[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: b19.jpg (127 KB, 1280x720)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
are airguns allowed?
>>
>>61449656
I shoot like 200 pellets a day in my back yard. Very fun
>>
>>61449656
Yes. This is weakons not guns.
Even well trained guinea pigs can be weapons if trained to pull the pins off grenades
>>
>>61449664
me too :3
desu I like airguns more than I like real firearms
>>
There should be more non-co2 guns that shoot steel BBs
>>
File: 1377_pellets.jpg (340 KB, 1673x566)
340 KB
340 KB JPG
>>61449656
No. Anyways I started shooting pic related more recently. I need to conserve my .22 for Fall squirrel and upcoming shit prices and availability. Should stretch it out to 50yds and see how it groups. Haven't shot air rifles outside of short range often.
>>
multi-pump > break barrel
>>
Er guns
>>
File: cansolver.jpg (242 KB, 2000x1500)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
I have a few pellet guns. A 70s .22 Benjamin, Crosman 1377 with longer barrel, wooden stock, upgrade parts etc. This is my Crosman 2240 with parts swapped for better airflow or materials, wood grips and stuff. It feels nice in the hands now and helps keep the ever present, taunting cans at bay
>>
How loud do airguns get assuming they dont go supersonic?
>>
>>61452390
Ever fart well sitting on a hard plastic or metal chair? About 10db below that.
>>
File: Daisy-Red-Ryder.jpg (60 KB, 1200x1200)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
I mean, I assume that's where most of us got our start. If you didn't have pic rel as a kid, did you even really have a childhood. Especially, being something that can be shot in your backyard and normally be unrestricted for a kid 11-12 and over to just grab and go shoot some cans after school without parental supervision like a real firearm, means it's a great place to start working on fundamentals. By the time I got a real gun at 13, I was already a preddy good shot thanks to my RR.
>>
>>61449656
Is there any good break action airguns in the $200-$300 range? I was thinking of getting a .22 but if I can get within the ballpark for target shooting while being able to shoot in my backyard I'd pick the airgun.
>>
>>61452441
I had the cheap black plastic one.
Then I got a Benjamin
Then I got a Ruger 10/22
Then I got a Mosin Nagant because it was cheaper and ammo was $89 for 440 rounds
Then Hillary failed to get elected
>>
I have 2 .22 air guns both pcp, love them both, tons of fun. Marauder semi and a pp700. Absolutely clears collards and squirrels and quietly.
>>
>>61452537
>good break action airguns
Hatsan makes great budget airguns. They may be turkshit but they are really nice turkshit.
>>
>>61449656
/k/ - Weapons
BB/Pellet guns are suited to hunting small animals, they're weapons. Airsoft/paintball are suited to shooting your friend wearing goggles, they're not weapons, they're >>>/xs/
>>
>>61452390
Pistols can be loud, most air rifles are very quiet, especially if shrouded barrel or have a decent moderator. Most break barrel air rifles, pcps, are relatively quiet. C02 can be a little louder in comparison IME. Pp700 (pistol), a loud example for a airgun, is still quieter than a .22lr pistol by a big margin with moderator, and something like a marauder is so quiet you only hear the pellet impact even without a moderator.

The pp700 may be a bit loud but I shoot it daily with no complaints about noise from anyone, family, neighbors, etc. With the rifle, i don't think anyone can even tell when I'm shooting it.

Air guns don't tend to go supersonic bc it very poorly affects the pellet in flight, most recommend between 800-900ish fps depending on the pellet. So being sub they are usually much quieter than most guns.
>>
File: 20240407_163313.jpg (3.24 MB, 4160x3120)
3.24 MB
3.24 MB JPG
Pretty decent pcp for right at about 200 new. No issues with mine, about 1200 shots so far.
>>
>>61452390
as loud as you can clap for springers, they can go as loud as a 22 for PCOS
>>61452537
just pick the gamo you think looks the best honestly, can't really go wrong with them, just stay away from those mag ones
>>61452638
I really wanna get one of those, how many times can you shoot it before a refill?
>>
>>61452903
Depends on the tune. I get approx 35-45 shots a fill I'd guess, though i haven't counted the exact amount. shooting 18 grain .22 wadcutters just as is out of the box. Some users have dialed these down and get upwards of 60 shots a fill, you can find a shit ton of info from on these from users on airgun forums. I fill it about once a week or week and a half or so and take several collards and/or squirrels daily, I don't really do any target shooting unless im getting an optic in order. My semi auto marauder gets around 50-60 shots a fill. Both are pretty easily hand pumped.
>>
>>61452584
You are fucking retarded, tell someone to shoot at one of your eyes with those bb guns (4+ joules power airgun).
>>
>>61452903
Pp700 poster here, anon I just wanted to say unless interested in s single shot pistol pcp then consider a umarex notos or pp750 instead. As a pistol I like it though. If need quiet then go for a .17, .22, or .25 bolt marauder. The semi is ok but you'll likely run into more issues than the bolt, the mag with heavier pellets on the semi tend to eat shit and cause problems.
>>
File: 1703110248498351.jpg (355 KB, 1900x882)
355 KB
355 KB JPG
>>61450819
how dare you (but I also love my pumps and shoot them more)
>>
can someone recommend a full auto legit defensive weapon.

also, if a 3000 or 4500 psi air tank exploded near me, say from getting shot, how bad would that explosion be
>>
>>61454549
Cmawn deshawn just cop the hatsan blitz my niggon
>also, if a 3000 or 4500 psi air tank exploded near me, say from getting shot, how bad would that explosion be

Yes
>>
File: 20240409_193956.jpg (1.81 MB, 2457x2656)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB JPG
>>61454891
Meh yeah sure but also a tool for good eating on invasive collard bastards
>>
>>61455021
What pcp pistol is that
>>
>>61455039
Has many names, onix, mk air, snow peak, etc.. currently being sold by krale and a few other retailers under the name artemis pp700". Can get either a .177 or .22. They make a lever/magazine model (pp750) with a extending stock for not much more though for the same price you could get a notos. The pp700 pistol is right around 200, I think it's a decent budget pcp but seriously advise against getting one if you just want to attach the flimsy stock they make for it. Unless you are eurofag, a guy in England makes awesome stocks and things for these air guns and others. He won't ship to the USA though.
>>
>>61455090
Cool thanks for the info. It looks very clean.
>>
File: 20240302_073521.jpg (3.11 MB, 3072x3019)
3.11 MB
3.11 MB JPG
>>61455157
Thanks. It's definitely gave back its value in food. Just a cheap bushnell red dot up there. I have run it with picrel here with the stock and while it definitely still did do the work it just felt jank. Even after shimming it with UHMW tape and stiffening it up alot it did not feel solid. The fellow in the UK I mentioned sells a really neat support brace for this stock and his own 3d printed stocks for the pp700 and 750 but since I can't get any of that being a burger I just run it as a pistol and it works well, it's lighter than it looks I think.
>>
>>61455234
All I have is a hw30 I got from Krale for $350 after shipping. I'm pretty new to pellet guns. I figure having a pistol would be nice at some point
>>
>>61455520
What you have is pretty solid, and you dont have to deal with airing it up. The real drag of pcps is having to get a pump or compressor. I recommend a hand pump, cheap Amazon one would probably be fine just check reviews. I paid a good bit for my pump and it does good but if I could re do it I'd just get a 60-80$ amazon pump and save the cash. You can find a used benjamin marauder and other decent rifles in the 300-400 range. I paid 350 for my semi marauder used with a meh utg 4-16 scope from Utah airguns. Reccomend shying away from the semi and field and target ones, especially if you intend to get aftermarket stocks or chassis.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (149 KB, 1280x720)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>61455520
As far as pcp Pistols go unless you can afford picrel the pp700 ain't bad at all. If a little bark isn't a big deal it feels even better without a moderator.
>>
>>61455596
I enjoy the casual nature of the springer, I'm glad I didn't get a cheap one. I'm surprised how accurate this thing is. Complete joy to shoot a good 100+ pellets in the backyard.
>>
>>61456453
I dont shoot targets much at all but that looks fun. a good springer is a great thing. I've been looking for one those that you have used for a while and it's just rare to see them under 250. One day. Buying too much shit for my guns rn anyway tho. If I see another airgun thread when I have my marauder back I'll share. It's getting weird shit done to it. No longer looks like a marauder lol.
>>
do they make anything better than the red ryder if I want to shoot bbs?
>>
>>61449656
3 round groups are far better than 5 round groups
Going from 3 to 5 round groups drastically increases the effect the shooter has.
It goes from shooting bullets and watching where they hit to being pissed that the shots aren't landing where you think in a fucking hurry.
Theoretically you would only need 2 shots to zero, if you weren't such a shit fucking shot.
>>
>>61454489
I hope the gamo pump gun coming out this year is good
>>
File: IMG_9060.jpg (312 KB, 1536x1674)
312 KB
312 KB JPG
Love my airguns. The Crosmans 362 has become one of my favorites for being light, powerful, accurate, adequate peep sight, versatile and upgradeable. I bought the new 3622 as well, my first PCP and it's got the same appeal, even lighter than the pump version.

At about $100 it's better than most of the competition.

It's sad our friends in the UK can't get this great pumper.
>>
>>61458764
Do the 362 upgrades work with the 3622?
>>
I miss having the time and space to shoot, I have three air rifles, killed and ate many rabbits with two of them (third one is just a plinker).
>>
>>61449656
I used to go to a .22lr and airgun club for a while, got a couple of break barrels as I never personally wanted the faff of a PCP rifle, sadly where I am in Bongland the historical shooting club died during COVID that I was more interested in.

I've got a few muskets and pre WW1 bolt actions but rarely get to shoot them now.

