[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>Mig 25
>no cannon/gun
>tiny control surfaces relative to the plane so not maneuverable
>literally the closest jet visually to a flying brick
>americans saw this and were shook to their core which led them to make the f15
There's no fucking way it wasn't just the MIC hyping up the soviets to fleece the US out of taxpayer money.
>>
Do you people come from youtube or something? Why is there this sudden obsession over the MiG-25? Did you all watch the same lazerpig video or something?
>>
File: 1691447653654311.jpg (51 KB, 633x350)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>61488374
This story's been common knowledge for a while
>>
>>61488374
The "MiG-25 made the US make best fighter evar XD" line has been pervasive, it's just been filtering down the usual flow of popularity
>>
>>61488390
It's been knowledge for literally decades. I was here talking about it 10 years ago. What, in particular, has caused you retards to all have this exact same AMEIRCA STRONK MIC F-15 MIG-25 HAHAHAHA obsession and the desire to post it here?
>>
Because for a time it had a higher altitude then other fighters and was invincible sort of
>>
When all you have is a basic silhouette of the MiG-25, and possibly a badly drawn one that makes it look better, no shit it can scare the fuck out of you. The USA took every absurd Soviet claim seriously, or used it as a convenient excuse to lobby Congress for funding, but the MiG-25 legitimately scared some. Of course, once the USA got their hands on a working example later, it was realized their fears were overblown. But yeah, this is all common knowledge.
>>
>>61488364
The MiG 23 with a maximum speed of M4.5 was even worse imo...
>>
File: 1653885460802.jpg (17 KB, 400x400)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>61488364
>nation A makes cool new weapon
>nation A make all kinds of wild claims
>nation B see claims
>nation B build cool new weapon based exceeding nation A's wild claims
>>
>>61488436
Fuck off chat gpt
>>
>>61488554
t. non-knower
back in the day before the F-15A was adopted, some fighter mafia/reformer retards upsold the capabilities of the MiG-23 to a hilarious degree, including the claim that it could fly at Mach 4.5 as the other anon among other things. They also believed that a newer Soviet aircraft, more capable than the fictionalized version of the MiG-23 in their heads would be commissioned and mass produced within the decade.
Needless to say, they were wrong.
>>
>>61488364
They thought the big fuckoff wings and engines made it capable of manoeuvring effectively at high altitude.
They didn't know that the damn thing was made of heavy-ass steel rather than the usual lightweight aviation-grade metals, or that the engines were dogshit, and the wings were that big just to get the fat fuck off the ground.
>>
File: Pierre_Sprey.jpg (14 KB, 220x295)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>61488364
Fun fact: MiG-25 was only Iraqi plane that had air to air kills against US in Gulf War and burger pilot didn't even see what hit him.
>>
>>61488374
It's the new reddit meme on the same tier as "le brrrrrrtt xdd". It's the most surface level knowledge that people regurgitate so they can pretend they are knowledgable on a topic.
>>
File: f-15 cope.jpg (262 KB, 830x1107)
262 KB
262 KB JPG
>>61488554
>>61488665
Here, found the retarded journal page.
>>
File: 1713767106520816.png (92 KB, 279x277)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
>>61488702
fun fact: over a hundred russian warplanes have been destroyed in the last two years. 100 American warplanes have not been destroyed in the last 50 years.
>>
File: PXL_20230310_025936508.jpg (615 KB, 2016x1512)
615 KB
615 KB JPG
>>61488710
>It's the most surface level knowledge that people regurgitate so they can pretend they are knowledgable on a topic.
I read Belenko's book as a kid in the 1990s. Highly recommended. The dude's a legend. Was really sad when I found out he died last year.
>>
>>61488364
That's the difference between the US defense industry and third world defense industry. We hype our enemies' capabilities so that we over prepare and build better shit. Russia hypes their own shit until confronted with the reality that it doesn't work.

For how many years did we hear "le monkey model tank" when discussing T-72s and T-64s? Now that even Ivans sre getting BTFO'd, not just sand monkey's, the russiaboos have resorted to saying that only East Germans could hace properly used Soviet equipment.

