[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_4922.jpg (138 KB, 1152x2047)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
Taran Tactical Edition

Red Viper or Combat Kaiser?
https://x.com/para919/status/1787851203348676778?s=46&t=uAG8cPK1tCKKj57X0913qQ

Get gud doc: https://files.catbox.moe/9g5sv2.pdf
Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/gs6mLNik

Previous >>61575484
>>
File: IMG_4923.jpg (443 KB, 1800x1686)
443 KB
443 KB JPG
>>
I kinda like them.
>>
>>61582136
A modernized Luger would unironically be a great dot gun since there's no way you could possibly mount the optic to a reciprocating part of the gun.
>>
File: IMG_4927.jpg (144 KB, 854x1280)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>61582168
The shotgun acro mounted to a rib on the barrel
>>
File: 200w (1).gif (1.01 MB, 200x184)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB GIF
>>61582136
>>61582142
>>
I don't really care about MIM, but in one of the reviews I watched about the Apollo the guy had three parts break in 1000 rounds. Slide stop, safety, and something else. This seems abnormal and not really ok for a $1000 gun. I've also seen similar reports about Kimbers though, and while my Kimber has been an unreliable piece of shit, no parts have ever broken.

Idk what to think.
>>
Is a makarov a good home defense pistol?
>>
>>61582064
>The point is that milled parts in a 1911 are better than MIM ones.
Yeah duh, but you're not gonna get them in the cheapest 2011 on the market so why expect them? inb4 savage does it, idc, SA doesn't and neither does anyone else at that price, 19/2011 or otherwise

Sear engagement is irrelevant, trigger quality is irrelevant, being able to hone factory components is irrelevant--all owing to the price.

It may be gritty or heavy compared to a good 19/2011 but regardless of MIM, the simple fact of a Prodigy (or Apollo or Tisas or whatever else) being a SAO 19/2011 means it's STILL going to have a better trigger than Glock, CZ, Beretta, HK, S&W, everybody, maybe even Walther.

So out of the box trigger quality is not a good point to make imo. Again, owing to the price and American labor. And since I'm saying trigger quality doesn't matter, then those parts being made of MIM doesn't matter. Replace them if you want a better trigger--just like you would with HK, or Beretta, or CZ, or S&W.

So now we're left with breaking parts. The gun functioning IS relevant, now if parts are breaking that's a SA thing not a MIM thing, because again HK is littered with MIM and cast parts and they don't break, including slide stops. So my point is that the appropriateness of the material is not in question here, do you agree?

>>61582189
The complaint needs to switch from "MIM a shit" to "those guys need to get their shit together"
>>
>>61582198
No. Its better than nothing but seriously, what are you thinking even asking if an antique single stack 9x18mm is a good home defense gun
>>
>>61582198
Oh god not another one
>>
File: smith and bric.jpg (393 KB, 2100x1400)
393 KB
393 KB JPG
>>61582174
Duuuude why can't they make the regular mount with a 9 MOA dot????

>>61582198
It's not 2009, /k/ memes have moved on, get a Beretta 92 of some sort or hell check out ANY full size 9mm with a light rail
>>
>>61582198
Uh oh, a zigger???
>>
Gen 5 G17L just dopped. Sneed it or keep it?
>>
I just like the Masada, okay?
>>
>>61582244
My gen 3 is gonna have a friend now :)
>>
>>61582212
Gf has trouble pulling back the slides on modern handguns, has nails done most of the time too. to my understanding you can just pull the hammer down or even the trigger and a makarov will fire if the safety is off, that true? She likes revolvers but what if you need to quickly reload?

I’m also a sucker for old guns and literally only own surplus rifles older than me. Figure a makarov would be good enough and it’s something I’m interested in collecting. Is 9x18 just as lethal as western standard? More so?
>>
>>61582198
I feel like this bait, but whatever. Yes, the Makarov is a good pistol for home defense. Yes, you can buy better pistols for the price. Yes, people survived the 1900s just fine with a 5 shot .38 S&W revolver or 7 shot .380 pistol as home defense weapon.
>>
File: 1705421714258.jpg (137 KB, 1280x853)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
Any anons have good reasons to not get a 1911 from magnum research? Tried someone else's at the range and I really liked it with the whole 7 round sample size.
>>
>>61582258
>I’m also a sucker for old guns and literally only own surplus rifles older than me
This posters gf has a penis.
>>
>>61582189
MIM parts are almost invariably contracted out to other manufacturers. Even companies as big as Sig Sauer will have MIM suppliers abroad. It's very possible Apollo just chose the wrong supplier.

>>61582210
>Yeah duh, but you're not gonna get them in the cheapest 2011 on the market so why expect them?
Wrong, Tisas has Abdul running a ball mill for a dollar fifty an hour, so Tisas employs very few MIM parts, with the goal to be zero percent MIM by this year.

>Sear engagement is irrelevant, trigger quality is irrelevant, being able to hone factory components is irrelevant--all owing to the price.
No, no, and no. The guy in question asked, verbatim, what exactly is the difference between the Prodigy and the Staccato. What are you getting for your more than thousand dollar price delta? One of those things is milled parts instead of MIM parts, and the benefits thereof. Milled Staccato parts are better than MIM Springfield ones, full stop. The question was not "is the price delta justified", as you seem to think it was, the question is "what is the difference between the two guns?".

>So my point is that the appropriateness of the material is not in question here, do you agree?
No, I don't, and I think you're seriously misconstruing things.
>>
>>61582258
9x18 is anemic by any standard

There are several guns designed to be easy to rack, check out the Shield EZ and Shield Equalizer (double stack 9mm). These guns are internal hammer fired, big grip safety and thumb safety for two layers of safety.

If you mount an optic on them it gives a big ledge to rack the gun on (if you even needed that) on a table or edge.

A Beretta 92 with a 12.5 pound recoil spring would be very easy to rack IMO and if you mounted a flashlight it would cut down the recoil a bit.

>>61582265
Do you hate Israel? They are made by Bul Armory
>>
>>61581289
>forgets to drink water
>dies
>>
>>61582136
We need a TTI PP

>>61582210
>it's STILL going to have a better trigger than Glock, CZ, Beretta, HK, S&W, everybody, maybe even Walther.
>maybe even Walther.
lmao nice meme. Not sure what's been going on with the MIM discussion since I last saw but you could definitely make a 1911 trigger worse than any of those. It's just really hard to do, like it requires manual intervention. Overall like I said, MIM matters for overall precision of parts lending to less fitting and better results out of the box. If they're using MIM parts they probably cheaped out on fitting so it's probably not going to be that good.

>>61582189
I'll report back on my Apollo. Maybe I'll put these noname czech loads through them.
>>
File: chillary4.jpg (118 KB, 1079x1073)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
Any anons have the job sheet (blueprints) to rmr cut a glock slide. I have access to a haas with 2 years of experience but I can't find any sheets online?
>>
>>61582307
>Do you hate Israel?
My lawyer has advised me to not answer this.
>They are made by Bul Armory
What does this mean for the quality?
>>
File: P1_pravy.jpg (104 KB, 1000x1000)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
Grand Power Anon: Where are you?!
I have the Grand Power K22 and CP22 and love them.
Now want a 9mm GP Mk12 pistol (don't care about optics cuts or the look of the Mk23s).
Does anyone know if all GP P1 models come with a decocker? Or what models Global Ordnance sells with a decocker?
Neither Global Ordnance's site nor the Grand Power site say anything about decockers, but I've seen reviews on YouTube about the P1 model having one.
I sent an email about this Global Ordnance this afternoon, but wanted to ask here too.
>>
>>61582210
The more I read it, the more I realize how absurd your line of thinking is. It's all predicated on "b-but the Springfield is cheap, ergo MIM is fine". Of course, Springfield wouldn't be able to release the Prodigy (or any of their guns) at their current price point with all milled parts made in America by American machinists. That isn't the question. The question was also not "do you get a better trigger with a MIM internal 2011 versus <some other gun that isn't a 1911/2011>", and the fact that you think such a line of thinking is in any way relevant is simply bizarre.

The question is "what are the benefits of milled parts versus MIM", which I enumerated.
>>
Those Turks could actually do the tok. Come on, roaches. Make it!
>>
Why do we hate turks again?
>>
Have this guy

I think this will just be my keep at home gun

Should I get a 10mm next?

Glock 43X?

Glock29?

Is my current gun goo?
>>
>>61582401
Yes get a 10mm next, but while you wait to buy it make sure to shitpost on how much better 10mm is than 9mm. You really gotta get in the mood first.
>>
>>61582198
Only if you're running an akimbo platform.
>>
>>61582258
Why would a Makarov be immune to needing the slide racked? If the solution is you racking the slide then it doesn't matter what gun it is, get something better. If the solution is her racking the slide, same thing, it doesn't matter what gun unless it's a strength issue which it sounds like it's not.

