokyo, because grimsokyo fags keep pushing their LAME ass version of the story on other people. to answer your question its like, 2 a month
>>
>>46586343
I'd argue it's probably not even that much. We don't know for sure how often youkai need to eat human but I've always assumed that it's probably not as often as humans have to eat food. Add to that that there's only one individual in the entire mansion that eats human meat (Meiling) as Patchouli doesn't need to eat, Sakuya probably doesn't eat human, and both Remi and Flan just need blood (and in Remi's case it's even said that she doesn't kill those she feeds on, while Flan gets her blood in the form of cakes and sweets) At best Koakuma might have some dietary requirements as well, but it's really unlikely that many outsiders get butchered there at all.
>>
>>46586395
>Sakuya probably doesn't eat human
She probably does, Sakuya has been stated to be a "youkai-like" human, whatever that means.
>>
>>46586408
wasn't that in PoFV where it was remarking on her personality and how cold she was toward humans? I think she stopped acting quite like that going forward, since she's a lot more friendly in most of her later appearances apart from when she's possessed by her knife in DDC
>>
File: 1617132532268.png (273 KB, 654x850)
273 KB
273 KB PNG
>>46586294
Looking at it from a logical perspective, why would a vampire EVER want to kill a person that provides her with blood? Wouldn't it simply be more efficient to just hire that someone to work as a living blood generator and periodically drain it via syringe?
What's more, the diet and overall health of the human in question would 100% affect the taste of blood. I'd wager that their general happiness and contentment would also affect it, afterall high levels of stress aren't particularly pleasant, or healthy at all. You don't want to drink milk from a sick cow, now do you?
>>
>>46586294
The average human body has 1.5 gallons of blood in it. Remilia is known to be a light drinker but for the sake of this let's assume Flan drinks an average amount for a vampire. How long would it take for the two to drink up 1.5 gallons of blood? How much does a vampire with an average appetite drink at all?

If Flan alone can drain an entire human of blood in one sitting then I imagine they have about 3 people kept in storage at all times. To make them last longer, Sakuya would have to take from all 3 simultaneously.
>>
>>46586294
Didn't Marry visit the SMD? How come they didn't eat her?
>>
>>46586455
>how cold she was toward humans?
She didn't seem all that hostile in any of her Manga appearances.
>>
>>46586551
if she's getting her food in the form of cakes and sweets, she can't eat that much or she'd be sick all the time. It's more likely that both of them are light eaters
>>
>>46587322
I think it's less so hostility and more so an indifference or unwelcoming
>>
>>46586408
>whatever that means.
I assume that just means she comes off as a bit of a psychopath. Good at presenting herself as courteous and professional but is a cold blooded killer on the inside, not unlike how the average youkai can come off as being human enough despite what they really are. The only difference between her and most youkai is that she doesn't kill because she has to, she does it because it is just part of her job sometimes. In some ways it makes her even colder than a youkai.