Fucking pathetic.
>>
>>61488714
From reading this, I believe the writer simply mixed up the MiG-23 and MiG-25. He calls each Soviet plane by the Soviet designation of its predecessor. He calls the Foxbat 'MiG-23', and call the Flagon A 'Su-11'.
- IIRC they thought the MiG-25 could go Mach 3.4 because there was some kind of Soviet drone that was tracked moving that fast, and US intelligence conveniently assumed it was a MiG-25.
- The performance figures are likely guesses based on the assumption it was made from titanium and aluminium, instead of steel.
- The 'reliable experience curve' may well have been valid up to that point, even though we now know it to be a massive pile of bullshit.
- The Flagon data is actually pretty accurate.
It's bad, but overall, it's not as bad as your recollection, i.e. that the MiG-23 was already a Mach 4.5 aircraft and faster planes were on the way.
Further, I don't see how the Fighter Mafia can be blamed for this article. Boyd fought to make the F-15 slower and more maneuverable, and less of a pure interceptor. The article is pushing for speed and altitude, i.e. it's anti-Boyd.
>>
>>61488364
Why is it every picture of the MiG-25 it's so filthy like it's covered in industrial airplane grease and Ivan forgot to ever maintain it?
>>
File: IMG_6045.jpg (23 KB, 419x532)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>61489199
Thats because soviet ls and now russian are still stuck in 1824 mindset that cleaning is a womans job and if they have nobody lower forced to do it, they just dont, its a typical subhuman criminal gulag mentality pervasive to a degenerate species
>>
>>61488364
>There's no fucking way it wasn't just the MIC hyping up the soviets to fleece the US out of taxpayer money.

We went from getting entirely new models of planes very few years to building an overmatch fighter that's undefeated in aerial combat for 50 years. Seems like the opposite of what you're saying.
>>
>>61488364
Da comrade, is fine
Tack weld sheet metal to jet engine
Pilot seat? Co-pilot seat?
Rudders? Ailerons? What is this bougie mind set?
Politburo says mach 3, it go mach 3
>>
>>61489198
Soviets didn't have a drone capable of Mach 3.4. The closets was a Tupolev with the same engine as the MiG 25 but limited to Mach 2.5.
Their only air-breathing aircraft that could go that fast was a supersonic cruise missile cancelled in the 50s and the Krug SAM, but is to mistake it because with an interceptor given its very limited flight time (<60 sec)
>>
>>61489268
A rocket-powered drone? In any case, I cannot recall any details.
>>
>>61489268
but it's impossible to*
>>
>>61489290
Explain exactly what funds would go to some JIDF propaganda effort, anon.
>>
>>61489296
Why is it that if Russian pilots are so experienced, Russia can’t achieve air superiority in a third world shithole with worse aircraft?
>>
>>61488395
Active war where sovblock equipment can be seen getting its shit rocked.
>>
>>61489356
So you're tourists cheerleading for your favorite team, yes, we know this. But why are you spouting this stupid shit? Do you know, practically, how a MiG-25 would be used in the era or how it would be used now?
>>
>>61488364
One of the premier interceptors of the era and a tactical recon bird that was untouchable by anything other than an F-15.
>>
File: 20240408_201108.jpg (160 KB, 700x922)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
>no cannon/gun
How would they know this from satellite pictures?
And why would it really matter? The F-4, the US premier fighter at the time, didn't have a gun either.

>tiny control surfaces relative to the plane so not maneuverable
Not true at all, it has a very large all moving tail and two big vertical stabilisers

>literally the closest jet visually to a flying brick
The silhouette is visually similar to the F-15, it's clearly mostly (massive) engines with decent sized wings, which is what convinced analysts that it was an unprecedented high performance fighter.

The reason that the MiG-25 was underwhelming compared to US expectations was that it was made entirely of steel as a measure to help manage thermal loads, as opposed to much lighter aluminium alloy like a conventional fighter.
This made it very heavy compared to it's size resulting in much higher wing loading and much lower thrust to weight than they judged from satellite photos.

