[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: P80-PF940v2-BLK_01-1.png (226 KB, 600x480)
226 KB
226 KB PNG
Can I 3D print these (exact dimensions and everything) and sell them at gun shows?
Is this a legal/good/profitable idea?
>>
no.
>>
>>61583496
not legal
not good (shit way of doing it)
not profitable (anyone who'd want one either already has one or now 3d prints)
>>
>>61583496
>legal
1) Selling an unfinished frame and a jig? Depends on how the lawsuits to put a muzzle back on the ATF do this summer at the Supreme Court. But right now that's going to be treated as a crime, regardless of the actual status. That said, the criminal negligence you'd be committing would very much be a crime.
IIRC P80 also has a patent in force on their specific jig design, which you would be violating. That's an issue for the civil courts to decide, but would not help your situation when the glowie at the gun show wanders past.

2) No, it's fucking retarded. Those kits have different materials, tolerances, and a number of design features. A straight 3D print of one would be unsafe

3) There's a sucker born every minute. I suspect, however, you wouldn't be able to sell enough of them to cover the other associated expenses.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.