[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Minmos blasta.jpg (661 KB, 1699x1114)
661 KB
661 KB JPG
What does /k/ think about painting your guns. I wanted to make my ugly ass Hipoint look ugly in a differnet way. Go with heavy wear SOF 80's throwback aesthetic, or the typical tacticool camo LARP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAeSKtluE-c

Please post your paintjobs, philosophy on custom jobs, and the horrible curse image paintjobs of others.
>>
looks stupidly useless
>>
File: 1709291784418523.jpg (20 KB, 400x400)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>61487547
>Giving your gun edge highlights to make it read more clearly as a gun.
Kek
>>
>>61487547
Sure, fuck it. Who cares what you do with your Hi Point Carbine. If you want to do it, do it.
>>
>>61487547
Big gay unless you're wearing a ghillie suit and being spoopy.
>>
>>61487622
I still have to drybrush and wash it with Nuln Oil
>>
>>61487622
>>61487695
jej
>>
File: 1708868702706700.gif (350 KB, 549x376)
350 KB
350 KB GIF
>>61487695
>Not using Enamels, streaking grime and Q-tips to artificially weather it.
Pathetic.
>>
>>61487547
>What does /k/ think about painting your guns
I don't think it lasts very well normally so wouldn't do it to anything nice vs a cerakote or even vinyl decals which at least are easy to swap later, but I think customizing the look of stuff how you want is based so go for it.
>>61487622
>yeah tactical advantage totally is critical to me the rando civvie gun owner
Another based thing about painting is it does separate you from retarded larpers like this faggot. The first rule of firearms ownership is to have fun.
>>
>>61487547
>What does /k/ think about painting your guns.
I am a big fan of it
I paint all of my detachable magazine fed semi auto guns with the rust o leum camo paint
I usually do some kind of camouflage pattern that I make up as I go
when the paint wears off I simply paint again
>>
>>61487547
your cat is looking to bury that turd
>>
>>61490940
My cat is the one who painted it though.
>>
>>61487547
We've finally looped back around to just becoming Nutnfancy, huh?
>>
>>61487547
I may paint my Raptor rail for my RDB, though so it matches the rest of the gun, but I don't think that's really what's at question here. no, I wouldn't do up-decorating of my guns like that.
>>
>>61487547
spec ops do it
>>
>I wanted to make my ugly ass Hipoint look ugly in a differnet way.
It's a hi point. Go nuts.
>>
if you arent reselling it, may as well paint it. sets you apart from the leos and military who dont own the weapons they shoot. this weekend im busting out the rattlecans and putting on a new coat, especially since the flashlight and the charging handle are still black. tans and light browns im thinking :)
cant attatch pic bc its too big. will post when i get home
>>
>>61487547
Depends why and what the end result looks like. However, much like tattoos, it's almost always bad. To everyone else it will be a negative, decrease value and probably not turn out how you wanted.
Generally, a good paint job is one where nobody even realizes you painted it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.