[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 7108053318331000.jpg (64 KB, 750x1000)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
Why can't 'trans women' just beeeeeeee themselves as cis, non-hrt feminine men, instead of larping as women?
>>
no reason they just don't want to do that, but why do (You) care if they take HRT or larp as women?
>>
body mod hobby paid for by taxpayers
>>
>>35504800
they need to learn to want that
it offends me when they are clearly putting on a performance to make others happy
>>
>>35504796
They do in some countries where they’re unable to get hrt or even identify as 3rd genders because they’re not viewed as women. If trans women had easy accese to hrt with the condition that they’d be categorized as a 3rd gender I think they would do it. The obsession with Trans women being women and nothing else comes from insecurity
>>
>>35504817
you need to learn to want to mind ya fuckin business
>>
>>35504830
it's kinda shoved in my face
OH HELLO I AM A WOMAN PLEASE CALL ME SHEEEEEEE
>>
>>35504817
huh? why should they want that, what makes you think you have any kind of right to not be offended, and how do you know it's just to make others happy? aren't you actually demanding they do something they don't want to specifically to make you happy? seems like you have no arguments and just don't like trans people so you want them to disappear
>>
how about we put you on hrt, have you grow tits and shit, and tell you that its normal?
>>
>>35504796
>non-hrt
>feminine
Doesn't work, and doesn't last.
>>
>>35504857
outside the relationship of commodity fetishism you are perfectly able to call trans women "he." obviously capital stops this from happening because money can be made from propping up identities. but you're likely just a fucking monkey who couldn't work a simple retail job without seething and frothing
>>
>>35504796
>Why can't 'trans women' just beeeeeeee themselves by conforming rigidly to society
>>
>>35504938
not without getting punished socially or otherwise for calling them he

>>35504941
being trans is the act of conformance
>>
>>35505111
"conformity." what exactly do you mean by "punished socially"? sounds like people in your life weren't tolerating your rude, disrespectful behavior
>>
>>35504796
not goin off hrt
ill be a cis man on hrt if that gets you out of my mentions tho
>>
>>35504817
>it offends me when they are clearly putting on a performance to make others happy
i'm literally doing the opposite of that by transitioning lol. i've literally lost friends over this. ur so retarded. if i was living as a moid still life would be 10x easier. wanna know why i don't do it? it made me suicidal and boobs are nice lmao. not because society told me i had to trans myself kek. society told me to be a straight moid that has a million fucking kids
>>
>>35504796
because that wouldn't be myself? duh
>>
>>35505308
being trans is pretending to be someone else because others do not accept what you are
>>
>>35504796
>beeeeee yourself :D
>NO NOT LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>35504796
The same reason they develop gender dysphoria in the first place. Normal society does not integrate people with GNC personality structures, so those who don't fit the bill are ostracized. Tomboys used to be much more common because they could always find a place with the boys. But feminine boys have always been too timid to group with other boys and too male to fit in with the girls (because boys have cooties). This mostly continues through life, not that GD hasn't already taken a hold. The dichotomy is essentially transition or repress yourself until you die.
>>
>>35504817
Fuck you buddy
>>
>>35504796
Gender dysphoria.
>>
>>35505725
not real
>>
>>35505911
I wish
>>
>>35505994
its true, its just an excuse, it means nothing and you can't prove it is real any more than god or religious beliefs are real
>>
>>35506147
I can't prove you haven't been lobotomized, yet somehow it's still true. Strange.
>>
>>35506147
read the dsm 5 stupid retard
>>
>>35507572
>a book says it so that means it is true
>>
>>35504796
27 fucking replies and not one anon mentioned the emotional changes from HRT. What the fuck?
>>
>>35504796
because my internal gender identity is that of a woman and I will express it. secondly, gender dysphoria is a well recognized psychiatric condition and the only recognized psychiatric treatment is to transition.
>>
>>35504796
>'trans women'
**american trannies
>>
>>35508425
Sorry you can't stop thinking long enough to notice things are different.

>I'm not actually sorry
>>
File: spongebob disgusted.png (590 KB, 864x677)
590 KB
590 KB PNG
>>35504817
>to make others happy
krill yrself
>>
>>35504817
>>35505111
>>35509400
I've never heard this "for the sake of others" argument before, can you explain?
>>
>>35509505
you are pressured into being trans by others who want to weaken you and prevent you from breeding
>>
>>35509547
oh, you mean like an NWO/jews thing? how does that count as "pleasing others" or peer pressure? wouldnt that just be propaganda?
>>
>>35504796
because that sounds really unpleasant and I don't want to
>>
>>35509568
no, just rich people, they don't want faggots and spergs to breed, they want you sterilized and thinking its voluntary and that its making you happy so they don't get in trouble
>>
>>35509547
it had to be a breeder white knight /pol/ack kys kys kys having children is le bad you should DIE
>>
I don't like men
>>
>>35509613
move to Africa
>>
File: nigga u gay.jpg (1.74 MB, 2207x1668)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB JPG
>don't be a normal feminine woman just be disgusting freak man
>>
File: 1710131505971240.jpg (923 KB, 1666x2082)
923 KB
923 KB JPG
>>35509591
think about what you just said and why its contradictory and conceptually ridiculous. im not even talking about conspiracies, im full on willing to believe anything if its logically sound. please, think about what you just said
>>
>>35509547
Again, krill yrself my man, you moronic white knight. ALL social forces are against transition and I did it despite them. It's internal. Now implode.
>>
>>35504796
>Why can't 'cis men' just beeeeeeee themselves as trans, hrt butch women, instead of larping as men?
>>
>>35504796
chaser fingers typed this
>>
File: coins.jpg (87 KB, 1010x847)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>35509547
>actual schizo
wow who would've guessed!
>>
>>35509835
>they wouldn't do that!
>>
>>35509857
>we need to prevent fags from breeding!! oh how could we possibly prevent HOMOSEXUALS from PROCREATING
>>
>>35509875
gay keeps existing generation to generation because its genetic and most gays repress and marry women and have babies with women
>>
I don't care about pronouns or being recognized as a woman. I don't look like one anyways so it's pointless to insist on something that obviously isn't true. I just like being on HRT and I'm never gonna stop :^)
>>
>>35509547
i was pressured into not being trans all my life, i'm choosing to be happy in spite of people trying to hold me down.
>>
>>35509888
>gay man
>wants to be a woman
ok. trannies are predatory rapists that target women, please grow up
>>
>>35509944
seems like kind of the point of the cult is always insisting it is voluntary no matter what
>>
>>35509961
the burden of proof is on you, anon. you should be able to prove that these people are being coerced, their claim that it was voluntary is non-falsifiable
>>
>>35504796
taking hrt and being as much of a woman as i can be makes my brain feel better. if i didn't have this i'd eat a shotgun.
>>
>>35504796
I swear to God I'm going to fucking kill myself
>>
>>35509652
>a normal feminine woman
>a transsexual
buddy...
>>35508291
most people either say that's a meme/honscience/placebo OR that the emotional changes are mostly negative (depression, lethargy, decreased libido, mood swings, irritability)
it's a lose-lose
>>
>>35509981
its mostly social pressure, its not like they are holding meetings telling you to transition
do you not believe in implicit social norms?
the proof is how widespread the custom is, even in places that supposedly dislike transgenderism
>>
>>35504938
>just call trannies "he"

