[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/k/ - Weapons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1720107364355345.jpg (57 KB, 682x400)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
Post gear. Discuss gear.
Previous >>61986315
>>
new infographics coming soon.
/bag/ image attached.
No lead-core hunting rounds won't penetrate RF2 plates.
Yeah AP rounds and M80A1/M855A1 are becoming more common, so a good Level IV plate is still a reasonable choice.
>>
I remember talking about this with someone a few months ago. Would sewing a few space blankets in the batting of a poncho make it anti-thermal?
>>
>>62041733
No, because the metal in the space blankets is coated in a plastic that absorbs and reflects heat. This is very easy to test. Take a space blanket and drape it over a hot water bottle, then look at it with a thermal camera. You'll see that bottle, plain as day.
And basically the outer layers of your poncho are going to light up, even if you put multiple layers of metal foils inside the batting.
>>
>>62041775
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but why would draping it over a hot water bottle let you see the water bottle? If I drape it over a human, I can't see the human.
>>
>>62041798
You definitely can see the human, especially when that human is active and gets hot.
Believe me, if it were as simple as you think, people would already be using such things. It doesn't work because the outermost layer on the space blanket gets visibly hot enough to stand out against the background, and thermal sensors are very good and sensitive these days. If you cover the space blanket with something else, those new external layers will get hot, so they don't help and they might even make things worse.
>>
>>62042028
Maybe we're just splitting hairs here, but I can absolutely post videos of space blankets defeating thermals. Of course, it's a static test, I'll give you that I haven't seen anyone running around and doing it; but space blankets defeat thermals.
>>
>>62042048
Either your thermals suck, or your test sucks.
It could be that your sensor is being confused by the reflective layer on the space blanket. There are lots of reflective materials that confuse thermal sensors, but they can't be used because they're too striking in the visual spectrum.
Anyway, you're doing something wrong, because this is an old problem and a critical one, and space blankets aren't even close to the answer.
>>
>>62042082
They're not videos lol. There's videos on youtube. Again, I'll grant you that after a while, the space blanket might absorb enough heat to show, but simply putting a space blanket over a person defeats that thermal. Seriously, it will take you less than 2 minutes to watch a video of it on youtube.
>>
>>62042093
Not my* videos.
>>
I'm like 10 seconds away from buying a clone of a crye airlite harness because they don't sell the harness separately. Anyone have any experience with the pew tactical or emerson clones? Feels dirty to buy clones but fuck crye for not selling it separately
>>
>>62042048
>but I can absolutely post videos of space blankets defeating thermals.
to defeat thermal you need separation with any solid surface. marines mitigated their fighting hole signature by digging a spiderhole covering with a space blanket, tarp, then concealing the outside with dirt and natural foliage.
even if you defeat thermal, you still need to account for all other visible spectrums like NIR and the naked eye. no point in space blankets when they reflect light like a signal mirror.
>>
File: 1389501261030.gif (2.23 MB, 817x537)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB GIF
>>62036182
>>62018403
>>62016805
cheers to you helpful gq anons
>>
>>62042598
That's why I was wondering if sewing them into the batting of a cloak would work. I'm not talking about running around with a space blanket wrapped around you.
>>
>>62042627
how much would you sweat if you wore a wool sweater in the middle of summer. i think you underestimate the effectiveness of mylar in reflecting your own body heat especially when moving long distances under heavy load.
>>
>>62042627
in theory yes it would work, emphasis on theory
would need to be tested of course
>>
>>62042816
you could probably make some kind of anti thermal poncho that would kind of work if you were static, might even be a bit comfy with the extra warmth
>>
>>62042845
if you live in the us, beez combat systems makes a camo net that mitigates some thermal signature for hide sites
>>
>>62042816
There's a lot of assumptions here. First off, a cloak isn't a sweater, secondly why would it need to be wool? There are dudes right this second wearing linen robes in 115 degree deserts and they do so every single day. They used to do it while blindly shooting their AK's into the hesco walls. I think you overestimate your knowledge of things.
>>
>>62042860
this, it's called spectraflauge and actually works extremely well as a static hide
>>
>>62042862
i question if you even know how your own body reacts to physical exertion when wearing layers.
>>
>>62042940
I do, yeah. Because I used to wear quite a few of them in that same environment that the robe wearing dude was shooting at the hesco walls. I'm willing to bet I understand how my body reacts better than you do.
>>
Looking for a solid edc and home defense flashlight. Any recs?
>>
>>62042946
so you want to wear a fabric cape with a mylar blanket sewn underneath. do you seriously not foresee any issue with this running around in gear?
>>
>>62043026
People do it in ponchos all the time. Honest to god, you are nowhere near as smart as you think you are lol.
>>
>>62043053
>People do it in ponchos all the time.
do these ponchos have mylar sewn in them
>>
>>62043053
God damn nigger you are stupid
>>
>>62043090
Some of them do, yeah. You can buy a 4 pack of them on Amazon for $20.
>>62043102
Not an argument +didn't ask +you're gay
>>
>>62043109
>some of them do, yeah. You can buy a 4 pack of them on Amazon for $20.
then go try it out for yourself.
>>
>>62043102
Why the racism?
>>
>>62042987
get one of those 1k lumen streamlights with strobe
definitely enough to blindsomeone
>>
>>62043163
I don't want to, I want to larp in the forest with my bros wearing a thermal proof cloak.
>>
>>62043198
nta, have a protac 1L-1AA and it has been unreliable at times even with a tested new lithium battery.
>>62042987
surefire g2x tac
>>62043213
then pay up lil nigga
https://www.beezcombatsystems.com/collections/predator-ghillie%E2%84%A2/products/predator-ghillie-spectralflage-blanket
>>
>>62043213
we already told you who makes an actual one, but your retarded nigger gorilla ass won't listen
>>
>>62043220
>>62043222
Yeah, I already looked at that. It's cool, but I want to make one. You fags are prolapsing your entire intestine over this lmao.
>>
>>62043235
do you have a thermal device to test this.
>>
>>62043274
I have access to one, but not personally. That's why I thought it would be fun to shoot the shit with my favorite internet autists first and throw around some ideas, but apparently the autism prevents that.
>>
>>62043220
>surefire g2x tac
Thanks for the rec! Anything else I should consider? This seems pretty bomb. What about rechargables?
>>
>>62043282
you can buy those mylar ponchos to test as a proof of concept before you spend more time developing this further. everyone's body is different, i get too warm if i walk with a t-shirt jeans on in freezing temps. YMMV
>>
Emergency/space blankets are loud as hell. Not a problem if you're trying to avoid a drone seeing you, but otherwise you'd better hope whoever's looking for you is deaf.
>>
anyone have recommendations for molle side pockets for rucks? so far this is the best option I've found
>>
>>62043920
savotta makes them in 4L to 12L sizes but they only make flat colours no multicum
>>
>>62044015
thanks I'll check them out, looking to get them in CB anyway so that should work
>>
File: hexar tile array.png (780 KB, 746x910)
780 KB
780 KB PNG
>>62042205
it would be cool if you could make an argument proving me wrong on anything
>>62041347
great, so you don't even know what we were talking about. this had nothing to do with loading m2ap projectiles in 300 win mag (something which can't even beat most quailty level 4s reliably) it was about how there are many common magnum rifle calibers which are "substaintially stronger than m80" which you need level 4 to project yourself from for....some reason?

this level 4 worship is the easiest way to pick out a complete newfag. do you know why all ther rf2/3+ options are much more expensive that trash like the hesco 4401 and rma1155 series?
because they
>use backers made of high end polyethylyne, not dumpster tier fiberglass.
>have strike faces that are bonded to the backer with some actual effort
>use properly spaced tile array strike faces than can handle more than 1-2 hits with falling to pieces
this is all because they have to take at minimum 6 rounds in certification, while 4 only needs a single hit of m2ap to pass. in reality, this makes a quality rf2/3+ far outperform the majority of 4s, unless you're in ukraine where 7n31 is flying around out of pkms. yes, this applies to defeating lead core magnum rounds too, as backer determines backface deformation, considering none of these rounds have the ability to actually pen the strike face. their only concern is how much tramua you'd face on the other side, which in this case would be minimal, especially from a 50-100 meter standoff
pic related is an rf2 that has eaten 10+ rounds of m80 and m855. have fun finding out what most level 4s would look like after half this abuse
>>
>>62043282
Yo I've literally tested this and it doesn't work. Probably a thousand people have tested this, and all of them have reached the same conclusion.
A naked space blanket may or may not work, depending on the quality of your sensors. Didn't work with mine.
A space blanket covered in anything, like camouflage fabric, will not work.
You're free to try, but it's just not that simple.
>>
>>62044172
I don't understand the obsession many people in the tacticool subculture have with level 4 plates, either. They're like any other plate. One hit from anything and they're compromised. Sure, any well made plate will be able to take several hits before you really have to start worrying about something zipping through, but the point stands.