The MiG-25 as a result had pretty terrible energy and handling characteristics as a fighter, but the Soviets had only intended for it to be an ultra high speed interceptor.
>>
>>61489387
What do you mean 'you' nigger, you asked a question and I answered. People can watch missiles launched from S-400s circle back and hit their own launchers on mainstream news. This deeply affects how people think about soviet and russian equipment.
>>
>>61488395
Get off internet every once in a while then you stupid nigger.
>>
>>61488364
Nobody thought the MiG-25 was being made out of steel. By the 1960s everyone was using Duralumin and if the -25 was made of Duralumin it would have run rings around the F-4 Phantoms.
>>
>>61489585
Based effortposter
>>
>>61488455
kek. This is happening right now with china and russia. They both keep making outrageous claims of their new weapons like the J-20 and PL-15. Now the US is building crazy long range missles for the NGAD when the chink shit probably doesn't even work.
>>
>>61490533
The mig-25 and mig-31 are both nickel-steel alloy. The russians are very proud of their steel production and say they make the best steel in the world.
>>
>>61488395
>>61488374
>>61488710
Typical communigger public dilation
>>
>>61488364
>>61488419
>>61489198
NATO saw some satellite footage of one going Mach 5, and they thought that was the cruising speed. In reality it was a test flight and you can’t run the plane like that for long without damaging the engines.
>>
File: file.png (10 KB, 371x38)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>61488364
Reformers had a lot of strange ideas about aircraft development back then.

>>61488714
beat me to it
>>
>>61490846
>mach 5
yeah, no. It's under mach3 and can do so for 30 seconds with full afterburners.

where the fuck do you people get your information.
>>
>>61490666
Checked satan
>>
>>61490893
>can do so for 30 seconds with full afterburners
According to western media. Most of that is probably just made up by CIA to make plane look bad or whatever.
>>
>>61488364
To be fair, you can't see how maneuverable it is, or that it's made of fucking stainless steel from space.
They saw a very big, very fast plane and shit themselves.
>>
>>61488720
thanks for the deboooooooooooooooonk faggot!
wouldnt want anyone to get the idea Russia is capable of success right!?
>>
>>61489153
lol how did the abrams do in ukraine?
challenger?
leopard?
>>
>>61491878
>Russia is capable of success
Everything is capable of success. That doesn't mean success is likely in the fucking slightest.
Also, you're crediting Soviet achievements during the last era where they had parity with the West to the Russian Federation in the year of our lord 2024.
>inb4 "i was talking about mugh desert storm"
You must be 18+ to post here.
>>
File: T90M delete.webm (3.52 MB, 640x360)
3.52 MB
3.52 MB WEBM
>>61491890
*Significantly* better than the daily occurrence that is webmrelated.
Or have there been Western MBTs patrolling around in actual turtle-shell barns covering them?
>>
>>61491763
I mean, the SR-71 regularly outran MiG-25s so they can't be that fast.
>>
>>61491763
>Country flips shit overhyping the utility of an aircraft so hard it makes the F-15
>Same country suddenly decides to "make plane look bad or whatever" by undermining the reason they were flipping shits in the first place.
>Only conveniently *after* Belenko gives them an intact copy to analyze piece-by-piece.
>They certainly didn't get a full clarification of its capabilities when they disassembled and analyzed (literally) every single nut, bolt, screw, rivet, and facet.
Thirdies should be tested before they're given access to the internet.
>>
>>61489261
Titanium? No comrade it is the metal of degenerate west, we use the metal of choice of comrade Stalin.
>>
>>61491763
For full-AB at high speed the engines needed MW injection to cool the compressor. Those engines originally were designed to work at Mach 2.5 (also that's why the compression ratio is so low).
And most supersonic aircraft actually can't fly above Mach 2 continuously even if their max speed is 2.3-2.7. The SR71 was an exception because it could use a special fuel and the fuel tanks to cool other parts.
>>
>>61491763
According to soviet pilots, lol. In regular service Mig-25 was limited to M2.8 because going further irreversibly trashed the engines. The stunt over Israel in the 60s was incredibly risky for the life of the pilot doing it, and did nothing but aggravate the abhorrent backwardness of soviet aircraft.
>>
>>61492153
Many aircraft are limited by their canopy melting in terms of sustained top speed. I know the F-15 and the Su-27 are, and certainly many more.
>>
>>61491965
>*Significantly* better than the daily occurrence that is webmrelated
may I see proof?

