[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

thread for anyone living in, moving to or escaping Florida.

I'm moving to Florida. I had barely any options and this ended up being my next stage in life. it is what it is, I should be OK, but I am concerned about my friend, who insists on eventually moving where I am at. would someone that's like an HRT femboy/HRT butch be OK in Florida? I've been hearing about a lot of anti-trans laws going down in Florida. how can I help protect my friend?
>>
why would you move to florida unless you're like 70
>>
>>35495038
it was not my first choice. but hey, now there'll be a non-70 year old voter moving there.
>>
>>35495004
Florida is terrible for anyone who likes cold weather and dislikes summer. It also sucked hard when I was initially transitioning, it's okay now bcs cis passing, but the state is full of idiots with room temp IQ who are made crazy by the wet heat. I'm moving north in like 2 weeks and I will never come back. If I want nice beaches I'll go to Hawaii.

Anyways, FL is not great for trans people in terms of laws.
Trans people cannot change their gender on their IDs here and will be charged with fraud if they try, and potentially you can get charged if you already have it changed and authorities are in a situation where they check (e.g. arrested and they're deciding which jail to send you to or if ypure stopped when going to an airport bathroom). They are also trying to formalize this at the legislative level rather than through some agency memo.
For bathrooms having to align to AGAB it only concerns state bathrooms, so public bathrooms or any bathroom in the airport, rest stop, court house, school or public park.
Otherwise, trans ppl can get HRT but only through doctors so places like planned parenthood are off the books. They will have to look for speciality clinics or explicitly trans friendly doctors as any medical professional can refuse all care due to religious or moral reasons due to them being trans.
Iirc they've also tried to pass bills that make it so insurance can't cover trans stuff like surgeries/hrt/etc, but they haven't passed, but it may eventually.
The surgeon general for the state is a Q anon conspiracy theorist who is anti-vax/anti-trans, and the medical boards are paid off and explicitly anti-trans so it's not looking so good.
>>
>>35495754
sincerely thank you for replying.
>For bathrooms having to align to AGAB it only concerns state bathrooms, so public bathrooms or any bathroom in the airport, rest stop, court house, school or public park.
what the fuck does this mean? you mean my friend would HAVE to go into public bathrooms that fall under those categories or else, what, get fined or arrested?
what the hell happens if my friend is naturally, without hormones, super gender nonconforming and already gets viewed as the other sex without trying?

at least at this time trans-related surgeries are still going on in Florida?
>>
>>35495004
Oh I live here :3
I fucking hate it, I’m bored out of my mind all the fucking time you need a car to get anywhere, it’s filthy everywhere. And planned parenthood told me I was fucked in regards to HRT and then I turned 20 : /
>>
>>35495887
>filthy
literally, like garbage strewn around or what? what do you mean?
what makes Florida hateable outside of the wet heat and the anti-trans policies?
>>
waah wahh i hate living in a 1st world nation and too retarded to diy
>>
>>35495923
it's not really about that. I need to know what Florida's like to help protect my friend.
>>
>>35495894
Yeah legitimately filthy, it’s horrendous. Everywhere you go is full of garbage and litter, it’s depressing.

I mean it’s home but it could be problems I personally have rather than what’s wrong with the state itself, but I feel like everyone is so like separated from one another.
>>
>>35495004
where are you moving to in florida? north florida is gonna be more like the south but central and south florida arent horrible
>>
I know a guy who moved there a few years ago, he was like "oh I'm sure it's exaggerated it can't be that bad"

Every time I talk to him he says he had no idea how bad it could be and what a fucked up place it is and how he didn't sign up for this

He's a cishet white male too but he has long hair and a child with some kind of autism so imagine that, plus being a faggot, no thanks. I won't even take a connecting flight through fl*rida.
>>
>>35495867
Ofc anon

>what the fuck does this mean? you mean my friend would HAVE to go into public bathrooms that fall under those categories or else, what, get fined or arrested?
So, mainly the issue comes in *if* someone tells u to leave and you don't, that is spelled out in the bill, and if you don't leave you'll be charged with trespassing if youre trans but idk abt being arrested.
I have heard of issues even with cis gnc lesbians and such, tho cis ppl can't be charged with anything if they go into the bathroom matching their agab, but really it's not a big issue unless they're required to be at the airport or courthouse for a job or something.
They will have no issues tho if they're cis passing and no terfs have pre-knowledge of them being trans.

Also to clarify, for the ID thing, a big part of it is having your license suspended if having mismatching identifiers if you already have it changed, but the charged with fraud for already changed is up in the air; main thing is picking up a fraud charge for changing it at the dmv.

>at least at this time trans-related surgeries are still going on in Florida?
Right now you can still get coverage on private insurance, yes, but medicaid doesn't cover any trans stuff anymore if they rely on that.

>>35495979
I 100% agree with this anon, it's a filthy state (unless youre in the mega rich areas lol), everyone feels so distant here like they're always on guard.
I've lived in the PNW and Alaska and even Alaska - a state full of introverts - the people are way friendlier and less distant.
There is also a sizable organized crime presence here which is scary af lol
>>
>>35495987
the northern part, the panhandle part. is the northern area simply called northern or do they break it up into north west, north east and so on?

>>35495979
great... kind of like where I am at right now, then. everyone probably is really separated, the way America is set up is inherently alienating and atomizing.
>>
>>35496012
what makes it so horrendous exactly? just depressing and small mindedness and too wetly hot?