There are plenty of level 3+ and even SRT plates that will stop every common .22 to .30 caliber rifle round in civilian hands. Shit, even that Hesco M210 SRT plate that gets shilled everywhere will stop a few rounds of M855A1. Getting asked if you have level 4 plates doesn't mean shit when see how many guys out there are toting AR "pistols" loaded with M193 and M855.

If someone lives somewhere rural and they're worried about some good ol' boy clapping them with his .300 WIn Mag, then yeah level 4s are probably worth considering.
>>
>>62043920
surplus sustainment or IFAK pouches.
>>
>>62043282
>my favorite internet autists
That’s your problem right there. /gq/ can do nothing but parrot common opinions on pre-approved gear. This place is not for discussion or fun.
>>
File: 1665028780453531.gif (1.78 MB, 720x404)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB GIF
>>62044172
Damn he's going for "most retarded post in the thread" twice in a row!
>>
>>62044525
>If someone lives somewhere rural and they're worried about some good ol' boy clapping them with his .300 WIn Mag, then yeah level 4s are probably worth considering.
>not owning land west of the Mississippi
NGMI
>>
>>62044788
Some corn-fed plains drifter will 360 no-scope you with his .300 WM from 500 yards away.
>>
if cover myself in mud like arnold in the predator movie is it enough to bypass thermal? i think it's the cheapest way to do it in field right?
>>
>>62045111
Nice trips but nah.
You're probably trolling, but it'll work until your body heats up the mud, which will take all of two minutes.
>>
>>62045130
shows what you know fagget.
how about you stop spreading lies kike.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoqsBQYM4lY
>>
>>62044525
> One hit from anything and they're compromised. Sure, any well made plate will be able to take several hits before you really have to start worrying about something zipping through, but the point stands.
>OK so its not true but the point stands

RF2 is a fine rating but its peak dunning-kruger to assume that everyone's usecase is YOUR usecase.

>have fun finding out what most level 4s would look like after half this abuse
Yeah, real beaten up man, after only 10 hits of M2 AP. My goodness, imagine what sort of damage (checks notes) M80 and M855 would inflict!
>>
>>62045275
lol, lmao even
>>
File: PXL_20240710_161259411.jpg (983 KB, 2688x1512)
983 KB
983 KB JPG
I am wanting to get a new duty holster but the specific gun/light setup is hard to find so most likely it will need to be custom so I was wondering if someone could point me in a direction of a holster maker. I am looking to get an OWB holster for my CZ SP01 with RMR red dot and a gl4 pro light (similar shape to surefire XVL2 so just going with that light should work). Also needs to accommodate a threaded barrel and possibly micro comp but not required. Ive looked around and of the few holsters makers that make light bearing holsters for the XVL2 are usually limited to glocks and maybe one or 2 other gun models. I would prefer level 2 retention if possible. Pic related
>>
>>62042282
No reply so I just bought it. Will see how it is.
>>
>>62045130
>I’m an expert on mud, if you don’t spend 500 dollars per gallon on your mud, you’re literally dead in the street
Get fucked, poorfags win again, your thermals mean nothing if I roll around in the mud.
>>
>>62043282
nigger it doesn't fucking work people have tested this, stfu
>>
>>62044525
>level 4 plates, either. They're like any other plate. One hit from anything and they're compromised.
it's so funny to see people blabber about shit they know absolutely nothing about. Fuck this entire board is dead and full of Ukraine war fags.
>>
Should inner belts be flexible or rigid? I'm looking into buying my first battle belt and I'm confused as to why some companies offer both tegris inner and outer belts. Isn't it better if the inner belt conforms to your body?
>>
>>62045932
Inner belt won't flex much once connected to the outer, I don't know why you would want a ridged inner except maybe for cc or so they can charge ppl more
>>
>>62044784
still waiting for a real response. this isn't twitter buddy, you're supposed to put a modicum of effort into your posts here
>>
>>62041481
why isnt RMA 1165 on here? or am i blind and retarded
>>
>>62046085
RMA is a sketchy company which shouldn't be promoted
>>
File: mk12 mod h 2.jpg (106 KB, 640x478)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>62045418
>anyone on the american continent owns LIBA anything
lmao. this is like posting a sarvip aircrew plate from the 80s and saying "see you can get plates that easily stan up to multi hit 12.7 api guys!!"
>RF2 is a fine rating but its peak dunning-kruger to assume that everyone's usecase is YOUR usecase.
it's not a mystery guy. we know exactly which rounds are in circulation in most parts of the world. in a war between two conventional militaries, you need at least a recent esapi revisions level of protection, because all sorts of true tungsten armour piercing threats will be bouncing around. any civilian or cop context? rf2. it's not a compelx debate
>>62045824
hes basically correct about the abysmal multi hit performance of most plates on the market right now. 2-3 rounds and you're seeing complete seperation of the backer, strike face falling to pieces etc. like i said there is zero incentive to build your level 4 offering to sustain multi hit, its much easier and cheaper to just throw the thing together so it will stop that first hit 100% of the time
>inb4 buy esapis
>inb4 buy ltc3636698698649
nobody does this. they buy 200$ level 4s they saw advertised on reddit, which is exactly what im bitching about
>>62044525
>If someone lives somewhere rural and they're worried about some good ol' boy clapping them with his .300 WIn Mag
are you missing something from my post? an rf2 plate will have no issues with lead core 300 win mag, besides a couple extra millimeters of BFD
>>
>>62046085
Heavy as shit, massive cheat rings
>>
>>62041481
any quality rf2 plate will stop m855a1. i find it extremely hard to believe m80a1 is becoming common, considering how rare 855a1 is already
>>
Is there an image comparing the length of short and regular large BDU pants? I wear 32 pants, but I heard in BDU crotch runs low so that'd drop the inseam even more and I'd prefer having having the ends be closer to the angle to keep them from getting wet.
>>
Did no one else see the Israelis geting sniped by 50cals going through their lvl 3 plates? You are putting armor on get the most protection that you can
>>
File: y no rma - updated.png (2.98 MB, 2800x1754)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB PNG
>>62046085
RMA is probably the shadiest company in the business. Cheat-rings, misleading specs (the 1165 is over seven pounds, heavier than advertised), "special" plates for Youtubers, and basically you're a newfag.
>>
>>62046328
Armor isn't going to stop .50.
>>
>>62046373
It will stop it. You won't get away scott free but there won't be a hole in you
>>
>>62046431
I don't know what plates you have seen stop .50 but every level 4 I have seen has been penned nicely.
>>
>>62046481
I've never seen lvl 4 get penatrated by 50 but they get bad bfd. Adept has a plate rated for 50cal
https://youtu.be/r4dVTFVZUPs
>>
>>62046525
Damn. .50 AP at muzzle is really something. Are there other decent videos of Level IV plates against .50 AP or regular FMJ?
>>
File: file.png (1.25 MB, 954x672)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB PNG
>>62046525
I think this is death by blunt trauma.
>>
>>62045753
This is why if you never want to worry about holster compatibility you buy a Glock, S&W or Sig (I'm kidding, don't buy a Sig) and then put either a Surefire or Streamlight WML on it. Unironically, my advice is to go to the CZ fanboy subreddit and ask them about this.