I dont think I saw one, not one video of a challenger, leopard or abrams getting a kill of anykind
in fact, from either side, the only thing I have seen tanks do is drive then explode.
thats it
>>
>>61492085
shit brain retarded, truly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw8eTbsb3XA
>>
>>61492250
>in fact, from either side, the only thing I have seen tanks do is drive then explode.
Webmrelated
>I dont think I saw one, not one video of a challenger, leopard or abrams
I've seen and saved footage of at least one Leopard (2A5, I believe) shooting at and definitely annihilating something in the distance, I can't be assed to find it. We also know for a fact Russian's have scored tank kills using their own tanks, this isn't news to anyone that's actually been following the war. Or do you think both sides having large numbers of tanks in theater means the chances they'll eventually shoot one another is impossible?
Are you sure you're not a tourist?
>may I see proof?
May you post for me the number of knocked out western tanks that suffered catastrophic damage compared to the ones that look mostly intact with hatches open?
May you post the Western (or Ukrainian, in general) tanks that have *literal steel sheds* covering them because of how often *and* how catastrophically they get annihilated? Or are you seriously arguing that Soviet tanks are jussasgud in survivability compared to Western designs?
>>
>>61492250
>>61492353
Forgot the webm
>>
File: 1403668578599.gif (1.29 MB, 329x232)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB GIF
>>61492364
>That perfect pillar of flame
>>
>>61492353
im arguing both sides tanks are equally shit, and both sides lost THOUSANDS of tanks that appear to do little else but drive, then get blown up, at least as far as what makes it on vidya
>>
>>61488364
>>americans saw this and were shook to their core which led them to make the f15
no, it's because it flew over israel and the jews started shitting themselves so america had to act quick to calm their masters
>>
>>61492413
>no, it's because it flew over israel and the jews started shitting themselves so america had to act quick to calm their masters
^precisely the reason $31billion in aide passed the house 72hrs after Irans "nothing-burger attack" on israel
>>
>>61492402
>THOUSANDS
Proof of 1000+ Ukrainian tanks lost? Or are you trying to be cute and lump Ukraine's couple of hundred tank losses to the amount Russia, alone has lost. For perspective, Russia has in two years lost more tanks than every NATO power has in inventory, excluding the US.
>at least as far as what makes it on vidya
>"I unironically believe all facts about warfare are documented on video camera."
>>
>>61492477
>Proof of 1000+ Ukrainian tanks lost?
lmfao, round #900000000000000000000001 of gibs-me-dats, and youre over here telling me ukraine has only lost a few hundred "tanks"

ahah^ great,
so the aide can end! finally!

>>61492477
>Russia has in two years lost more tanks than every NATO power has in inventory, excluding the US.
so what like 36 or something?
>>
>>61492477
kek it's the old vatnik thinking of "they're just as bad as us do not worry"
>>
>>61492486
>lmfao, round #900000000000000000000001 of gibs-me-dats, and youre over here telling me ukraine has only lost a few hundred "tanks"
Literally a sub-retarded non-sequitur on a few different levels. Congratulations, it's actually a fairly impressive artform.
>ahah^ great,
>so the aide can end! finally!
The aid will continue. I'm sorry this is happening to you.
>so what like 36 or something?
So you believe Russia has lost only ~36 tanks?
>>
>>61492487
>its just the old nato thinking of "we're an alien tech civ, 50-100yrs+ ahead of Russia/China (insert desert_storm.webm)
>>
File: RussiaWillNever.webm (2.86 MB, 854x480)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB WEBM
>>61492512
>(insert desert_storm.webm)
NTA but since you asked.
When can we expect Russia to into something Western forces pulled off 30 years ago?
>>
>>61492508
>So you believe Russia has lost only ~36 tanks?
no you said Russia lost more tanks than the totality of nato combined, so I surmised this must be approximately ~36 or so MBT's