This at least means that you don't have to watch your back around her unless you have reason to believe that Remilia might want you dead or give off the impression that you are out to do the household harm.
>>
Those deep, cold, soulless eyes...
>>
>>46587369
How often does a vampire need to feed anyways? Do they actually need to get one person's worth of blood everyday or can they just do it once then be fine for a period of time?
>>
>>46587483
I think it is nice that she still cares enough to paint her nails a fun color.
>>
File: 1702412023162390.jpg (284 KB, 1376x1770)
284 KB
284 KB JPG
>>46587483
They're the best part
>>
>>46587308
because contrary to what grimsokyofags wish was the case, the SDM has never had any reason or cause to kill random outsiders. They have a devil's contract which provides them with food and cannot be broken, and the latest CoLA chapter told us that there are plenty of youkai who don't harm outsiders because they're worried that it might cause problems. Imagine coming across that particular outsider. Would you want to damage a single hair on her head, considering who she looks like?
>>
>>46587617
>and the latest CoLA chapter told us that there are plenty of youkai who don't harm outsiders because they're worried that it might cause problems
And vice versa, which makes up the majority of Gensokyo, fag, you're just twisting the narrative here.
>>
>>46586542
Maybe the adrenaline before being brutally murdered make it taste better. Like the chinese with the dogs.
>>
>>46587640
point out where it says majority
>>
>>46586542
Vampires are supernatural entities with evil hard coded into their very essence. Any fear or suffering their source of blood feels probably only enhances the flavor.
>>
File: 1639351672979.jpg (839 KB, 907x1261)
839 KB
839 KB JPG
>>46587715
That can also be more efficiently harvested, like through danmaku fights or rigorous exercise right before blood donations. Alternatively ask Eirin to provide some adrenaline to shoot the human up with.
Though as far as I'm aware human body uses adrenaline up in a matter of seconds no matter what, so it can't have that much of an effect anyway. Maybe if the vampire were to feed directly on the human, but we know for a fact that Remi is unable to kill in this way.
>>
>>46587780
>unable to kill in this way.
The head of the household claims the first taste and has her fill first. Once she has her meager fill, the rest is either given to Flan or saved for a later date.
>>
File: 1644525205692.jpg (183 KB, 819x750)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>46587800
>saved for a later date
Which means you agree they have 0 reason to kill any human?
>>
>>46587817
A blood farm is the same as any other farm. Killing the livestock is generally a dumb idea because they can produce more for you if they keep on living. I do however imagine that they do slaughter one for important holidays though, as a little treat. The vampire equivalent of a holiday ham or Thanksgiving turkey.
>>
>>46587870
That would make the other humans really unhappy, I'd wager.
>>
>>46586294
Canon accurate, Cirno loves fishing for "Big fish" in the famously bloody and fishless Misty Lake, the "Big fish" which are actually Mermaids.
Although I don't know why she has such a weird look in her eye, she enjoys eating the big fish of Misty Lake.
Plus she hasn't really talked about wanting to become a fairy maid, although other than that it's a pretty accurate picture.
>>
>>46586294
they probably have a human farm in their basement or something
>>
>>46586542
You can easily write ways in which vampires eat more than just blood on a spiritual level or use some more biological explanation, but I'm not sure I've seem many works expanding on that(or how dhampirs work) nor many places where they talk about vamps choosing non lethal methods aside from magipokan I think... But probably most lighthearted stuff with vamps has that.
But I always found it funny how most bosses in EoSD talk about eating human and Remi just goes "nah, I'm full" on you.
>>46587486
Doubt ZUN will ever specify that and vampires change a lot from one setting to another and most settings don't specify anyways. In le olde books iirc they go for days without eating anyone on screen, but If we pick stuff like Jojo's or Hellsing they seem to kill a lot and make undead armies of their victims, but seem to be able to spend a lot of time without any blood but maybe in some sort of long ass hibernation.
>>46587322
The only manga(partially) released before PoFV was EaLND in which she appeared very shortly.
>>
>>46591485
>but If we pick stuff like Jojo's or Hellsing they seem to kill a lot and make undead armies of their victims, but seem to be able to spend a lot of time without any blood but maybe in some sort of long ass hibernation.
It probably depends on how much energy they spend then. In Jojo and Hellsing it's usually to either replenish energy or simply dramatic effect rather than to sate a hunger. They can probably hibernate for decades or even centuries because they use almost no energy in that state and in some vampire media like the Underworld movies, they can stay asleep until someone gets some blood back into their system, though they are in a shrived state when they awaken and need more blood before they are even close to full power again. A similar case for Dracula in the Gary Oldman movie where he shrivels into an old man without enough blood.

Remilia and Flan probably had to drink their proper fills after each incident they were involved in but on a normal day they can probably get by on just a cup of it a night.
>>
bump
>>
>>46587895
Does a human care about the opinions of cattle?
>>
>>46594604
......yes.
If a farmer doesn't take care of his livestock and doesn't take into account what the cows want vs what's "best" for them, then both the farmer and the cow suffer in the long run.
>>
File: 1619458401492.jpg (152 KB, 849x1200)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>46594604
...Yeah? You do know that people farm animals as a day job, right? They have to learn a lot on how does an animal think and what to do to keep them clean, healthy and content, just to get a better product.
What were you honestly thinking there, anon? That the edgy comics are comparable to real life?
>>
>>46594604
There's a reason why the saying uses lion or wolf instead of human, you Dummkopf.
>>
>>46595403
>>46595477
>>46595663
I have made a fool of myself and will now exit this thread for good.
>>
>>46586294
EoSD is hard to talk about in canon, because of how much ZUN changed it when he soft rebooted the series going into MoF.
During IN, Remilia was going to start biting people in a village, not "the" human village either, and we know that is strictly against the rules in Gensokyo that the SDM follows.
>>
im sure youkai dont need human meat but they just eat it to feel powerful and superior
>>
>>46586294
I better stay away from that mansion otherwise these girls will be chasing me all day for my meat hahahahahaha...
>>
i hate the sdm, they basically demand servants or you die
>>
>>46603868
Okay Cirno. You're just mad you couldn't sleep in their ice box. Go back to your igloo.
>>
>>46586294
>>
>>46587567
That shade of blue is bright, the shade in >>46587483 scarier, it gives a feeling of depth and apathy
>>
>>46601127
I wonder if people in the human village make similar jokes to yours with eachother
>>
>>46586294
Blud posting guro on the jay
>>
File: stealth bumping fag.png (8 KB, 368x205)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
I see you, you worthless cunt
>>
For the record, this stealth bumping nigger is doing this even though the usual suspects, holofags have had their thread up for the last hour, and it's currently at ~200 posts.
>>
>>46586294
I tend to assume the SDM girls need about a person a month. So... 2/8?
>>
>>46586542
>why would a vampire EVER want to kill a person that provides her with blood?
I tend to assume it's not blood vampires need but lifeforce. Blood is just a conduit to get lifeforce.