I used to do a lot of airgun shooting and archery in my garden but sadly my old neighbour that was chill died and now I have a nanny state curtain twitcher next door that causes issues.
>>
Anyone have one of these?
Should I go with .22 or .177?
I want to have the ability to take squirrels and chipmunks.
I know there's better options but it's neato
>>
>>61459677
Those have been around a long time. I had one of those when I was a kid, about 25 years ago. Go with the .22, it sends a heavier pellet with more force.
>>
>>61459741
>Go with the .22, it sends a heavier pellet with more force.
That's what I was thinking just wasn't sure.
Thanks anon.
Who makes good scopes for these little air guns?
>>
>>61459677
Agree on the .22 > .17
I've owned some of these crosman Pistols, I reccomend getting the metal breech if wanting to mount a scope. These are decent pumpers, not too loud either.
>>
Wish there were not too expensive modern replicas of the Girandoni.
>>
File: Girandoni-Air-Rifle.jpg (42 KB, 800x492)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>61460145
>>
File: balkai shit gunf.jpg (2.02 MB, 4032x3024)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB JPG
>>61455520
My favotire sedy
Soviet pile of dogshit my beloved
Only slightly more powerful than rayline tracer which is better because it is more dapper
>>
File: IMG_5011.jpg (585 KB, 1632x1224)
585 KB
585 KB JPG
>>
>>61459026
Most of the parts including steel breach are interchangeable
>>61459677
177 might have better penetration at close range
>>61452903
>just pick the gamo you think looks the best honestly, can't really go wrong with them, just stay away from those mag ones
I can't understand mags like that on air rifles, just hokey crap that will break. Like fiber optics
>>61450819
Based
>>
My air fun, mainly used for plinking out my back window
>>
>>61455090
>a guy in England makes awesome stocks and things for these air guns and others. He won't ship to the USA though.
Why are they like this? I've wanted slingshot stuff and airgun stuff from the UK and there's a lot of "will not ship to US". Some part of it I do understand but fuck me. A lot of them have no equivalent over here.
>>
>>61458540
Gamo's coming out with a pump? Interesting, but I wonder what they're going to do to make it stand out. I wish them luck; bought my Swarm as an interesting curiosity and to show some support for the idea instead of not buying one and them just getting discontinued from lack of interest. I knew I'd be getting a silencer for .22LR eventually and I doubt I'd hunt with the Swarm much but it was nice for at home and specific situations where someone might give me permission to hunt BUT not with .22lr even if it's the same power (*or to be able to cover my ass with "it's just an air rifle" in pest control). I still want to toss a better scope on top. And I really want that gen 3 with a less retarded comb height and some included irons.
>>
File: 1684950193175202.png (324 KB, 485x1008)
324 KB
324 KB PNG
>>61459677
I'd say .22 even being a .177 guy. Get the steel breech kit for an extra ~$35 if you're buying from Pyramyd Air (pre installed, they no longer sell it separately oddly). It's down near the bottom of the product page for that air rifle. No it won't have irons anymore but you'll want a scope, trust me. IMO the irons on that thing left something to be desired. Great pellet gun. Grab some mineral oil for the seals; dip a q-tip in the bottle and give it a couple drops once a (500 pellet) tin (for .177) or once every couple months, whichever comes first. Or at some point you'll be able to judge when it needs it. Don't over oil or it'll get in the barrel trust me lol. Around 35-40yds in it'll serve you well. I like .177 but it'll go clean through a squirrel's chest up close. .22 gives a slightly larger wound channel and will probably transfer more energy. If you need more energy, IIRC there are kits as well.
>>
>>61461364
Non detergent 30W oil should be fine. Sometimes pellgun oil is cheap on Amazon

As someone who has modded a bunch of 13XX guns, I would suggest just getting a 362 which has a longer compression tube and metal piston. It makes as much power at 5 easy pumps as the 1322 does at 10. It's basically what I always wanted a 1322 carbine to be.
With a code you can get one for about $90 shipped on the Crosmans website. I think this code still works
CTYCN-6RG2C-XV3MJ
>>
>>61461728
I'm 30w non detergent guy. I like the 13xxs because they're so short and compact. Easy to carry, especially slung. Easy to keep around for pest control. The 362 for $90 is certainly nice though! Also I've been using that exact 30w non detergent "straight mineral oil" for years. Hasn't done anything bad to my seals in any air rifle; they're all like new except some vintage seals which were already dead before oil touched them. Tried to find an oil that wouldn't swell nor dissolve my seals and would be cheap. I'm on my second bottle. Lasts forever and it's CHEAP and available pretty much anywhere in the US no matter the time of day or day of the week. I sometimes use it on blued steel as well so that's where most of it went. If I just used it on air rifles I'd still be on my first bottle.
>>
Reminder to 22xx crosman anons, if you buy one in Canada it's probably got an underpowered valve set up to keep the fps low.
>>
>>61461259
use a forwarding service
>>
>>61461259
I think he said he went through some trouble shipping even stocks from his area over seas even though it's just air gun parts. Bob pattendon I think was his name if you care to see his items. Has a site and ebay.

>>61462876
Never thought about using a forwarding service before, I'll look into that ty anon.
>>
File: gamo_multipump.png (54 KB, 675x252)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
>>61461282
>I wonder what they're going to do to make it stand out
10 round magazine and supposedly 1200 fps. It seems like it would be a real improvement over existing pump guns for a pretty reasonable price.
>>
>>61464359
Looks incredibly similar to a Daisy 880 but hokey 'magazine' & fiber optics for worse accuracy. Plastic everywhere... I'll pass
>>
>>61464863
I'm willing to give it a try. The 880 is already a plastic rifle but doesn't get anywhere close to 1200 fps. The magazine probably isn't necessary but Gamo likes to put those on everything.
>>
>>61464359
Yeah agree with other anon. It's an improvement on the 880, especially if the rail isn't godawful on top and can get canted depending on how it's assembled (fucking Daisy) or cant from wear or use (bending? can't figure out WTF is with 880s), etc. but not enough of a difference that I need it especially for someone like me who owns several vintage 880s, 760s, 66s, etc. and a 1377 carbine and a Swarm on top of that. The actual rotary mag instead of a BULLSHIT "harmonica mag" (glorified block of plastic with holes that doesn't even automatically move when the bolt is cycled) that Daisy and Crosman use is a huge improvement though. Seriously the plastic receiver and huge ass cut for a harmonica mag the new (post 2000-something?) 760s and 880s have in them are just ass ugly.
>>
>>61464359
they should make a smoothbore one that shoots bbs
>>
>>61464359
Anyways, if that comb is adjustable or replaceable it'd be a good alternative to a 760, 2100, or 880. Not sure if it'd be a good alternative to a 13xx series (rifle, pistol, or carbine) but it might just be. The mag is a big upgrade. Single feeding pellets on a 760/880 is hell with a low scope when hunting (pest control) especially. I wish Crosman would just revamp the steel breech kit to include a rotary mag cut. It would greatly increase the complexity but man would it be such an improvement. And I wouldn't have to buy that 3D printed rubber band using mag...thing for $100 off eBay. Oh and fill the god damn screw hole that's in the path of the bolt while they're at it...

>>61464972
I'm willing to bet that "1200 fps" is alloy pellets. Expect 15 foot pounds max. Gamo is guilty of the speed wars bullshit but IIRC I've noticed they've calmed down a bit, as has most of the market. So maybe 900-1k max with lead. I wish Pyramyd Air had "real world" FPS and FPE for all their airguns on their site. It's so nice when they do have it.
>>
>>61453851
Sometimes I'm not up for reading two sentences either, it happens.
>>
>>61465007
They really don't need to do smoothbore. Just put a magnet on the tip of the bolt of the regular rifled model. Just like the 66, 760 (*some smoothbore, some rifled), 766, 856, 880, uhh...whatever other models I can't think of off the top of my head. It sounds weird but it shoots fine; you'd never notice. And it does NOT wear the rifling down like some say. I'm thousands of BBs in on at least one of my pellet rifles for sure. Maybe over tens or hundreds of thousands it might do some wear but man at that point you need seals and a rebuild kit or at the very least a teardown and clean no matter what lol. A spare barrel would be like $30. Or you could shoot lead BBs too.
>>
File: 20240421_225825.jpg (2.39 MB, 4000x2252)
2.39 MB
2.39 MB JPG
This old Benjamin pump was thrown in the trash and I grabbed it.
Is it worth reviving or too much of a pain in the ass?
The trigger, bolt, and pump lever seem to work normal. I assume it just needs seals right? anything else to look for?
>>
>>61465493
Definitely worth saving. It doesn't build any pressure when you pump and shoot it? We discussed oils but 30w ND oil or Crosman pellgun oil might bring the seals back to life.
When you open the pump arm you can see the piston rod in the compression tube. The tip should have a rubber cup or O ring that you can put some oil drops on and pump to work through the internals and valve, also cock it when you try pumping. Let it sit overnight if needed and keep pumping and adding some oil to the piston and that brings back a lot of old guns. Failing that, someone could take it apart but I hear the 392s are tricky cause a lot of parts are welded.
>>
File: 20240421_211855.jpg (1.44 MB, 4032x3024)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB JPG
>>61449656
Dunno if this counts but the Umarex Legends series are very fun back yard plinkers if you like full auto and wasting so much C02 that you are solely responsible for making global warming real.
Also the old man pre-ordered an AEA Zeus whenever they get them back in stock so that will be fun to try out with him.
>>
File: IMG_2758.jpg (158 KB, 1024x1024)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
>>61465608
The .72 Zeus? Holy smokes, that will be something else
https://youtu.be/BdUtoVEE8uA?si=lAOL9TGGw1Sdwjto
>>
File: 20230619_211130.jpg (1.25 MB, 3000x4000)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
>>61465555
It is a 397PA
There’s a YouTube vid of a boomer fixing one with a seals and oil kit I am watching, but his camera angle sucks. I should figure it out.

