[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1705863143788.webm (1.94 MB, 464x848)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB WEBM
What's the best weapon to take care of rat infestation during trench warfare?
>>
>>61578008
I've watched YouTube channel of the guy in US who clears rat nests from farms. He has 4 dogs and minks trained to kill as many rats as possible per minute
>>
File: smart mouse.webm (185 KB, 360x544)
185 KB
185 KB WEBM
>>61578008
you will not win

your best bet is to make friends with the rats
>>
>>61578024
Channel name? Sounds wild.
>>
File: _87145917.jpg (537 KB, 1200x1600)
537 KB
537 KB JPG
>>61578008
I've beaten 3 rats to death with a rubber mallet. The trick is to pull when your hit lands or you end up having to clean guts off the walls. I can't use my firearms to shoot them.
Eventually I got an umarex BB gun and a Gamo air rifle. The Gamo excels.
>>
>>61578008
Chemical, duh
>>
>>61578031
Joseph Carter the Mink Man
>>
File: 1690281444493761.jpg (152 KB, 600x895)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>61578024
Fun channel.
>>
>>61578031
>sounds wild
that's just normal ratting you zoomer
>>
>>61578049
TY
>>
>>61578048
probably yes. cats or dogs quickly run away once the arty pounding starts.
>>
File: 310566169.jpg (269 KB, 1500x1140)
269 KB
269 KB JPG
A big soup pot and some enthusiastic privates
>>
>>61578929
>t.chink
>>
File: 1696407602763.jpg (928 KB, 1915x2553)
928 KB
928 KB JPG
My dog loves killing them, they hide under the hay and she hunts them
>>
>>61578074
>NOOOO you can't just have childlike wonder! You have to be jaded and unimpressed about evertyhing!
Anon, please. Let the man enjoy his rat killing.
>>
>>61578008
>>
>>61579048
>jaded and unimpressed
zoomers really don't know how to act like normal people, do they? allow me to express my opinion through the medium of dabbing
>>
>>61578008
Small Doggos
>>
File: IMG_20190621_155219.jpg (946 KB, 2592x1944)
946 KB
946 KB JPG
>>61578028
sometimes you just gotta use unconventional means
>>
>>61579060
> allow me to express my opinion through the medium of dabbing
I chuckled, but not an argument.
What evidence do you have that that anon is a zoomer, other than the fact that he is excited about watching rodents get what they fucking deserve? And what if he is a zoomer, is he to be denied fellowship in the brotherhood of rat-hatred simply for his age? I reject this conclusion.
>>
>>61579027
I had a terrier, jack russel with some foxy, she loved killing rats so much. We had a basement where you could get in under the foundations, if we ever left that door open she'd disappear under the house and spend 10 hours happily murdering rats. She'd come out covered in dirt, blood, and looking as happy as a dog can.
>>
Those 5 gallon bucket drop traps have been pretty effective for me, disposing of 5 gallons of drowned mouse is a bit of a pain in the ass if you don't feel like burying them. Really the best way to get rid of them is gonna be a combined effort of traps, cats/dogs, and just shooting them with an airgun when you can. I heard that you can get fox piss to spray outside that makes them flee in terror but I'm not so sure of how effective that would be.
>>
Dogs hunt rats. I hate coming home and seeing a dead rat in it's mouth.
>>
>>61579213
Do you ever just take the lid off the bucket and take a shit onto the dead rat, just to assert dominance?
>>
>>61579060
Sorry, such terminology is terribly outdated. Please make your inquiries in the form of hitting the griddy
>>
>>61579264
No, I can't say that I have. Considering I just burn the dead mouse pile mixing burning rotting dead mouse with burning human shit does not sound appealing to me. Plus I have this crazy shit called "indoor plumbing" so I don't need to shit in a bucket, mouse filled or otherwise.
>>
File: kingrat.png (605 KB, 393x1234)
605 KB
605 KB PNG
>>61578008
King Rat
>>
>>61579059
Never understood this. Wouldn't this just be expensive AF?
>>
>>61579739
It's just a revolver strapped to a wooden frame. It shouldn't be too expensive to build, or shoot for that matter.
>>
>>61579739
Revolvers used to be much cheaper
But anyway it's just patent fishing
Patent something simplistic, hope someone makes something similar but better, then sue them for all that they are worth
>>
>>61578059
He also got a lizard to hunt mice.
>>
>>61579027
>>61579177
Ain't these breeds, actually first bred to hunt Rats?
>>
File: cat reinforcements.webm (3.04 MB, 720x720)
3.04 MB
3.04 MB WEBM
>>61578008
>>
>>61579922
Afaik they are used to scare boars or burrow animals, they fit well into the hole and can push them out for the hunters to shoot
>>
Cats
Nothing is more effective at annihilating small grain eating animals like cats
>>
https://coub.com/view/jkubq
>>
>>61578024
that's cruelty, someone needs to report him to the police!!!
>>
>>61579027
nice dogy
>>
OPs pic are not rats but mice.
Mice weigh 10 times less than rats but /k/ still confuses these two. Does /k/ even shoot fucking vermin holy shit
>>
>>61580813
Cats suck shit at keeping them in check. Clean your property and use traps.
>>
>>61580813
Cats are great at killing a few mice, but once you get to the point there's fucking hundreds of them they don't keep up simply because cats will mostly kill mice when they're hungry or bored and feel like murder. Small ratter dogs however will go apeshit on hordes of mice or rats and kill literally every single one of them they can see, smell, or hear until either they are all dead or you call them back.
>>
>>61578024
Those rat killing videos are pretty fascinating kind of YouTube slop. I can tell can tell it appeals to some old instinctual part of my Brain because I tend to start mindlessly watching them after a long day where I'm mentally exhausted
>>
Unironically ferrets are even better than dogs at enacting total rodent death. Release a few of those bad boys
>>
Found a mouse nest in trunk of my mr2 with moma and babies in it . Not thinking I pulled out my pocket knife and started stabbing. Can't risk the little fuckers chewing up my wiring harness .
Felt kinda bad afterwards . Also heard a straggler squeaking that ran into the door jam. Sprayed carb cleaner in there till it stopped squeaking
>>
>be me, live in a shack out in the boonies
>prop the front door open while I'm getting ready for bed to cool the place off (this was in March at the beginning of the COVID lockdowns)
>one of the roof rats infesting my neighbor's trailer dashes in
>fuck
>shamefully knock on his door the next morning
>"Tim, it finally happened"
>"Aye", and he disappears into the trailer
>emerges with rat traps and poison for me
>set trap, fill it with peanut butter and delicious poison
>Check trap in the morning, it's been licked clean without being tripped
>Goddamnit, I got a smart rat
>rinse and repeat for the next five days
>On the sixth day, I finally capture the rat
>Except it's not a rat
>it's a four inch field mouse with its lower back snapped in two
At least he didn't suffer too much
>>
>>61578024
>>61583027
Do all terriers just mentally freak it when they see rats? Whenever my JR cross sees something vaguely rat like (or God forbid, a bird) it's almost impossible to get him back without manhandling him
>>
>>61584157
If you got those Old fashion wooden victor traps that don't use the yellow tray you put peanut butter on the under side of the trip . gets them every time
>>
>>61584193
Well now I know, thanks anon.
>>
>>61584160
They were bred for going into burrows and dragging out foxes/rodents. That's why their tails are traditionally docked, so you can grab on and pull them out without hurting them.
>>61579177
>>
File: Trench 2.png (513 KB, 727x462)
513 KB
513 KB PNG
>>61578008
Trapping and airshit/bb/pellet guns if you can't use poison for whatever reason. Poison if you can. Nothing that could be used to accuse you of le war crimes like gasses.
>Airshit BB would just bounce off!
It did bounce... off the wall behind the mouse after going clean through it's ribcage pulling a bit of it's organs out in the process then landing somewhere behind me.