>>61582290
Tisas doesn't make a 2011 and I don't want to hear about bushings don't matter :^) also I specified American labor in there somewhere

>It’s not about “not using MIM”, it’s about using MIM in the correct application.
Is why I've diverged to explaining that there's nothing wrong with using MIM in a cheap 2011 (as long as it's not breaking). If that wasn't you I'm talking to the wrong guy or I'm severely misunderstanding this statement. Secondarily, obviously MIM is a cost savings measure necessitated by the SA being a cheap gun, my argument isn't that it's just as good, my argument was a hedge against MIMshitting hyperbole.

>>61582325
>you could definitely make a 1911 trigger worse than any of those. It's just really hard to do, like it requires manual intervention.
Not out of the box, nice to see we agree, not sure how that's a meme when you're coopting my point. The worst 1911 trigger I've ever heard of is Taurus, and the chief complaint is weight which is a very simple fix. But even with a 7-8 pound break, the crispness of the break, the overtravel and reset are lightyears beyond almost any other design a this cheap price point, including the new Walthers which have added creep. It's just not possible for a factory 1911/2011 to have a SA as bad as an HK or CZ or most strikershit for example, MIM or not. And Prodigies certainly are not maligned for bad triggers in the first place so this entire branch is silly.

If the discussion is boundless and fitting and modification is allowed, then why does ANYTHING in this discussion matter? Just replace until it's great, invalidating all arguments against the Prodigy.
>>
>>61582474
>Why would a Makarov be immune to needing the slide racked?

It’s double action? Won’t it fire if you just pull the hammer down? Also the trigger has a slow first pull that will cause it to fire via the hammer?
>>
>>61582341
People here say things about them using MIM parts or Turkish parts but everyone else says they're good for their price range and put together pretty well.
>>
>>61582360
Perhaps I've expressed myself poorly. >>61582474 may help.

Price excuses the presence of MIM, yes, it's a cheap process allowing it to hit that low price bracket. There is also a separate argument I have stating MIM is not inherently bad. It's not preferable, it's not optimal, but it's fine. It wouldn't be fine on a $2,500+ pistol, but it's fine on one of the cheapest 2011s made in America. The other cheap ones use it too.

Comparing HK to Springfield was a use of equivalency to show that MIM isn't universally shit, not to express trigger quality

Hope that helps, it seems like we're almost entirely in agreement to me but you seem a little prickly about it

>>61582399
Because one guy shooting shitty ammo got a squib, ignored it, and fired a second shot into the squib launching the striker out of the back of a Turkish pistol into his eye

>>61582512
You have to rack EVERY gun to put a bullet in the chamber. What kind of trigger it has doesn't matter. There are tons of other DA/SA guns you could pick from that function identically to a Makarov, such as a Beretta 92. You carry all of them with the chamber loaded
>>
>>61582524
>fired a second shot into the squib launching the striker out of the back of a Turkish pistol into his eye
Was that how the image happened?
>>
File: typical turkroach city.jpg (448 KB, 1799x765)
448 KB
448 KB JPG
>>61582399
>Why do we hate turks again?

This is the very first place I pin dropped in Turkey.
>>
>>61582514
>People here say things about them using MIM parts or Turkish parts
Any that couldn't be easily replaced?
>>
>>61582552
>3rd world country is poor
Okay...?
>>
>>61582474
I made that post about the importance of MIM being used in the correct application, and I'm not entirely sure of your bone to pick with it. MIM is absolutely fine in some contexts (like locking blocks and firing pins), and is substantially worse than milling in other contexts (like hammers and sears and disconnectors and ambi safeties you crank on with your full firing grip).

Material choice is entirely contextual, and no amount of pedantry or absurd sophistry on your part is going to change that.
>>
>>61582524
I see. I thought it was an oddball pistol but that makes sense. If I’m going to store it loaded it really wouldn’t matter. There’s little ones around so I figure the makarov still has merit with its heavy first trigger pull making it harder to accidentally shoot. But there’s definitely safer guns still. Just something I like and want to justify as useful lol
>>
>>61582552
>>61582561
Except Turkey is NOT a thirdy
>>
>>61582536
Ye
https://concealednation.org/2021/03/graphic-warning-always-wear-eye-protection-when-shooting/
There was a video but I guess it got removed.

>>61582567
I don't even see how it's pedantry. Leaning on that HK example again, MIM is ABSOLUTELY appropriate for fire control parts.

But now even I can see we're going in circles lol
>>
>>61582524
You literally argued "the trigger on this cheap 1911 is better than on this polymer striker gun, so the materials choice is justified". What a ridiculous deflection. Again, the original context was "what does the Staccato have that the Prodigy doesn't?", and milled small parts is one of those things.

If someone asked "what is the difference between these two sport motorcycles?", and some other dipshit chimed in with "uhhh, the difference between those two motorcycles is immaterial because they'll both be faster than a sedan", you'd call that guy a retard, and you'd be justified in doing so.
>>
For 1000 dollars it shouldn't have MIM parts at all. 1000 dollars is a lot for a fucking handgun.
>>
>>61582607
This, just check out the shadow 2, can be had for 908 dollars right now and it is a quality product.
>>
>>61582554
>>61582514
To clarify, any Turkish made parts that can't be easily replaced? I don't have a problem with MIM parts if they are cast properly
>>
File: 1708260329538142.jpg (183 KB, 1080x301)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
I haven't been on /hg/ for awhile. How are .45 sisters doing? Are they safe, are they alright?
>>
>>61582579
Huh.
>>
>>61582474
The "and maybe even Walther" was funny. It was phrased in a very joke like manner. There's not even really a point anymore, I didn't follow wherever this went since last thread. My bad if it came off as argumentative. I don't think the cheap stuff is good but it's definitely fixable, but that will involve replacing some of the MIM parts.
>>
What's the smallest handgun I can get chambered in 308 WINRAR aka 7.62x51 Real Fucking Neato
308 Thompson Encore?
>>
>>61582593
Again, I am attacking your statement
>It’s not about “not using MIM”, it’s about using MIM in the correct application.
NOT talking to or about anon asking for differences between two guns. I'm talking to YOU about something YOU said

In your analogy you would say
>one of the differences is a 2 stroke engine, 2 stroke is inappropriate for a motorcycle
and I would be the guy saying
>uhhhh actually the usage of a two stroke engine IS appropriate for a motorcycle here's an example of one and an example of a price justification

>>61582607
I agree in principle, but it is what it is. If somebody was making an all milled 2011 for $1,000 they'd be eating everyone's lunch, but they aren't, so I think it's safe to say it can't be done on American labor.

Another devil's advocate argument would be, Savage DOES make a 100% milled 1911 for under $1,000, but they don't seem to be making a dent in the market so apparently it doesn't matter to people all that much regardless of the price.

>>61582640
Yeah sorry I didn't mean to come off snippy either lol

I just meant that even a "gritty" 7 pound 1911 trigger is still objectively better than almost any other type of gun, and that even Walther's great trigger isn't holyshitamazing like the P99 was, so a "bad" 1911 trigger would still be better even than a PDP

>>61582650
I would think you could build an AR10 pistol pretty small but probably not as small as an Encore with a short barrel but a lot more dakka

There was a .308 1911 too
>>
>>61582650
You can get arbitrarily short Encore barrels and an Encore in general is literally the bare minimum of a gun—lock, stock, barrel—but some meme derringer in .308 probably exists if you're a psycho
>>
>>61582670
>2 stroke is inappropriate for a motorcycle
Except I didn't say MIM was inappropriate for use in a gun. In fact, I said the exact opposite: it has numerous, very appropriate uses in a gun. It also has some sub-optimal uses. You're transparently attempting to pervert my post, and I honestly expected better from you. Again, what I said was "it’s about using MIM in the correct application." Verbatim.