No way it holds pressure. I just tried to fire a pellet and it squibbed right at the very rear of the barrel lol.
My thinnest gun rod is too girthy still for .177 so ai will have to find a metal hanger to fashion a ramrod out of tomorrow. Gonna look up this kit and order it.
If it repairs well I can mount this awkward scope over and be done with this plastic 760
>>
>>61465635
Yeh, found it by accident when he was looking at pistols and showed him. Pretty much instantly wanted one. He kinda wants the .95 or what ever that fuckhuge sequel to it that's coming out in october is.
>>
>>61465054
would a smoothbore not improve performance for BBs at all?
>>
>>61452558
From personal experience its a coin toss. I did the whole return replace shenanigans because I kept getting Friday night specials that were put together awfully. Ended up just refunding and getting a gamo whisper which i have enjoyed thoroughly. Thank god for pyramyd air and their absolute chad return policy. It sucked because I really wanted that 30 cal magnum springer but apparently I heard from boomers on a airgun board that hatsan really focuses more on their pcp lineup and quality control suffers for their springers.
>>
>>61449656
My peashooters, plus another two Haenel springers tucked away.
>>
File: 1657336667883 (1).jpg (498 KB, 1280x960)
498 KB
498 KB JPG
are those any good? (not my pic)
>>
>>61467104
I have a Hatsan PCP and it’s really nice.
>>
>>61465651
The wire fishing/pulling kit from Harbor Freight is sub .177, or was, if you cut the ends off.
Beware that it is fiberglass so don't breathe that. Also you can get airgun cleaning rods. Don't shove a metal hanger down the barrel, it's going to be too wimpy.
>>
I wish I had a yard so I could go shooting. It's very theraputic, you can do it outside a real range, and pellets are dirt cheap. apartment life sucks
>>
File: 20240422_180440.jpg (2.21 MB, 4032x3024)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB JPG
>>61449656
What do you guys think of my airgun? I don't really know anything about them, I picked this thing up a couple years ago at an LGS when I saw it mixed in with their pile of orphaned stocks and offered the boomer 20 bucks for it. It's a .177 that can take BBs in a magazine or single load pellets and can be pumped or use CO2 cartridges. Daisy Powerline 990. No idea if it would even be good to shoot squirrels with but it's pretty fun to plink cans in my backyard with it.
>>
>>61455021
I hate you
>>
>>61470482
For $20 that's pretty neat. I don't think I've seen too many of them and they're usually in pretty bad condition. Never realized they were pump OR co2!
>>
>>61470482
Might get the job done. Looks like a neat daisy. For 20 a very good deal I'm sure
>>
>>61471088
Yeah, the little switch on the side above the fake magazine (CO2 cartridge holder) switches between the two. It's in pretty much perfect condition. Besides that I've got my dad's childhood daisy lever action.
>>
>>61470482
very cool
>>
Test
>>
>>61465493
I'm betting the oil getting into the valve fixes it then you can shoot the pellet out with air... keep us updated
>>
any tips for shooting these things? eu fag from a country where you cant own firearms here. ive been going to a air rifle shooting club because of some mandatory university PE thing, but since its assumed that most of us are doing it just for credit, they dont really instruct us much except on the first day on how to hold the rifle. i find shooting quite fun but cant hit for shit. my hands shake too much, not from anxiety or whatever, they just do that by themselves (in general, i cant even place down a cup of coffee down on the table or hold my phone for a picture without shaking). also, when i take aim and think its good, pulling the trigger, and i mean right over that critical point (you get what i mean) always causes me to shake the rifle off aim.
am i cursed with autistic hands? also, anons who shot a real gun and these things, how does it compare. i assume an air rifle is piss easy mode compared to a proper firearm
>>
>>61479081
It's exactly the same skill set (sights on target and pull the trigger) until you start talking about big or especially lightweight guns. Your borrowed airgun is likely to be harder because the trigger is likely to be heavier, less smooth, and generally not well cared for. Try shooting prone and concentrate on your positioning and breath control.
>>
File: 12694612849.jpg (76 KB, 1200x900)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
Diana 250 in .22 for rabbits
Y/N?
>>
>>61479192
If you're trying to exterminate the little sods you might want something a bit quieter.
>>
>>61479267
i know some nitro guns have moderators built in, just not sure how necessary theyll be in my case, mainly want to keep those damn rabbits out of my garden and in my crock pot where they belong
>>
>>61479375
I mean, it's a springer and springers are fucken loud. Mr. Bun is no genius but they'll work it out and then you get 1 rabbit per.
>>
>>61479431
might need to shop for something a bit quieter then, my crockpot hungers for rabbit
>>
>>61479440
I'd be inclined to go PCP, springers are great if you're walking fields but if you're waiting in your garden you can't beat a few rapid shots. They'll fuck off quick so a hand pump will be fine and you can always get a scuba tank if you want to go out on a bunny genocide mission. Put some range markers out and 177 would make for easier headshots.
>>
>>61479676
pyramid has the diana stormrider as a kit with pump so maybe worth a buy
>>
>>61479731
Looks about right. I'm seeing they're picky about pellets, mind.
>>
File: IMG_3135.jpg (42 KB, 800x800)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>61470482
I honestly like the faux wood plastic or 'marbles pattern' grips they used to make. Would be nice if they made a comeback over plain black polymer
>>61479192
>>61479375
>>61479431
You might want to look at a Crosman Vantage NP too, not bad for the money. I've got one and it's fairly quiet. You'll probably only get one shot at a time for backyard critters anyways.
>>
>>61479883
i plan to run mostly H&N, the good stuff so not too worried
>>61479982
a good non pcp option on a budget, really whatever protects my strawberries from those hopping assholes
>>
>>61479081
Don't yank the trigger. I think that's what you're doing. Also don't death grip the rifle. Also look into "artillery hold" assuming your rifle may be hold sensitive. What air rifle are you shooting?
>>
>>61479982
Depends on the garden and the rabbits really. I've had them hang around as I pick off 3 or 4, but that was leaning out the bedroom window and they had no sight line to each other.
>>
File: caseless_rifle.jpg (452 KB, 1916x1018)
452 KB
452 KB JPG
>>61479982
>I honestly like the faux wood plastic or 'marbles pattern' grips they used to make. Would be nice if they made a comeback over plain black polymer
NTA but I also really like it. Shame so many companies seem to have forgotten or just straight up ignore the idea. Yes they need multiple colors of plastic pellets and yes it complicates things but god does it look so much better than a lot of the cheap plastic on pellet rifles and .22s. Remington did it with the Nylon 66 and derivatives (albeit glossy and a hair ugly), Crosman did it on their old pellet guns, and Daisy did it on their old pellet guns and real guns as well. Pictured, the Daisy VL. They also did it on the Daisy Legacy .22s.
>>
An oldie I brought back. Think it's leaking at the transfer port though, seems pretty anemic.
>>
>>61450109
>Should stretch it out to 50yds and see how it groups
That would be interesting, the pellet drop would probably be 2 feet with that thing
>>
>>61480161
Last I remember that's about right lol. I'd need to re-zero the scope. I think it's at ~25-30 feet right now. 50 is quite a drop.
>>
>>61455021
>pigeons
delicious
>>
>>61480078
>Daisy VL
Never heard of that, crazy and fascinating. Is it just an under lever that also heats the pellet for combined air plus powder combustion?
>>
>>61465635
damn that gives me a stiffy
>>61465653
>.95 caliber air rifle
HNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG
>>
>>61480229
It's basically an underlever turned caseless .22lr. The piston shoves the air through a constriction that makes it VERY hot and ignites the pellet of propellant glued onto the back of the bullet, which appears to just be a loose .22lr ~40gr LRN bullet, lol. Silly. I wish I bought some of the cases of ammo I saw for it but I really don't want to break a case open that's 40+ y/o just to shoot like 15 rounds out of it. I should just shoot some of what I have.
https://youtu.be/IHNg6laaiWo?t=132
>>
>>61465651
If you don't need it shifted to fix the seals, just put a note on and shoot it out when they're done.
>>
File: IMG_3147.jpg (499 KB, 1536x1905)
499 KB
499 KB JPG
>>61469705
Therapeutic indeed
>>
File: IMG_3145.jpg (115 KB, 850x1100)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>
>>61449656
I bought my dad a Gamo airgun to shoot rats in the back yard, it's pretty accurate. I put 3 shots on a pinky nail at 25 meters.
>>
>>
>>61480271
https://youtu.be/t177ksN35PQ?t=69
>>
>>61469705
Apartmentfag here with an airgun. It's doable. I made a backstop out of a couple pine boards that I salvaged from the trash and bolted together for double thickness. Put paper targets on it and it's not a bad setup.
>>
>>61484267
I recently made a rubber mulch trap with a cardboard box and $10 bag from Home Depot. Works great. Only thing, both the lead and recycled rubber might be considered possibly carcinogenic to the state of CA though...
https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2024/03/rubber-mulch-pellet-traps/
>>
>>61484229
sex machine
>>
>>61480229
>>61480280
https://youtu.be/cLQay8Fz7X0?si=MN0d1xw0qNTLYmk
Not bad for 50 year old ammo
>>
File: IMG_1129.jpg (110 KB, 1024x1024)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
Airguns are like potato chips
>>
>>61453793
Do they leak air? There are some pcp air guns that are cheaper than 22lr but my only concern is air leaks.
>>
File: IMG_20240425_101018.jpg (2.87 MB, 1803x4624)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB JPG
Here's my HW85K 4.5mm
I'm looking for some dumb fun co2 pistol preferably with magazine. Any recommendations?
>>
How loud is a Daisy 880?
>>
>>61484267
Put some layers of carpet in front of that. Should quiet it up a bit. I know wood is loud as fuck lol. Go to a place that does home carpeting and see if they have scraps. Find some thick office carpeting or something. Cut it into squares and put like 10 layers in front of the boards, carpet facing you. Need to replace the face every now and then to keep tacking targets to it but it works.
>>
>>61489375
There are various crosman, diana, other brands im forgetting, that have pistols that aren't too bad on performance as far as co2 goes. looking up air pistols you will find a sea of co2 pistol replicas that often shoot both bbs and pellets from different brands that all perform pretty mediocre, usually 350-400ish fps, often accompanied by qc issues. I reccomend a pcp over co2, can get a pump cheap and would likely end up spending less over time than if you shot alot of co2 and would get a more consistent and higher power air pistol. But if you are dead set on a semi auto, co2 may be the way for you; semi auto pcp pistols cost alot and there are fewer choices. If I was to go for a replica air pistol I think I'd look at one of the webley mkvi models, they offer different finishes and sizes I think. But I would only plink with something like that so me personally I stay away from things that don't produce atleast around 10 fpe or higher and unfortunately that includes the majority of air pistols that aren't pcp or $$$$. The cheaper replica pistols are really more toys than anything.
>>
>>61489413
Not that loud honestly, has a satisfying 'pop' to it though and good power for 177.
>>
I have this 60+ year old daisy but I think the seal is busted or something. It's lost most of its power. Are there ways to fix it? It's cool as hell compared to the shitty modern ones
>>
>>61490367
in theory, there is like only 4 people in the US that actually work on/repair those sorta things so practically speaking good luck on your own
>>
>>61490367
That looks cool, should be able to get it fixed if it just needs new Orings or whatever.
>>
>>61490480
He could send it to JSAR or Verdium air. There are others but I've used JSAR before with good results. He's usually pretty busy so turn around can take a little while depending on what you need done, and is pretty affordable. If you can't sort it I'd say send it to him.
>>
>>61489948
>The cheaper replica pistols are really more toys than anything
That's exactly what I'm looking for. I don't care too much about power or autistic accuracy, that's what HW85K is for. I just want something fun to plink with in a gunless country.
>>
File: IMG_20240425_155045.jpg (1.92 MB, 4000x1800)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB JPG
>>61449656
Send it?
>>
File: pew pew.jpg (767 KB, 2592x4608)
767 KB
767 KB JPG
I should buy another gamo.
>>
>>61490488
It was a blast to shoot until it fizzled out. I'm assuming all the seals and O-rings are cracked and dried to hell. It worked for a good 250 shots
>>
>>61490500
It's just a case of picking the model you like then. Just double check reviews/reliability, tons of options 50-200
>>
>>61490680
This would definitely probably be a cheap repair if just o rings. As long as nothing internal is broken and it's just a seal issue. You can try and source the correct size o rings and replace them yourself too if you feel up to it. It would probably cost just as much to ship it off to be repaired as the repair itself, something to note. If it were me I'd try to replace the rings myself first.
>>
>>61490560
yes
>>
>>61490480
>>61490498
Is there anyone who specializes in Crosmans? I have a literal NIB 10 pump my retard ass tried to take apart to lube after it wouldn't cock. Turned out that lol 40 y/o grease turns to glue, who would've guessed? Anyways something was out of place and I don't feel comfortable trying my hand at it too many times. I was going to go to that airgun show that the Pyramyd Air guy talks about a lot in Ohio when I got time to bring it along in case someone there could just put it back together and give it the work it needs for a couple bucks. but haven't been yet. I'm in PA.
>>
>>61490367
Maybe this guy has a video? Just found his channel. Parts probably available on eBay. Or they're common o-rings found in assortments. God help you if they're something retarded and special like the cup seal on a Daisy 880 though.
https://www.youtube.com/@RestOModDaisy/videos
>>
>>61492773
What model is it?
>>
>>61490560
Fellow 440 rise up
>>
>>61492773
Contact both that I mentioned and ask. They should be able to take care of it.
>>
File: 1689339044540065.jpg (235 KB, 1200x510)
235 KB
235 KB JPG
>>61493056
766 American Classic. Box is faded as fuck and beat but the gun looks mint. Looks almost exactly like this. Actually keeping it in a gun cabinet right now and the loose parts in the box it looks so nice lol. No one has a single video on dis/reassembly on that model at all IIRC. And if there was a video it'd be exactly like what >>61465651 said. Garbage quality and terrible angle. Tried to fix a Gamo once and the video was in spanish and 144p...and recorded in a room that was dim as fuck. Couldn't understand a thing. The only videos that really exist on air rifle repair are for the 880 and even those are "meh" quality; god help you if you don't have a 760 or an 880, you're screwed. I can put a Ruger MKII back together. I can put all my guns back together no issue. But air rifles, oh my god they're something else.

