[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20240422_121747.jpg (736 KB, 1996x2080)
736 KB
736 KB JPG
How much did transitioning improve your life? How much harder did it make your life? I need data to help me make a decision
>>
>>35491776
>I need data to help me make a decision
do it anyway. it gets worse the longer you wait
>>
>>35491790
>it gets worse the longer you wait
I'll factor that in
>>
>>35491776
it solved the vast majority of my personal identity and bodily issues, losing weight helped a little more. i still have shit i deal with but it feels fairly separated from any gender buffoonery.

so in short, get on hrt
>>
it gives you another 5 years before you rope since you'll have all your surgeries to look forward to. hopefully that's enough time to fix all your mental issues.
>>
>>35491776
it made existing in my own body not unbearable which is pretty great since that was making my life kind of unlivable beforehand, but I'm definitely more of a target for social bullshit now and I don't cope well with the emotional swings (or just lack of numbness) I get being on estrogen

>>35491790
can't agree enough, your dysphoria does not care if you pass or have a supportive environment in which to transition
>>
File: 1712460148010597.jpg (15 KB, 400x266)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>35491776
>How much did transitioning improve your life?

I basically realized I was going to kill myself if I kept repping so it changed a lot. It didn't make my life leaps and bounds better, but it has made me a lot happier and able to kindle friendships and relationships again. I feel like I am much more myself again. I feel a wider array of emotions beyond anger and hopelessness again. I look at old pre transition pictures and I see a corpse with a haunting, dead stare, and a forced smile. I look at myself now and see someone with a reason to keep going. I like what HRT has done for me both physically and mentally.

>How much harder did it make your life?

Not much harder, people are a lot cooler about it than you think they'd be. The worst I've had is conservative friends who "don't agree with it" and cut ties.
>>
>>35491776
was ugly autistic neet at 18/19 so i did not have much to lose to transition
25 now. have a job, ffs, bf, a car, my family still loves me.ffs made me look like a normie girl. still ugly because of my bricky body but i like my life a lot more now ^^
i have no bottom dysphoria so it was an easy choice for me. my bdd only stems from my body+face.
>>
File: 1685718172527.jpg (96 KB, 545x520)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>35491776
I HATE THIS HON
>>
>>35491776
It healed my crippling gender dysphoria but increased my social anxiety. Trade offs huh. I think it was a net positive. Tbe social anxiety isn't as bad as the dysphoria was
>>
>>35491776
It didn’t
>>
>>35491776
it saved my life and made it worth living. it made it much easier. 10/10 would recommend if you have gender dysphoria. also remember its probably gonna be DIY or DIE
>>
>>35491776
It made my life 100% better, taking testosterone made me more energetic, stronger, and sex feels better from my clit being larger. I feel like I’m growing into the body I always wanted to have, even though it isn’t and will never be perfect or cis male. The only downsides really are the acne from the T (mine is mild) and the anxiety that other might find out about my transness. If you are the kind of person that constantly worries about people finding out your secrets, trooning will be much harder on you mentally.
>>
70/30 is probably realistic but you can't just ignore that 30
>>
>>35492017
>If you are the kind of person that constantly worries about people finding out your secrets, trooning will be much harder on you mentally.
well shit...
>>
>>35491776
It made me stop wanting to kill myself. That makes it worth it.
>>
>>35491950
>I HATE THIS HON
which hon?
>>
File: 1683546387659.jpg (169 KB, 1912x1080)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>>35492461
haus of decline (the guy that made that comic)
hes ngmi
>>
>>35491776
My life initially got worse in early transition, then way better than it ever was before over time
>>
>>35492492
She's going to be fine, give her some months.
>>
>>35491776
If you got the dysphoria then delaying just makes everything worse. Don't waste half your life being miserable when you don't have to. Don't John 50.

More complicated if you have little or no dysphoria and are doing it as some personal hack.
>>
>>35492492
I mean it depends on how much they give a shit about passing and how poor they are. Their midface is long, but the hairline is fixable or hideable, and they'd get improvement from ffs in brow, chin etc.
>>
>>35492773
she keeps saying cringe tranny things i just want it to stop
>>35493069
if she becomes a passoid i will kneel
>>
>>35492948
>More complicated if you have little or no dysphoria
how does one determine how much dysphoria they have?
>>
>>35491776
it briefly made it marginally worse but then got way better after that hurdle.