MIM is not the devil.
>>
>>61582706
Okay dude
>>
>>61582706
>he trusted burt
Burt literally always just starts bringing up shit you never said to change the argument whenever he realizes he is sperging out over something that didn't even happen. He basically has dyslexia or his brain is moving too fast seeing things that didn't happen and he's in too deep/can't apologize and shut up so he just makes up shit you didn't say.
It's gay as fuck and why I just ignore him.
>>
>>61582616
Nobody who's said anything about it /here/ has substantiated their claims on that, so I assume they made it up as an excuse to trash a jew gun. The MIM parts seem to be correctly made and not a concern.
>>
File: 1710029250006851.jpg (240 KB, 1280x1600)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
A Burt just flew over my house and left a trail of inferior MIM parts strewn about.
>>
>>61582721
I'm responding directly to his own statements cousin
>MIM is absolutely fine in some contexts (like locking blocks and firing pins)
Implying by exclusion that it is not absolutely fine elsewhere, this is in line with his original statement
>and is substantially worse than milling in other contexts (like hammers and sears and disconnectors
This then changes his argument specifically to exclude the possibility of attacking the implication of his previous statement and the original statement by making it merely a "worse" material as opposed to inappropriate, or not "correct." If he's clarifying that's fine, but then why not lead with this, and why is he saying "no, no, no, no" instead of clarifying? I even directly asked him if MIM was an appropriate material [for fire control parts] and he said "no," hence the continuation of the argument >>61582290

I'm sure my though process is different, I'm just responding to the stimuli my receptors perceive

Also
>literally always
Hyperbole, this happens like once every 7 months when two pedants collide, you are only able to remember because I have a trip

>>61582808
Hey can I get those back? I need them for my Sigs
>>
I agree with Burt
>>
>>61582837
This is NOT me just clarifying with a timestamp before hackusations
>>
I'm also on team Burt
>>
I like Burt
>>
Burt hit the nail on the head this time
>>
>>61582198
>home defense pistol
This concept is dumb, long gun or you're long gone
>>
Just get a recover tactical brace for your Glock for home defense
>>
>>61582189
>Buy Tisas
>Make USA 1911 makers reduce MIM
>Simple as

$1000+ 1911s with MIM are stupid in 2024.

>but... but they use MIM in jet engines

That's not a 1911 though and I can't fit MIM like machined parts.
>>
>>61582265
BUL, Full of MIM, and Israeli.
>>
>>61582552
I could drop a pin on Kensington in Philly or Skid Row in L.A.
>>
>>61582136
What kind of ammo should I keep in my 92FS for home defense purposes? And where are some good places to keep it that are readily available if needed but also not out in the open?
>>
>>61582955
>and Israeli
So it's great
>>
We love israel here
>>
MIM parts bullied me when I was child.
>>
File: 20240423_221423.jpg (2.08 MB, 3024x3024)
2.08 MB
2.08 MB JPG
40 master race checking in
>>
>>61582706

MIM is the devil for small arms.

>All the Glock issues when they switched from investment casting the locking block, striker, and extractor to MIM.
>Kimber's reputation
>The ability to break hardening with simply filing

MIM is bullshit for small arms and is only approved by (((Accounting)))
>>
so can I blame MIM for all the QC issues I've had with american made guns?
>>
>>61582981
There is some strange stuff with the gen 5 glocks. Tons of slimline design issues, bad QC in the regular series, making magpul mags have issues with the ambi slide stops...

For what? Ambi controls? The meme front serrations and an uglier finish?
>>
>>61582968
Gold Dots, HSTs, or the other one
in your pockets
>>
Haven't checked this general in the last couple months. What did I miss? Is the twink drama over? Pic from this weekend.
>>
>>61582994

The Slimlines have compromises and they are not in the same league as the legacy Glocks.

Haven't seen the Magpul issues, but it's still a cheap aftermarket magazine when OEM magazines are $20 all day.
>>
>>61583007
Do you just go innaforest and shoot?
>>
>>61582955
>BUL
I know nothing about what this means for quality / reputability
>Full of MIM
I'm not concerned with MIM if it's given proper QC
>and Israeli
Any non-geopolitical reasons this matters?
>>
>>61582820
You've said such gems as "sear engagement is irrelevant, trigger quality is irrelevant, being able to hone factory components is irrelevant", as if everyone is just supposed to accept that absurd premise as a pretext to use MIM parts in all use cases. We can all scroll up to see it. Spare us the fucking question begging, any middle schooler can see you're being dishonest.

Again, for the fourth time, MIM has better and worse uses on firearms, just like how a cast iron engine block is fine, but cast iron windshield wipers are probably sub-optimal. This isn't a controversial stance, no matter how much you attempt to put words in my mouth to make it seem like it is.

>changes his argument
Please, you're the one invoking abject non-sequiturs such as "DON'T LIKE MIM? WELL, A MIM 1911 IS GONNA HAVE A BETTER TRIGGER THAN A POLYMER STRIKER GUN, SO MIM IS ACKSHUALLY NOT A THING YOU'RE ALLOWED TO DISLIKE!!"
Yes, people are going to have to "change their argument" when the guy you're arguing with is a meandering, sub-literate dilettante tripfag with high blood pressure.
>>
File: tx22 striker.jpg (556 KB, 2222x1481)
556 KB
556 KB JPG
>>61582968
Any of the big boys, Speer Gold Dot, Winchester Ranger, Federal HST etc. What do you mean where to keep it? Load the magazine and put it in the gun. Or stick that mag and +1 round in the nearest drawer when you take the gun out to shoot range ammo

>>61582989
What issues EXACTLY? And I mean EXACTLY state your case because brother I'm flipping sick and freaking tired of the back-and-forth

>>61582981
Do you want prices to stay low or not? A Glock cost $550 25 years ago and it still does today, a Sig P226 cost $800 25 years ago and nearly still does today. Let that sink in

You want $1,100 Glocks made out of curtain rods and $1,500 Sigs still made from stamped sheet metal? HUH? DIDN'T THINK SO. EMBRACE THE MIM
>>
>>61582136
I installed the "Short Standard Magwell Kit (20-round) kit" from Springfield Armory recently but there's a little bit of play on the front of the well. As in, it moves up and down a little. Is that normal for the XDM? its made out of the same polymer as it's frame if that bit of info helps.

Reference:
https://store.springfield-armory.com/xd-m-magwell-conversion-kit---9mm/

and

SEE PIC
>>
>>61583010
my point with the magpul stuff is glock is losing market share fast, especially to daggers and shadow system gen 3 stuff.

Thus the gen 5 is meaningless changes but making things like mags and parts proprietary to keep money
>>
>>61583024
I meant where to keep the gun itself.
>>
>>61583035
shoulder holster
>>
File: 20240503_055922.png (376 KB, 563x415)
376 KB
376 KB PNG
Okay hamgum general, riddle me this. I need uhhhhhhhhhhh
>steel/metal frame
>9x19mm caliber boolets
>hammer fired
>17 round magazines (17 magazines that are round shaped)
>side charging handle
>no safety features
>half pound trigger pull and short reset
>night suppressed sights
>optic ready (and must be willing to host!)
>ambidextrous everything
>no MIM anything
>preferably German made in Germany
>doody sized
>>
File: P_20240505_100753_1.jpg (3.03 MB, 4096x2732)
3.03 MB
3.03 MB JPG
>>61583015
Yes. This is 45 minutes from my house.
>>
>>61583053
P226 with SRT
>>
File: foto_no_exif (53).png (2.04 MB, 3698x1549)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB PNG
Poastin
>>
>>61583015
Forgot to add that Burt hates this spot and refuses to go lol
>>
>>61583025
Why the fuck would you get an XD? Are you retarded
>>
>>61583053
>no MIM anything
At this time of day, in this part of the country, localized entirely in this thread
>>
>>61583074
Just answer the question and I bought this pistol years ago. I personally like it and nothing will change that.
>>
>>61583022
>a pretext to use MIM parts in all use cases
Sigh, hyperbole. No, that's not what I'm saying or even implying. I said the low price of the Prodigy justifies the use of MIM. Price is the everpresent crux of this argument, to me. Clearly it isn't to you. Price justifies any shortcuts. The quality of the MIM-hamstrung trigger IS irrelevant to my argument, because price justifies everything. We are free to pay more for a better gun with a better trigger.
>MIM has better and worse uses on firearms
I will, do, and have always agreed, whether I overtly said so or not

Can we be done now? I want to be done now

>>61583035
Oh. You have kids? Biometric quick access safe. No kids? Just put it in a drawer or on the nightstand. Somewhere easy to hand. I have my HD pistol in the top drawer.

>>61583053
Lorcin

>>61583071
Bro how tf did you even get up there? That's insane there's no stairs or anything I don't see a frigging road anywhere
>>
>>61582978
Nice
>>
>>61583062
I appreciate the honest response at my attempt to shitpost. It actually ticks most the boxes.

>>61583079
jajajjajaja

>>61583084
perfecto.eft
>>
>>61583031
No, the Gen5 updates are better than the Gen3/4 period.

No more breakage of the trigger spring, no breakage of the slide lock, and breechface cutout for better ejection.