>>62046085
Being completely serious here: I would trust those Chinese Militech plates before I'd trust RMA.
>>
Where can I buy Russian gear? All the sites like Tula Tactical and greyshop everything is sold out.
>>
>>62045418
>>62045824
>>62046158
Even disregarding poorly made cheap level 4s, nobody in their right mind looks at a plate and says "yeah it only soaked up a few rounds of M855, it's still perfectly useable, keep wearing it," because that's fucking retarded.
>But this plate can soak up 10 hits of M2 AP!!!
Yeah, buy my plates. Condition: lightly used, only hit with 2 rounds of M2 AP, this plate still has plenty of life in it! lmfao

>>62046177
Which level 3+ / RF2 plates are confirmed to stop M855A1 anyway? I know the LTC 19513 and Highcom 3S9M do. Buffman shot Militech's RF2 plate and it stopped M855A1. There are some SRT plates that stop M855A1 (Hesco M210, U210, TenCate CR-6450 SA) but I don't like the idea of giving up .308 protection.

People should be more concerned about M855A1 than M80A1 for sure. National Guard troops are issued M855A1 for their rifles.
>>
>>62047904
*kula.
>>
>>62047904
FSBgear on instagram
>>
File: >:(.jpg (53 KB, 736x521)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>62048024
>tel aviv israel
>>
>>62046084
>this isn't twitter buddy, you're supposed to put a modicum of effort into your posts here
lol are you new here or something
>>
>>62047317
Yeah. This guy does the best test, here is one where he's shooting the adept plate which is a lvl 4+ plate made for 50 cal and stops a 50 cal ap2 bullet.
https://youtu.be/Qwl8nZl9gjQ
>>62047488
Something to keep in mind is the shot is at 20 yards usally 50 cal is for long distance shots where you would see much less bfd. Bfd at that level possibly could but I think it would be unlikely to kill you. I think it would be like a punch from a boxer a weak man might die but if your are strong and healthy it'll leave you black and blue knock the wind out of you. I certainly don't want to find out.
>>
>>62046084
>you're supposed to put a modicum of effort into your posts here
You can't be serious. Look around. This board has been shit for at least 8 years. Some of the firearms related subreddits are unironically more helpful. There are more intelligent conversations happening on arfcom and M4C. /k/ is a wasteland full of nogunz video gamers, NAFO retards, and dudes who used Credova to buy NODs to impress other anons.
>>
>>62047488
So throw some 15 layers of S2 glass behind the ceramic if you care about BFD control against 12.7x99, no big deal. BFD hasnt killed a person through a composite plate to date anyway, its reasonable to presume the "safe threshold" is somewhere north of the 44mm outlined by the NIJ.
>>
>>62047911
>Which level 3+ / RF2 plates are confirmed to stop M855A1 anyway?
the blackbeard plates that were overrun sale a while back stopped m855a1 I think, Buffman tested
>>
Whats the point of these over the ECH or a fast helmet?
>>
>>62046158
>besides a couple extra millimeters of BFD
As if bfd cant kill you. Fuck you you piece of shit. You discount everyone's points and move the goalposts on shit you get called out on. Instead of debating or arguing you should be mocked relentlessly like the imbecile you are. Don't have the time at the moment but remember you're here forever.
>>
>>62050319
I called it here man
>>62044784
Dude's a gigaretard
>>
>>62050039
Need more money for new helmets pentagon
>>
I thought MICH helmets were supposed to fit to where the sides cover the ears. Maybe it's my head shape but this isn't working. The 6b47 fits nice and low on my head but it doesn't have any padding. Guessing I take some of the padding out?
>>
File: RRV.jpg (639 KB, 2560x2560)
639 KB
639 KB JPG
I thought it might be fun to grab a surplus RRV and toss a bunch of cheap surplus pouches on it. Went to look for surplus RRVs. Everything I'm seeing is $175+. Am I looking in the wrong places? These prices are wild. And to think, I saw people complaining about LARP Tactical's American made repro RRV costing $230.
>>
>>62043920
SORD makes side pockets for rucks which attach on via molle
>>
>>62047911
>"yeah it only soaked up a few rounds of M855, it's still perfectly useable, keep wearing it"
stop being obtuse, obviously this only applies to a single engagement, after which you would swap out the damaged plate. if you get hit with a rifle round up close, chances are there will be another one coming right after. settling for something that is not guranteed to hold up for more than a hit or two shouldn't be a goal to strive for
>>62047911
>LTC 19513
>Highcom 3S9M
>hesco 3810
>hexar titan
>one of the tencate ones i forget the name of
>even militech chinkshit
every rf2 you should consider buying stops it. whats the issue here? 855a1 is just steel, the only difference from 855 is the exposed and lengthened penetrator. this isn't an armour piercing threat at all, it's got less ass than 7.62x39 bz api for christ sake
>>62050319
>>62050329
>>62050319
>As if bfd cant kill you
it absolutely cant kek. feel free to post any evidence to the contrary - but i know you won't because there has never been a recorded incident of a bfd fatality from a shoulder fired weapon
you two are a fucking embarassment. I've yet to see any evidence you know a single thing about this topic
>>
>>62050371
>Everything I'm seeing is $175+
I haven't looked at RRVs in a decade, but it doesn't surprise me, a lot of that early GWOT shit is becoming collectible and relatively scarce. They never made massive numbers of SFLCS kits, the surplus supply wasn't going to last forever. If not already, then the time that RRVs and Ciras vests go the way of the nugget and the CZ-75 and the M83 vest is not far away.
>>
I have both a surefire M951 with the IR filter in very clean nearly new condition, and a surefire scout light M600A the OG kind, little bit worn. which one should i keep? I think the M600 head is dead and I would need a Malkoff.
>>
>>62050901
decided to go with these in the end, thanks for all the suggestions though
>>
>>62050905
just to add more to this, I'm not even being a l210 shill, or whatever shitty special threat flavour of the month is out atm
I want people to understand that level 4 doesn't magically equal more gooder against everything - it equals protection from tungsten core intermediate calibers, or .30 hardened steel. this rating isn't even relevant in the face of modern armour piercing threats - 7n37, m993, swiss p ap, etc.

you are not getting a guaranteed better performance against magnum hunting rifle LEAD CORE threats with level 4. a thicker strike face does very little in reducing tramua. a thicker backer does this. comparable 3s/4s tend to have very similar bfd numbers against lead core threats.
you can see this in action when you create something like the l210 (a level 4s strike face ripped from the 4401, but with a nearly non existent backer) you wind up with a plate that takes 50+mm of bfd against m80. shocking, the backer was actually the decider on bfd here, even with a very overbuilt strike face that could typically take m2ap.

on the topic of your crying about BFD injury potential, i'll spoonfeed you with a study that actually gives us some useable conclusions, since yours are clearly all in your head
>https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10803548.2006.11076702
tldr: bfd in excess of 30mm has roughly a 1/2 chance of giving you fractured ribs as a healthy, military age male.
>>
>>62050934
>. If not already, then the time that RRVs and Ciras vests go the way of the nugget and the CZ-75 and the M83 vest is not far away.
You just promoted me to look up prices for nuggets, and I am absolutely floored that they're all,post $700 now. What the actual fuck? I paid $160 for mine at Big fucking 5 a decade ago.
>>
>>62050371
Search EBay for old RRV style vests from Blackhawk, BDS, TAG, SPEC OPS and other early 2000s brands. If you don’t plan on putting a front plate in then you can also get a SDS Ranger Assault Carry Kit for under $100 if you like desert or ucp
>>
I used to know nothing, /k/ convinced me to be a Hesco fan many a year ago, I read into some of the doomer posting further, I moved away from hating RMA. They had that one gay test on the 1155 that wasn't even a true penetration. But NIJ audit failed them anyway. Meanwhile Hesco has had several more actual penetrations. Everything else is too niche. Like DFNDR has a level IV that's not really had complaints. But idk. I'd honestly probably get an RMA 1155 just because it hasn't been penetrated. Literally the thing that matters most.
>>
>>62050980
Sell both of them and build yourself a high lumen white light from Arisaka and Surefire pieces, or get a light from modlite or cloud defensive. Get an IR laser and illuminator combo
>>
>>62051349
What the fuck are you talking about?
How do you know it wasn't penetrated? Because RMA, which lies about everything from the materials it uses to the weight of its plates, wrote about it in a blog post?
The 1155, which weighs nearly 9 pounds, is objectively one of the worst plates you can buy and is made with fucking fiberglass in 2024. You're unironically better off with Militech or Battle Steel, and I'm 100% dead serious about this.
>>
After the second or third line your entire post is largely irrelevant.

The weight? Sure possibly an issue.