>>61495135
TY.
>>
File: B3.jpg (31 KB, 800x241)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
I hope this thread lasts till Saturday, gonna pick up one of picrel
>>
>>61495226
Fuck you anon I want one of those retarded things. What did it cost you?
>>
>>61495231
$300. I wanted one of these retarded things too.
>>
>>61495369
Ouch. There's a couple silly chinese air rifles I want. Maybe I'll end up seeing them at auctions eventually and I can snag some. There's one I saw out there with an adjustable rear sight. Real crude. The spring holding it down was weak as hell, poorly fit. But the idea of a shitty low power pellet rifle with really bad "SKS reject" tier wood and shellac with adjustable AK style sights with notches for, like, 10, 15, 20, and 30 yards got a giggle. Just so weird. The rear sight had bad left/right movement too IIRC. Minute of pie plate with those sights probably.
>>
>>61495226
Model name, anon?
>>
>>61495497
BAM XS-B3 iirc
>>
whats a good airsoft vendor website i wnat to get started in airsoft for cheap practice
>>
>>61495977
I got a VFC M249 from Redwolf and it was painless and easy.
>>
>>61490218
>has a satisfying 'pop' to it
Is that pop loud enough that it might bother neighbors?
>>
a ukraine propaganda thread died for this
>>
File: 14912041.png (156 KB, 444x590)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
>>61497546
>>
>>61497546
There will be more, like always. Big shrug
>>
>>61497536
Not at all. I don't know what anon is talking about; from memory, the (1980s era) 880 is my quietest air rifle, 10 pump or break action. The sound is satisfying but not loud at all. Shoot it into a stack of carpet scraps, sand, or rubber mulch and it'll be real quiet.
>>
File: IMG_1478.jpg (196 KB, 1024x1024)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
I thought this thread died
>>
>>61449664
me and the neighborhood kids growing up used to shoot bb guns in our backyards all the time, was so much fun, never got old.
we would mostly shoot cans and milk jugs full of water. we got pretty damn good too.

then we would also have airsoft battles with the neighborhood kids. spring only, no co2 airsoft.
>>
File: 691248420.jpg (83 KB, 1200x900)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>61501114
nah
>>
File: air rifles.jpg (121 KB, 1200x952)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
had these air rifles when i was younger, both of them were great.
>>
>>61449664
I need to start doing that more rather than shooting 250-500rds of .22LR at the range when I go. Remember to stock up on ammo because it's one of those fun years where ammo goes up (and vanishes locally) for two different reasons in the fall, not just because hunting. Ditto pellets, though they were pretty available during covid panic buying surprisingly. And reasonably priced. I'm already seeing $400 old pump shotguns (not Rem/Moss/Win) and $30 20 y/o new-ish looking AR mags and locally it's usually 2/3 of that or less.
>>
File: 1711740667637188.jpg (437 KB, 600x800)
437 KB
437 KB JPG
bump (not my air rifles)
>>
Do you need to change filters on PCP hand pumps?
>>
>>61504065
Yes, frequency depends on how humid/dry your area is and how often its used.
>>
small cheap airgun rifle i can shoot grouse with that has scope and can handle very rough four wheeler/dual sport rides?
currently just shoot them with 22 revolver because they let you walk up and do that but i would rather the challenge of shooting them from longer ranges
>>
>>61505072
define cheap in this case
>>
>>61505096
somewhere around 200 but in reality unlimited budget if it is worth it. cheaper is better since i don’t really need this and i would tend towards .22 caliber since the grouse are already gamey and i want them to die rather quickly so as to not make the meat even worse

been looking at gamo stuff because quiet is better but i have friend with a benjamin nitro piston and am interested since u really don’t like the idea of springs in -20f and below

it does have to be quieter than a 22lr since i already have a couple of those but if i can add to my wishlist a scope that comes with the gun would be very nice since i hate buying additional shit for guns
>>
>>61505117
Keep in mind in airgun world scope should be as expensive if not more than the rifle itself. Airguns are extremely harsh on scopes so you don't want to skimp on one. Look into gas piston rifles since they generate less vibration and are much quieter than springs
>>
>>61505214
benjamin trail or titan np in 22 ok?
i can get a rimfire type scope seperately, i just don’t want to fuck up on buying a dumb gun due to my incompetence and i also don’t want to need hearing protection so those seem like good options unless gamo has a quieter one. forgive me for not doing the research but the only experience i have with pellet guns is from when i was ten years old so i don’t have standards to judge by
>>
>>61449656
>are airguns allowed?
sure they kill stuff like rats just no airsoft bullshit pls that is /toy/
>>
>>61505117
Could get a marauder, one of the quietest air guns out there.
>>
>>61505368
that doesn’t seem like a good idea
i could just get a can for my 22s and shoot subsonic for that price and it will be quieter and cheaper
i guess i’m sort of asking for something that makes sense as someone that isn’t into air or normal guns but has plenty of normal guns and no airguns. i don’t want the mongolian basketweaving forum to choose for me but i’m at that point where i can’t choose what’s up and don’t want to spend 10 hours learning the intricacies
>>
>>61505300
It will be quieter desu, these things go pffft with no moderator and you just hear a little ping noise basically, I only suggest a marauder if you need quiet out of a airgun along with good shot count, and decent power, they arent worth their asking price new but if you can find pretty cheap used. 22lr out of a 18" barrel shooting subs suppressed is pretty close on muzzle report sure.. Try to figure out what you'd want to use a airgun for first and that may help reccomendations.
>>
>>61505804
i want to quietly shoot grouse
the only access to my house is by small atv
i see them sitting on the trail all the time
my current method is to walk about ten feet away and shoot them in the chest with a 22 revolver. i’ve never missed them since i have a lot of practice with that gun. hopefully you can see why i think a pcp airgun is overkill. i don’t need quiet at all, i frequently shoot loud guns anywhere i want to and no one is ever going to be bothered or complain about it. it really is in the woods. my nearest permanent neighbor is several miles away.

