[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I've got off the phone with Brownells Tech. They are discontinuing ALL of their in-house Glock slides. That's a shame because other companies would charge $300-$400+ and Brownells was selling their slides of near or equal quality for far less. Their slides have been ideal in the 80%er community. I would definitely say if anyone is interested in the blocky glock slides Patmos is still making theirs.

Ending on a final note:
Better buy them while you still can!
>>
Is Brownells ok? It seems like I've seen several things like this in the past year. Are they going under or something?
>>
>>61493657
Guessing PSA took a big bite out of their market with the daggers.
>>
>>61493678
I've asked their tech if there's going to be anything new in the near future. He was extremely quiet about it and told me he can't give an answer. I can only hope they probably have something under their sleeve for next year. Or they're going to focus on something else. Too bad more custom glock parts manufacturers are closing their doors for custom Gen 4 parts (mainly slides) and I'm noticing more attention towards aftermarket for Gen 5. Gen 3 is still standing after all of these decades. California's handgun roster being one of the main reason why Gen 3s are still around.

>>61493689
I can't argue with that because I have seen a bunch of custom glock builds recently using PSA Dagger slides.
>>
>>61493712
(Cont.) and Shadow systems is another player for custom glocks too.
>>
>>61493712
> they're going to focus on something else.
BRN-180 Gen 3 please. Complete with retro handguards.
>>
>>61493736
Seeing how the BRN-180 is a popular rifle, this is a logical answer for what is to come out of Brownells (most likely).
>>
I have an extended slide maybe I should get a spare
>>
>>61493678
80% glock lowers haven't been legally available for over a year, makes sense that the budget slide market is feeling the pinch.
>>
>>61493657
found your reddit op
>>
>>61494107
Why are you on Reddit?
Is there something you want to share with the class?
>>
File: 1685402762269174.png (143 KB, 610x613)
143 KB
143 KB PNG
>>61494107
>>
>>61493712
They could also be venturing into p320 grip modules.
>>
>>61493678
From what I've heard Brownells overbought during the boom period for gun/parts sales and got left holding the bag. They and their parent (who owns ar15.com, which loses money) are a sinking ship.
>>
>>61493657
They should have done Gen 5 versions, would have sold like crazy.
>>
>>61493678
I have no idea about the bigger picture, but the writing was on the wall for Brownells slides no matter what.
The whole drawn-out legal fight over 80%s on the one hand, and PSA Dagger slides on the other.
>>
>>61493678
Man I hope they're ok. I bought some parts from them last week and I'm waiting for the BRN180SH uppers to come back in stock.
>>
>>61493657
just get dagger slides they're cheaper completely with barrel and everything
>>
Their slides are lacking in style but their optic cuts actually look like they put the time in to perfect them. If you're going to cut a window on a slide, at least spice it up a little.
>patmos
Nah, the P80 community already knows their shit is on the same level as Rockslideusa.
>>
>>61493657
Well, fuck. Guess I need to get that glock 19 slide I was looking at then.
>>
good
TGD
>>
File: 20220819_190148.jpg (917 KB, 1921x1081)
917 KB
917 KB JPG
>>61493678
I've had my gen 3 acro slide for about 3 years now and it's been great, super clean and fits great with their barrel. Using a glock frame though so not sure how well they work with P80s.
>>
>>61493657
Its the "glock switch" thing, graboids are trying to sue glock because they're "easily convertible" to full auto.

Australia will ban glock within 12 months despite no evidence (that they don't manufacture themselves) to show anyone has ever made one here.
>>
i fucking hated how blocky their slides were
>>
>>61497067
Uh isn't that just Glocks in general?
>>
>>61497000
Grabblers don't use logic, they just attack anything they can grabble. Anyone with mechanical knowledge can figure out how to modify a sear. Giggle switch is the same level of effort of dropping in a new FCG or the forbidden bottle opener.
>>
>>61496084
I have a 3d printed 19x with a complete slide from MDX. It works great. I also got the threaded barrel and am considering options such as a loudener.

Not buying a can because I'm not paying the ATF anything out of principle.
>>
File: IMG_3264.jpg (533 KB, 1080x1920)
533 KB
533 KB JPG
>>61493657
Got mine like a week ago finally got an eps for it in the mail just to find out that the zev posts aren’t gonna work with anything fully enclosed without a fight. Would have been much better if they did the actual RMR footprint that everyone thinks of
>>
>>61494063
Aren’t they? The circuit court ruled against the ATF in the ghost gun case and now SCROTUS granted cert.
>>
>>61493743
>>61493736
God please. The lack of retro was all that had me on the gence about them.
>>
>>61498592
They just granted cert and they had narrowly injuncted the lower courts ruling, making them unavailable for approximately the past year. There have been places to get them here and there at extreme markup, but by and large the hobby has been starved of 80% lowers. There have been serialized ones available from sct, p80 and others but I imagine demand on slides is still way down.
>>
Shit. I should pic one up before they're sold out. Their slide are one of the few aftermarket slides that don't look super gay.

>>61493678
I assume they're fine. This kind of fits how they've done things in the past, like the retro ARs. They do a big run of guns/parts, sell them, and then close the product line once sales drop because everybody that wanted one got one. Remember Brownells isn't a manufacturer, they have established manufacturers make their branded stuff.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.