Issue is Touhou contradicts itself here. Perfect Memento claims humans turn into ghouls when they have their blood drunk. But according to EoSD she can drink from people just fine without harm. Either way, since there is no evidence of her keeping people like livestock I'm going to assume they don't survive.
>>
>>46587617
>Would you want to damage a single hair on her head, considering who she looks like?
Literally nobody respects Yukari, so yes.
>>
>>46597443
That is actually implied.

Granted, Vampires might be a exception.
>>
>>46595695
It's fine. Shit happens.
>>
>>46595896
>people in a village, not "the" human village either
Afaik that was the "debut" of the village and nothing really indicates there being more villages it's still called 人間の里 as always.
But yep, unless it was something like Remi wanting to get some tea or "tea" at some youkai shop, it really seems she just wanted to get blood from the first poor victim she finds strolling in the village's streets.
>>46616379
Akyuu says that if a vamp sucks someone's blood dry they'll become a ghoul. And Remi is unable to make other vamps since she takes too little blood of the body and then Flan would be too hardcore attacking a human, not leaving any blood left. It's really funny how their both unable to create more undead but in opposite ways.
>>
yeah
>>
File: spookhu6.jpg (55 KB, 570x730)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>46586294
>>46587483
>>
File: ooohh spooooky!.png (108 KB, 400x600)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
>>46587715
Dude that does the exact opposite. The Chinese don't do it because it tastes better, they do it for "health" and because it "cools the body" which is why they love to eat tortured dog in the summer. It's Chinese medicine, about as effective as you'd expect.
Stress makes the meat extremely tough and bitter from all the cortisol. It would be the same for Humans.
>>46591485
>>46616379
Fear and lifeforce/spirit/whatever is what all Youkai survive off of. As Youkai are heavily influenced by their myths, vampires require blood as a matter of course, but it does not doesn't change that fact they're still consuming the same stuff as other Youkai. Kogasa is pure in this regard since she doesn't eat in the physical sense, she just takes it directly using fear as a conduit and if she scared someone proper like in "the good ole days" her victims would be so discombobulated they have trouble walking and need to recover. Hermits and monks are desirable targets because they are abundant with life and vigor. There is an argument to be made that Youkai don't actually need to eat Humans and just need to skim some spirit off the top every once in a while like Kogasa, which could very much be true at the time when the Akyuu's addition to the Gensokyo Chronicles gets finished, but as it is, eating people is the most efficient way of getting this lifeforce and violence is predisposed in Youkai nature and myths, at least until Human perceptions and the rules of Gensokyo mold them otherwise.
>>46594604
Chinese don't. They make fun of the Japanese, and anyone else for that matter, for caring about the well being of animals.
Anyway you should really hate the Chinese, they're vermin of the earth and the most deplorable cretins I had the displeasure of interacting with. Meiling's cool though.
>>
>>
File: sweaty okina.png (88 KB, 277x291)
88 KB
88 KB PNG
>>46624361
>Fear and lifeforce/spirit/whatever is what all Youkai survive off of.
>at least until Human perceptions and the rules of Gensokyo mold them otherwise
Haha imagine if they evolved to survive on other emotions than fear and found ways to extract lifeforce through non-violent means and they could also somehow make people super-obsessed with them so they would get a steady trickle of energies and also found some way to project themselves to the outside world, compelling people to, oh I don't know, create a constant deluge of imagery that "stimulates" the "transfer" of lifeforce to them, haha, that'd be really crazy!
>>
>>46618478
>Akyuu says that if a vamp sucks someone's blood dry they'll become a ghoul.
I'm pretty sure it says that drinking any blood will do. Either way, I think that's in universe nonsense. Also possibly a JoJo Bizarre adventure reference, which Remilia could have canonically read.