nato isnt really known for having modern military gear
>>
>>61492522
>When can we expect Russia to into something Western forces pulled off 30 years ago?
Never, because they won't have to. Russian-backed multi-bipolar world disorder will ensure peace for one thousand years.
>>
>>61492522
fuck yah^

its like playing the VHS of "the big game" back in higschool over and over again, when youre a fat, bald divorced alcoholic car salesmen in his late 40's
>>
>>61492543
>no you said Russia lost more tanks than the totality of nato combined
No I said Russia has lost more tanks than every NATO power has in inventory, excluding the US. The US alone has almost 5,000 MBTs, alone, all of them Abrams, half of which are in storage. That's only tanks, not including armored vehicles, of which the US has some ~10,000 in storage alone.
NATO forces excluding the US have more than 36 tanks. You could surmise that fact by the fact that Russia has lost well over 36 tanks.
>nato isnt really known for having modern military gear
Dialing your shitposting up to 11 won't undo how utterly retarded you've looked this whole thread.
>>
>>61492556
>fat, bald divorced alcoholic car salesmen in his late 40's
I thought we were talking about the US not russia.
>its like playing the VHS of "the big game" back in higschool over and over again
Oh, we are talking about russia.
>>
>>61492577
>No I said Russia has lost more tanks than every NATO power has in inventory
so like....36?? is this some kind of logic-trick game?

>>61492577
>NATO forces have more than 36 tank
may I see proof?

I mean, nato isnt thirdie, they went "air" over ground...right?
>>
>>61492584
ha, good thing you debooooooooooonked that post, I started sweating....I almost thought Russia was good and actually kind of powerful.... but *WHEW* that deboooooooonk came in like a wrecking-ball, and sorted out my diseased vatnik moment i was having
>>
>>61488702
>and burger pilot didn't even see what hit him
>"as-Sammarai was forced into evasive maneuvers to avoid Hehemann's missile. As-Sammarai's missile damaged Hehemann's left engine, but his F-15 remained flyable"
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samurra_Air_Battle#cite_note-Cooper1-1

Why must all turd-worlders constantly lie?
>>
>>61492595
>logic-trick game?
You won the gold medal.
>may I see proof?
Germany: ~295 MBTs in service, all Leopard 2A5 to 2A7 spec.
Bongland: ~213 Challenger 2s in service
Poland: ~550 MBTs of various modern makes, with ~110 in storage
France: 215 Leclercs in service
These I would tentatively call the major powers in NATO, excluding the US, and they have a total of at least 1,383 tanks (I definitely missed some that are in storage for some nations).
>1,383 is a number higher than 36.

>I mean, nato isnt thirdie, they went "air" over ground...right?
I have no idea what this is trying to say.
>>
File: gud.png (303 KB, 750x1000)
303 KB
303 KB PNG
>>61492603
Glad we got this sorted.
>>
>>61492595
oh look bagshitter is having another stroke
>>
>>61488395
r/noncredibledefense basically regurgitated a lot of pro-US memetics you've seen before.
You are used to seeing it organically, now you're just witnessing Eternal Summer with all the new kids learning about the MIC at around the same time.
>>
File: Promoted to Cosmonaut.webm (2.79 MB, 1280x720)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB WEBM
>>61492487
>"they're just as bad as us do not worry"
It's the funniest thing about them, really. There really are just people out there incapable of not projecting their inadequacies onto everyone else around them.
>"If I'm shitty, it only makes sense that everyone is like me. How could they possibly be *that* different???"
>>61492549
Only TZD can bring that kind of lasting serenity, anon.
>>61492383
One of the cleanest non-drone tank kills filmed in the war, right up there with >>61491965 and webmrelated.
>>
>>61488702
>burger pilot didn't even see what hit him.
80% of air to air kills involve the pilot being shot down not being aware he's being targeted.
Even the Red Baron himself said his flight instructor always told him to come from above and behind, and preferably with the sun at his back so that if the enemy did check his 6s, the sun's brightness would make it harder to see an incoming aircraft.
This is the weakest fucking flex you could add to that post.
>>
>>61490846
Mach 5 is the point we consider hypersonic - where conventional air flight physics go out the window as you turn the incoming air into plasma. The MiG-25 did not reach Mach 5 lol
>>
>>61492746
airmen assemble!