Keep all edibles securely stored and kill mice and rats on sight when you can. Clean up any dead rats/mice as the live ones will absolutely eat the dead. Food management is WAY more important than the killing. Rodents go where the food is. If there is no food they'll find somewhere else to be a problem. This is why farms with open feeders often have massive rat infestations.

Also actually build a proper trench system. Just a shitty mudhole means they can easily burrow into all of the walls causing all sorts of problems (including possible collapses) and have plenty of places to live and hide while they steal your food and spread disease. By building it right you take away hiding places, make your trench much sturdier, and make their lives harder while also making trapping, poisoning, and active killing easier.

>>61584160
If it's a terrier breed it was literally bred for killing rodents and other small pests with extreme prejudice. If you get one that doesn't immediately go after rats with a murderous intent either it's very well trained and waiting for a command or it's retarded. Dead rats don't breed. Dead rats don't get into the pantry or grain. Dead rats aren't party busses for fleas. Dead rats don't destroy your farmhouse.

>>61584193
The copper tab ones are great. I mash up golden oreos into a nice paste then jam it into the curl as tightly as I can. Little fuckers loved it so much sometimes they'd get snapped before I'd even finished standing up from placing the trap.
>>
>>61578008
Just stop sending food, the soldiers will take care of it
>>
>>61584635
Ah hunger, the greatest enemy of trench rats.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.