[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

why don't you have a suppressor yet, anon?
>>
>>61578777
Because
>commiefornia
>>
I have 3. I'll probably get a 4th in not too long.
>>
Mine is in the mail actually
>>
...however.
>>
>>61578777
coz it's illegal?
>>
>>61578777
Because I don't even pay my regular taxes.
>>
>>61578852
based
>>61578777
Idk.
>>
File: 1693589300350405.png (622 KB, 665x527)
622 KB
622 KB PNG
I do. An incredibly rare win for Bongistan is that they're not only easy to get, but encouraged because they make shooting quieter for nearby residents.

There's even a law being debated now to totally deregulate them and make them as easy to buy as optics or other gun parts.
>>
File: soyppressorjak.jpg (120 KB, 644x540)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>why don't you have a suppressor yet, anon?
>>
>>61578777
But I do.
>>
File: screenshot.png (65 KB, 1568x520)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
>>61578777
I have 3.

Also: GO BACK
>>
>>61578777
Dont need it
>>
>>61578777
I'm in college and suppressors cost money.
>>
>>61578777
Saving up for a vacation
>>
Because one of the several assfuck requirements for me is calling my sheriff and telling him why I want a suppressor or some shit. I'm not bending over like that. I'm pushing for better laws first and so should suppressor companies.
>>
>>61579112
>calling my sheriff and give him sloppy toppy
yeah those laws must go first
>>
>>61579112
True, how come they don't lobby? They don't seem to give a shit
>>
>>61579112
>Because one of the several assfuck requirements for me is calling my sheriff and telling him why I want a suppressor or some shit
Nope. The CLEO thing is a nothingburger and can go to your state ag or whatever, and for "why" literally everyone just uses standard boilerplate "all lawful purposes". If you buy through most places these days they just automatically do all that stuff. Even with the old days of paper CLEO copy was just filling out name/address and that's it, it's not like you involve them at all. Last few cans I got I never even thought about it because it was just done automatically for me to the state where it gets thrown right in the trash with ten thousand others.
>I'm pushing for better laws first and so should suppressor companies.
This is still absolutely good though.
>>61579153
AFAIK a lot of them do lobby, or at least support organizations like ASA which lobby. A bigger question to me is where the fuck was the NRA for decades and decades (I mean before they went total corruption). Or boomers in general. I guess memes around suppressors were that strong sadly.
>>
Illegal in IL. The second it's legalized I'm buying a bolt-action .22 magnum for pest control though.
>>
>>61579261
I know 8 states are still, STILL dragging their feet but god damn it's wild how sticky some of the meme shit is.
>>
>>61578777
Just picked it up last week from the smith who had the barrel threaded. I've only been out to the range with it so had to wear earpro, but look forward to going hunting without the walkers next month, they're not so good in the wind or the back of a truck.
>>
>tfw suppressors are blanket illegal in my state
Is there any way around this gay nonsense? Can I buy one square foot of a storage unit in a free state and just register it and keep it there? I hate gun laws so much.
>>
>>61579269
>dragging their feet
Anon they're not "dragging their feet". There are several states in the US fully controlled by subversive elements that have every intention of criminalizing gun ownership to the maximum level that the courts and federal government will allow them to. New York, New Jersey, Illinois, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, California, and Delaware are NEVER going to legalize suppressors unless they are forced to by court order.
>>
>>61579216
That's crazy I never hear of them trying to push for the hearing protection act or anything. Democrats keep trying nonstop to railroad and pass though their bullshit bills and the pro 2a side is so scared to push a little too hard or scared that it's not the right time and it's been years now
>>
>>61578944
getting the image off Google (like ones of your spread eagle sister) doesn't mean I'm from reddit you turbonigger
>>
>>61579391
Yeah there are some ways sorta kinda around it but all of them suck, I guess try to rally support for laws. If you get residency in another state, then you can get them and them keep them there. You can also do stuff with trusts, have family/friend in another state set up trust, get cans, add you as RP which I don't think requires your own residency but can't remember, and then stuff lives elsewhere owned by trust.

Ultimately none of it helps you legally actually use cans though in your shithole state. Hopefully you're making good money, save up hard and build resume/skills so that within a decade you can move to a free state, or sooner get a transfer or find a gudenuf job in one or something. Or pray that suppressor restrictions ultimately fall afoul of court rulings, which is doubtful but not impossible. But honestly I think you really need to just vote with your feet for quick results, unless there are already bills in the works. Sadly the only organization specializing in it doesn't seem THAT good and focused.
>>
I have 2 of huxwrxs 30cal QD cans and in deciding if I want a flow 762 ti. That weight savings is looking really nice. Also anyone know what trust form 4 times are?
>>
>>61579479
>>61579507
Democrat politicians at the state level have supported suppressor legalization. It's not a cut and dry issue at all and polarizing that sort of thing has been a big mistake for advancing gun rights through anything but fragile court rulings, which still have their limits. If you want real change in bad states you can address and work with that, or else you're going to have to pray or move. Simple as.
>>
>>61579567
>I have 2 of huxwrxs 30cal QD cans and in deciding if I want a flow 762 ti. That weight savings is looking really nice.
I have the Flow 762, it's definitely nice, it's definitely light, and works well. However I got it shortly after release last year, before they came up with the Ventum 762. If I was buying today I'd really lean towards that. It's 2.8oz heavier but still pretty darn light, and in exchange you get something with a fully replaceable core and tougher steel shell. Also like $700 cheaper.
>Also anyone know what trust form 4 times are?
Hovering around 90-140 days it seems. It's been steadily ticking down but much more slowly then individual. Enormous improvement over 240-300 times just 6 months ago, if you'd told me anything at all would be consistently approved in "only" 3 months I wouldn't have believed you. But still a big wait vs single digit days for some individuals.