Before
>just sort of constantly bitter because I wasn't a girl
>constantly bullied for being a nerdy socially awkward faggot
>lived in constant fear that puberty would turn me masc
>sort of just living in constant escapism until that stopped working and I just thought about suicide every day
>otherwise just kind of let myself be railroaded through life

after transitioning at 16
>constant fear of male puberty alleviated
>but all my bullies switched from pointing out all my feminine features to all my masculine features. Going from your secretly a girl to you will always be a man etc.
>at the same time just have a massive existential crisis because like just choosing to Transition because I wanted to made me realize how much i just kind of did whatever was easy/pushed on me by my parents my whole life
>mental health crisis and became anorexic to cope with bullying and existential issues
>also gained permanent body image issues about the features i was bullied for
>then for 2 years after highschool I basically NEETmoded because while learning art. And then got bored and went back to school. Got a bit better
>being stealth as a girl at school is literally the best. I still have some issues but after the issues from highschool wore off a bit I became way happier than I was ever capable of being as a guy.

So zero regrets about transitioning. I just wish i wasn't stupid enough to be anorexic. And also sort of wish I just boymoded my way through high school sometimes. Because the bullying really did just kind of break me.
>>
>>35493089
As if she was the only one doing that. 90% of trans twitter is cringe tranny things.
>>
>>35493162
How much it bothers you psychologically.

You can also do stuff now prior to hrt like getting your face hair lasered. I felt about a gazillion times better when mine was mostly cleared, as it was always something I loathed but felt I was cursed to live forever with. Fuck that.

If you don't care about some tiny amount of fat on your chest then I see no reason not to briefly test the waters with hrt to see how you like the mental changes. Just be wary of antiandrogens known to sadbrain people such as cypro and spiro.
>>
>>35491776
>How much did transitioning improve your life?
I havent been suicidal in years. I got sober. Made friends. Beat my eating disorder. Got into a happy relationship. Ig overall Im a lot happier
>How much harder did it make your life?
Employment is nightmaremode to get hired. I live in a ghetto that is predominantly black and hispanic so walking the street I get harassed frequently or guys will literally follow me home trying to get laid. Its scary af and dangerous desu so basic life things are more difficult
>>
>>35493089
Half this board is cringe tranny things, including you, and I love you all.
>>
>>35494250
>I love you all
chaser or agp?
>>
>>35494360
neither, but cis and male. And you are all entertaining and often cute when you don't try to make each other sui.
>>
File: 1713130880259l.png (749 KB, 1096x984)
749 KB
749 KB PNG
3 months into HRT, and I feel so much better with myself than ever before. I feel more like myself and being in a body I'm comfortable with helps me feel comfortable identifying openly.

>>35491841
Some of us do not want bottom surgery at all lol.

>>35492948
This, I waited 5 years after realizing I was trans before I decided to go on HRT. It was for the best to sit on it and not rush into it, but at the same time it's a breath of relief for me.
>>
>>35491776
solved most of my dysphoria and some of my body issues

but i'm still very depressed and anxious about everything
>>
>>35491776
HausofDecline is the biggest transtrender ever. He's literally the epitome of "Doing it for attention" and i hope he lives and dies the life of a gorilla rapehon, like he deserves.
>>
File: 1699311588009292.png (93 KB, 1104x711)
93 KB
93 KB PNG
>>
>>35494801
damn, that's quite a bit of animosity anon. what gives?
>>
>>35494870
you just know yolo is gonna be hittin that
>>
>>35494879
I hate seeing my identity worn as a sleeve and used as a stunt by people who aren't actually trans.
>>
>>35494879
nta but he literally didnt show any signs of being dysphoric
>>
>>35494899
we'll just have to hope that he an-heros after he starts losing dick function and gets into the mood swings
I guarantee you he wouldn't want to be trans after he starts not being able to jerk off properly
>>
Haus's "art" is incredibly low effort and just done for attention, a lot of those sorts of cartoonists are, even the gags are just low effort and don't even get me started on those embarrassing "Serious" blob comics he draws.
he's the epitome of low effort, which is exactly why he became a podcaster, and now he's upset about his low effort and meaningless existence, so he thinks he's trans.
>>
>>35491776
my mental problems increased 10x and i feel very valid
>>
>>35494946
he had the podcast before he started making comics
>>
>>35494998
that's even funnier, it doesn't even change the point of what i said.