>>46624361
I tend to assume vampires are a exception, if only because of the vampire contract, but you could be right.
>>
>>46630466
Yes, yes. Look, anon, if you want a version of Gensokyo that's actually also lewdsokyo on top of being Grim just read Lostbelt 6 from FGO.
>>
>>46624053
She clipped into a wall! Someone help her!
>>
>>46631468
Her EoSD profile specifically mentions that she doesn make more of her kind due to sucking little blood so her victims just become anemic.
PMiSS reaffirms this notion:
>吸血鬼を吸い尽くされた 、死ぬ事も幽霊になる事も適わず、ゾンビとなって
尽くす Indicates that it's fully. Also it was zombie not ghoul I guess
>Either way, I think that's in universe nonsense
Why? Vampires have like almost one different set of rules they follow for each work they appear in. (or more if there are different classes/races of vampires)
>>46631493
Teleporting/space manipulation problems, remember to try those out far from any wall just like you don't check if you can fly by jumping of a cliff.
>>
File: gappy.png (214 KB, 310x1400)
214 KB
214 KB PNG
>>46631472
Want? I want the full flavor Gensokyo which is cute and grim and funny and spooky and magical and mundane. The one where Reimu is the youkai exterminator and the girl who has tea parties with youkai. I want the contradictions and conflicts and the weird humor. I want the Gensokyo that inspired the endless debates and discussions and fan art of every flavor.

I fear that Gensokyo is beyond "grim and lewd", I fear it's a lilithian cum extracting egregore that has enthralled some of the most brilliant, creative and kind minds of our generation among tens of thousands of lesser specimens of humanity.

I fear we're all just cum batteries for them, like some perverse version of the matrix, but there are no robot overlords, just some eldritch information entities living and propagating through human mythologies and they have evolved into perfection and bypassed all our defences.
>>
people think youkai oppressing humans is the shit when nobody even thinks about how canonically corrupt the afterlife system is (celestials closed off heaven completely and hog up all the place, the yama accept funds to buy someone out of their judgement and thus are dishonest about their job, the barrier that is supposed to protect the netherworld has been broken, pursuing immortality to escape death is forbidden so they send a kishin after your ass, and so on)
>>
>>46635168
people bring that shit up in these threads incessantly
>>
File: 1685678804037269.jpg (8 KB, 282x178)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>46633372
So, canon. Bad things are implied to happen but on the surface we see cute girls doing cute things until the rare shit hits the fan like Arm-chan. I think the best representation is the feeling you get from Dolls in Pseudo Paradise, it's all upbeat but there's just this nagging feeling of something wrong. Though Gensokyo might have enthralled in the past, it certainly isn't now since many of those fags moved onto the next [thing] like Kancolle and other shit. Not me though, I will gladly get yooked and contribute to them.
>>46635168
Still better than what IRL Buddhism states. Enjoy hell because you stepped on a butterfly and your social credit (karma) fell too low. I'll take judgment by Eiki any day.
>>
>>46635665
Grimshit is ~75% of canon and it keeps growing, with barely anything to balance it out. Of course people will move on when what they like gets changed into something unrecognizable.
>>
File: smug face.png (215 KB, 300x275)
215 KB
215 KB PNG
>>46635665
>So, canon.
Basicaly yeah.
>many of those fags moved onto the next [thing] like Kancolle and other shit
I see way more horny Touhou stuff than horny Kancolle stuff. Please also consider that gachas are explicitly designed to cater to the horny demographic. Touhou is, on the surface level, extremely unsexual. And still, people are so horny for it. Why?
>Not me though, I will gladly get yooked and contribute to them.
I understand. This anon has also passed into fantasy.
>>
>>46636251
Its called RULE 34 for a reason anon; Its a rule.
>>
>>46586542
...is that what sakuya is?
>>
b
>>
File: Fred.jpg (72 KB, 500x500)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
I think Grimsokyo sucks!
>>
I think Grimsokyo is awesome!
>>
File: 1560377162844.png (1.22 MB, 1600x1564)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB PNG
>>46643872
Funny how you're so new you can't even recognize that reference. But I guess this is par for the course, considering what the thread is.
>>
>>46586294
Just one
>>
I do not like Grimsokyo, so I have decided to ignore reason and willingly enter this Grimsokyo thread just to complain. Grimsokyo and Grimsokyo fans, stop existing right now!
>>
File: Grimsokyo.jpg (75 KB, 850x1063)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>46648474
The entire Grimsokyo and Cutesokyo discussion is a lie created by who knows to bring chaos to /jp/ and Touhou, the purpose is simple: Is to keep the Anons entertained and ignore what's truly important, that who knows what it truly is. Maybe, that Gensokyo conspiracy was somewhat true. It is ridiculous that a discussion such as this continues to this day, even with all the arguments with and against.
>>
>>46648551
It's a meaningless attempt of division, both are nice ideas to play with.
>>
File: 1709784877369137.png (452 KB, 906x1280)
452 KB
452 KB PNG
i always like a good bit of grim music to go with grimsokyo stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKBz5_pbdzM
what about you guys?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.48 MB, 902x5108)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB PNG
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.76 MB, 1200x1000)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB JPG
the black souls guy is my personal hero, he created memorable rpgmaker games and grotesque land story using nothing more than a little bit of game making knowledge and his messy sketches that he bruteforced into looking decent by drawing a bunch of scribbles until it looked right
>>
>>46653758
didnt mean to spoiler image
>>
File: 1667738306052151.png (1.28 MB, 780x1040)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB PNG
>>46653761
it's okay, the kosh is scary to some people
>>
>>46653758
Wait he created Grotesque Land Story?!
>>
>>46653898
you cant tell from the artstyle?
>>
File: GLwzkH5boAAGccb.jpg (265 KB, 1000x1412)
265 KB
265 KB JPG
Mystia claiming another victim
>>
>>46656052
Is he a giraffe? His neck is rather long, lol.
>>
File: 1706458576734498.jpg (97 KB, 320x607)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>46656574
It happens, man.
>>
>>46656630
Oh shit it's Sekibanki's grandma!
>>
>>46656630
The youkai that had a long neck wasn't only female?
>>
Grimsokyo is fine, if that's your thing? Neat, wonderful, whatever.
Grimsokyofags, are not fine. They are the most obnoxious faggots, on par with even the worst of shippers.
>>
>>46656820
Mostly, but it was believed that someone who was very sick or something could turn into one so lets assume our boy in that art was terminally ill.
>>
File: Koishi.jpg (143 KB, 850x1017)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>>46656900
Yeah, really. I think Grimsokyo is cool because it adds "maturity," or can make a good plot for some manga. But Grimsokyofags seem to be believing that they are right about everything and that everyone should see Gensokyo the way they do, a thing that is invasive even from the start because everyone can have his own personal vision on Gensokyo and have it being respected as long as he doesn't criticize harshly other's vision.