The ambi slide stop is pretty gay. I actually like the front serrations in use.
>>
>>61582354
As far as I know none the Mk.12s in the US have decockers. If they do it was a recent change.
>>
>>61583084
>Bro how tf did you even get up there?
Some very nice loggers built a road :-)
>>
>>61583099
>I appreciate the honest response at my attempt to shitpost. It actually ticks most the boxes.
Np! I just really need help with my issue right now!
>>61583025
(ᅲ﹏ᅲ )
>>
File: hadhadfhadhf.jpg (91 KB, 873x683)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>61583112
>As far as I know none the Mk.12s in the US have decockers
Huh? I thought that was one of the changes going from Mk7 to Mk12. This video is 6 years old
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VRLP-diwj8&t=291s

I don't know WHICH versions have decockers so I didn't answer anon but that's something that wasn't previously available

>>61583131
My car has like 2" of clearance lol mite b a problem. Also what about yahoos? I used to shoot on Memaloose Rd or whatever it was and there were some SCARY yokals out there man
>>
thoughts on the p320? alot of youtubers bring up the firing when dropped but i thought that was fixed
>>
>>61583084
>Price is the everpresent crux of this argument, to me.
The guy was literally asking what a Staccato has that a Prodigy doesn't, because the Prodigy is $1,000+ cheaper. One of those things is milled parts.

It was never an argument of "do MIM parts represent a better value than milled ones?", or vice versa. The calculus of whether or not those milled small parts (and fitting, and sear setting, and finish, and magazines, and other bullshit) are worth the price delta is not something I weighed in on, because the value of a dollar varies from person to person.
>>
>>61583173
idfk mine is permanently in my flux raider
>>
>>61583173
Why not just get a Glock? If you already have a Glock, what do you not like about it that you think buying a slightly different gun would correct?
>>
>>61582142
I like this. taking 33 round colt mags would be great.
>>
>>61583154
>Also what about yahoos?
I try to go on days without perfect weather, and get there in the morning. I didn't see a single person last Sunday. This weekend will probably be busy with the nice weather.
>>
>>61583173
Potential issues:

Drop safety thing, which is almost certainly fixed at this point.
The firing uncommanded while holstering thing that cops have had has never really been mechanically explained, and so I have to imagine it's an issue of cops being 85 IQ grunts, and isn't really an issue with the gun per se.
Firing out of battery thing: this too has probably been fixed at this point with the rolling changes to the disconnector, but it would be a recent fix.
Bent ejector thing: this is probably avoidable by using mags with the basepads installed correctly, and not using magazines with smaller basepads than meant for the grip module mag well.

The problem is that a new issue seemingly crops up every eight months or something, and so it might be less of a headache to just buy something else.

With all that being said, the X-Five Legion is the most popular gun in the most popular division in competitive shooting in the US, and so if these guns were having tons and tons and tons of issues, we'd probably hear more about it. So, they're probably fine.
>>
>>61583186
getting my first handgun and I like how it modular but looking at other options right now
>>
just get a glock, they aren't even THAT ugly
>>
Help me decide /k/omrades, I just finished my masters and I want to get myself a graduation present. I want a .357 revolver and I'm in between the following:
New gen blued 4.25" colt python for $1450
Smith & Wesson model 19 classic 4.25" for $900
I can't decide if my slight aesthetic preference for the colt is worth an extra $550.
>>
File: videos.jpg (251 KB, 1491x464)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
>>61582354
>>61583112
>>61583154
Ok I'm just guessing here but I think you may be able to identify models with a decocker by the style of levers used. If it has the little shelf (left) it's a safety with no decocker, if it has the ribbed for her pleasure lever (right) it's a safety with decocker with DAO mode. Maybe. That's what it seems like anyway, I only checked a few videos I have no hands on experience beyond my decocker-less Mk7.

>>61583195
This sounds miserable, I can eat Big Macs and shoot from a chair under a roof at Douglas Ridge and have a chat with a condescending RSO

>>61583173
Honestly it just seems so mediocre. The very cheapest stripped down models are in the low $400s, but like a fully featured Beretta APX A1 is way cheaper than that so price isn't even a justification

I just don't see getting a P320 over just about anything else, irrespective of issues. Can anybody name something it offers over say an APX A1 or M&P M2.0?
>>
>>61583242
>and have a chat with a condescending RSO
lmao
>>
>>61583007
Is that an old Suburban?
>>
>>61583242
>I just don't see getting a P320 over just about anything else, irrespective of issues. Can anybody name something it offers over say an APX A1 or M&P M2.0?
You can stick it in a flux raider for fun
>>
>>61583007
>>61583058
>>61583071
Are places like this common in western states? I know there's BLM land but I don't know if there's little spots like these dotted throughout that you can shoot at. Are you in the PNW?
>>
>>61583266
It's a blazer
>>61583275
Oregon. I find spots to shoot on google earth.
>>
>>61583283
Based Blazer driver. God Oregon looks so beautiful for shooting spots it's a shame how cucked y'alls gunlaws are getting
>>
>>61583283
Is it public land or do you just pick somewhere random and hope for the best?
>>
>>61583293
The more beautiful the land, the more cucked the people
>>
>>61583300
heh, so true
>>
>>61583293
114 was struck down. We're still good.
>>61583296
It's state forest. Legal to shoot as long as you follow certain rules.
>>
>>61583300
haha yup!
>>
>>61583311
I see. I've been letting the lack of good outdoor ranges around me discourage practice, so I might go this route.
>>
>>61582136
I need a modern production tt33 so bad. Pls just make 2011 but tok a 2033 if you will.
>>
>>61583324
What state are you in?
>>
>>61583331
Missouri
>>
>>61583208
You'll never realistically take advantage of the modularity—buying a new slide assembly and grip module to, say, go from full-size to a subcompact costs the same as buying a new gun, but instead of now having a Glock 26 and a Glock 17, you have a subcompact P320 and a full-size conversion kit in your plastic tub of P320 stuff, and any time you want to shoot the other one you have to disassemble and reassemble the gun.
>>
>>61583239
You'll be admiring the gun's looks way more than you'll be shooting it, and you'll still love how it looks long after the price difference is fully amortized. Get the Olt.
>>
>>61583340
If you're in SE Missouri it seems there's a lot of public land. Otherwise it looks lacking, but there seems to be some spots.
>>
File: RSO-pathetic.jpg (138 KB, 720x619)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>61583249
Over 9000 hours in mspaint

>>61583271
Well okay, surely there are similar things for other guns? Not the bulky Mako contraption but I know I saw a Glock thing with a spring action snap open
>>
>>61582946
Literally someone show me the specs differences and do a structural analysis of the parts and I’ll believe you. Otherwise this MIM nonsense is just nu-fuddlore
>>
>>61583367
I'm right under St Louis, I'll have a look though thanks anon
>>
>>61583373
>Otherwise this MIM nonsense is just nu-fuddlore
you fucking cock sucker
>>
>>61583025
Here I uploaded a video of what I'm talking about
https://streamable.com/a32ip4
>>
File: 006_600x600.jpg (28 KB, 330x270)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>61583380
Forgot pic earlier
>St. Louis
Plz b safe. Be careful of future doctors.
>>
>>61583393
>Be careful of future doctors.
It's why I'm on /k/
>>
>>61583380
I used to live there, good luck. I pretty much had to settle for conservation area shooting ranges.
>>
>>61583387
how does the magwell seat? do you use a set screw or anything, or does it just slide on/clip on?
if there's a set screw, you might be able to tighten it, but if not, you might be hosed
>>
don't use handguns as home defense weapons, just don't, it's not optimal, ok? shotgun-kun and rifle-sama would disapprove, let the big bois take care of 'em.
>inb4 my kids, muh overpenetration
we know you don't have those, stop larping. 9mm gonna go through that drywall like a knife through butter anyway
>45 aarp
I kneel, please accept my apologies
>>
>>61583373

>This nigga thinks you can work on MIM parts like machined parts
>He thinks the 1911 in particular doesn't really need parts fitted
>He wants to use parts that has a thin hardened surface that can be ruined from hitting that surface.