I can't wait for haus to either suicide, or be a future detransitioner who defames the movement, all because trans people won't stand up for themselves.
>>
>>35494962
very funny
>>
>>35494946
Why would she want attention so bad she becomes trans? Her art is good and she’s been podcasting for a while it’s not like she’s some pathetic nobody she clearly has talent both in drawing and making a good punchline. If she says she’s trans she’s trans.
>>
>>35491776
It's like night and day. When I started HRT it was like spotting the light at the end of the tunnel. My life is immeasurably happier and more fulfilled now. Birds chirp prettier. The stars shine brighter. There's a profound beauty to life now that I didn't know existed before. My only regret is not transitioning sooner.
>>
>>35495572
My word, a haus dicksucker in this thread.
Well, being performative about trans, being clearly nondysphoric, it's just kinda sad. I don't know how you can defend this behaviour. I guess i can tell you've never picked up a pencil to draw before, if you think the stickman adjacent blobs haus draws are well drawn, or you think the punchlines are funny - they're mostly not, hence why most of them are just low quality dick jokes
>>
>>35495630
It’s at least good expression work
>>
>>35491776
>Cons
Social isolation outside of queer spaces
Cannot go out alone at night anymore
Cannot go to certain places anymore
Constant fear of being assaulted
Not taken seriously
HRT boobs hurt like hell
Boobs are hard to hide
Contestant humiliation rituals to get basic medical care
So many new expanses
Public bathrooms are a nightmare
Blood tests scare me and I still cry like a bitch
>Pros
I no longer want to die
I stopped self harming
I actually have a better social life, even if the people I can interact with are more limited
For the first time I feel like taking care of myself rather then just rotting
For the first time I'm taking my mental health seriously and working through trauma
People tend to treat me better
LGBT spaces are actually really fun and supportive environments
Got my hair back

Overall I think that it has improved my life. There are plenty of downsides to be sure. But I feel better about myself now then I ever have before.
The truth is that if I did not transition I would have ended up killing myself. For as hard as it can be, transitioning saved my life.
>>
File: 1687905512454236.png (55 KB, 520x562)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
>>35495667
>99% of his art looks like this
>>its good expression work
You could literally say the same thing about Ben Garisson having good expression work. lol.
>>
File: 1682379105144767.png (40 KB, 507x418)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>>35495779
>>
File: 1712347688050461.png (61 KB, 620x535)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
>>35495862
>>
File: 1710780253628636.png (89 KB, 812x551)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
>>35495870
>>
File: 1682669943849384.png (93 KB, 827x749)
93 KB
93 KB PNG
>>35495934
>>
>>35495995
You're so dramatic lmfao
>>
File: 1693974859281052.png (55 KB, 629x512)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
>>35495995
>>35496080
it's to get the point across
>>
>>35496123
is the point that you're an obsessive weirdo?
>>
>>35496132
No, it's that i'm a woman, and this poser isn't.
>>
this thread really took a weird turn
>>
>>35494895
wow ur so perfect and special and unique and better than everyone else
>>
>>35497415
see, this is water off a duck's back to me, but if you told it to a trender like haus, it'd ruin him
>>
>>35491776
Better in the sense of lesser gender dysphoria, I feel more happy with myself and whole again.

Harder in the sense that interacting with men is difficult for me and dealing with the mood swings has been a challenge
>>
>>35497422
how far in are you?
i'm at 7 months and the mood swings have only gotten worse
>>
>>35497490
a few years. First year is the hardest, after a while you get used to your new emotional range. Not entirely impossible that youre poorly dosed though so make sure you talk about it with your endo
>>
>>35497513
i don't have an endo i just have a gp
>new emotional range
bad? is bad my new emotional range? is it just bad? bad forever? bad that makes me want to kill myself?
>>
>>35497521
no its not just bad or negative stuff. I had nights I wanted to kms, a few days in a row where I just stayed in bed all day. I cry more easily as well and sometimes for really stupid stuff.

