[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (869 KB, 922x735)
869 KB
869 KB PNG
Did any trannies learn to sew when they transitioned or since? Did it make you feel feminine doing a womanly hobby? Did you make your own clothes that fit you?
>>
>>35496861
I want to try this but fabrics are so expensive. Also I'm afraid if I learn too much about tailoring it's going to ruin fashion for me because I'll over-analyze the way clothes are made and it'll take the fun out of it.
>>
>>35496915
Yeah it's not a cheap hobby. But I used to play warhammer, so I think I can handle it.

>>35496933
What?
>>
>>35496861
im getting a sewing machine so i can make boymoder and chud plushies
>>
lol I did a sewing day camp once when I was like 5 or something and didn't know better
>>
>>35496998
I had my 1st class sewing badge in boyscouts.
As I recall it was easy to get, you just had to darn a sock or something. But still.
And I can handstich simple repairs on stuff, I just don't because men's clothes are cheap.
>>
>>35496861
I taught myself to do basic stuff to mend clothes and fix buttons a long time ago.

If I had time for yet another hobby I'd like to learn to weave. Something about looms is so... hypnotizing.
>>
>>35497026
Yeah I'm going to have to relearn knitting to help me quit smoking.
But learning to sew my own clothes hits two birds with one stone because it's a feminine hobby, but also clothes that fit.
>>
File: file.png (317 KB, 476x535)
317 KB
317 KB PNG
Nobody else wants to learn to sew?
>>
i started before i transitioned but not in a womanly way. i used to watch this channel called man sewing on yt

iwnbaw :(
>>
>>35496915
Buy them at a creative reuse or thrift store
>>
>>35496861
But yeah I sew it's not hard to be ok at sewing everyone used to do it
>>
>>35497609
What do you sew?
>>
>>35497618
Clothes I guess.. I've only done a couple pieces but at least 1 shirt I made is in my regular rotation. It's kinda fun but it's not much cheaper and takes longer than just thrifting clothes so I only do it if I feel like it. It's definitely nice to be able to choose the exact size tho cus I have a huge hon body
>>
>>35496861
No.
I just kept being me.
I already read otome comics and novels for several years before I even realized I was trans so I had a girly hobby already.
>>
>>35496861
love sewing. i buy stupid button down shirt from thrift stores and make them fit me. i hate that thats all i feel like i can do as a male, make a shitty button down less boxy and wear the same jeans over and over. i want to looking in the womens section but it makes me crazy anxious.
>>
>>35497696
Have you thought about making a corset? It doesn't seem that hard, and they're only good when they're custom made.
>>
>>35496861
i will learn some this year probably so i can start making my own Ellaphae veils
>>
File: IMG_4153.jpg (146 KB, 750x750)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>35496861
i've always had a pretty fat ass so my grandmother used to have to tailor all my pants for me, and since she's too old to do it now, i figured out how to do it myself

i do a lot of tailoring for my friends too
>>
>>35496861
I've been sewing for nearly 2 decades now, I trooned only 4 years ago. Yes, I'm old.
>>
>>35496861
Idk how to use a sewing machine but I can use a needle and thread? I do kind of want to learn though, not to gain a "feminine hobby" lmao but because I saw this person who makes really cool outfits and masks and other crafty things and I think itd be neat.
>>
>>35499608
>I don't want to sew because I want a "feminine hobby"
>I just want a hobby, that's feminine.
Never let anyone tell you you're not trutrans.
>>
i wanted to learn how to sew so i could make some cool original clothes.
too bad this dream ended like the rest of them :)
>>
I'm 6' so I struggle to regularly find women's clothes long enough for me unless I travel to NL. So I've thought for ages that I'd like to learn to sew so I could make clothes that fit my proportions. But... I have zero ability to keep at any new habit and I have bought equipment for new hobbies so many times and just abandoned them so it makes me wary about buying a machine and fabric etc.

Would be cool though.
>>
>>35500151
Could you maybe find one secondhand?some people just give away stuff they dont need anymore
>>
>>35500176
Yeah, probably. I still worry about the guilt that will come with trying to start something new and inevitably failing to keep at it. My self confindence is completely crippled at this point.
>>
>>35496861
>Did it make you feel feminine doing a womanly hobby?
AGP

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.