The composition? Who gives a flying fuck if it's made of pressed spaghetti? This is irrelevant to the fact during multiple tests they have been shot with AP ammo and pass the tests. Multiple times. You know, the wierd point behind why they exist in the first place. The foam ring concern trolling ended up being a lot of disingenuous hoopla.

TLDR you're being a gullible faggot or a semantically obsessive retard. (Probably both). The 1155s are fine.
>>
>>62051847
Hello Mr. RMA employee.
>>
>>62051847
it continues to astound me how clueless retards can fight to the death defending the worst possible products on the market after 20 minutes of "research". psa poorfaggots act the same way
>>
>>62051847
>The composition? Who gives a flying fuck if it's made of pressed spaghetti? This is irrelevant to the fact during multiple tests they have been shot with AP ammo and pass the tests. Multiple times. You know, the wierd point behind why they exist in the first place. The foam ring concern trolling ended up being a lot of disingenuous hoopla.
lol, it's almost nine pounds and was decertified by the NIJ. So it's unacceptably heavy and still doesn't "pass the test".
Who exactly is being gullible here?
>>62051966
He's probably trolling
>>
>>62047904
ebay. might have blood stains though
>>
>>62051966
PSA is literally fine though (assuming it's assembled correctly)
>>
>>62051123
Level 4 is light and affordable there is no reason for your endless rants. It provides more protection which is always a good thing.
>>
>>62052654
>wahhh wahhh someone out autismed me on 4chins
don't start shit you can't finish retard.
anyhow, i do enjoy when people with zero experience tell me that weight doesn't matter. always makes for a good laugh.
>>
>>62052789
Are you illiterate?
>>
>>62052897
you don't even understand the basic details of the topic at hand here. all you know is "level 4 level 4 level 4" because of ridiculous instagram and guntube memes.
how else am i supposed to respond to this? i put in multiple effort posts in a row, and you're still too stubborn to admit I might possibly know what i'm talking about

god this board is such a shithole. if it wasn't the only place i could say nigger on the internet i wouldn't come here at all
>>
>>62052506
yeah its fine for 3k rounds until one of the major components fail apart due to their zero qc production process. you can get an infinitely better gun that will last a lifetime for a couple hundred dollars more - but the average psa consumer is both too stupid to understand this, and too weak to have any kind of impulse control with their purchases
>>
>>62053180
See >>62052897
>>
File: IMG_4673.jpg (678 KB, 801x984)
678 KB
678 KB JPG
Can anyone advise a reasonably priced radio setup? I have a pair of Peltors will Baofengs do the trick?
>>
>open up email about some guy
>Woodland g3 Cryes
Okay I know some fucker out there has stock that he isn't sharing.
>>
>>62053576
if you are poverty tier then UV5R otherwise a DMR setup (Anytone or Btech/Baofeng) will have better capabilities (and weather proofing)
>>
>>62053196
SOTAR regularly QC checks PSAs and they are literally fine and acceptable, you will see the same QC issues with other companies as well, it's just PSA is more known because A. they sell more parts and B. they are assembled by literal niggers. I own expensive setups and PSAs, they're fine assuming you aren't abusing them or shooting them suppressed.
>>
Where is the cheapest place to buy BDU's, either new propper or surplus (good stuff, not holes in it)? Need a large/short jacket and a large/short pant
The fuck is with jacket sizing, says a regular length would be okay for someone that's like 5'5" but I'm 5'10" and it's like 2-1/2 inches too long, and I wouldn't say I have short arms. I'm picturing a manlet with arms nearly as long as he is tall.
>>
>>62051123
>this rating isn't even relevant in the face of modern armour piercing threats - 7n37, m993, swiss p ap, etc.
Totally agree, Level IV/RF3 is outdated as a standard. It made sense when 30-06 AP was in wide circulation in the Boomer years and carbide cored rounds were unavailable, but in the post-90s era of "actual issued AP is WC" it falls short. Even standard issue EPR rounds are creeping towards parity with M2. The main issue I see is finding a particular WC threat to serve as a benchmark that testing houses have on-hand. M993 is a good start, being demonstrably harder to stop than M2 AP and being generally available for testing. Swiss P and 7n37 dont exist in North America for testing, so 993 may have to serve (even if it may be slightly below the performance of the other two). Im sure ARL could do testing with M1158, but theyd probably hem you up with an NDA.
NIJ works at the pace of a dead snail, so I dont see anything hotter than M2 AP being added to the threat catalog in my lifetime, and I am not old. Best you can do is "special threat" the harder threats like M993
>>
File: IMG_2220.jpg (207 KB, 837x1171)
207 KB
207 KB JPG
>>62055002
New popper is made in Haiti
>>
File: IMG_2539.png (595 KB, 600x597)
595 KB
595 KB PNG
>>62055554
>>
>>62055554
Eh it seems fine.
When was it even US made?
>>
>>62055554
Who cares? Berry compliance is a mil thing, as long as its well made it could have been stitched on the moon for all it matters to a civilian.
>>
>>62054496
>>Woodland g3 Cryes
they do exist
I got mine custom made
>>
>>62055728
From the ukranian? Is that where everyone is getting them now?
>>
>>62055761
Probably. Platatac and arktis both have their versions in stock, but I dont think they have the same clout as the real thing and both countries have ultra rape shipping fees.
>>
Dtnvs?
>>
>>62055761
yep he's legit
>>
If money is no concern (but you're not going to bother getting something custom-made), are there any combat/tacticool pants better than Crye? Or is Crye the pinnacle?
>>
File: IMG_20240711_231928~2.jpg (262 KB, 1080x1819)
262 KB
262 KB JPG
make jorts gr8 again
>>
>>62056694
Thats entirely a matter of personal taste. UF pro pants are pretty comfy with the excessive waist padding, people also talk up the Patagonia L9s but I wasn't that impressed, mine didn't have the kneepads to be fair. Never tried Beyond or arcteryx, but that's another two brands people seem to like.
>>
>>62056741
the fuck you live in an adobe hut?
>>
>>62055857
Guys I need to know if I should impulse buy dual tubes. I already have a thin filmed white pvs14, and they have a set of film less white with nice specs for $8800.
>>
>>62056884
>for $8800.
lmao
>>
>>62053576
>>62054846
Skip the Baofeng and get a Quansheng UV-K5. The firmware is hackable and there are a ton of mods out there. It's basically a Baofeng UV-5R on steroids.
>>
>>62056694
I use ufpro striker pants and they're great, thicker than cryes so less ideal for hot environments.
>>
File: IMG_2097.jpg (1.74 MB, 3024x4032)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB JPG
>>62056884
What housing and what brand tubes? I’m gonna say never impulse buy as a general rule but maybe it’s worth it.
>>
File: IMG_3980.jpg (1 MB, 3024x4032)
1 MB
1 MB JPG
>>62057781
what are the specs, not who’s the brand
>>
>>62057781
>>62057789

https://www.nightgoggles.com/shop/night-vision/ng-dtnvs-with-mil-spec-l3harris-unfilmed-white-phosphor/?mc_cid=18c4068c67

