[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: dome'd.webm (2.56 MB, 480x848)
2.56 MB
2.56 MB WEBM
>iron dome in Acre destroys Iranian sea skimming missiles

fucking how?

with sound: https://files.catbox.moe/o1potg.mp4
>>
>>61481365
The missile was determined to not be a threat. These systems that need to preserve munitions are designed to protect targeted areas. Nobody cares if it falls in the sea. What that hit was a bird.
>>
>>61481365
>fucking how?
by hitting it
it's not invisible when flying over water
>>
>>61481365
>inb4 "le $2 million missile to destroy $100k missile waste of money!!!!1"
>>
semi related, I heard the tornado and f111 original doctrine of flying low is obsolete so I would imagine sea skimming is obsolete too
>>
See how close to the shore they were? They had been above the horizon for some time.
>>
>>61481365
nice camera work
>>
>>61481365
why did they decide to launch a missile at some random parking lot?
>>
>>61481444
It's not "obsolete" because it still minimizes detection time against modern SAMs and defeats older SAMs.
>>
>>61481458
Missiles are different to rockets because they can change course, just because they were headed towards a carpark doesn't mean they were going to continue until impact.
>>
>>61481471
>Iron Dome can't tell the difference between friendly and enemy fire
Radars have been able to "box" areas for decades, they can tell it to ignore everything in the grid they are bombing for 5 minutes.
>>
>>61481471
The speed and origin of a BM or cruise missile is completely different from a JDAM or artillery shell. Those radars can 'guess' what kind of target it's detecting in real time.
>>
>>61481365
Is there any reason to believe the targeting part isn’t the same as amazon’s pajeetAI? Just a bunch of jews doing the work remotely when shit’s going down?
>>
>>61481520
It's basic-bitch ballistic calculation, computers have been doing that shit since WW2.
>>
>>61481471
what kind of nonsense is this? how would iran strike anywhere in gaza? comeback to reality anon.
>>
>>61481533
>to threaten jews iran will show its might by slaughtering palestinians
>>
>>61481552
The only person they hurt in their last chimp-out was a random Arab Bedouin girl, so that's closer than you'd think.
>>
>>61481437
you're paying
>>
>>61481471
You are unironically retarded.
>>
>>61481444
Low-flying jet and sea-skimming missile are very different things.
>>
>>61481650
>Iran is bombing their ally to prevent their enemy from bombing them
>>
>>61481701
What ally? The strip has been decimated, they have better chance at hitting Israelis than hamas.
>>
>>61481738
There's two million Gazan citizens, minus around twenty to thirty thousand. I'd say that's a mite more than IDF personnel in the strip.
>>
>>61481766
Oh, so NOW you care about Gazans…
>>
>>61481650
I'm >>61481481 and hate the kikes, I think we should cut Israeli military aid and give it to Palestine.
I also live in reality where feels don't mean shit, Israel is going to continue their genocide with little more than nasty letters and radars can box areas.
>>
>>61481471
There's like 4 layers of retardation in this post.
>>
>>61481471
>the IDF pulled out of Gaza
wut
>>
>>61481444
There's a difference between doing the Topgun: Maverick trench run in every single mission with a pilot you need to come back and an unmanned weapon spending 99% of the time snaking around away from defenses and only needing to make it through the last 30 seconds.
>>
>>61481471
1. idf did not pull out of gaza
2. the idf can definitely tell the difference between different projectles
3.you're a retard. for the sake of this earth don't have kids
>>
>>61481365

Space lasers.
>>
>>61481365
Magical western tech
>>
>>61481437
>le $2 million missile to destroy $100k
for jews it's $0 missile
>>
>>61483430
What a coincidence, for the Iranians it's also a $0 missile.
>>
>>61483430
As it should be
>>
File: 3-14.4.24.jpg (78 KB, 590x720)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>61481987
I don't think that map reflects the situation right now. The Israeli military think-tank BESA is saying the IDF has withdrawn most of its forces from Gaza, including those in the Khan Yunis area. At present, the only permanent Israeli presence is along a line separating the northern Gaza Strip and Gaza City from the rest of the Gaza Strip (I'm assuming that's along the red line in the map, and depicted here as a box).

>>61481471
That's not the reason for the pullout. I'm not sure what the true reason is, but I suspect the Israelis want to create a situation where they're not occupying Gaza exactly but have the freedom of action to maneuver in there whenever they want. So, if they sense Hamas is reorganizing in a particular area, they suddenly blitz into the area (basically conduct large raids) and smash it and then withdraw again. The last major raid was at Shifa Hospital, they also conducted one in Khan Yunis, and a few other places.
>>
>>61481650
>disagree and provide reasons
>must be JIDF
back to /pol/
>>
>>61484937
>At present, the only permanent Israeli presence is along a line separating the northern Gaza Strip and Gaza City from the rest of the Gaza Strip

They haven't withdrawn, but they've reversed the mass-mobilization to keep their morale and economy in good shape

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.