It's bean-counter bullshit, especially on older designs made for machined parts. It is a bit different on modern pistols that have fully drop-in parts and were engineered with MIM in mind.
>>
>>61583372
there's the recover tactical for the glock, but it's all plastic and you have to remove it if you want to disassemble the gun for cleaning and you'll probably lose zero on your optic when you do (IF your optic is on the recover tactical's picatinny rail and not on the slide)
>>
>>61583421
9mm fmj penetrates more compared to 5.56
>>
File: 1714807013010661.jpg (99 KB, 639x960)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
https://www.jutarnji.hr/vijesti/crna-kronika/jedan-od-najvecih-hrvatskih-inovatora-slucajno-upucao-sebe-i-americkog-drzavljanina-15458163

Main engineer from HS Produkt and an American from Springfield Armory got injured during testing of a prototype gun
>>
File: 20231105_145211.jpg (1.35 MB, 4032x2268)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB JPG
>>61582258
>has trouble pulling back the slide on modern guns
>suggests a makarov
that heavy ass slide and fuckheug direct bb spring will not fit your purpose. Just get a glock for the same price.
>>
>>61583410
>how does the magwell seat? do you use a set screw or anything, or does it just slide on/clip on?
Its a vertical pin on the bottom then the cross pin on the side. It felt correct in my hands when it clicked and matched into place. Looking closer at the product photos, I have a feeling its supposed to be like that?
>>
>>61583447
can you just shim the inside where the well interacts with the grip with some double sided tape? Might just try painters tape if there isnt enough room. Failing that maybe JB weld?

Im thinking big picture here, but do you actually time and practice your reloads? Reload speed is pretty gamer and that is not really the gun for it. No offense just wondering.
>>
>>61583447
Yeah, if it's just pins, you probably did it correctly, and it will always have a bit of slop. :(
>>
>>61583488
I mean the gun is functioning fine, if that helps. All of my mags work and function with the firearm (I'm using the 20 round mag it came with and my 22 round mags for it).

>>61583500
Yeah I figured that was the case. I know that there's aftermarket aluminum magwells for this gun that are far better quality. I honestly just wanted this so I have something to protect the bottom but not have this bulky nonsense in pic rel.
>>
>>61582136
just bought a 365xl, i dont understand the sig hate this thing fucks
>>
>>61583488
>can you just shim the inside where the well interacts with the grip with some double sided tape?
Its kind of possible but at the same time seems like a hassle. I definitely should've bought an aluminum magwell but the reason I didn't go with that route because I wanted something to protect the bottom of the pistol, nothing more, and I do take this pistol innawoods.
>>
>guy buys memefield
>it's a disaster
many such cases
why did you buy memefield?
>>
>>61583530
post handspan
>>
wtf my hand span is wider than my fucking face, do I have cancer?!
>>
>>61583578
Post your grotesque mutant mitten, frogman
>>
>>61583025
>XD
>>
>>61583543
not sure if the aluminum magwell would help really. At least on a glock, and I do not own any mag funnel things so im going off of memory, they also attach with just one screw in the back. Might just be a function of how these things tend to be set up.
>>
>>61583583
I can't, I'm not white
>>
I wish HS Produkt had found a better way to import their guns into the states. They really are not such terrible guns but Springfield makes them giga cringe with their stupid branding. I cringed IRL when I saw the Saint Victor which literally has SAINT VICTOR in giant letters on the magwell.
>>
>>61583007
H-hop?
>>
File: 8758439587.jpg (527 KB, 629x1049)
527 KB
527 KB JPG
>>61583583
>>
>>61583599
THE SPRINGFIELD SAINT VICTOR IS THE ONLY CHOICE FOR THE PROFESSIONAL PATRIOT
FEATURING ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES SUCH AS A CHROME-LINED BARREL AND AN AIRCRAFT ALUMINUM RECEIVER
NEVER A VICTIM, ALWAYS THE VICTOR
>>
>>61583578
pretty sure this is normal unless you're really really fat
>>
>>61583622
Lol. Lmao, even.
>>
>>61583632
what's wrong with being fat?
>>
>>61583571
what do I win
>>
File: 1525897863090.gif (156 KB, 220x124)
156 KB
156 KB GIF
>>61583639
it shrinks your head
>>
>>61583593
>not sure if the aluminum magwell would help really
A few magwell brands I've seen for the XD/XDM that have a metal construction (mostly aluminum) don't have play like this polymer magwell. I guess I brought that up as a comparison because its what most folks go to for their pistol. Definitely not what I intend to use this handgun for. My XDM is just a bullet hose that I use my suppressor on it, not some collection piece.

>>61583593
>At least on a glock, and I do not own any mag funnel things so im going off of memory, they also attach with just one screw in the back. Might just be a function of how these things tend to be set up.
I have a magwell on a PF940c build and that's aluminum, no play on that. Had it on there for years and it never gave me issues since.
>>
>>61583649
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>61583645
fat FUCK, what are you like 250lbs at the very least?
>>
>anime
>burrito
>wristwatch
>knife
>porno mag
>soda
>beer
>hand
What's the next stupid shit you have to post alongside your gun?
>>
>>61583662
170 lmao
>>
>>61583671
I don't see anyone posting anime or porno mags with their guns, you're fucking schizo and making shit up anon
>>
>>61583673
wtf??? What are you like, 5'4"?
>>
this isn't arg, we don't talk about tranime here
>>
>>61583691
5’11” and change, do you have a tbi?
>>
>>61583714
no, you just look like you have fatfuck fingers
>>
>>61583154
>My car has like 2" of clearance
What about when you aren't sitting in it? *Zing*
>>
File: 1380510535092.jpg (526 KB, 1536x2048)
526 KB
526 KB JPG
>>61583583
Bite me.
>>
>>61583671
coconut water (not stupid)
tobacco pipe (not stupid)
tranny keyboard
>>
Is it a bad idea to just carry 9mm 147gr FMJ as a defensive round? Overpenetration isn't really a concern and this way you get a slightly softer recoil and don't have to worry about expansion out of microcompact barrels while still getting a more barrier-blind projectile. Shot placement is supposed to be more important than bullet expansion as well.
Is there anything I'm overlooking that makes this a dumb idea?
>>
>>61583719
Probably just the photo
>>
File: snw.png (1.21 MB, 877x593)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
>>61583737
heh
>>
>>61583737
When my car is fully fueled and loaded up like with a bunch of groceries or a big range kit it scrapes on my driveway D:

>>61583753
>Is there anything I'm overlooking
Bigger wound cavities? More trustworthy ammo (powder, weight, sizing and crimping QC)? You may not be able to get 147gr ammo for short barrels but there are several commercial loads available specifically for teeny micro barrels.
>>
File: vomit_chan.png (883 KB, 745x715)
883 KB
883 KB PNG
>>61583746
>>
File: file.png (752 KB, 1784x1599)
752 KB
752 KB PNG
>>61583753
lucky gunner shows that 147 grain ammo out of short barrels may have issue expanding, some of the examples did not expand at all. 124 may be better performing, but it probably doesn't matter enough to make a difference.
>>
>>61583783
>FMJ expanding
>>
>>61583784
oh, misread.

Don't. What do you really think to gain from carrying FMJ? What are you going to do when you overpenetrate and hit someone? At least with JHP you attempted to minimize collateral damage. Here you are babbling about barrier penetration, are you thinking of shooting people through barriers? Doesn't sound like a good justification to carrying a worse performing round.

>recoil
it's 9mm, stop falling for the micro compact meme, that was so 2020
>>
>>61583802
What's the new meme? Are we just carrying full size 2011s now with optics?
>>
>>61583802
overpenetration is a meme, but if you cant shoot with +p 9mm going to standard pressure is not going to do jack shit for your performance. Also 124gr hst standard pressure is fine out of a 3" barrel iirc. Maybe im mixing up gold dot. Point being there are hp loads that are fine out of 3" guns.
>>
>>61583814
perhaps, the beretta anime poster was unable to convince people that the PX4 was the way, many anons have bought 2011s instead
>>
>>61583825
IIRC HST gets better expansion, Gold Dot gets better penetration.
>>61583827
I am too poor for a memecato.
>>
It's like I said before, everyone was shitting on the Shield Plus for being too big for a micro even though it's by a difference of millimeters. Everyone was chasing smaller and lighter guns. Now people are moving towards XLs and crossovers and shit because the micro micros suck for shooting. The pendulum is swinging back.
Give it another 5 years and people will start bitching that optics 2011s are too heavy and we'll start seeing subcompact 5.7 guns with integrated micro dots or something.
>>
>>61583753
This is stupid. You want the bullet to shoot out and come to a screeching halt in deep in tissue while getting expansion for maximum damage. There's also no reason you can't have both good shot placement and bullet expansion.
Quit being a cheapfag and at least pay out for the .45 cent a round JHP. Some expansion is better than none
>>
File: IMG_5976.jpg (1.62 MB, 4032x3024)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB JPG
>>61582136
am I being OCD or will this gap be fine
>>
File: IMG_5977.jpg (1.77 MB, 4032x3024)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB JPG
>>61583976
>>
>>61583976
wack it with a mallet. it will sit.
>>
>>61583979
First I'd an explanation regarding that white lettering.
>>
>>61583980
that doesn’t sound right
it’s like that because I couldn’t get the rear posts all the way down. they’re like a micron tall
>>
>>61583987
white nail polish, wipe excess with non acetone nail polish remover, 2-3 coats
it’s kinda coming off after a year
>>
I don't like 1911/2011s
>>
File: IMG_9118.jpg (646 KB, 2842x1691)
646 KB
646 KB JPG
>>61583976
>>61583979
That sliver of light is exactly how my EPS Carry looked before it kept losing zero on me, because the Holosun-supplied screws were a tad too long. If you’re applying enough torque (13 pounds, give or take) and the light remains and the optic loses zero, file down the screws a bit until they seat correctly. After I filed the screws down, I never had any further problems. Don’t over crank the screw in an effort to make the light go away, you can stretch out the screw and it’ll break.