>>61492766
ha thanks for debooooooooooonking that little post for us, for a second there Russia looked strong, and the US very weak, but you corrected the record, and now everyone knows the it is, in fact, the US who is very strong, and Russia who is weak!
>thank you!
>>
>>61492766
>This is the weakest fucking flex you could add to that post.
Anon, thirdies are absolutely blown away and tickled pink by the most baseline, obvious, and/or incidental things when it comes to militaria.
He's the same type that would go on and on about F-4 Phantoms getting a run for their money in close-range dogfights, but won't know shit about the retarded RoE that made that a thing in the first place.
>>
>>61491763
May i see the NATO footage of soviet anything going mach 5? Or is it only in your shitskin schizoid delusions?
>>
>>61492781
>The MiG-25 did not reach Mach 5 lol
may we see proof?
>>
>>61492795
NTA but see >>61492666
>>
>>61488364
don't care looks cool
>>
>>61492795
can you do anything but vomit buzzwords, bagshitter? there's no shill spammer lower than you on this website, pajeets included.
>>
>>61492801
Can you provide proof that an airbreathing conventional bomber interceptor was routinely going mach 5? Do you know how fast Mach 5 is?
>>
>>61492809
Dude this guy is clearly legitimately mentally unwell. He's trying to troll but has such little clue how retarded he looks to his targets that he can't tell he's become the entertainment.
>>
>>61492809
>*incoherent brown airmen seething intensifies*

>>61492813
>Can you provide proof that an airbreathing conventional bomber interceptor was routinely going mach 5? Do you know how fast Mach 5 is?
my dad works for Mig-25 and I literally got to see it happen first hand, I rode in the back seat even
>>
>>61492795
Also I see you've abandoned making an ass of yourself on tanks, but I'm happy to inform you that you might be even more retarded on air power.
>>
>>61492830
>"I've lost control completely and look extremely retarded. I know, I'll just pretend I was trolling all along."
>>
>>61492837
>>61492846
lmfao, what seething baltic country are you from to have your pissy, shitty little attitude all the time?

its like you actually have your emotions invested in the big crimean beach party™ or something
>>
>>61492796
My biggest pet peeve with the Phantom's record is that it was initially losing because Phantoms stuck escorting bombing raids would get picked off by high speed hit-and-run ambushes, so close range dogfighting wasn't even the issue.
When Phantoms started flying in bomber formation to bait the ambush and surprised the MiG pilots with a fighter only counter-ambush, their kill ratio improved.
By the time the USAF finally dealt with the lack of radar coverage the ambushes became nearly impossible to pull off.
>>
>>61492854
>what seething baltic country are you from
None. But it's nice to have a better idea of where you're from.
>its like you actually have your emotions invested
(You) are a funny guy, anon.
>>
>>61492854
>goes from calling you an airman to someone from the baltics
Fucking classic helmetard. Have you bathed yet? Pretty sure those airmen can smell you from kansas
>>
>>61492857
Absolutely true. The issues Phantoms faced could always best be boiled down to bad tactics, but that's a shitty cover-all term that always hides the details. There were serious lessons to be learned and we learned them. Once we did, it was hardly a contest.
>>
>>61492865
I can only muse about who my pen pals *really* are
but given the inexplicably angry, pissy, unwarranted aggressive attitude, my assumption was "its a balt" or an "airmen stationed in baltganda"
>>
>>61492865
>helmetard
Ah, okay this makes more sense. This is the weird fuck that's always going on and on about F-22s and helmets and shit. I stand by my earlier post. He's clearly not all there in the head.
>>
>>61492877
>There were serious lessons to be learned and we learned them. Once we did, it was hardly a contest.
all it took was 761 phantom shoot downs to learn!
bargain even!
>>
>>61492635
Dirkas are required by the guy they worship to lie to their enemies, it's considered moral to them.
>>
>>61492881
Shit, you got us. I'm at Ft. Meade right now, and I can confirm us, the boys over in Langley, and the JIDF are inside your computer and *always* laugh at what you fap to.
>>
>>61492881
>but given the inexplicably angry, pissy, unwarranted aggressive attitude
have you ever looked in the mirror?
>>
File: Sockpuppetard.gif (247 KB, 200x113)
247 KB
247 KB GIF
>>61492891
>>61492865
>>
>>61492897
What your country doesn't have the money to lose not only that many Phantoms, Skyhawks, F-105s, and even B-52w, but even straight up dump whole, perfectly functioning gunships off a flight deck and into the sea, and then come back *16 years later* and do webmrelated in >>61492522?
Also, many of those losses were due to surface fire at a time when that was actually a real problem, not air-to-air.