But Im also more lively, more connected to myself. I was dead inside before HRT. It's just a larger spectrum and it takes a while to 'master it' so to speak
>>
>>35491776
>I need data to help me make a decision
malebrained as fuck
>>
>>35491776
It made me significantly more unhappy. Don’t transition
>>
if i didn't do it, i would have killed myself - and i'm now happier than when i was a child, even. i'm pretty tortured, too, but that was already going to be the case no matter what lol

i prefer being an outcast. i don't think anyone is "happy" being 'normal', just distracted. doesn't take much effort to make any normie mad at something that doesn't matter in their life and once you're scum you become unburdened by most of that. this board is a good training ground for "why do i give a shit what am i doing oh my fucking god." if you get into arguments on here, don't transition
>>
>>35491790
>it gets worse the longer you wait
this is a grooming tactic, it's called FOMO and lots of people fall for it, to the point where people parrot it constantly
>>
>>35497779
i mean. it does get worse the longer you wait, though lol
>>
>>35491940
Honestly anon, that's based. I'm glad you feel better now.
>>
>>35493212
>constantly bullied for being a nerdy socially awkward faggot
>constant fear of male puberty alleviated
>but all my bullies switched from pointing out all my feminine features to all my masculine features. Going from your secretly a girl to you will always be a man etc.
While that's awful treatment, I hope that it helped you to take to heart the important lesson: the cruelty is the point. Bullies will be bullies regardless of how you present, and it's best to ignore them.
>>
>>35494899
What are the visible signs of dysphoria anon
Like some kind of rash, skin discoloration, etc
>>
>>35496135
>No, it's that i'm a woman, and this poser isn't.
I really hate to say it
But unless you actually have double X chromosomes I don't think you have a leg to stand on here
>>
>>35492492
>That broad, square jawline
oof that's gonna need surgery.
Even then.
>>
>>35491776
ur picrelnis accurate. stuff still sucks sometimes but it sucks less when I get to be a girl
>>
>>35491776
It made me miserable. I wanna 41 all the time and will probably do it soon.
>>
>>35496123
S E E T H I N G
>>
bump
>>
>>35498810
I wish I learned the lesson. I still feel like you can logic transphobes into not being that way. When yeah they just hate us and no facts or logic will suddenly make them stop.

Really fucked me up tho Kind of wish I just boymoded and stealthed after HS not like anyone except a few friends and the teachers used my new name anyways.
>>
>>35491776
didnt. im less of a person than i was before. i hate who i am so much. i pass, im stealth, whatever. everyone around me has more going on, more hope and prospects for the future than i ever could. i wasted college transitioning and now im about to graduate with a 3.75 having barely spent my time doing anything i cared about (didn’t join any clubs, hated my classes) and with friends who all have more going on and more love in their lives. i don’t know why i’m still here
>>
>>35491776
I'd say 70% is a pretty accurate figure for how many of my problems it fixed. I guess if I was willing to make an OnlyFans it would be closer to 90%, but I'm not a slut.
>>35499434
Terrible bait, try harder chud.
>>
>>35501360
You can't logic away hate.

You have to go primal. Look good, be giggly, have a cute voice etc. if their brain says girl, or better yet hot girl, you've already convinced them.
>>
>>35501387
realizing part of that was me immediately girlmoding and hating looking like a hon so much i didn’t join any clubs out of fear, then i got used to not doing anything more than hanging out with my friends. my fear of hatred/misgendering (which barely ever happend outside of classes) ruined my life. that and covid. i hate it so much. i don’t know how to turn things around
>>
>>35501423
I'm stealth now I think or at least no one misgenders me and had people be transphobic and expect me to agree with them
>>
>>35501387
anon that's pretty normal for graduating college. the change from school life to adult life fucks with your head