>>35496021
> if you don't leave you'll be charged with trespassing if youre trans but idk abt being arrested.
I have heard of issues even with cis gnc lesbians and such, tho cis ppl can't be charged with anything if they go into the bathroom matching their agab
uhh what the fuck... my friend sometimes is passing without meaning to as it stands right fucking now. great. this is obviously something that could cause issues.

>sizable organized crime
who, Mexican cartels?
>>
>>35496068
ya it's not great, but if you live somewhere like Wilton manors you'll have zero issues as that is the lgbt mecca of Florida.

>organized crime
I have only met people in the mafia here but idk abt Mexican cartels, historically that has been an issue, but idk abt now
>>
>>35496086
which mafia?
>>
>>35496106
I didn't ask desu
>>
>>35495004
Hrt Florida femboy here
>be ok in Florida?
Honestly, it really depends where in Florida. No one cares in Miami and down south, so you can be whoever you want, but I would avoid up north at all cost.
>anti trans law
Since I’m not trans, none of the laws really affected me. The only laws I would look out for are anything to do with adults and HRT. Other than that, nothing to really worry about other than butthurt people
>>
>>35496120
probably very wise of you to not!

>>35496136
>up north at all cost.
ha... wonderful. it can't be helped.
why is the northern part so bad? dangerous? lots of bashing?
>>
Honestly it isnt worth it, if you dont pass especially. I am fortunate to have documents changed and i am told I pass so I get away with it but it means people tell me how they really feel about trannies to my face and it's horrid a lot of the times. Genuinely do not move here if you can avoid it. My next goal is leaving tbhh.
>>
>>35496180
roughly whereabouts is your location in FL?
I feel like the issue that will eventually arise is that people will assume my friend is trans but it's more of a... clocky cis situation going on. I think that's the right terminology. people already think my friend is the other gender sometimes. there is also possibly chance they would go a kind of HRT femboy route in the future.
>>
>>35496154
>why is the northern part so bad?
Never been up there in person but I hear it’s very red state. Unless you gigapass, they would give you looks and most likely confront you with some bullshit. I would avoid moving there, but if you can’t, I suggest you scout out how open minded people are in the area before doing anything
>>
>>35496238
OK, that is good to know. it can't be helped in any case. not to sound like a tacticool wannabe badass but regardless of the reception we are going on bestie dates and getting strapped up.
>>
>>35496223
South East Fl, so it's more liberal but those that do hate are quite vocal regardless
>>
>>35496068
>what makes it so horrendous exactly? just depressing and small mindedness and too wetly hot?
I generally try to change the subject immediately because as women like to say "I'm not his therapist", but yeah from what I gather, everyone is backwards and insane and the government is even worse, and it's not something you can just ignore or laugh off
>>
>>35496485
fantastic. hopefully there will be a shred of improvement as more and more Boomers die off there then.
>>
File: PXL_20240411_234807460.jpg (1.56 MB, 2736x3648)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB JPG
waow i grew up in miami any of u in palmetto bay
>>
>>35496384
same area and I can attest this is true, the trump supporters are quiet loud and proud abt it and vocally anti-trans if it comes up

>>35496539
issue with FL is it's a retirement state so they're replaced after the other ones die

>>35496180
good luck on moving! hope u get out soon, my partner and I saved up and are finally getting out to a deep blue state with sanctuary laws soon
try to do it before the next election shit could get crazier esp in the testing ground state that is FL
>>
>>35497155
Ayy neighborss!!! Lmk ur discord and we can chat and shit maybe we can hang, 's lonely being trans in south fl
>>
>>35497181
neighbor!!!
I'm moving up north in a week or I'd say let's all hang, but here's my discord, we can commiserate on the shittiness of FL lol
syntongue
>>
>>35495004
I'm a nonpassing ftm tranny in north florida, been called a faggot and had ugly looks but that's it, I haven't had people chase me with chainsaws or whatever else northerners want you to think
>>
>>35497181
Oh em gee you’re in South FL too?
>>
>>35497296
that's good then.
>>
>>35497181
>>35497278
I dropped my alt so I'll check it tomorrow, can't do multiple accounts on mobile which im kinda stuck on rn as everything is packed t.t
>>
>>35497440
Yah!! Like hmmm Lake Worth Area
>>
>>35497544
Aw that’s like 40 miles away lol
>>
File: dm3afc.png (286 KB, 421x323)
286 KB
286 KB PNG
>>35495004
anon i mean this in the nicest possible way but why the fuck?

FL is actively hostile to LGBT-related anything, and on the track we're on will start branding trans people paedophiles that must register for a tranny medical database. bathroom bills and 'groomer' rhetoric are the least of it. it's impossible to change your birth certificate or ID here or get insured trans healthcare so you're fucked if that's you. education is actively being legislated against - as mums for liberty run most of our school boards and discussing anything related to LGBTQ in a k-12 environment as a teacher will get you fired + lost cause revisionism and prager U populate the history curricula

if not that it's a humid shithole 85% of the year (your new friends will be mosquitoes/huge roaches) and is almost entirely car dependent. where i'm from it's a running gag our public transit is so shit it is literally, i shit you not, called SCAT. good fucking luck getting hormones anon because anti trans laws are an understatement, desantis has endorsed conversion therapy and, if you're in the public school system, forced outing for 'mental health' purposes

on top of all of that cost of living is through the fucking roof. car insurance, rent, and everything else cost a fortune here and you're retarded if you're not moving here for work or retirement. even still i couldn't understand it - like unless you're an engineer or studying to become one no one i know wants to stay here

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.