Or are you going to say SA-2s were secretly MiG-25s in drag?
>>
>>61492906
Stop posting your weird fetish porn, I told you we know what you fap to.
>>
>>61492897
>all it took was 761 phantom shoot downs to learn!
>>61492556
>its like playing the VHS of "the big game" back in higschool over and over again when youre a fat, bald divorced alcoholic car salesmen in his late 40's
Pottery.
>>
File: disproven_.png (14 KB, 805x198)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>61492897
Considering that US hadn't failed a SEAD operation once since that time, i'd say it's a good deal.
>>
>>61492962
right on, when does the 2023 volume of container-max shipping get restored in the the suez?
cant you SEAD Yemen into the face-down-ass-up position?
>>
>>61492973
I don't see Yemen having any air defenses so we can conclude that the SEAD operation was successful even without US showing up.
>>
kek Yemen is not Russia, they can't afford to use S-300 to hit surface targets.
>>
>>61492982
what a bout SEAD+?
>"Suppression of Enemy Air Drones"
??
>>
>>61493003
This is called missile defense and it's the most expensive way to go about it. If you want an effective way to deal with it you have to strike at the source.
>>
>>61492906
>helmettard seething again
wew lad, always a joy to run into this perpetually angry little pinprick.
even having a bad day, mine couldn't possibly be worse than yours, sort of makes me feel better, in a way.
>>
>>61492543
This vattranny is not serious
>>
What did the Ukies blow up today to make this vatnik seethe so hard
>>
File: 1697855165068800.jpg (3.54 MB, 4000x3000)
3.54 MB
3.54 MB JPG
>>61492756
My most favorite is still this one
https://youtu.be/6fGyCHgUOYc?si=tjoRsxrd4-Vd6WGm
>>
>>61488364
I will always love this plane for dabbing over Moroccan airspace for decades
>>
File: My God.gif (3.31 MB, 498x280)
3.31 MB
3.31 MB GIF
>>61493590
>The size of that blast
>The cinematic fiery orange
>My god. Look at that upward velocity and hangtime
>>
>>61493524
Nothing I can think of specifically (that's dropped anyway). I think it's the aid and ATACMS buzz still making ziggers seethe. Apparently it somehow legitimately caught a lot of Z-types off guard, it's like they actually credulously swallow everything out of the shitty Western media they claim to despise.
>>
>>61492973
>Yemen
>This level of grasping at straws
wewlad.
>>
>>61492897
Most shootdowns were surface to air, not air to air.
>>
>>61493590
0:11 Weeeeeee!
>>
>>61492877
People really do overlook the tactics. F-4s were forbidden to fight BVR out of fears they would shoot a friendly or civilian.
>>
>>61493024
>If you want an effective way to deal with it you have to strike at the source.
and how did that go?
did Yemen get *glassed* or what?