No way around that without double stamping which is shitty, moreso since no electronic for that iirc.
>>
>>61579631
Oh yeah, they do at least seem to be consistently batch approving for trusts. So if you have more then one thing on your shopping list, get one now, get another in 60 days, second one would probably get approved at the same time as the first effectively being much quicker. No substitute for quick approvals but sometimes helpful.
>>
>>61578777
I tried to order a 9mm ...oil filter and ended up with an actual oil filter.
>>
>>61579654
ATF cracked down hard in legal and illegal ways a year or two back so yeah that's less of a thing now, plus relatively risky anyway since it's so easy to track and honeypot online.

I suppose fast F4 probably also would have killed a lot of the legit possible market. The biggest real point before was that F4 took hundreds of days and F1 was reliably done in <30. Stamp is the same cost, checks are all the same, it was just faster.
>>
File: 43636705636.jpg (14 KB, 296x335)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>61579654
哈哈哈傻老外下次別再買速賣通了
>>
File: guns nolights plus sup.jpg (411 KB, 1664x1253)
411 KB
411 KB JPG
I got one. it put a dent in my mp5.
>>
>>61578777
Got 2 already, Sneed to get a 9mm can next.
>>
>>61578777
Too gassy and I don't want to imagine the smell
>>
Can't afford the one I want.
>>
>>61578777
I’m struggling to make ends meet as it is and firearm purchases are no longer realistic
>>
>>61578777
I don't have a threaded gun.
>>
>>61580359
>>
>>61580366
I noticed this as soon as I wanted to get one. Everything I own is vintage or at least not modern except an AR and AK. No threading. I had to buy a new 10/22 to get a threaded .22.
>>
redditors bought all the rc2s
might Sneed it on a rotex sf but waiting to hear more reviews
>>
>>61578777
1. I'm not a huge fan of having my name on some ATF list.
2. It seems kinda silly to pay $500 for something you could make in your garage with some proper tools
>>
>>61580469
>1. I'm not a huge fan of having my name on some ATF list.
Then you shouldn't own guns at all, or at least not legally.
>2. It seems kinda silly to pay $500 for something you could make in your garage with some proper tools
If you really think this then you can pay $200 and just do that. But we all know you're just armchair engineering, you have zero metal working skills or shop in your garage, nor any ability to make even a slightly comparable performing package for the same price on your first try.

This will change as 3d sintering systems get cheaper. At some point anyone really will be able to just download open source advanced suppressor designs and print them out at their lgs or gun club shop or something for a few bucks+feed stock cost. Not there yet though.
>>
>>61580500
>At some point anyone really will be able to just download open source advanced suppressor designs and print them out at their lgs or gun club shop or something for a few bucks+feed stock cost.
I'm excited about putting that kind of power in the hands of the people. I want to watch what they do with it.
>>
I love brewing amanita decarb tea
I love boiling 5-8 dried caps in a mug's worth of water and squeezing one or two lemons in the pot
I love drowning the lemony mushroom juice in honey
I love getting wasted without a hangover
I love that all the colors look more colorful
I love being in a dissociated state for most of the day
I have mixed feelings on amanita muscaria effectiveness as a stool softener
>>
File: IMG_0502.jpg (553 KB, 1062x1280)
553 KB
553 KB JPG
>>61578777
>implying
>>
>>61581406
what in tarnation is going on with that mp5sd lower, it looks ai generated
>>
>>61578777
Got my 1st last week, feels goodman.
>>
File: 1687067810812329.jpg (10 KB, 234x235)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>61581406
jesus christ

THIS GUY FUCKS.
>>
>>61580510
>3d printed suppressors are the future
They're no longer the future anon ;)
>>
>>61578777
Too poor and find the whole system far too confusing for what it's worth.
>>
>>61581815
AFAIK there's no 3D printers a regular person can buy that would do metal 3D printing capable of withstanding suppressor demands.
>>
>>61581406
How's the MP5SD and how's the M4? I've considered an MP5 with silencer for various uses and a silenced M4 just sounds fun for hunting even though I really don't shoot or hunt with shotguns.
>>
File: 1704698975491329.jpg (35 KB, 456x456)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>61581822
>confusing