You might also get marring of the optic housing, like on this 507k, which will tell you that the optic is sliding around under recoil.
>>
>>61583996
HOMO detected
>>
I want a prodigy just because imo it's the best looking DS1911 (I think the staccato is ugly). Money isn't an issue but I keep hearing they suck fucking ass and have a shit load of issues so I just can't fucking buy it out of principle.
>>
>>61582198
No. 9x18 is generally a less common and less developed .380. It’s not worth using as a CC cartridge in the face of modern .380’s and micro-9’s so it’s doubly unsuitable for a context where concealability isn’t a concern.
There are good reasons to want a smaller gun for HD, but it all amounts to maneuverability in tight quarters. All handguns maneuver in this way more or less the same- so there’s not much reason to not be using a high-capacity 9mm, .45, or 10mm with a light and optic.
I think the ideal HD gun would be an SMG with a 5-6” barrel and a can but we live in a gay timeline where we can’t have nice things.
>>
>>61583991
oh I thought the cut was just a smidge tight. I guess you could file the screw like the other anon said. That sound like a pain unless you have a vise with soft jaws. Id double triple check that the bottom of the screw holes dont have anything in the bottom and check the screws for any burrs. Run them down into the holes without the optic on etc. Then its try other screws or cut some kind of aluminum shim or copper if you can get it.

I guess on the up side you are getting a lot of thread engagement.
>>
>>61584033
I don't have any firsthand experience with the Prodigy, but I'm pretty sure most of the issues that were apparent early have been ironed out, and you can always just replace problematic parts with aftermarket ones. 10-8 Performance has a mini youtube series on souping up a Prodigy you might want to check out.
>>
>>61584013
Go suck start your 1911
>>
>>61584033
>>61584042
Springfield know the Prodigy sucks. They have worked hard to try and un-suck it but there's only so much you can do. The cool thing is that apparently if you get one that sucks from the factory you can send it in and they will give you a near custom quality gun, going over it and replacing and polishing everything because they know how embarrassing the rollout was. At least, this is what I hear. So if you really want one, there is no downside, you will end up with a good one one way or the other.
>>
>>61583772
Burt either drives the punisher van (lowered) or a miata.
>>
Well why did they call it the prodigy if it sucks so much dick?
>>
What the fuck?!?! Springfield armory isn't related to THE Springfield armory?!?? What the fuuuuuck, why is this company so rat like?!?!??
>>
>>61584077
Nope. It's all just one big lie for marketing purposes
>>
>>61584062
Springfield markets their guns to people who think trucks with flames painted on them and Punisher skull decals are cool.
>>
>>61584091
I thought that was sti/staccato
>>
>>61584104
No, Staccato markets to people who want to be gamers, who are richer and have slightly better taste than people who think Punisher skulls are cool.
>>
File: blucar.jpg (151 KB, 1777x1185)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>>61583976
There should not be a gap. Anons say holosuns vary in dimension but I'd be more apt to think the slide cut was wrong than the company churning out hundreds of thousands of units from the same machines.

If it were mine I'd take it off and inspect for burrs, see where it's contacting, and file the high spot until it sits flush. I would not just rely on screws to bend and crush the optic into a too-small slot.

>>61584033
>hearing they suck fucking ass and have a shit load of issues
Literally NO ONE has said that. There were a handful of media people who had ones with sticky disconnectors which caused feeding problems for some of them. There were a handful of people with small parts breakages. If the warranty fixes that, which they do, it's not a big deal. If the company stopped it from happening, which idk it seems like people are saying they did, then that's even better. But give up on this ridiculous hyperbole OH GOD UTTER DOGSHIT I HEARD FROM A GUY THAT SOMEONE HEARSAID ABOUT A YOUTUBE VIDEO ONCE THEREFORE THEY ARE ALL TRASH give me a break

>>61584061
>>
Do people with cringe MOLON LABE grips on their Springfield 1911s really exist?
>>
>>61584131
All ur blue guns make me cummy
>>
>>61584061
IS 300 IIRC.
I almost bought one but got a Camaro instead.
The non-turbo 2JZ is kind of gutless and the car takes too much effort to make faster .
>>
PALMETTO JUST GOT A LOT OF ITALIAN LE TRADE IN BERETTA 84S.
$400 THIS IS NOT A DRILL.
https://palmettostatearmory.com/beretta-model-84-bb-3-8-13rd-380acp-pistol-le-trade-in-excellent-condition-a5636000000000.html
>>
>>61582198
A makarov isn't a good ANYTHING gun.
But that being said, God I love them.
Maks are the compact pistol equivalent to an AKM; shitty by all modern standards, but a perfect example of midcentury cheap industrial design.
>>
>>61584138
Me too want to jo? No homo.
>>
>>61582142
>no slide but front serrations
some next level shit
>>
>>61584179
You can pretend to be Makarov Ocelot
>>
C96 for non-assrape prices when?
>>
>>61584131
No people were saying that. It hasn't been hyperbole. They malfunction in so many videos. People's reaction might be hyperbole, but you need to have perspective. $1400 is a lot to some people and they will absolutely chimp the fuck out if it's not perfect. Warranty being honored is good, but it's the bare minimum. They shouldn't have been shipping out of the factory like that.

You minimizing the well known issue because there were only a few publicized issues reminds me of your reaction to the DDH9 situation. Reminder that it doesn't need to have widespread reports (which it does) to be a gun with issues.
>>
>>61584196
Burt is basically a shill who will take the side of the gun companies every time. It's why I laughed when he got embarrassed over the Daniel H9 saga. It totally exposed him.
>>
>>61584196
I'm not going to go line by line again like the other guy but I agree with you because this post is not pants on head hyperbole. The gun doesn't "suck fucking ass and have a shit load of issues." It has or had issues. Big difference.
>>
>>61584181
Yo, listen up here's a story
About a big guy
That lives in a /hg/ world
And all day and all night
And everything he sees is just blue
Like burt, inside and outside

Blue his house
With a blue little glock
And a blue lexus
And everything is blue for him
And himself and everybody around
Cause he ain't got no janny to ban him
>>
Speaking of Daniel defense... Honestly I've had nothing but issues with my ddmk18 (fail to fire), but that might be the bcg lol, I can't be arsed to deal with it anymore though.
>>
>>61584205
I think he was saying that's what he heard. Which I believe him. Suck ass for the amount of malfunctions? Deserved. Fixable? Yeah.

>>61584210
Big if true, DD is literally worse than Aero tier. Get the flavor of the month bcg recommendation from /arg/ and tell them about your DD experience to influence it.
>>
>>61584168
HOLY SHIT, THANK YOU ANON ORDERING NOW
>>
File: heck.jpg (104 KB, 413x310)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>61584204
You didn't laugh at anything, just like you never contributed to any conversation

>>61584213
If that's what he heard verbatim then he needs a better BS detector. But I'm inclined to believe that's his interpretation of reading 3 contextless noguns posts.

I need to chill, this endless gen-a/zoomer doomer Sith hyperbole shitposting is getting to me. Every single fucking issue is exploded to massive proportions over seemingly NOTHING. Mountain out of a molehill doesn't even begin to describe this bleak ass generation that has no experience with anything, no filter for what they perceive and no critical thought. And I'm not even being hyperbolous, this is how kids think and act now which they express with a 9 word vocabulary.
>>
>>61584213
The problem is it's already a $1200 handgun (cheapest I could find at least), how much would it cost to fix the issues?
>>
>>61584235
Stfu fatass yousaid the DD H9 keyholing was nothing and then Daniel put out a statement admitting it like an hour later. You are a shill.
>>
>>61584235
Nah I've been looking at posts from both the springfieldprodigy subreddit and the 2011 subreddit and there's a ton of issues even with some of the newer batches. What's funny though is that from everything I've seen it still sounds like it's better than the Apollo 11 and mac9ds
>>
>>61584242
What is a "ton" of issues though? Do you mean to say like 2 issues that you are seeing over and over? Or did you see 25 distinct problems? The ones I know of were disconnectors causing the slide to stick and safeties breaking and if that's all I wouldn't call 2 things a ton. This is what I mean. I appreciate that you actually dug into it though. Sorry by the way, I'm not trying to be a dick to you or anybody.