>>61493091
you sound pissy and depressed, like a dude forced to post here because its his *job*

>>61493818
haha, so when does the container-max volume go back to 2023 levels

>>61493921
same difference

>>61493957
>F-4s were forbidden to fight BVR out of fears they would shoot a friendly or civilian.
its because the missile couldnt hit the broadside of a barn unless it was a 5-alarm barn fire, for like the first 10 years
>>
>>61493750
>dabbed
what you're talking about?
>>
>>61494677
>its because the missile couldnt hit the broadside of a barn unless it was a 5-alarm barn fire, for like the first 10 years
Most early problem with missiles was range, but not in the sense of excessive, but insufficient range.
The same missiles that didn't work in Vietnam worked pretty well in Taiwan 10 years before.
The difference was ROC wasn't dogfighting with their missiles like the USAF in Vietnam. The same applies to SARH missiles, SAMs worked pretty from very long range even during the 50s but AAM and SAMs failed a lot during Vietnam for similar reasons as heat homing missiles.
>>
>>61488710
>>61488374
>NOOOOOO YOU CAN'T TALK ABOUT RUSSIAN FAILURES AND INCOMPETENCE! THAT'S REDDIT NOOOOOO!
>>
>>61494677
>unless it was a 5-alarm barn fire
Why would a radar guided missile need a target to be a "5-alarm barn fire?" Why do you try to talk authoritatively about things of which you have a very poor understanding?
>>
>>61492635
>Why must all turd-worlders constantly lie?
It's all they have
>>
>>61488364
>complaining about taxpayer money
>spend on fucking weapons systems
WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU ARE FAGGOT?
>>
>>61488364
And that's a good thing!
>>
>>61491878
>Russia is capable of success
>Iraqi pilot
>>
>>61492635
He's probably referring to that F-18 that was official shot down by a SAM but may have been shot down by a MiG-25 according to his wingman
>>
>>61488702
what does emperor palpatine got to do with this?
>>
File: IMG_4335.jpg (102 KB, 1280x853)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>61492795
>airmen
Helmetard outs himself yet again.
>>
>>61495706
retarded esl balt brain^
the thermal "heat-seeker" basically needed a barn fire to lock on

>>61498262
hes noooooooooooooticing
>>
>>61488720
>100 American warplanes have not been destroyed in the last 50 years.
Proofs?
>>
>>61498706
>the thermal "heat-seeker" basically needed a barn fire to lock on
The topic was BVR and why Phantom pilots could not fire semi-active radar missiles without visual.
Your response was that they couldn't lock onto a barn unless it was on fire.
You got asked why would a radar missile need a fire to lock onto, if the IR missiles were not BVR capable in the first place.
>>
>>61494834
What about the MiG-25 was a failure?
>>
>>61499432
>What about the MiG-25 was a failure?
nothing, and as a result, its successor is currently shit-wrecking nafo as we speak
>>
>>61488702
The MiG-25 is arguably the only Soviet fighter plane that's worth anything
The only decent radar compared to Western aircraft of the time and still only roughly early F-16 tier
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNOwkWtHwI0
>>
File: HOLY FUCK speed(1).webm (1.53 MB, 1280x702)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB WEBM
>>61499455
most f16's STILL dont have a radar that the mig-25 had lmfao, except like Japans or something
>webm tangentially related
>>
>>61494677
>its because the missile couldnt hit the broadside of a barn unless it was a 5-alarm barn fire, for like the first 10 years
Not really. The AIM-9 Sidewinder worked fine at high altitude (See 2nd Taiwan Strait Crisis) but at low altittudes over the damn jungle? Way too much background heat.

However, for a long range head to head engagement, the F-4 favored the radar guided AIM-7 Sparrow.
>>
>>61492801
Axial flow turbines aren't capable of mach 5 flight. This isn't up for debate.
>>
>>61499533
>most f16's STILL dont have a radar that the mig-25 had
I'm not sure the US even makes vacuum tubes anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.