i want a quiet gun only so that i don’t have to go through the hassle of putting hearing protection on once i see these birds and hares, it has become pretty disgusting to put my muffs on my rear rack where they get covered in mud. i would also like women i am interested in to get comfortable with killing birb before shooting gun should it come to that

i’m sorry if i’m wasting your time but i’m entire disinterested in pcp even though they are cool. i would rather a break action with commonly sized pellets that don’t ruin my hearing. i’d like to hang off the rear rack of a polaris sportsman six wheeler and have it not get destroyed, and in winter be able to use it for target practice since the grouse are impossible to find in winter

mostly i browse airgun depot and i can read the specs but they don’t mean much to me since i know they use different high velocity pellets for their tests and loudness is very difficult to objectively measure
>>
>>61505804
and yes i will try to find a used marauder. if i can get it for a good price it seems to be worth the investment. where do i buy used pellet guns and know they work tho?
>>
File: B3.png (3.63 MB, 1526x1020)
3.63 MB
3.63 MB PNG
>>61495497
>>61495410
Bump
>>
>>61505963
I bought mine used from Utah airguns for 350 with case and a meh 4-16 utg scope was included, I think the scope is like 150 or so new so I got a pretty ok deal I think. I replaced it with a athlon btr gen 2 1-4 pretty soon after getting it though, don't like utg stuff. You can also look on ebay, various airgun forums classifieds, Utah airguns has a decent used selection usually so check there. pyramid air, airguns of arizona, baker, GB also has used stuff.
>>61506024
This is awesome anon. Nice.
>>
>>61505023
Good to know
>>61505072
>>61505300
All airguns will be rather quiet in the woods compared to 22lr. The nitro pistons are quiet even without moderators. The marauder's nice but big and expensive, also no iron sights. Any decent break barrel would probably suit your needs but a Crosman 362/2 would be lighter and more compact on a quad.You can get one with a steel breech for about $120 if the code still works >>61461728
I prefer to use open sights lately and although they look cheap, the peep on the 362 is decent and I modded the front blade for more precision.
>>61506024
Nice
>>
my Chinese Hercules gun from like 20 years ago.
they were also called BAM Xisico and other names. seems to be accurate up to 40 yards.
>>
File: IMG_20240420_090545_848.jpg (496 KB, 1440x1800)
496 KB
496 KB JPG
>>61506279
my rws airgun. .22. its very light weight and powerful plus accurate. i haven't tried to kill any animals with it.
>>
>>61506301
my hatsun vortex. stronger than the rws but more bulky. .22
>>
>>61506308
My crossman c02 pistol.
Everything is modded on it and inside.
It has a flashlight on the end.
>>
As a Crosman fanboy, the Chinese 880 surprised me a bit. My first one was messed up but the 2nd one I exchanged for is not bad. It's so easy to pump because of the wheel system it has and it does make good power fully charged. Little fiddly loading pellets and plastic feels cheap. Sights are pretty decent though, <$50 it's a no brainer.
>>
>>61507680
which of those guns is better if I just want a cheap gun to shoot targets?
>>
>>61507701
Personally, I like the 362 with the peep. The loading process is easier (larger pellets easier to grab too) and you could upgrade to steel breech and scope later if you wanted. A little easier to take apart for maintenance too should the need ever arise.
>>
>>61452441
Is a Red Ryder significantly weaker than your standard Eastern Yuro break action?
The muzzle velocity on the Slavia I have is said to be 170 m/s (550fps).
>>
>>61449656
I think they should make a break barrel with a bigger and wider air chamber so it can reach at least the power of subsonic 22lr. It can be done it's just going to be longer and will weigh like 10 pounds.
>>
>>61505629
What distance are you shooting from? Within 30yds I'd be content with a 1322 with a stock, steel breech kit, and a scope. The 10 pumps are pretty gentle with scopes unlike a lot of (springer) break barrels. Downside is it's a single shot bolt action that needs to be pumped in between shots and pellets manually loaded. Not much room for a followup. But small and quiet. Where are you shooting them? Also the scopes that come with air rifles are (in my opinion) generally trash. Gamo's scope is literally plastic. I'm picky but man it does not inspire confidence and I know the groups are shittier with that thing than if I had a nicer scope on top. I accidentally dry fired my Swarm once and the scope lost zero at like 25 feet by a noticeable amount.
>>
>>61506024
What's the AD from? Was it included with the air rifle in the box or is it snipped from a magazine?
>>
>>61506346
Nice. Don't you worry the flashlight does funny things to the harmonics though? My 10/22 had a hell of a POI shift low at 50yds (IIRC) when all I did was simply install a 5oz silencer on it.
>>
>>61507789
According to this, yes. 300-350fps with BBs whether vintage or modern. The BBs drop like a rock. I mean practicing to account for drop within your backyard bad.
https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2012/03/daisys-red-ryder-part-2/
https://www.airgundepot.com/red-ryder-bb-gun.html
>>
>>61508282
i'm wondering about buying one for my nephew
i wouldn't leave him alone with it either way but i wouldn't mind a weaker one still

my airgun shoots flat for about 15 meters, at least the way it's sighted, it starts dropping after that
the rear sight isn't field adjustable so i never touched it
>>
>>61508248
Looks like snippets from a magazine called Air Gunner
>>
File: 1714274687647_image0.jpg (101 KB, 826x861)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>61495221
Yeah, those aren't easy to take apart with the clamshell design. Pretty similar to the 2100 or legacy 1000 though. Here's a very basic schematic:
https://support.crosman.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/201590100/C766-EVP3.pdf
>>
>>61510111
TY anon; I'll have to take a second look at it. I wish more air rifles were built like the 13xx/22xx series. Stupid simple and still zinc/steel unlike what happened to the full length pumps.
>>
So ugly it's good. Gives me a slight k98 vibe.
>>
File: 134246768062.png (93 KB, 1242x421)
93 KB
93 KB PNG
>>61510537
>slight k98 vibe.
>>
>>61510649
>"man I kind of wish they'd make good milsurp bolt action air rifle lookali-"
>PCP
WHAT?! How much power does that thing make?
>>
File: 13456896566.png (8 KB, 289x155)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>61510720
>>
>>61510727
Unironically impressive. Shame they only put dovetail rails on the receiver and didn't give an option for direct mount but it's pretty standard on air rifles. Actually might have to consider that or something similar.
>>
What's a good BB gun that doesn't require co2?
>>
File: IMG_3401.jpg (1.23 MB, 4032x3024)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
bump
>>
>>61513175
this is the same gun
>>61511307
https://www.airgundepot.com/break-barrel-air-rifles.html
breakbarrel or lever action
but you would have to load after every shot usually
>>
File: IMG_20240428_115748048.jpg (1.31 MB, 3000x4000)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB JPG
>>61513298
i would shoot more. but i live close to houses.
people are all outside on sunday.
>>61511307
this kind of lever
https://www.airgundepot.com/underlever-air-rifles.html
it says under. but sometimes its a sideways.
>>
>>61513175
How are those scope adapter clamps? I always went with the steel breech kit.

>>61513298
What red dot is that? Kinda neat.
>>
Was going to start competing in local airgun matches. A boomer in a wheelchair was going to orient me. He couldn't make it to yesterday's match. Says come to his house and we'd shoot. I hadn't met him yet.