Unit #6
>>
File: IMG_20240710_084939.jpg (309 KB, 1080x1920)
309 KB
309 KB JPG
>>62056822
haha, its a kiva we converted into a man cave on the property
>>
File: 1720787247544158.jpg (84 KB, 720x900)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>62051847
weak effort
>>
File: IMG_3610.jpg (219 KB, 1989x1125)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
>>62058121
I would pass on something like that where they don’t show me what the tubes look like. Deff don’t panic buy that shit.
>>
>>62058273
That's a disgusting, effeminate hand.
>>
>>62058425
Tubes have gotten way more expensive since 2020 when I got my middling thinfilmed white pvs14.
>>
>>62056694
Quality-wise they're identical but I prefer the weight of Patagonia's combat pants to Crye's. The downside is Patas aren't sold to the public at all so they're secondary market only.
>>
>>62058789
>weight
*fit
Sorry I just woke up and I'm retarded
Patas fit me better than Cryes is what I mean
>>
>>62058121
>>62058652
check DARQ industries (gooningear) or Custom Night Vision or any of the other reputable ones, I've literally never heard of that website you linked, I forgot the site but you can get Eblit DTNVS for cheaper around $8k or so. I saw some ARNVGs and RNVGs with Elbit tubes for like 7-7.7k on sale.
>>
>>62056694
you can get surplus new FR combat pants on Venture Surplus that take the same crye knee pads for like 89 bucks and get some used new knee pads for 15 and you have basically a similar setup (more forgiving less tight in your ballsack) for like 300 less.
>>
>>62059103
It’s the hunting oriented sister site of TNVC that they put their 4th of July sales on. I got my PVS14 from them in 2020.
>>
>>62059185
ah ok, I'm not a fan of TNVC's pricing but they have the best warranty out of them all (I think 10 years) but Custom Night Vision, goonin, and a few others usually have the lowest prices possible. Especially lasers, CNV has the cheapest you can get steiner lasers.
>>
>>62059298
Their pricing is 100% Jewish, that’s why I only look at their July 4th sales. I got my 14 for $2350. Is the DTNVS a good housing? It’s also automatic gain, which I have seen arguments on both sides.
>>
>>62059109
>you have basically a similar setup (more forgiving less tight in your ballsack) for like 300 less.
lolno
It's cool that they take the same kneepads but the similarities end there.
>>
>>62059348
>It’s also automatic gain, which I have seen arguments on both sides.
auto gain is fine for most people. some people want the highest gain at all times to maximize detail under nods. some may want it to be the lowest possible to decrease the time it would take for the eyes to adjust to darkness when the nods are turned off/stowed. biggest pro for auto gain is a small weight loss and streamlined controls
>>
File: IMG_4675.jpg (1.7 MB, 2096x3086)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB JPG
Anyone got any opinions on this planned setup.

Esstac Triple Kywi front panel (12 o’clock)
2x HRT TQ pouch (1-11 o’clock)
Esstac Double stack kywi (11 o’clock)
Esstac DST Blowout pouch (1 o’clock)
Esstac Baofeng radio pouch (9/10 o’clock)

Pouches are going to be MC on a RG PC. It’s not that dissimilar from my old setup, I’m only thinking about having the radio almost under my left arm, the antenna will be relocated.
>>
>>62060173
Similar but went with a 10 speed triple instead of a kiwi double
Pros- doesn't take up space when not used, can hold non standard sized things like pistol mags or multi tools
Cons- elastic is not as durable
>>
File: IMG_4676.jpg (343 KB, 799x703)
343 KB
343 KB JPG
>>62060345
Interesting, I may consider putting a second row of flat elastic mags on the front like you have. That way I can use it for extra mags or general storage of bits any pieces. Though that may be further down the line.
>>
>>62059348
Any non-alum housing can potential break especially at the hinges themselves, but I've heard good things about them, I'm an auto gain guy myself just because I don't want to worry about messing with controls if I'm gonna be shooting something in the dark
>>
>>62060345
I'm an elastic guy myself just because you can use it for other stuff and its lighter weight and you don't have to reform the kydex back when it eventually deforms >>62060471 I'm not a fan of the kywis at all t b h
>>
>>62061148
Is there a reason for not liking the Kywi?
>>
>>62061293
NTA, I think kywis are absolutely goated belt pouches but hate them on the carrier.
On my JPC1 I use the integrated mag pouches with a BFG 10speed in front of that, with the attitude that the elastic pouches are a wear item that will get tossed when the elastic stops gripping stuff.
>>
Highcom or LTC?

Highcom 4S16 (7.1 lb)
or
LTC 19513 (III++ 5.25 lb)
>>
>>62061763
Same price btw
>>
File: 1716028749816841.jpg (367 KB, 1600x1200)
367 KB
367 KB JPG
w2c?
>>
>>62061293
I love my kywis. I run them on everything
>>
>>62061763
Of the two, the LTC plate.
>>
>>62061763
LTC>Highcom categorically if that's the question.
>>
How much of an improvement are duals over a PVS14?
>>
>>62062007
Probably nowhere, Australia doesn't surplus anymore and that's double for disposable items like NBC suits. You can get British army ones in DPM for cheap off ebay, and I believe the auscam one is a copy of that.
>>
File: file.png (792 KB, 976x850)
792 KB
792 KB PNG
Why is the AVS so expensive?
>>
>>62062735
because you didn't buy it on sale you dumb frog
>>
How do you put Velcro stuff on fabric? Glue?
>>
>>62062948
Glue + sew or just sew. Glue may work but it will eventually fail.
>>
>>62062735
>US manufactured by supposedly well paid staff
>Very complex and elaborate, much more time consuming to make a regular carrier
>Use of thermoplastics probably requires heavy machinery (stitching kydex with a regular machine will often break needles without pre-drilled holes), which has overheads that get passed on to the customer.
>Desirable, and has been consistently for a decade, meaning no reason to reduce price
Does that justify nearly 400 bucks for just the plate bag? Not for me to say. The fact that I paid 210 for a JPC 1.0 in 2014 and they're only 236 today means that Crye is actually charging about 50 bucks under inflation on some of their stuff.
>>
>>62054861
PSA is not milspec and sell rifles with undertorqued barrels.
>>
>>62062449
>Probably nowhere, Australia doesn't surplus anymore
why
>>
>>62041474
I have seen PVS 7 sets for sale for 1300 - 1500 with mounting hardware and all. Is it worth getting one or should I save for $2k to get a bare PVS 14?
>>
>>62063099
there's absolutely no point in the 7, just save the extra few hundred for the PVS14, it's like the Glock of night vision
>>
>>62063514
yeah
>>
I have a MICH M and I just bought the HHV pads for it which is a nice upgrade from basic usgi shit pads.
Should I buy the team Wendy adjustable retention? Want to upgrade the chin strap.
Also any rail and NV connector recommendations?
I'm worried about spending too much to modernize this helmet and end up close to the cost of a fancy high cut.
>>
I was all set to buy a DTNVS set and new helmet/mount and decided against it. I’ll continue being a PVS14 poor.
>>
4300 for unfilmed pvs 14 is it really that much better?
https://tnvc.com/shop/tnvpvs-14-l3-gen3-un-filmed-white-phosphor/
I don't know anything about NV but I'm selling one of my cars and I'm gonna buy a tube. I want white phosphor and I don't want to buy a complete hunk of shit that won't work or will crap out in 5-10 years do they have a shelf life before they die?
>>
>>62067192
I will probably use it for walking around at night more than actually shooting cuz I'm a city fag. I plan on using it quite a bit though I take a lot of walks and go camping quite a bit.
>>
>>62067192
Paying over $4k for a PVS14 is fucking retarded, bro. Idgaf if that's the crispiest tube ever made, you're so far into diminishing returns on single-tube nods at that point it's difficult to even articulate.
>>
>>62067192
they do have a limited lifespan through normal usage. the tubes will not last forever. idk about storage
>>
>>62067251
What duals should I get then? The ones to get all seem to be like 8k
>>
Hyped for my new SMERSH rig, super annoyed they delayed shipping and am worried that arktis is going to keep kicking the can with it. How are they with delivering new products?
>>
>>62067536
he's retarded and doesn't understand current NV costs, the cheapest decent dual setup is RNVGs with Elbit tubes like 7.7k right now, you can get Photonis maybe for like 6-7k but the days of sub 6k duals are over.
>>
>>62068041
arktis or KS? Anything KS seems to get involved with doesn't meet any delivery date that they promise.
>>
For those that didn't hear. Trump has been shot in the head/ear but seems ok.
>>
File: Shiggy.gif (1.71 MB, 500x500)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB GIF
>>62068041
>kommandostore
>repro
>$300
>>
>>62068202
I just don't get it. One of the big appeals of Russian/slav shit was that it was cheap and robust. If you take away the cheapness, its literally a PLCE clone with AK pouches.
>>
>>62068070
You can get a contract tube 14 for under $2.5k any day of the week, closer to $2k. I can see spending even up to ~$3.5k for nicer tubes even I think that doesn't actually get you much once your specs are above "acceptable."
Over $4k for a high-spec 14 is fucking retarded, bro. Period.
>the days of sub 6k duals are over
I'm seeing several sets of contract tube RNVGs for under $6k in the BST groups right now.
>>
>>62068255
My smersh was $89 and I think that's a great price for it. If I wanted something similar today I'd be building out an Eagle H Harness before I'd ever consider giving those grifter faggots $300 for a repro lol
>>
File: file.png (127 KB, 1236x598)
127 KB
127 KB PNG
I know an anon a few threads ago was asking about eye pro - obviously I am not him. Has /gq/ ever heard of shadyrays and have an opinion on these?
>ANSI Z87+ Certified
>>
>>62068391
I use knockoff oakleys from china I paid $10 for and have been very pleased with them after trying many others over the years. If I had the money I would get real oakleys their designs are good. The two most important factors for me is not fogging and not having sweat drip onto the lenses. This is achieved by have space between the lenses frame and you head.
>>
>>62068510
What from Oakley is yours a knock off of?
>>
>>62068391
they work. 99% of glasses will do just fine. even cheapass $3 safety glasses will work fine as long as they're Z87+ certified

