[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: peanut.webm (1.5 MB, 360x640)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB WEBM
if your training doesn't include simulated malfunctions, you WILL die
>>
Well, my training includes cardio
>>
>>61486304
It is good to train for malfunctions though?
>>
>>61486304
This is why I only use swords, a well forged sword will not fail you in battle
>>
>>61486304
hes a fat little fucker
>>
>>61486304
it'd be better to get duds and just randomly load them in the magazines
that way the trainee won't see it coming
>>
>>61486304
>Gut hangs over a fuckin assault belt
NGMI
>>
>>61486304
wanna know something spooky OP? if your training does include simulated malfunctions, you WILL ALSO die
>>
>>61486304
That fucker should be running on a treadmill not practicing malfunctions.
>>
>>61486410
Well, what are you going to do if a malfunction happens and you haven’t trained for it?
>>
Tap rack bang
>>
>>61486304
why dont people ever duck down fully behind cover when doing reloads or clearing malfunctions in training? sure you cant see them, but you should know where an enemy is at all the time and know when they're moving based on hearing aswell
>>61486729
i agree, duds are usually the best, but i would also include objects that fit in the magazine but cant properly feed, i've had malfunctions where the extractor doesnt properly catch on the casing and it stovepipes, requiring me to hold the bolt back and try to jiggle it out of the action or remove the magazine
>>
>>61486304
has he considered the malfunction of his cardiovascular system?
>>
>>61488803
>why dont people ever duck down fully behind cover
That dude couldn't even if he wanted.
Fatasses are always so funny in what they are doing vs. what they think they can do.
>>
File: 1697021527136572.jpg (47 KB, 640x537)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
damn I was hoping this could take off, nice little training oriented thread. Oh well
>>
>>61493749
It's an imageboard axiom to not start a thread with an image more interesting than the OP post, especially when the OP ist some low-effort inflammatory shitpost.
>>
>>61486304
Why
>>
>>61493749
Zebras don't live in a jungle.
>>
We’re all gonna die anyway, fag
>>
>>61493749
kek
>>
>>61486729
Yeah if you had 2-3 rounds at random points in the magazine that were dummies or duds, it'd be a lot more effective than angling some retard-stick over like that
>>
>>61495464
That's what the military does they just use a blank. It won't cycle the weapon without the bfa attached to block the barrel. No bullet so all the gas just goes poof out the end it never builds pressure in the barrel. But that's dummy simple qualification stuff to hide a blank in a mag to watch someone clear a malfunction of course you need to know how to clear it.

What can be quite valuable for weapon skill is when you run around doing fire and maneuver type drills with blank ammunition you are almost guaranteed to get every kind of malfunction you can imagine at some point because blanks suck ass and get pretty good at clearing them on the move etc
>>
>>61495464
Using a blank randomly in mag tho you'll get simple failure to extract. He's trying to use the retard stick to cause double feeds and all kinds of funny to occur. Can't say I've ever seen that stick before. But yeah shoot enough blanks and you will see all kinds of weird shit happen to your rifle. Safe too when some retard buddies want to play soldier and run around each other firing (young infantrymen also fit this category) or having live enemy simulate a contact
>>
>>61488289
Do the wrong procedure and make the jam worse.

>I'm self-taught
>>
>>61496080
My instructors would use a clipboard or roll of paper, sometimes just a pen. You don't need some fancy German stick, and it is common in any type of extended training for them to use this method along with randomly loading dummy rounds into your mag. When you use Glock and AR finicky trash you need to train for failures every time you shoot. That's the actual reason failure drills are so heavily incorporated into training schools now, I'd say about 30% of my police academy gun training was failure shit and that's because our shitty plastic pistols and aircraft rifles fail so much.
>>
>>61488803
>>61486729
I always thought everyone doing serious drills did that. Like training mags having inert/underpowered and sticky/deformed rounds. But I rarely see it irl
>>
>>61496276
you severely underestimate how little foresight people truly have
also, i find that what i plan to do at the range and what i actually wind up doing often end up completely different since the fun i'm having in the moment makes me forget what i wanted to train
>>
>>61496252
I never saw the method in the military myself, we all became experts in weapon drills by the way of a million shitty blanks. I've seen double feeds so fucked you needed to stick a knife in the ejection port and pry them out with blanks. This was with steyr aug. In that rifle with its quick change barrel I found it was easier to pull the barrel out a bit and the problem would be cleared the rounds would get pulled out against the stock as the barrel moved. We called this kind of shit bush drills and they weren't on the books as far as methods to clear malfunctions but that's how many times you'll have to clear them shooting blanks you even come up with new methods. I think that's in some ways more of a feature than a bug

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.