> He mods my trigger and bolt, then we shoot for a few hours
> He asks about my background, I mention stress and depression as of late
> He suddenly asks if I had a condition as a child
> How do you mean?
> Buddy. Don't take it anyway. But the way your hands shake. The way you walk, carry your shoulders, your back, clench your jaw. I thought you had a neurological condition, or you're way too fucking stressed out
> say I have essential tremor in my fingers, the rest must be stress
> Buddy. You need to come here more often and get away from what the fuck is going during the week. Since you started laughing your groups are half the size at twice the distance. You can see how much is running through your head in your groupings
> Says to take a vacation day from work now and then, give him a call and we can shoot all day
> Tells me to look at what he can do with paralysis, blind in 1 eye, constant pain and a back full of titanium. Says I can achieve so much more than him if I learn to relax and spend time behind the trigger

Shook hands again when I left, almost cried on the way home. He rebooted my brain. Felt like the karate kid. Told me to shoot 500 pellets a week and wants me splitting pieces of twine at 40 yards in a few months
>>
>>61449656
what is the best airgun rifle under 7.5 joules of energy for general plinking? I already have real guns but I want something to shoot in my garden
>>
>Airguns

Allowed, but the other guns might laugh at you.
>>
>>61515243
>pellets cheaper than any ammo
>can use without hearing protection
>can plink in your backyard safely
Why would they laugh? Different tools have different purposes.
>>
File: IMG_3174.png (407 KB, 1024x630)
407 KB
407 KB PNG
>>61514411
>>
>>61514289
>How are those scope adapter clamps? I always went with the steel breech kit.
Not that good, I also prefer steel breech. (That 2250 isn't mine but I might build one this year)
>>
>>61515243
They do enough laughing at each other in youtube comments sections because they're busy inside debating tactical bullshit and lusting over gear, while airgun guys are actually putting lead in targets and pulling a friggin trigger lol. I like regular powder burner guns but ammo is expensive and the culture is so dogmatic and weird, no one actually likes shooting they just like typing in their shipping address and credit card number
>>
>>61516490
I always figured they were junky but never really knew. For being like $10 less than a steel breech they never really made sense; buying a steel breech with your 1300 series or 2200 series gun would cost as much as if you just bought an aftermarket clamp on scope rail anyways since you now have to ship a $20 scope adapter at a later date instead of it being chucked in with your air rifle and the box it ships in.
>>
File: 1653082003817.jpg (33 KB, 413x743)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>61514411
I reckon you should listen to that guy
>>
Airbros, why can't I see any rifling marks on my spent pellets?
>>
>>61518194
Maybe your pellets are a little undersized for your barrel? Pellets do vary a little bit brand by brand as do barrels. Or you're, like, shooting .20 cal (5mm) pellets in a .22 cal (5.5mm). But .20 cal are made for vintage rifles mostly.
>>
>>61518206
I'll look into other pellets, thanks. The ones I use slide in the chamber easy, maybe they're toleranced a bit loosely.
>>
>>61518194
Is your gun in decent condition? The rifling on airgun barrels isn't as deep as powder burners, if your shooting a vintage gun that's been through hell, possible the rifling is in bad shape. I would expect what the other dude said and your pellets are just under sized for your barrel. Which is a bit odd but some pellets just don't shoot well out of a gun, even if they shoot well in other examples of the same model. Also if you have a polygonal barrel they don't leave the normal sort of rifling marks but sounds like you've got a traditional normal barrel
>>
>>61455090
fuck you man, there goes 300€
>>
Hey bros wanted to try and get an airgun to shoot some targets for fun. Is this the sort of thing I need to read up a bit on or should I just buy one and go have fun? Was also curious if its okay to shoot in public? I have a huge forest near my house and was thinking that would be agood spot. In the uk.
>>
Is the umarex 10/22 replica any good? I already have a real 10/22 and I tought it looked cool.
>>
>>61518304
Some companies sell oversized pellets like 4.51mm or 4.52. I'd look into these
>>
>>61520548
I would read up on air rifles at least a little. Buy good brand rifles. Something like Crosman, Benjamin, whatever british brands still exist, etc. Even Gamo to some extent. Also if you were in the US I'd say yeah shoot innawoods but I used to and I barely felt safe (for my own sake) doing that in the US; I know the UK is a lot more strict on that kind of thing so maybe only if you have permission or something.
>>
>>61520548
Check your UK airgun laws (which are surprisingly lenient compared to a lot of countries) and also your local bylaws. Local council might have rules against shooting in certain areas completely
>>
>>61520548
gotta be 100m from a main road if you're shooting towards it IIRC, also a lot of public land is no go, and carrying an air rifle on to private land is armed tresspass, so be careful. Probably best thing to do is ring a local farmer and get permission.
>>
>>61520548
>>61523874
I was going to say that too. Anon should get a farmer's permission and set up a grey squirrel shooting spot. Say you want to set up a feeder or something and shoot them from a blind. They're tasty too btw. And you can set up little spinner targets on nails on trees or posts. Check out SquirrelHunter's YT channel for inspiration.
t. american who hunts them with a silenced .22LR
>>
>>61520548
What I did was buy a weihrauch hw30 and go to town. Never bought or used a pellet gun before that, just bb guns. Fuck messing around with cheap dog shit. Accurate as hell out the box and easy to cock the barrel. You can get it from Krale for $300, shipping was $50 for my American ass but I doubt it would be that bad for you. It's fun as hell I have 20 guns but spend more time with pellets because I can blast them in my back yard. Got a whole range and everything I should've done this years ago
>>
>>61523936
Sounds fun anon
>>
>>61464359
I forgot Gamo bought Daisy a few years ago
>>
>>61525217
It's a hell of a good time. Small game is apparently pretty unpopular these days in my state but I'd take it over a crowded deer hunting season. Nothing better than walking the woods with a silenced .22 (or air rifle) watching for squirrels with no ear pro, just observing quietly. You learn to be very patient and after learning that patience, it often pays off many times over, especially after you learn what a squirrel's favorite spots to hang out look like and can spot them the moment you walk into one. It's a lot less frustrating than predator hunting, too, which I've been trying to get into. With greys, sometimes even after they notice you, you can simply wait and in another 5-15 minutes sometimes another will pop out or the same one will come into your view somewhere else thinking you didn't notice it. Reds are even more bold but as I understand it they're endangered over there because of the greys and the diseases they carry, so there's no season. However, you're not missing out on much as greys have like 2-2.5x the meat. They taste about the same.
>>
>>61525727
If I'd live close to the national forest where I could shoot guns I'd just do target plinking. I wouldn't hurt a squirrel. Closest BLM land from me is like 200 miles away I have to take like another day off so I can just go there and back because it's going to take most of the day. I can go to a public shooting range which is closer but they charge like 30 dollars I think.
>>
File: coomer.jpg (33 KB, 400x400)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>61449664
>t.
>>
>>61525727
It's a good time even in my yard. I got 9 squirrels sunday to yesterday evening with my .22 pp700, brain shots, all 10-15 yards. Sounds funner Inna woods but it's good eating either way. We just have big fat fox squirrels here.
>>
>>61527546
Damn, nice. Yeah it's more fun in the woods but sitting at home is nice too. Can bring them right in and skin them right away and throw them in the fridge ASAP.
>captcha: RAT RT
>>
>>61529187
Based captcha anon
>>
I've got another air rifle in the mail ... think I should cool it on buying new ones
>>
>>61530502
I just ordered a gamo viper express for lols, don't feel bad. If it takes stuff at 10 yards with shot shells I'll be tickled.
>>
>>61530853
I have some Gamo shot shells in my collection of vintage pellets! What a weird idea but neat. I wonder if they can be reloaded.
>>
>>61530502
Which one? I have about 40 now. They're so fun to tinker with.
>>
>>61531175
I've seen several people on yt reloading them and read reports from users on forums about reloads being pretty good so hoping it will be some fun. I plan to paint it od green or something different than the gray.
>>
My newest - umarex notos with bottle, extended magazine, carry handle (from a Hatsan Invader) and two-stage externally adjustable regulator
>>
>>61517650
Yes sir. Went to the range this evening and put 100 or so through. No one really uses the range during the week. All the other members are trap and skeet guys on weekends. Otherwise I basically have free reign to the range property.

My groups were not good, but the wind was very gusty and I am not used to adjusting for the wind in real time like that.
I was being silly, taking a shot during the peak of a gust and getting blown 3 inches left. Then I'd hold over 3 inches right, fire during a lull in the wind, and now I'm 3 inches right from my intended target. Just silly. I'll have to get more used to that. Apparently the experienced guys at matches have issues with how screwy the cross wind can be at both this range and another one near by

The old timer gave me a scope to use for the time being, I just ordered my own in. Pretty basic 4x16 first focal. Might also try shooting lighter pellets, he chrono'd me and my rifle is surprisingly hot considering the regulations here. He expects I could get a pretty fast pellet and flat trajectory going down to a 14 grain from 16. I'm using a .22 cal
>>
>>61525727
If you're in North east / east north America then yeah on the red squirrels. As cute as they are, they are kind of a virgin Vs chad situation with grey squirrels. Grey squirrels are ecologically fitter in every way... Bigger better faster stronger, and also fatter in winter. Red squirrels have a really high 1st year mortality rate and basically just get bullied by grey squirrels their entire lives. And if the red squirrels do survive the chad's name calling and acorn shoplifting they'll just get merced by one of the many viruses greys are immune to. Hard times to be a red squirrel
>>
File: 1712172551208-1.jpg (219 KB, 1280x853)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
>>61449656
>are airguns allowed?
No
>>
>>61531814
Another Crosman 3622. They're kind of neat albeit slightly loud. The cheap hand pump I got a couple weeks ago still holding up too.
>>
>>61532967
So it's ok to shoot pellet guns at the public shooting range?
>>
>>61449745
>>61452954
>>61478850
>>61489578
>/pol/schizos seething that the board has finally had enough of their shit
>>
File: 20240430_232441.jpg (3.33 MB, 4000x1868)
3.33 MB
3.33 MB JPG
Love me some airguns.