i used to use my oakleys but have decided to just use them as my "normal" sunglasses. i have some revisions i got for free from work that i use as my shooting glasses now. i've used smiths, ess, and other revisions in the past
>>
>>62068611
Yeah, I'm using some cheap shit right now. Without sounding like too much of a fag I have been on the hunt for something that I like the look of. I wish rayban made impact resistant aviators.
>>
>>62068577
https://www.uspatriottactical.com/oakley-si-ballistic-m-frame-3-0-strike-sunglasses
>>
File: ap24195809737620.jpg (170 KB, 1576x1051)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
are 5.11 dress socks good?
>>
>>62068287
Pretty sure PLCE webbing is still $36 on EBay. That seller in Poland has been listing DPM webbing and chest rigs for years and years now. Smersh was literally never a good option at any point, ever.
>>62067536
You’re being so retardedly argumentative I don’t even want to help your dumb ass.

It’s obvious you only have $4000 and want permission to impulse buy night vision and the most research you’ve done is google “what is the best night vision for $4000”
Single tubes suck huge dick. You have a tiny FOV, zero depth perception, passive aiming is complete shit, even aiming with both eyes open is complete shit. Single tube night vision is only a thing because poor armies can’t afford to equip their troops with dual tubes. Delta had dual tubes in Panama in 1989, no one with a budget opts for single tubes, ever.
>>
>>62068792
>passive aiming is complete shit
It's fine. t. got used to the monocular. I do wish to have duals but when I tried them out I was so used to my monocular that it was jarring.
>>
>>62061763
That LTC plate is going to stop anything you're likely to encounter in urban and suburban areas (and even many rural areas). I'd take the reduction in weight over the extra protection the Highcom plate offers. 2 of the LTC plates weigh 3.7 lbs less than 2 of the Highcom plates. That's like 3x 30 round loaded AR mags' worth of weight.
>>
what is a decent minimalist chest rig or the like for carrying ~6 rifle mags + a few pistol mags for innawoods, budget would be ~$200
>>
>>62068819
No, passive aiming with a monocular is shit.
If you're wearing it on your non-dominant eye then you're trying to passive aim using the BAC which is shit. If you're wearing it on your dominant eye then you lose 99% of your FOV looking through the tube of an optic.

DEVGRU Operator Adam Brown, the first SEAL to make it into Tier 1 whilst being blind in one eye, literally got killed on target at night passive aiming through his NV engaging an enemy position. He got shot from behind by someone he couldn't see.

That's you, except you have two working eyes but were coping about a monocular being justasgood
>>
>>62069697
Type 63 chicom rig from Ebay for $15
>>
>>62069736
>No, you weren't able to use your EXPS3 plus monocular to passive aim
Damn son, what else can you tell me about myself? I run an AK btw, reloading that under nods definitely takes some practice.
>>
This is probably the worst place on the entirety of the internet to ask but.

Is prepping a meme?
>>
>>62069757
>Damn son, what else can you tell me about myself?
That you're gay.
>>
>>62068792
Not argumentative at all dawg. Chill. All I said was I wasnt planning on really using it for shooting I said I was gonna go on walks with it and for fucking around when I go camping and I want a good one to see shit good. Yeah my budget is 4k easily but I could do 6k and not be troubled
>>
>>62069798
prepping beyond your means is a meme, having extra food water and supplies to hold you over in cases of emergency is common sense
>>
>>62069798
Different for everyone. If you live in Maryland in an area where the weather is perpetually fine and the only brown people are sanitation workers, then there are probably more fruitful things to spend your money on. If you live in Florida where you have a flood every week and are in an area that had peaceful protesters burning down neighborhoods, they you should give prepping some serious consideration. Its not a useless investment for anybody, but your area (and I guess your budget) will decide how much of a priority it should be.
>>
>>62069697
If you want something using modern materials (Cordura laminate, etc):

WTF 6 mag flapped placard + expander wings (use discount code "2crakd2023" for 15% off)
>https://www.wtfidea.com/accessory-panel-04-m4-carry-all/
>https://www.wtfidea.com/modular-expanders/
Head On Tactical flapped pistol pouches
>https://headontactical.com/pistol-magazine-pouch/
Head On Tactical H-harness
>https://headontactical.com/cqb-action-h-harness/
>>
>>62070005
Either spend 6-7k on duals or under 3k on a mono is my advice.
Contract tubes are literally fine.

>>62069736
>He got shot from behind by someone he couldn't see.
Explain how a second tube fixes this. They don't let you see behind you, you know that right?
It gives you depth perception on the exact same 40° FOV circle in front of you. That's it. In some situations that can be massively beneficial. In some situations it really doesn't get you much at all.
>>
>>62068792
you sound like you dont own night vision
>>
>>62070161
ATACS-FG anorak never
>>
>>62068391
PITVIPERS or fake ones are justasgood
>>
>>62068776
No how could they be? Im not about the gay pink socks but at least have a classy navy blue/grey/brown pattern
>>
File: shoulder pads.jpg (3.11 MB, 2268x3174)
3.11 MB
3.11 MB JPG
Can anyone ID the shoulder pads on this chest rig harness?
>>
>>62072005
They look like they're designed to mount the MAP to the rig, so the better question is who makes the MAP.
>>
>>62072005
Sarma TST PC18 shoulder pads.
https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/sarma-tst-pc18-shoulder-pads/59502
Recognise that webbing anywhere.
>>
>>62073331
You're an MVP. Thank you anon.
>>
bump
>>
>>62074207
Maybe post gear instead of posting “bump” you nigger
>>
File: IMG_1104.jpg (3.36 MB, 4032x3024)
3.36 MB
3.36 MB JPG
Just finished this tourniquet holder. The ends of the stitches are pretty bad and my bootlegged molle system aint great, but it holds together well and it works.

Anyone else tried making their own stuff?
>>
File: IMG_2810_Original.jpg (3.41 MB, 2316x3088)
3.41 MB
3.41 MB JPG
>>62074859
Not me personally, but whatever happened to Sasquatch Gearsmith?

He was always making awesome shit on here.
>>
In what situation would you use a chest rig over a plate carrier?
>>
>>62075522
My amateur thoughts are that:
chest rigs are for when you need to travel a considerable distance or patrol an area for extended periods of time and are least likely to encounter a reason to need armor.
Plate carriers are for less protracted situations when mobility is still important.
Armor vests are good for static positions or operating in smaller ranges when protection from more types of threats like frag
Feel free to correct me, ive got all three types but not too much experience using them.
>>
>>62075522
Yeah pretty much what >>62075630 said.

It’s very much mission specific. If you aren’t expecting contact and you are having to travel long distance then chest rigs or belt kits are very common.

If you are expecting contact or direct action missions then plate carrier are a go to. The only thing I’d say from looking at Ukraine is that static positions they are really leaning towards the plates plus soft armour due to the amount of shrapnel from drones and arty.
>>
>>62045753
i love my sp-01 but this is a fucking travesty. however, i will still recommend you kt mech, only owb level 2 holster that I could find and it works great, i've been training with it and it's only a little bit slower an als holster for me. hope you and that cz repent from your sins
>>
Just got an Ops Core Bump. I've had Peltors before but we always just used to wear the headband under the helmet and it fucking sucked. I'm looking at Sordins on sale right now at:

https://kffdef.com/product/sordin-supreme-pro-x-headband/
https://kffdef.com/product/sordin-supreme-pro-x-neckband/

Are these like Peltors where I can just get the arc rail adapter and change out the mount on them? And if so, would it be better to get the neckband or headband setup for making it helmet mounted?
>>
>>62076158
Sordins need special adaptors and fairly heavy modification to helmet mount, and once you do it's a motherfucker to change the batteries.