Personally, I love the idea of a Gensokyo somewhat dark, to add realism to the thing and make it feel more real, a thing that is hard to make with other visions like cutesokyo. In general, the idea is good, but it its bad use that makes it so annoying. But I am afraid of telling it, thanks to other Grimsokyofags.

Can I ask what's your personal Gensokyo?
>>
>>46656971
>Can I ask what's your personal Gensokyo?
Whatever we see in the games, manga, and written works. Where 'grim' is implied as a necessity and only happens to the bad people that deserve it.

I will say I DO have one pretty GRIM idea I'll share with the class, but personally I hope it's not true because it would make my penis very sad.
It's that if a human and a youkai breed, the child gets to live but the parents are killed, the child is then .
Only reason I can see this idea being true (hope not) is because:
1. Humans are meant to fear youkai, love is the opposite of that.
2. No mention of Rinnosuke's parents being alive or whatever.
3. Yukari seems to be keeping an eye on him. (Might just be me reading a bit too much into that. But why the fuck would she care about the item explanation, when she could just gap to the outside and get the explanation of how the item works.)
4. It was specifically mentioned that Marisa's parent took him in.
>Why wouldn't they just kill the baby?
5. "Gensokyo is a place for everyone." Not the fault of the child that it was born.
>But there's plenty of evidence of humans and youkai mating in the past in stories.
6. Yes, in the past. Before Gensokyo was made and new rules were established. (See Item 1.)
>Bu-
7. "Hi everyone in the human village! Come check out me and my Youkai wifes baby! See? I told you, not all youkai are scary!" < One way ticket to deadsville.

Again, I hope it's not true. But it's just a GRIM idea I had.
>>
>>46657298
Wow, Anon. You actually have good ideas here, and it kinda makes sense.

Personally, I always had the theory that in Gensokyo, sex is never mentioned not because it doesn't exist, but because it is somehow forbidden for everyone, except when it is between villagers (Because they are like cattle).

Personally, I have never felt sexually attracted to a Touhou character, so, is the same for me, but I kinda feel bad for those that truly wanted to do things with them.

In addition to that, I don't know too much of Japan in the past periods, but for things I have been hearing from movies and even books, there is a weird thing in Japan against sex, that could come from way before, and Gensokyo having past traditions could be very serious about it.
>>
>>46657298
That's actually a pretty cool theory.
>>
>>46657298
>Whatever we see in the games, manga, and written works.
So grimsokyo with a veil?
>Where 'grim' is implied as a necessity and only happens to the bad people that deserve it.
If only it worked like that. Instead the forgotten and vulnerable are targeted, those who never had the chance.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.