Bought a gamo swarm evo .22 late last year, finally took it out to sight in and practice.
Some results at 25 yards:
>gamo rocket - gun doesn't like it
>gamo red fire - good but expensive, ballistic tip is a meme with no effect unless you're shooting 35ft-lb PCP
>crosman UMs - good and cheap and accurate, just dirty lead
I'd like to try the H&N hornets but that price is absurd.
>>
File: 1708413348888135.gif (471 KB, 474x379)
471 KB
471 KB GIF
>>61533059
>>
>>61532850
The notos is awesome, amd I see you replaced its biggest shortcoming already with the superior carm magazine. If you get a hair to customize stock or grip I think buck rail makes some shit for the notos but idr what all. Think I remember seeing buffer tube / ar stock option at the least, not a fan of their 3d printed forends though. Enjoy your new air rifle anon, also been wanting one of these.
>>
>>61533894
It's not "public" in that you have to pay a but over $100 a year to join. But yes, air guns are allowed, surprisingly. Very few ranges allow them here. I find that pretty stupid, they always say stuff related to ricochet which is dumb considering people shoot them in their backyards and garages without issue let alone a controlled range. At the very back of the range they have a forest where actual airgun matches are held (Field Target), I just shot down the trap range, measured out 30 yards with a tape.
The shotgun guys are only allowed to shoot twice a month for 5 hours due to a local law. Airguns are any time during daylight, but there are very few of us doing airguns so it's usually a ghost town during the week.
>>
>>61461259
it's the same when buying from the US. ya'll won't even ship an ak pistol grip here and most webiste will only ship to the US whatever the product.
>>
>>61461259
You guys have very strange regs on import and export of gun stocks and grips actually. A lot of US online stores won't ship simple wooden butt stocks internationally. I wanted to get a replacement for something and it was a hassle trying to find a US store that would ship international
>>
>>61534975
I love it. The price has been steadily increasing everywhere as sellers have realized what a gem it is. I've seen them for $230 at one point, but now only find them for $260-$340.

That magazine is actually a Maple (not Carm) but it works great too. They also make magazines and single-shot trays for the Snowpeak m60b that I've been very happy with. I want to get a carm to compare.

I'm a big buck-rail fan. I have their suppressors on my avenger bullpup,a Daisy 880, and one of my marauders. Their customer service cannot be beat. I broke one after a year of using it and they sent a replacement for free.

Very similar is the Snowpeak PP750. I upgraded mine with a 16 inch carbon-fiber wrapped barrel. I was going for a laser blaster vibe.
>>
>>61461259
Have you tried Krale? Krale is where I import from Europe, and airgunarcheryfun or Canada Shooting Supply for things that happen to be on Krale but don't have $50 shipping.
>>
>>61536208
I was looking to buy things from a small/local guy rather than a brand. There's two UK slingshot ("catapult") makers I was looking at and neither would ship outside the UK.
>>
>>61536134
Yeah the best you may find at present moment is around 260 on a notos. The maple and carm look so similar, my mistake.
Nice 750, I bet it's fun to shoot. I have had my 700 set up a number of different ways but atm looking to swap the red dot for a older used pistol scope, something 2-7 or even 2-6, a fixed 2.5, burris, bushnell, tasco. Kinda leaning towards a silver bushnell trophy 2-6. I enjoy it more as a pistol without the stock. Almost bought a 750 instead but decided I wanted single shot.
Hows the lever on those 750s? How loud ? My 700 definitely has some bark without moderator, figure the 750 is similar.
>>
>>61449656
I've got my eyes on a Hatsan.
>>
>>61452638
Which one is that?
>>
>>61535696
Most ranges were probably busy during the week when I was COVID because no one worked. I should check out my local range maybe will take my break barrel out since I have like 2000 pellets for it. I'm in California .
>>
>>61536997
Artemis pp700. Got mine from krale with donnyfl adapter for moderator.
>>
>>61536973
The lever is about the same as on the notos, just on the other side. It's reasonably smooth and fits well in my fingers. I've only used the single shot tray. I don't remember how loud it was with the shroud and the dick-length barrel, but the longer barrel is louder than I expected, even with a moderator.

Good idea switching from a red dot. I didn't know I'd like pistol scopes so much until I tried one.
>>
File: 17040402.jpg (18 KB, 509x339)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>the airgun models i am interested are perpetually out of stock online
i bet israel is behind this
>>
>>61537193
It really never fails to take what I shoot at even with just a dot but yeah I'm wanting the scope. The pistol is so big that I'm thinking that a scope would feel pretty good on it. It will probably be some time before I find one of the scopes I actually want used and for a decent price sadly.
Really want a burris or bushnell but under 200.
>>
>>61537278
I'm using a NcStar 2-5x30 pistol scope I got on eBay for $45. My plan was to try it to see if I like the format and upgrade later to something better, but I'm really digging this scope so far.

I also have a utg scout scope, but it doubles the weight of the air pistol.
>>
>>61536987
Which one? I have a bunch of them and have no complaints.
>>
>>61536987
i just ordered a 95 QE in .25
i have a good feeling about this
>>
File: IMG_9149.png (370 KB, 3280x3000)
370 KB
370 KB PNG
Uhh fellas... Crosman was just sold. I don't feel so good
https://youtu.be/sEqP8U7nGcE?si=i-chBEN_wfz0-O_z
>>
>>61537399
I've thought about trying one of those ncstar scopes. I saw the utg LER but wasn't a fan of the 4-16 utg I've tried before so staying away from the utg stuff, that scope i just mentioned weighs 36 oz! If I ever get a scope for it I'll post it on here in a future thread. For now, excited to try this goofy gamo viper express this weekend.
>>
>>61538216
>daisy bought crossman
i fail to see the issue
>>
File: 1705066925445115.jpg (52 KB, 1500x1500)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>61538216
FFS, and to Daisy? At least Crosman has a quality brand (still making ZAMAK and steel guns) under Benjamin and some still under Crosman like the 1300 series. Daisy just has a $300 880 and some other shit like a $280-300 1903-like in black polymer (barf). If Daisy starts making changes this is going to suck; Crosman was just getting into pretty affordable PCPs.
>>
File: 1713608804903413.jpg (65 KB, 1200x1200)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>61538216
Don't forget the $200 souped up Red Ryder...
>>
File: 1688516336963664.jpg (79 KB, 1500x1500)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>61538216
Holy shit the 1903 is non functioning lmao
>This non-functioning Drill Rifle features a solid barrel and a working bolt. Used by Military JROTC programs and other organizations throughout the country for training and performance. This version includes a sling and butt pad.
>that will be $293
>>
>>61531814
>>61533617
Looks like a good one
>>61538671
Im not a fan of the quality of guns Daisy makes plus they're all made in China. I wonder which Crosman models might be on the chopping block now and if they'll move production overseas. Plus Gamo owns Daisy. Hopefully I'm proven wrong and things turn out for the better.
>>
>>61539270
>$300 Daisy 880
Where are you from? The avanti is a lot of fun, jsyk
>>
>>61539329
Does anyone know who is picking up the reximex throne for US distribution? I heard rumors it was going to be someone big, but I haven't seen any news.

Also on my list to get is the Hatsan Velox (already on eBay, hopefully in stores on May 15th) and the JTS Thunder Lance (no idea when this is coming out)
>>
>>61539627
The Avanti is what I meant was a "$300 Daisy 880." Because frankly, other than a nice barrel, nice sights, and being a single pump, it's a fancy 880 AFAIK. I like air rifles, but I don't think I have the target air rifle autism in that way to pay that much for what is at its core an 880 with the same lack of customization. Also, it appears they own the Gamo brand? The fuck? Maybe it won't be so bad but man, such a large part of the market being owned by one corporation does not sit right with me. It can either go really good or really fucking bad. I know which way I think it's gonna go. Sucks too because I like Crosman pellets; they always looked more quality than Daisy and "Winchester" (Daisy) to me, even nicer than Gamo...which apparently is just Daisy in a different color now.
https://www.daisy.com/product/daisy-match-grade-rifle-model-753s-elite/
https://www.daisy.com/product/gamo-pt-80-semi-auto-co2-pellet-pistol-desert-attack/
>>
>>61540040
Ah, okay. Some places have it harder to import, so it costs a lot more than it should. eBay will even give you an ITAR warning if you buy one with a scope.

The avanti has a Lothar Walter barrel, right? That's about $2-300 by itself. I also like that it has a self-indexing pellet magazine. I replaced my sights with a scope and added a moderator, so there's at least a little customization you can do. Maybe instead of a 880, it's more like a lighter, more accurate, single-stroke Seneca Dragonfly.

What does Gamo make that's good? I have one of their springers and I never think about it.

I like Crosman pellets too.
>>
>>61540040
>>61540143
The Seneca Dragonfly is, of course, a $300 Daisy 880
>>
File: 1698054182007470.jpg (180 KB, 1500x1500)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>61540143
>Some places have it harder to import, so it costs a lot more than it should. eBay will even give you an ITAR warning if you buy one with a scope.
>The avanti has a Lothar Walter barrel, right? That's about $2-300 by itself. I also like that it has a self-indexing pellet magazine. I replaced my sights with a scope and added a moderator, so there's at least a little customization you can do.
Yes the Avanti has a Lothar walther barrel. Not really into target stuff so idk about its value; I'm more into "hunting" pellet rifles (yes, even $300 hunting pellet rifles) and cheap vintage stuff like 760s and 880s for plinking. The 753 (the "$300 880") has no mag, not even the "harmonica clip" thing the modern 880 uses. Appears to literally be built off the same receiver design with a different back end converted to single stroke pump with a similar pump arm design to the original 880. It's neat if target shooting is your thing and your main focus but mine is target but plinking small targets and hunting with the same gun.
>Maybe instead of a 880, it's more like a lighter, more accurate, single-stroke Seneca Dragonfly.
Maybe? I mean, it has less power. Does not matter if you're using it for target, but it's not quite 1:1-ish. 753 is 4.28 ft/lbs at the muzzle and the Seneca is 11 ft/lbs at the muzzle, both measured by Pyramyd Air. One is a target 880 built off an 80s style 880 alloy receiver making about the same power as an 880 with admittedly a nice barrel and sights and the other is built for hunting almost from the ground up as well as a multi-pump.
>What does Gamo make that's good? I have one of their springers and I never think about it.
Their ~2010 era is just speedmaxxing. Not bad but could be better. The Swarm is good fun; seems they balanced speed vs power, etc. and the accuracy is actually okay. No more "wow crazy speeds (if you use these super light PBA pellets that won't group for shit!)"
>I like Crosman pellets too.
I need more.