I actually prefer sordins if I have no helmet, but I have comtacs on my helmets for this reason.
>>
Need recommendations for prescription safety glasses / goggles that work well with ear muffs on a small head. Insert on current goggles broke and I don't really like the frame enough to save it if I can't replace just the insert.
>>
>>62076158
>>62076365
yea stick with Comtacs much more aftermarket support, Sodins require a comms adapter they don't use the standard NATO plug it's a Marine/navy version
>>
>>62068792
lmao they both have the same FOV you stupid nigger (unless you get panning ones or the 50 degree adapter)
>>
>>62077612
>Sodins require a comms adapter they don't use the standard NATO plug it's a Marine/navy version
What?
There are a ton of different models of Sordins out there, dude. Plenty of which have standard NATO wiring.
>>
File: 1692973074679424.jpg (65 KB, 1004x950)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
I have a gas mask but have no filter as the one I did have is absestos filled. I live on East Coast and just want a filter that is good against chem attacks/ammonia/nukes.
Whats the best bang for buck filter I can get?
>>
>>62078042
standard 40mm threads?
>>
>>62078042
scott/3m
avon can be bought new from manufacturer but a lot of them will on fit avon masks
>>
>>62078042
Avon makes the best stuff by far. I keep a few of the CTCF50 Riot for general purpose and 2 of the CBRNCF50 just in case. CTCF50 covers everything besides poison gas/blistering agents which the CBRNCF50 covers.
>>
File: gt.png (1.41 MB, 1000x912)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB PNG
What is this shotgun holster setup?
>>
File: almost40keks.jpg (85 KB, 706x669)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>62078436
bungee cable tied to the ruck. spoon feed needy ass nigga.
>>
>>62078450
I didn't realize bungee cables made it levitate at his side too. GB2R
>>
>>62078477
>not knowing bungee that thick wont slack out on something like a cut down breacher.
sure man go back
>>
>>62078477
lol im done fucking with you its probably a magnet holster. fucking mook.
>>
File: gt.png (1.04 MB, 1000x912)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
>>62078514
>>62078505
I just want to know what this is you midwits, you aren't obligated to post just because a thought stumbled into your dumb nigger head
>>
>>62078528
nigger you cant do a basic google search.
>HIGH ORDER TACTICAL
Magnetic Shotgun Retention System
actually fucking neck yourself you roodypoo
>>
>>62078549
Thanks, I will. And I do appreciate the link
>>
>>62078569
de nada senior.
>>
>>62077627
>hurr durr yo have the same fov with dual tubes as mono because your eyes create one image from two
No, you retarded fucking faggot.
If you line up a monocular with an optic like a ACOG or LPVO you can’t see shit outside of the optic. If you have duals you have a whole other tube and a whole other eye which can see shit. Fucking retard.
>>
>>62078651
You are a fucking retard and I don't think you've ever used night vision in your life
>>
>>62078128
yee
>>62078247
>CBRNCF50
yeah these look legit. my buddy was going on about nuclear protective ones but i cant find much on it and am a bit ignorant on this whole subject. will this cover that?
>>
>>62078683
Fucking retard I used both in the Infantry.
>>
>>62079149
nice larp pussy, I've shot more under NODs than you ever will
>>
Didn't smith optics used to make safety glasses?
>>
>>62079149
I don't think you did, but I sure did lol.
The fact that you unironically seem to think the off-eye FOV is the main concern while trying to passive aim through a magnified optic tells me everything I need to know about your stupid ass's experience level lol.

There are plenty of advantages to dual tubes. The one you're reeeing about isn't one of them to nearly the degree you're acting like it is.
>>
>>62078986
Both of the ones I posted will cover nuclear the CBRNCF50 will cover nerve gas n shit as well as the rest
>>
>>62079189
Post a webm recorded through your nods of the sight picture of an acog. I’m active duty in the Marines right now and I used 14s and now 31s. You can’t see shit except the optic
>>
>>62079189
>>62079203
Neutral anon here.
Just looked through a TA31F with pvs31a in low light and could not see shit. Just the reticle.
>>
>>62079197
hmm sweet. thank you anon i appreciate this alot
>>
>>62079203
ACOGs are dogshit for passive period, retard. One of the worst possible choices. This is true whether you have one, two, or four tubes in front of your face.

With an aimpoint or eotech, all you get is a reticle floating in the air over your target. It doesn't obscure your vision AT ALL. And that's ALSO true whether you have one, two, or four tubes in front of your face.
>>
File: 1000002125.jpg (57 KB, 694x1000)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
Best shotgun shell holders?
>>
>>62079316
Velcro tearoff cards in STANAG pouches.
Tactical Tailor and probably like Eagle and Blackhawk made some cool shotgun pouch designs back in the day.
It also wasn't uncommon for guys to just throw a bunch of buckshot into a SAW pouch.
The 3-gun pez dispensers are cool but seem fragile.

Bandoleers look the coolest but kinda suck.
>>
>>62050039
Ear protection so you don’t get trumped
>>
File: 1000002127.jpg (33 KB, 700x700)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
Gas mask and gas mask accessories thread.
Does anyone know what's the beat milspec filters currently used by US gov?
Also toughts on pic related ?
>>
>>62075202
Haven't seen him in a year but I don't frequent gq every day. He was big in 2021. Great resource. Does anyone have a link to his site he was selling plate carriers if I remember correctly.
>>
>>62079316
condor make a good molle shell pouch
>>
>>62079441
Too bad /gmg/ is dead.
>>
So I have a non-optic ready H&K VP9 that I would like to add an optic to. Are there any recommendations for a mount or am I shit out of luck and need to buy a whole new slide from H&K?
>>
>>62079441
Avon now sells to regular people. Optactical sells masks and filters
>>
>>62080831
Is there nobody that would cut the slide for you ?
>>
>>62080893
That's an option I guess. Was hoping for something a bit less destructive. And I figured milling it would be expensive.
>>
>>62068792
i wish PLCE was still 36 on EBay, fags scalped the shit out of it overall, sure you can still find good deals though. I'm about to just build a new belt with an EI warbelt & suspenders with a bunch of aftermarket pouches
>>
>>62082007

also, speaking of

whats the consensu on SAW pouches for carrying mags on a belt kit? thinking about getting the Carcajou C9 pouches because they hold 8 mags on 4 Columns of PALS
>>
>>62080905
I just did a search, first result was sastactical customs and they're doing the service for... 215 dollars or so?
>>
>>62082016
they'll probably rattle and end up sideways as you run thought them
why not using two triple mag pouches? those usually come with internal dividers and take up the same space
>>
>>62082080
Yeah, a new slide is like $300 -$350. I may as well spend the extra $75 for one of those at that point.
>>
>>62082177
To each their own. Some people don't want spare slides sitting around, some don't care. I can only offer suggestions. Hope you find what you want though.
>>
Speaking of PLCE...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkfHGkZzAA8

I've never tried belt kit. I've always been a chest rig guy. I do have a very typical battle belt, but if I was going to be haunting the forest during SHTF WROL TEOTWAWKI, I'd definitely toss my pistol and pistol mag pouches into my pack and use the resulting empty space on the belt for useful pouches.

It's a shame surplus stuff just keeps going up in price. Maybe I can make a ghetto belt kit out of surplus canteen and IFAK pouches.
>>
File: IMG_2572_Original.jpg (2.81 MB, 3380x2259)
2.81 MB
2.81 MB JPG
>>62082278
If I may throw my hat in, the most comfortable set of PLCE I have owned is the Marauder Special Forces Airborne Webbing.

Comfy being ran alone, and the yoke was flat enough that I could actually wear it under my PC if I really wanted a high mag count. 17+1 because I hate myself.
>>
File: IMG_4706.jpg (348 KB, 717x906)
348 KB
348 KB JPG
Can anyone ID the headset?
>>
>>62082373
Looks cool. How much does that rig typically sell for? I recently came across Carcajou Tactical's and Crossfire's belt kit offerings, but they're too expensive for me to just buy one to mess around with. $350 and up.

