[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1681595763617717.jpg (5 KB, 250x250)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>mum genders me correctly
>misgenders every other trans person she talks about
>>
>>35501060
what do you do about it
>>
>>35501060
congrats she loves and respects you, despite not believing in trans stuff.
>>
>>35501060
gender?
>>
>>35501065
nothing
>>35501119
mtf
>>
>>35501060
at least it's not the other way around
>>
>>35501194
kek imagine that, it would truly be over
>>
correct, this is normal for most cis people. in fact, they don't even extend the courtesy when you're not around. they are literally placating you
>>
>>35501224
>in fact, they don't even extend the courtesy when you're not around. they are literally placating you
I am aware
>>
>>35501238
then what's the point of your thread??
>>
>>35501263
I just find it weird how blatant cis people are
>>
>>35501273
doing things specifically for you in front of you isn't 'blatant' it's the exact opposite
>>
>>35501060
My mom genders trans people correctly but she doesn’t agree with non-binary. She says it’s stupid and it doesn’t make sense
>>
>>35501060
Congrats, your mom doesn't like trans people but loves you enough to respect you anyway. Take what you can because it could be much worse
>>
>>35501060
Would you rather she gender every other trans person correctly but misgender you?
Cos that'd be hilarious.
>>
>>35501303
good for her
>>
>>35501273
You are compelling people to lie to your face otherwise they face social and potential legal ramifications. Of course 90% of people are just going to go along with it and say whatever words they need to when interacting with you to not cause a meltdown incident and this mame it unbearable to interact with you in the future. It's like a tired family member telling a kid that "yes I agree you are infact a dinosaur" so they will calm down and eat their lunch instead of crying and yelling at them. Of course the moment either you are someone willing to socially hen peck them isn't around they are going to revert to using language they actually believe in. This is the path that was chosen, rather than allowing people to be straight forward with whether or not they see you as the sex you pretend to be everyone bites their tongue and lies to your face in order to avoid repercussions while their underlying beliefs remains the same.
>>
>>35501521
>otherwise they face social and potential legal ramifications
my parents misgendered me for years without any of this, get of /pol/
>>
>>35501569
Did they stop? If yes, it was due to your negative behaviour towards them for misgendering you, which falls under social ramifications.
>>
>>35501303
See >>35500668
Is she wrong?
>>
>>35501612
my mom stopped after i got ffs
i think seeing how much i was willing to go through for this made her try harder for me
i never got mad at her for it before since she's finnish and their language doesn't have gendered pronouns like he/she
u chuds always come here and try to tell us we're all miserable and our families hate us and blah blah but desu i have a p good life :0 projection much?
>>
>>35501612
This applies to literally all social behaviour, welcome to living in a society

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.