You mean the application/approval stamp or how a suppressor actually works/dialing in gas system/buffer weights/etc.?
>>
>>61581826
I never said a word about metal 3d printing though. Material science has come a long way
>>
>>61580359
Fucking tell me about it man Im in the same boat.
>>
>>61581840
>plastic suppressors

may as well just use an oil filter, it'd be equally disposable and cost you a fraction of the price
>>
>>61581406
>willingly giving $1200 to the government for the privilege of owning a metal tube
cattle slave
>>
>>61581876
you're just assuming he registered those
>>
>>61581864
PLA+ designs have lasted upwards of 2k rounds of 5.56 if done right. PA6CF even higher. But yes they are disposable just like suppressors were originally intended to be. Just print some more, the form 1 part is still intact.
>>
>>61578785
I feel you bro
>fag yorker
do we have even a half measure? for our pinned, featureless rifles of course
>kms
>>
>>61578777
Same reason I don’t have mufflers on my hog Sonny
>>
>>61581876
And yet you own guns and shoot them. Curious.
...or do you?
>inb4 hurr i only use home made black powder from ingredients i mined myself and my own forge made muskets
>>
>>61580359
Forget silencers I can’t afford ammo these days, all I can shoot anymore are air guns and 22s on special occasions. Getting killed at the grocery store, gas up, lucky I have a job… praying for you anon, pray for me
>>
>>61579511
>why don't you have a suppressor yet, anon?
>doesn't post a picture of his own suppressor
>posts a leddit picture instead
>shows up ages later to seethe about it
whew
>>
>>61581406

Hope that mp5 is extra safe...
>>
Has anyone dealt with BixTex for a suppressors?
>>
>>61582660
literally who?
>>
>>61582676
Sorry, posting in traffic: https://www.bigtexordnance.com/
>>
>>61582712
Oh ok. No have never used them but have seen people who did, haven't heard anything particularly awful about them either. I'd assume they're not much different then other online places unless you're in texas and they're local to you.
>>
File: canada-flag.gif (1.42 MB, 220x124)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB GIF
>>61578777
Because I live in Canuckistan. In spite what the SKS fanboys in cangen say, we're slowly losing our guns. I think we might be the only G7 nation that doesn't allow its citizens suppressors.
>>
File: IMG_0577.jpg (444 KB, 960x1280)
444 KB
444 KB JPG
>>61581748
It’s a Lee sporting lower. It’s so I can be super safe, use AR trigger packs and AR grips

>>61581834
Suppressed MP5 is a pleasure to shoot. Unbelievably smooth. The suppressed M4 is also super fun to shoot. Not *quite* hearing safe in my current layout with slugs, but not painful. It could be hearing safe with slightly longer configuration and lower power shells

>>61582651
Printed out a clip trip and it broke on the first shot. I have a machined bolt and I’m waiting on metal printed parts to be extra safe in a more permanent fashion. Hopefully it gets here soon. It’s literally the only reason I bought an MP5 when I found out it was possible
>>
>>61583347
>Suppressed MP5 is a pleasure to shoot. Unbelievably smooth. The suppressed M4 is also super fun to shoot. Not *quite* hearing safe in my current layout with slugs, but not painful. It could be hearing safe with slightly longer configuration and lower power shells
That's about what I figured since the M4's silencer looked like it wasn't quite full length. Good to hear with the MP5.
>>
>>61578785
This
>just move
No
>>
>>61580359
I haven’t bought a gun in years and haven't been shooting in 6+ months. I’ve been solidly priced out of the hobby, can barely afford to even live as it is.
>>
>>61583361
The salvo 12 is still worth it though. Much more enjoyable to shoot, and with a SBS M4, the weight is negligible
>>
>>61583430
Definitely still seems worth it; I wouldn't be going SBS and I'd probably keep it full length config for the Salvo...even if my 18" .22 with ~6" silencer already stretches the length limits of my gun storage (and reasonable length in the woods) lol.
>>
>>61583235
Really feel bad for you though some of you leafs maintain hope. Also personally sad since messes with my hopes for a Canadian northern shootan trip.
>>
>>61580469
1. You already are
2. I guarantee you specifically can’t make that in your garage
>>
>>61581864
Oil filters are worse for suppression and longevity than printed suppressors. Also they cost more. A printed .22 suppressor costs about $3 of filament. I can get 3 pistol/rifle ones printed with about 2/3rds of a roll which is about $5 each.
>>
>>61581876
Post homemade gun less you be a hypocrite
>>
>>61580469
Imma be real chief, even if you gave me the appropriate equipment (which would cost thousands of dollars) I couldn't weld or machine (I may actually be able to machine it) what needs to be made to make something like my Raptor 10. welding titanium is not trivial and doing it well is even less so. just factoring in the time it'd take me, not all the fuck ups and ruined stock it's still a good deal to buy it from a professional shop.
>>
>>61583408
Use your guns to acquire more money. It’s quite simple anon
>>
>>61580093
I thought you didn’t have to change the rollers out on a full size mp5 for suppressed, only for the mp5k?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.