Except this guy
>>61584239
More nothing from you
>>
>>61584254
NTA but I saw a lot of newer posts about optics plates falling off. Some people mention using red loctite and hopefully that fixes it, other people think it's the screws that come with it
>>
File: ernesto.jpg (1.3 MB, 3000x4000)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB JPG
>>61582136
>order LTT 92
>finally comes in 10 weeks later
>screws are marked so assume they're loctited
>go to range
>shit starts getting wiggly
>mfw I have no face
Thanks, ernie.
>>
>>61584168
These are neat. I would really like to have one.
>>
I'm glad that more people are starting to realize that Burt may own a lot of guns, but he is a retard that doesn't know a lot about them and isn't very smart or interesting.
>>
>>61584269
You could have one now.
I can't because I don't have $400 to spare. Enjoy it on my behalf.
>>
>>61584131
BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>61584267
Well that sucks.
>>
>>61584267
>absolutely soaked with some kind of white threadlocker
>comes loose
OOF
Well, redo it with blue loctite but yikes.
>>
>>61584236
Time and transfer fees if you opt to send it back until it works. If you DIY and have the tools already not much. If you want to upgrade the internals like $200
>>
>>61584168
Its a BB gun :/
>>
>>61584267
Yeah those shits have walked out on me too on one gun. Mind you, I always had at least 1 that stayed down enough. On the Beretta factory cut I've never gotten those fuckers to stay down even with vibratite.
>>
>>61584267
lol Damn good thing you checked. Why would they paint lines if they didn't use threadlock??? And what's that white stuff?

Also are you the guy who posted the new slide yesterday or day before?

>>61584271
Still more nothing. Just a whole bunch of ethereal ghostly nothing couched in a shitpost.
>>
>>61584287
>Caliber: .380 ACP
No it isn't you cocksmoker.
>>
File: ernesto.1.jpg (1.49 MB, 4000x3000)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB JPG
>>61584293
Not sure what the white stuff in. The screws are bare minus the left one. No I haven't posted in a week or so.
>>
>>61584299
Yes it is you buttmunch. It has BB in the listing title. Therefore BB Gun.
>>
>>61584306
You deserve to be banned
>>
>>61584299
I got the joke. I chuckled.
>>
>>61584305
Weird. I wonder if it isn't some kind of internal marking system to indicate a screw was torqued or something.

Man there sure are a lot of optic plates coming off lately. I never use loctite and I've only ever had one come loose and it was a direct mount.
>>
>>61584350
That's amazing. I learned my lesson with loctite when a x300u-b flew off my .45.
>>
>>61584299
That's basically a BB

>>61584311
You deserve to be put on display at the butthurt assmad anon museum
>>
>>61584276
I wish. Not spending money right now.
>>
Burt do use you any sort of loctite (or whatever) on your muzzle devices for your AR uppers?
>>
>>61584352
A Surefire came apart?? wtf, when I took the mount off my X300 to change it those screws were CRAZY tight there's no way mine could come off lol

I torque to ~17 inch pounds typically or more if the manufacturer suggests, what are you using?
>>
>>61584390
Oh no it didnt come apart, the screw just came loose and flew off the gun. This was back when I didn't have a torque screwdriver.
I sent them a message regarding how the secure the plates and what the white shit is.
>>
File: ltts.jpg (2.61 MB, 3101x2955)
2.61 MB
2.61 MB JPG
>>61584409
It's just a white marker they then draw a line across. The threads look threadlocked, just seems like there wasn't enough or it didn't get a good enough purchase on it. I've found vibratite to last the longest since it literally gums up the threads.
>>
>>61584428
The one on the left had a whisper of it, even then that one came loose too. Pretty annoying for the price I paid for the gun ngl.
I just used blue loctite. I've used it on my m4 + rmr and it's held through plenty of slugs.
>>
>>61584385
No but I'm definitely not a high volume rifle guy, I think the most I have through one AR is about 3k, most are around or less than 1k. I use crush washers or shims plus 30 ft lb or whatever the manufacturer calls for and not had one come off, again with the caveat that I'm not putting cases and cases through them. I specifically did not want to have thread locker on out of fear it would tweak silencer mounts off center

>>61584409
Is that the aluminum mount? Mine's plastic, maybe why it's so toight
>>
>>61584276
Just ordered one now, what shall i do on your behalf?
>>
>>61584500
Shoot it
>>
File: IMG_0887.jpg (2.09 MB, 2016x1512)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB JPG
>>61583087
You should be
>>
File: 1684551071446904.jpg (540 KB, 1296x1014)
540 KB
540 KB JPG
Used Sig P220 .45 for 1k. Produced in Germany. Need it or keep it?
>>
>>61582136
HK then with a $750 striker shit 9mm...
>hahha! fuck you, poors!
hk now with the same striker shit 9mm for $425.
>-p-p-p-p-pleeease buy our shit, poors!

https://www.defensedepot.com/product/hk-81000283-vp9-9mm-luger-4.09-2-171-black-steel-slide-black-interchangeable-backstrap-grip
>>
>>61584279
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgztfRBc2jM
>>
File: IMG_1924.jpg (1.87 MB, 2962x3286)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB JPG
This is Naomi
>>
File: IMG_1922.jpg (1.84 MB, 2789x3335)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB JPG
>>61584629
>>
>>61584581
Great pistol, horrible price. That's a $500-600 gun.
>>
File: Handgun AH.png (18 KB, 375x154)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>61584615
:D
>>
>>61584629
>This is Naomi
Hey Trombley, if you keep talking to your weapon like it's trim, everyone's gonna know you're a total psycho.
>>
File: IMG_1927.jpg (63 KB, 491x278)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>61584722
>>
>>61582622
An 85 year old man in the Revolutionary War survived being shot in the head by a 50 caliber musket ball and bayoneted 7 times, some people just won't die.
>>
Is it just me or have these threads been extra insufferable since the staccato clone trend? There's not even that many being posted but it seems like 90% of the shitposting leads back to them.
>>
>>61584168
Nice I got mine for 325 in 2021 so that's a fantastic price for current year
>>
>>61584597
They went through this cycle in 2017 as well when they reduced the P30 MSRP from $844 to $588 and had VP9s at $450 street price with a mail in rebate for 4 free magazines on top. $430 in 2024 though is pretty nuts they must be PANICKED or taking another swirl around the bankruptcy drain

>>61584780
Sour grapes (aka anything over $500) tend to bring out the worst in people. It just happens that a lot of double stack 1911s have come out lately and only the third world ones are accessible
>>
>>61584893
They're doing the same thing CZ is with the P10, Beretta with the APX (And PX4, 92, etc with their rebates), and what plenty of other companies do on a regular basis. Lowering their prices to try and increase market share.
>>
Is stealth arms doing a 10mm platypus?
>>
>>61584968
In 2035 when Glock falls out of favor for Snigs or M&Ps I can't wait for them to flood the market with 250 dollar glocks.
>>
>>61584968
Typically there's a more pressing reason for it, like the Trump Slump, poor sales, or liquidating older models in preparation for new revisions

My guess for the VP9 is badly slumping sales. $730 for plasticshit LOL
>>
>>61585082
>$730 for plasticshit LOL
I couldn't help but notice that you have an M&P Core and a Walther Q5
>>
>>61585158
He also has 4 figure paperweights from meme companies and shits on Nu Colt despite them actually fixing their garbage QC issues under warranty.
>>
File: healthy meal.jpg (1.75 MB, 2600x1733)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB JPG
>>61585158
Buddy you don't know the half of it
>>
File: honkhonk.png (1.93 MB, 1130x957)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB PNG
>>61585191
I'm thinking about converting my P2000 to LEM.
>>
>>61585222
https://youtu.be/_VyA2f6hGW4
>>
lol Burt was a shitposter all along.
>>
>>61584581
These are so damn cool. Indestructible, too. Idk how these anons claim to get screamin’ good deals all the time, but in good condition this gun should retail between 850-1000.

Well worth the money, and store owners deserve to make a living of ~100, despite what min/maxers say.
>>
>>61585266
>Indestructible, too
Guy I knew who was with DOE said they had issues with frame cracking on theirs. Then again I don't know what kind of round counts were on those guns. A grand for a used 220 is way high though. Nice examples can be found for $500-700.
>>
>>61585274
In my experience, frame cracking tends to be an issue with .40 built to 9mm specs on aluminum frames. Not generally an issue with steel frames, certainly not in a German 220.