>>61540175
???
>>
>>61540143
And I should clarify about Gamo: Modern day Gamo is actually pretty good. It was like 10 years ago they were in that rough "more speed!" era. Now they seem to focus on making good shit; I like the design of the Swarm a lot. I need a better scope on mine rather than the stock plastic tube they give you they call a scope; I think I can squeeze more accuracy out of this thing, though I really want the newer model with a comb height that makes sense for the scope.
>>
Anybody has the schematics for 9mm pellet making swaging dies? I'm thinking about trying to make one in my garage since it's 600 bucks for a set.
>>
>>61540663
I know they're more firearms oriented but maybe /rlg/ or /hlg/ could help? I don't see why it would be that different to, say, lead bullets, as long as you're not wanting to make diabolo pellets rather than "bullet" shaped pellets. Though you have to know what your barrel measures if you were to cast it, I guess, so you know exactly the size you need (and not just "9mm", I mean due to manufacturing tolerances, etc. down to, say, 0.000" or whatever). >>61481224
>>
>>61540783
It's .357 124gr projectiles. I'm using cast bullets from lee molds that I have for my firearms but if I can make the slug/pellet without having to melt lead it's a win for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3Pkqyq233Q
>>
>>61452441
>If you didn't have pic rel as a kid, did you even really have a childhood
Real childhood was having a Baikal IJ-22.
>>
To clarify all this crosman business. To start, Crosman was currently owned (until like, yesterday) by Velocity Outdoors, who were themselves under a private equity choosing company.

Crosman has now been sold to Daisy. Daisy is sort of owned by Gamo, but more technically, Gamo and Daisy are both owned by BRS, a random private equity company in NYC. However, when BRS acquired daisy in 2016, the president of Daisy stepped down and the president of Gamo took his place, pulling double duty, essentially meaning Gamo and Daisy are kind of one in the same. They're not made in the same countries, but they're 2 brands under the same top management (Gamo's execs at the time of merging and maybe still today), and of course they're under the same holding company, BRS.

Whether crosman will exist "as is" under daisy, or will their management get cleared out by daisy, I have no idea. Sometimes it goes that a company is sold and the purchasers let them continue to do their own thing besides putting them on a different payroll / accounting system or whatever admin crap like that. It might be that daisy clears house and everyone near the top of crosman is looking for a new job and their manufacturing will get flipped upside down. Who is to say, there's very little info right now. A company that produces lower quality goods owning another company doesn't necessarily mean the newly purchased company will need to start producing junk. I mean to use a really rough analogy, Volkswagen owns Lambo right. I'm not saying I'd buy either of those cars but daisy being made in China doesn't mean crosman automatically becomes chinesium trash
>>
>>61541027
Well put. Yet these conglomerate holding companies typically seem to fuck up a good thing though and get away with golden parachutes.
>>
Always nice to see a rough old airgun kicking ass
https://youtu.be/ygourYO20hQ?si=0V-6vSrHgTF4IRI2
>>
>>61538216
Hopefully this improves the quality of crosman stuff
>>
>>61540326
Maybe I have an 853. One of them has a harmonica magazine.
>>61540175
>>61540326
>???
Maybe they mean it's what the Daisy 880 would be with a wooden stock, metal receiver, magazine, and threaded barrel; i.e. a grown-up Daisy 880 that isn't $40 at Walmart.
>>
File: 1693695868676698.png (120 KB, 1085x397)
120 KB
120 KB PNG
>>61454489
How do you like yours? I have the gen3, no iron sights :(

What do you all think about this rifle?
https://gamousa.com/product/swarm-magnum-10x-gen3i-inertia-fed-22-10-shot-air-rifle-pellet-break-barrel/

Also the scope I bought because the reviews said the scope was shit.
https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-copperhead-4-12x44-riflescope.html

I use .22 Daisy Pointed Pellets
>>
File: 1699125304523589.jpg (269 KB, 1024x1010)
269 KB
269 KB JPG
Got 3 squirrels and 1 chipmunk yesterday with it on my first day. And another chipmunk and what I though was another but it was just a juvenile squirrel today. The rifle shoots laser beams. Got some PBA ammo coming too.

What do you all do with the squirrel bodies piling up? I just wrapped them up in a garbage bag and threw them out. I don't want to attract carrion and meat eaters. And I don't want to eat them or bury.
>>
>>61546886
what I do is I dont murder innocent animals. I find it hard to believe that anything you do is worth murdering innocent lives. If you have some farm producing tens of thousands of dollars of something and squirrels or chipmunks are destroying it then yeah whatever. But if youre just shooting animals for no reason other than bloodlust I think you should really evaluate your life, probably talking to a psychologist. I mean, why the fuck would you murder innocent animals. Why would you cause death and suffering. You clearly arent eating them if you cant figure out what to do with the bodies.

My suggestion is, stop shooting them. Shoot steel or paper targets.
>>
>>61454549
>3000 or 4500 psi air tank exploded near me, say from getting shot, how bad would that explosion be
it wouldn't explode but it would be loud and disorienting.
>>
>>61546913
Fuckers are eating my house and chewing up my wires on my vehicle. They started it. Fucking rodenta and their always growing teeth is to blame really. But good on you for calling me out if I was just killing to kill.
>>
>>61546913
Also their cute little innocent faces with x.x eyes did kind of bother my sleep last night, if that matters. I just need to do what I got to do. Just like the mice that were in the house years ago. Now I just have another infestation problem.
>>
>>61546913
>Wild animals
>Innocent
Lmao
>>
>>61546886
If you won't eat them then feed to your dogs atleast.
>>
File: 1690215144424137.jpg (6 KB, 300x276)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>61547014
He's too spoiled. He won't eat them.
>>
>>61547014
Oh right I would have to cook it first.
>>
File: IMG_9893.jpg (179 KB, 1024x1024)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
>>61546886
What gun are you using?
I only shoot squirrels now if I intend to process the meat although reds, chipmunks, and destructive critters are on notice. I used to bury em or throw them in a brush pile.
PS -did you post on /pmg/?
>>
File: 1695932669670018.gif (234 KB, 415x289)
234 KB
234 KB GIF
>>61547204
see:>>61546704

Yea that was my gay ass on /pmg/ talking about air rifles. Didn't work so well there since it's not a firearm. But you already know that.
>>
>>61501215
That was my first air rifle. Good gun, swapped it for a PCP. Got another springer shortly after. Love me springies.
>>
>>61539671
Hatsan Velox is on pyramyd air now
>>
>>61547047
No you don't, infact vet reccomends to not feed cooked bones. They can eat the whole thing raw. Dogs can digest the bones easily as long as uncooked.
>>
File: 20240407_194949.jpg (2.26 MB, 3072x3801)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB JPG
>>61547032
Really? Both of mine love them and eat squirrel and collards pretty regularly.
>>
File: 1705449915093272.webm (671 KB, 678x512)
671 KB
671 KB WEBM
>>61547416
Yea really, he's a piece of work.
>>
>>61547434
It's ok. There's people like this too. Rare for dogs tho, even my neighbors Yorkie will get after squirrel, mice, whatever.
>>
File: 1700421299764146.png (1.06 MB, 1392x1267)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
>>61547741
Aren't Yorkies a terrier breed? Like they were rat dog for generations.
>>
>>61449656
lets say hypotheticaly would it be possible to create an custum airgun that as the power of a 50 bmg that would weight less then 110kg
>>
>>61548935
For 110kg you could probably make a light wheeled air cannon piece that throws some 2" slugs at the speed of sound with 50 BMG muzzle energy.
>>
>>61547416
Is that a fox squirrel? We don't get them in my neck of the woods
>>
>>61546704
I have the Gen 2 no iron sights. I like it a lot. I want the Gen 3 with irons and the comb height in your pic or at least this one >>61454489. Way higher than mine (Gen 2) and where it should be!
>>
>>61546704
Also I don't have much experience with Vortex scopes but I like my monocular. There's a weird pattern in the lens that gets caught by sun after a season of using it but I might just have to clean it; that thing's been in all weather strapped to my pack strap so I probably just have minerals and sweat dried on the lens. IDK if that Vortex is air rifle rated though; you should look into it! Also yes the scope that Gamo supplies with the Gen 2, at least, is shit. Totally plastic. I'd unironically rather they gave me good fiber optic irons and a good scope rail. I'm getting picky with scopes though as I really found out the need for durability and ability to keep zero even when bumped hard when hunting.

>>61546886
>don't want to eat them
Grey squirrels? Anon they're tree chicken. They taste really good honestly. Marinade them in olive or vegetable oil in the fridge in a bag for like 3-5 days. Throw some salt and pepper and garlic powder on them. Fry up in a pan with butter. Literally chicken flavor. Make chicken soup. Make dumplings. Great flavor.

>>61546950
Ooh, yeah that sucks. IDK if I'd want to eat squirrels that were eating a ton of plastic and junk either. And yes they do end up eating some of it as IIRC I saw some mouse shit the same color as my CAT 4/5 cable's jacket once. IIRCx2 they used peanut oil in the making of some jackets which is why they even chew it. What a retarded idea.

I didn't realize this thread hit bump limit; seriously can anyone actually remember the last time a fucking air rifle thread hit bump limit that didn't turn to total shit? A Spring(er) miracle.
>>61549438
>>61549438
>>61549438
>>61549438
>>61549438

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.