>i wasted college transitioning
it doesn't seem like a waste
>>
>>35501387
Yeah the main difference with adult life is you have to find the events yourself. Look up conventions, expos, meet-ups, whatever hobby shit you're into. You just show up and talk to people. Eventually you meet cool people while you're out doing cool things. It works out fine.
>>
>>35501558
what’s normal. having friends who were all in clubs and hold jobs while you’re doing nothing because you didn’t want to work while you looked like a hon and now it’s too late to have a killer resume? and on top of that, missed out on all the connections and possible additional friendships you could have made during that time? my life could be more full and more rich than it is now, and i could be more of a person. but i’m not. i don’t know how to reconcile that and not feel like a massive, unfixable failure
>>
>>35501638
i so want to do that. i have goals and hopes for adulthood, and it feels like a clean slate after the disappointing experience of college. i got to “experience college as a girl” but it was a shitty experience. it’s hard to juxtapose that future hope with the current sense of bleakness. and im stuck inside right now with covid. haven’t seen another human being besides my roommate in 4 days. just finished my full legal transition though!!! haha so worth it!!
>>
>>35501387
If it makes you feel any better I'm repressing through college right now, and aside from class my weekly grocery/liquor store trip is the only time I even leave my apartment. The only conversation I've had for the last three weeks was when my mom called and I had to lie about having friends so she would stop worrying about me. Still probably gonna fail out too lol.
>>
>>35501892
why are you repressing? and why would this make me feel better lol
>>
>>35492492
>>35491950
Come on, she literally just announced her transition like a week ago
>>
>>35501892
Wow that was me in college
>>
>>35502019
why not just first manmode like any other self respectable tranny
>>
>>35502048
i never manmoded. it may have fucked up my college life but i don’t regret it
>>
>>35502053
maybe boymoding for 2 years isnt healthy for me...
>>
>>35502088
i genuinely think that if i hadn’t girlmoded (honmoded for the first 6 months, let’s be real) i wouldn’t be where i am now. and yeah, im sad and just made a shitty post about how i hate my life or whatever, but end of the day i just finished my transition, the future is in my grasp (and as my chosen gender successfully) and i DO have friends and a (now) supportive family. however mid things are now, without going about transition the way i did it’d be 100 times worse
>>
>>35501643
>what’s normal.
the feeling of leaving college feeling like you could have done more. i pretty much regret nearly all of my college years

>my life could be more full and more rich than it is now, and i could be more of a person.
that's true for pretty much everyone. you got the hard shit out of the way

trust me, having that career and club wouldn't mean shit if you didn't transition and make it. i'm speaking as a late 20s repper with shitloads of money but john 30ing because i can't bring myself to troon this late
>>
>>35502336
it’s never too late anon i promise. thank u for the reassurance :)
>>
saved my life because supportive parents got me on blockers @ 13

now my boyfriend is straight and transphobic <3
>>
>>35491776
> How much did transitioning improve your life?
cant imagine myself as a non-tranny and when i look at myself in the mirror it feels sort of normal
> How much harder did it make your life?
Have to pretend to be a really feminine guy in clubs/bars/when it comes to renting/taking out loans. Its kinda weird because i dont really want to explain why i look like a girl
>>
>>35502684
>saved my life because supportive parents got me on blockers @ 13
you have no idea how lucky you are
>>
>>35502006
I have several reasons, but if it was an option for me I would have transitioned years ago.
I thought it would make you feel better knowing that you probably did improve your life at least a little.
>>35502030
I'm surprised you're still alive. How did you make it through?
>>
File: IMG_0306.jpg (105 KB, 551x482)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>
>>35505780
puberty blockers would have saved, they were already too far gone
>>
>>35504975
>if it was an option for me I would have transitioned years ago.
what is it that holds you back?
>>
>>35491776
90% of the people reading this wouldn’t be able to answer this question because they’ve already killed themselves.
>>
>>35508304
I thought it was 40% no wait, 42, or was it 52? gosh, this statistic on transgender suicides is so vague, i wonder if/where the actual data is
>>
>>35491841
realistically it gives you an extra 2 before realizing those surgeries are forever out of reach and you threw your life away
>>
>>35508419
>i wonder if/where the actual data is
there isn't any
>>
>>35509390
huh? but i hear 42% all the time, how could there be no data behind this?
>>
>>35497779
Fear of Masculinization ... Oh
>>
>>35494946
All art is for attention
>>
>>35491776
Ruined my life and guaranteed my suicide
Don’t transition after 18 if your genetics suck
Don’t transition if you’re taller than 5’9 and/or built like a man
>>
It made life better, but only like 15% better. I'm a 6'1 manmoder who would have never made it anyways. I feel like it extended my life a few years at best. I feel like HRT is only this OMG YAYYY moment for the rare passoids, sheltered people, and those with people who love them/money. If you don't have those things, it's a huge difficulty modifier.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.