In my humble opinion, a German 220 is probably one of the finest pistols ever made. Real masterpiece end-of-the world engineering. German sigs, especially with the frame rollmark under the barrel, are buy-on-sight material.
>>
>>61584893
>They went through this cycle in 2017 [...]
Yeah, I know. Just shit poasting at work.
>>
File: wrong.jpg (92 KB, 832x815)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>61585264
>>
>>61584780
ALL me btw. Not even kidding
>>
>>61582401
Why would you buy a glock after you already bought the superior striker gun? Get a 10mm Anon
>t. fellow VP9 and 10mm owning Anon.
>>
Isn't the VP9 just a PDP with a maggot grip?
>>
File: hk caught cribbing.jpg (1.11 MB, 2600x1733)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
>>61585477
No, it's made more cheaply using stamped sheet metal and it's only tangential link to Walther is that HK copied the single action lever/hammer arm/striker arrangement of the PPQ to cheat a better trigger out of what would have undoubtedly otherwise just been unremarkable strikerslop
>>
>>61584267
They’ve walked out on me about 3 guns, once you replace it with vibratite it never happens again
>>
>>61582136
I'm still waiting for Taran Tactical to work their magic on the Hi-Point.
Then again, how can you improve on perfection?
>>
File: IMG_4907.jpg (2.4 MB, 4031x3023)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB JPG
>>61584267
>>61585939
Actually, we can safely assume they’re having QC issues considering they forgot to do half of my RDO cut package the other day. They didn’t do the top end rebuild so I have F decockers and the same old shit I shipped it with
>>
Bros I'm so hyped for my SA prodigy, I can't wait anymore
>>
File: IMG_4930.jpg (726 KB, 1284x1275)
726 KB
726 KB JPG
Holy shit it’s Burt
https://x.com/keltecofficial/status/1787974078449496504?s=46&t=uAG8cPK1tCKKj57X0913qQ
>>
>>61585989
Animufag betrayed by LTT
>>
>>61586041
tranime trannies BTFO'd once more, based LTT
>>
anyone else cross-eye dominant? i'm trying to train past it but i'm really struggling
>>
>>61586145
I was, until my eyes degraded so my right eye is better but I don’t understand how you have issues. In slow fire just close your other eye, or just use a red dot.
>>
>>61586145
Just put the gun out in front of your dominant eye.
>>
>>61586129
My LTT was just fine when I bought it last year. Still is. Ernest Langdon signed one of the promotional fliers that was in the box iirc
>>
>>61586145
went thru this , cross dominant and dom eye has astigmatism. researched changing dom eye , laser surgery, closing one eye. seriously don't even worry.
>>61586206 its this simple and shoot both eyes open. Rifles u gotta compromise
>>
Are heavy full size steel frame handguns supposed to be any faster than lightweight polymer handguns? Obviously the lightweight handgun will probably have more muzzle flip and felt recoil, but in theory, shouldn't it also be easier to adjust back onto target and stabilize sight picture? I feel like my full size guns (sample size 1) kinda bounce around for a sec after a shot breaks.
>>
>>61586525
Adding to this. Full size gun feels like >sproyoyoing
whereas my compact guns feel like
>bonk
My full size is also my only handgun with a dot so maybe it's just more noticable. But then again I'm faster with my compacts, but then again I have more experience with them so idk.
>>
>>61586145
For handguns I shift my head to get my strong eye (right) behind the sights, and for long guns I just shoot right handed because it's my strong eye and most guns are built to be right handed anyway.
>>
File: IMG_4932.jpg (1.38 MB, 1284x1761)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB JPG
>>
>>61586892
The era of the microcompact polymer pistol is over. We are now in the age of the metal frame compact/fullsize optics ready 2011 for CC.
>>
>>61586892
2innovations1cup
>>
>>61586525
>>61586551
Yes, heavier guns tend to be faster in competition than lighter ones. Ben Stoeger says that he can essentially go full tilt with a Glock out to about 20 yards, but with a heavy CZ he can push it to 25-30. Pretty much all high-tier gamers will run up to the weight limit in their division, using things like heavier grips, weighted flashlights, and heavy frames. The Carry Optics weight limit is something ridiculous, like 59 ounces, which is retarded for a division with “Carry” in its name, but whatever.

Weight distribution is a thing, too. A gun with a lot of weight in its frame (like the tungsten-infused X Five Legion) will be faster to transition from target to target, a muzzle-heavy gun like a Shadow 2 will be better at taming recoil.
>>
>>61586967
Which is very homosexual. I want a re-release or revamp of the S&W third gen DA/SA metal framed pistols
>>
>>61587023
>modernized futureproof descendant of the legendary 1911 (TWO WORLD WARS)
>very homosexual
Post your gay hand
>>
>>61584446
Yeah I've not found their work to be that consistent. When they recoated my slide it was tight on the rails to the point it was a little sticky. Had to file it down a little.
>>
>>61586892
>Another ugly pos
Is it really that hard to copy the prodigy and make it better?
>>
>>61587056
The Prodigy is ruined by Memefield putting PRODIGY on the slide.
>>
>>61587053
Cerakote usually doesn’t do that and the Cerakote is a third party operation. You were getting a LTT slide cut? The LTT slide might have been extra tight since they probably handfit them to the frames and then a recoat of thick Cerakote would cause that
>>
>>61587083
Then just copy it and remove the text
>>
>>61587111
But then how will people know I have a Prodigy? It's kike driving a Honda with no H.
>>
>>61587118
Woah cool it with the antisemitism!
>>
>>61587118
>kike
Obsessed
>>
>>61587008
>like 59 ounces, which is retarded for a division with “Carry” in its name
>he doesn't CCW an all-steel longslide 2011 with a 507Comp and a 1 lumen AliExpress LED glued to the front of a depleted uranium muzzle weight
>>
>>61587118
But like... Do you want people to know you own a prodigy...?
>>
>>61587098
Ok? I don't care who does what, I don't care if Langdon personally shoves it up his ass or pays some street trash to do it. It came back operating worse than before. I got a PX4 trigger pack with the trigger bar return spring adjusted wrong. I got a comp they admitted they didn't test that bent down and started getting strikes. They are not a consistent company. The stuff they do is cool when it works though.

>>61586525
Noticeably so
>>
>>61587037
Can't fix a lame horse.
It's 2024, there's better designs nowadays
>>
>>61587098
Cerakote is notoriously thin, certainly thinner than traditional finishes like bluing or paint-over-park.
>>
I mean are you really a mutt if you don't own a 1911...?
>>
>>61586145
If you want to use irons or scopes either squint the dominant eye or rotate your head for irons. Red dots and holo sights don't matter so I'd recommend those.

>>61587142
Oh yeah and mind you those are just the problems I have, I know other people who have had problems with them. Way she goes with LTT.
>>
>>61587147
Can confirm. I am not white and I don't own a 1911. Also the Springfield Prodigy is a status symbol where I live, if you have one other bearded tacticool guys whistle hickishly and are impressed.
>>
>>61585013
It's the next caliber up I think. However, not sure on status there since they got super popular all of a sudden. Adding another caliber would probably slow down their existing production.

>>61584780
Because 2011s have a reputation for being expensive and the cheaper ones a rep for being shit. It inevitably causes a poorfag cope debate or people making absolutely wild claims. The allure has been particularly strong of late because LFA and Tisas came out with even cheaper options than the Prodigy and everybody woke up and found out about the Platypus late.
>>
>>61587131
n-nani!?
>>
>>61587200
Platypus fugly though
>>
>>61587206
Yeah, it's also not a 2011 but people have been posting about it a lot.
>>
gray desk anon is the ONLY poster to stand up to the LTT shills
his bravery is to be commended
>>
Anyone have any experience with a Clark Custom? I might get an SSR
>>
>>61587237
Langdon is going to hold my slides hostage isn't he? The last anon had his held hostage and they didn't even do all the work.
>>
Someone make a new thread
>>
I hate gunsmithing because I fuck up a lot and it ends up costing much more than anticipated.
>>
>>61585191
Stevie wonder how many pounds you eat in a day, because you must be the olive guardian.
>>
new

>>61587384
>>61587384
>>
>>61587391
What's new? Is there anything new? Its always feels like a never ending loop. Where's the exit?
>>
File: 1714499944250.jpg (292 KB, 1316x816)
292 KB
292 KB JPG
>>61587206
It's as fugly as you make it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.