>>62082518
Damn, that dude torched off a few rounds of 300 WM with no earpro? EEEEEEEEEEE.
>>
File: IMG_4707.jpg (1.03 MB, 1170x1843)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
>>62082948
Admittedly in £, but nowhere near the $350 range. That being said one point of note, this is a fixed rig, not molle. You are getting 4x triple mag pouches, 3x gp pouches and 2x pistol or multi tool pouches.
>>
Im looking for a modular partrol pack and ive heard a lot of great things about the Karrimor sf sabre 45, however Im wondering of the 500 denier multicam version holds up as well as the 1000 denier versions? I know its autistic as shit, but it just bothers me enough because Maurauder Tactical sells a 1000D backpack.
>>
>>62083030
That's $156. I'll have to see if there are any retailers in America selling it.

>>62083437
Most modern gear is made of 500D and holds up fine. Though, 1000D is practically bombproof and feels quite rigid compared to 500D. I've had a 1000D Goruck pack for 13 years and it still practically looks brand new.
>>
>>62083486
I’m sure there will be some retailers, If not man let me know I’m sure we can work out a way to get it to you,
>>
>>62082157

i plan on retaining mags in the pouches, but the reason I specifically want the carojous is they will hold 8 instead of 6 that a traditional SAW pouch or triple mag pouch would hold, on the same PALs profile, along w/ the ability to remove some mags & then replace them with smokes, padded NVG inserts, etc.
>>
>>62082278

you absolutely can make a belt kit with surp canteens. take a FLC belt and do some jerry-rigging with a 4-point yoke & attach pouches etc. you could do 4 canteens for 2 of them holding 5 mags, 2 for canteens, or swap 1 canteen with GP for whatever optics you want to carry. 6 could also work for more ammo gp and still carrying 2L water.

BUT, i wouldn't recommend the FLC belt as the base. instead of that you could also just get an EI Padded War-Belt & the 3-point suspenders, both come in in total for like 30-40 ish. the smaller belt is a size 28-30 something, and is 20 columns PALS, which is more than enough to get a massive combat load going. only problem is the 3-point yoke which isn't as good as something like a 4 or 6 point (6 point especially), but when you're buying shit surplus'd there's something you'll always have to deal with ig, overall though the EI is better because you won't have to do some weird jerry rigging attaching the suspenders to rows of PALS like you would with the FLC belt, it all goes through dedicated loops because it was designed for it
>>
Kind of off topic, but has anyone have a Magpul wallet? The bifold looks interesting.
>>
File: IMG_7027.jpg (30 KB, 554x554)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>62083486
You can build out a good belt rig from SORD and it’s available in CONUS and Canada. They sell a yoke and webbing belt with molle and a suite of pouches but you could use surp pouches from venture surplus too.
>>
>>62084432
Who even owns a wallet these days? I use my phone to pay for everything, use digital ID for my licence, I don’t carry cash or even own any cards.
>>
>>62084432
I have it, it's ok but since it's rubberized when you're putting cash inside it doesnt go all the way to the bottom unless you fuck with it alot, so it'll poke out a bit and get bent, cant hold coins either if that's a concern, for holding cards and documents it's fine, it's decently slim and light
>>
>>62085052
Do any plce/lbe people here use a chest rig with theirs? I have a crossfire dz and a velsys harness coming for it which should be very slick, I'd like to put my mayflower over that but it's always "chest rigs don't work with lbe".
>>
anyone tried the granite gear chief patrol pack?

how is it?

to me it seems a good option because from the reviews I've seen it hold weight very well, and it has a high capacity, ita a top loader but unlike the ILBE/MR6500/stone glacier or other central/lateral zipper packs it opens up as a clamshell, but has straps inside so shit wont fall out when opened, it also has 2 external side pockets, not as convenient as the torpedo pockets of the 6500 but still good, and has molle if you want to put some external pouches, not to have more volume but for quick access
>>
File: shotgun cards.jpg (350 KB, 1600x900)
350 KB
350 KB JPG
>>62079316
Cards
>>
>>62085089
To kind of state the obvious, chest rigs and belt kits hang weight off different parts of your body. There isn’t a chest rig which just clips into a belt rig and works, it would be like clipping a chest rig onto the front of your backpack straps. You need to put a chest rig with thin straps on first and put the belt kit over the top. You can find plenty of examples of soldiers wearing chicom rigs and belt kit from Vietnam to Rhodesia and South Africa. If you were to do it with modern gear I would suggest a micro rig with thin flat straps
>>
File: 2-scaled.jpg (243 KB, 1337x1920)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
>>62085162
Well yeah but I mean it's done with plate carriers all the time, here with pc over the straps. Why would a chest rig be an issue but a pc wouldn't?
>>
>>62085176
The front shoulder straps of a yoke/harness are going to overlap over the top of the side pouches on fatter chest rigs.

Your picture looks like low profile suspenders which suck for belt kit. Hanging 50lbs of ammo, grenades and gear in a webbing belt and suspending it from your bare shoulders with 1” webbing straps is going to be absolutely horrific after a few hours wearing it. There’s a reason why all webbing dating back 100s of years has thick straps
>>
Any you guys got a suggestion for a gas mask?
We all know it's only ever going to be used for larping in my basement, but I want something that's actually worth a damn so I can at least laugh at people I don't like before I get fucked by whatever would be in the air at the time.
Also, how retarded of an idea would it be to get one of the Mira PAPR units? I doubt it would be worth it, but it looks cool so I want it.
>>
>>62085162
>it would be like clipping a chest rig onto the front of your backpack straps.
Kind of what HPG's load lifter straps are, but you're still supposed to wear the harness.
>>
File: IMG_5526.jpg (696 KB, 1290x2194)
696 KB
696 KB JPG
>>62045111
Open pit sewers will give you full cloaking.

>>62045753
I’m thinking of getting pic rel from Craft Hoksters. I had them make an IWB for my Steyr M9-A2 and there aren’t many options. This seems pretty reasonable and they have a lot of options. They also have other duty models.

https://www.craftholsters.com/cz-75-sp-01-holsters
>>
>>62085239
Avon C50
>>
File: IMG_5530.jpg (551 KB, 1290x1467)
551 KB
551 KB JPG
>>62078042
Get a sealed expired FR-57, assuming you have a 40mm attachment. I’m a former CBRNEfag and I mostly have sealed expired ones. The riot/CS filters are about half as thick if that’s all you’re worried about.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/405061851128?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=e1wp5ghdrds&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=ugrnb4a0T8a&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

>>62078986
Even better keep iodine tablets in your car/home. If the big one goes off and you’re under 40, you have minimal cancer risk if you pop em 2/every 12 hours the first day then cut in half. (Better double check the dose).

>>62080111
Nutnfancy has a good video on shotgun combat loadouts. Basically good luck running around, shooting, tipping off with flaps of shells bouncing around. I have a Velcro mag placard and I’d just replace it with a few Velcro reload cards. I also don’t like those multi flap pouches because you can’t always index your rounds because they are different directions. Get some dummy rounds and LARP inside and practice your reloads and you will be a shotgun chad. I’ve got picrel hangin by my shotgun so without armor you can sling a quick 12 round reload that is pretty low profile. Plus I have a pistol mag and flashlight on it. Years ago it was was $14 on eBay.
>>
>>62085066
Whoa there partner, lay off the onions for a bit.
>>62085068
Rubberized in the bill slot is a bit strange. Will probably give it a try.
>>
>>62085252
That’s all well and good if you’re carrying an iPhone and some granola in a chest bag. If you’re carrying a chicom and webbing for a 6 week patrol deep in the Cambodian jungle and you need to bring 30 M16 magazines, 10 grenades, 5 claymores, plastic explosives etc
>>
File: better than multicam.png (140 KB, 370x320)
140 KB
140 KB PNG
>Pouch I want is finally back in stock
>In every color but what I want
>>
>>62085402
>Rubberized in the bill slot is a bit strange
its all rubberized bc its made from the laminate material the daka pouches are made from
>>
Want to buy some AMPS, are the 200 dollar earbuds worth it?
>>
My plate carrier from Shaw concepts just shipped. I'm excited to larp around in it.
>>
NEW: >>62088172
>>
File: 1000002131.jpg (59 KB, 800x800)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>62080844
Yeah I know. It just looks too bland for me, unlike the filter I posted.
>>
>>62088634
>bland
It's a fucking filter.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.