OK, I guess I can.
But NEVER call a foid poonman or theyfab ANYTHING but the NOISE they WANT

(foid privilege + socialization)
>>
>>35510030
how are either of us going to prove that a social norm exists? I don't think that there is social pressure anywhere outside of niche groups which wouldnt qualify it as any sort of custom. But you don't agree with me. How can we move forward productively on this point and avoid just saying "it exists", "no it doesn't", "yes it does", "no it doesnt"
>>
>>35510030
you're such a fucking weasel
>the proof is how widespread the custom is, even in places that supposedly dislike transgenderism
the proof for trannies not being real is the fact that trannies exist even in places that discourage them? the way i see it, that's proof that there's an underlying biological cause for trannies, seeing it it persists even when discouraged.

anyways back up you're argument with sources or you're a retard
>>
>>35510094
why is being trans legal in most countries if everyone hates you?
>>
>>35504817
>to make others happy
we risk losing everything to come out, how is anything we do for the sake of others?
>>
>>35505111
dont engage with people who are too autistic to understand why society dislikes it when you call an insecure overweight woman fat
>>
>>35510117
some people are transphobic, but not everyone, some people want you to be trans, and treat you better for coming out, you do it for those people
>>
File: america together.png (1.37 MB, 2388x1339)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB PNG
>>35509983
>>35509985
most sane transgender people
>>35509730
false equivalency
>>35509717
>ALL social forces are against transition
most of the American traditional media is neutral if not pro-transgenderism at this point
even Fox News puts out pro-trans segments in June
>>
>>35510110
>1954
>why is being black legal in most countries if everyone hates you?
>>
>>35510171
its weird how they took the time to end segregation, so they acknowledge injustice is wrong, but decide, hey gays can wait another 50 years for rights
>>
>>35504817
>why can't you just conform to my sensibilities
>I am so fragile that I will screech and cry because other people are not living exactly as I personally wish them to
Such is the pathetic fragility of the fascist authoritarian.

I'll be whatever the fuck I want to be and you'll learn to stop trying to tell other people how to live shithead.
>>
>>35510205
trannies are ultra-conformists
>>
>>35510205
you say "screech and cry" but you're pretty clearly the one screeching and crying and not him
>>
>>35510208
why is being a conformist bad?
>>
>>35510208
Irrelevant to my argument.
You don't get to tell other people how to live and if you try to do so, you will be called an asshole for it.
Because it's something only an asshole would do.
>>
>>35510219
because you are not doing what you really want to, you are submitting because it is less effort and you are risk-averse
>>
>>35510216
He literally made a thread specifically to complain about this. How is that not "screeching and crying"?
>>
>>35510229
trannies are transitioning because others treat them better for doing so
it isn't your first choice, the alternative is worse
>>
>>35510238
Asshole.
>>
>>35510186
>its weird how they took the time to end segregation, so they acknowledge injustice is wrong
Please read up a bit more on how and why segregation was "ended", as in the effort it took and how "just" things became even after it was supposedly "ended" until even more laws were passed to really enforce things. Acknowledging injustice and rectifying it is something societies seem to want to do only with the greatest reluctance and when there's no other option left, not eagerly.
>>
>>35510231
isn't that just how society works?
i don't want to go to work but i still submit to it because the alternative is less risky.
>>
>>35510238
im transitioning because >>35509983
i've lost most my friends because of it and ppl treat me worse in general.
>>
>>35504938
world's least retarded anti-gay leftist
how does "commodity fetishism" stop you from calling trans women 'he'? like gender wouldn't somehow exist in a society without commodities? it's not like gender was invented with capitalism
>>
>>35510279
but some people treat you better now, that's why you did it
>>
>>35510291
not really? and even if some people do treat me better it doesn't come close to making up for what i lost.
>>
>>35504796
because like 90% of my dysphoria was physical. Fear of developing a masculine body from finishing puberty, hatrred of the male features I already had. Like if I had to choose between presenting as a gnc boy but taking estrogen and having srs. Or being a cis feminine man I would take the former every time.
>>
>>35510136
Nah having occasional LGBT representation in media isn't it. My family, my neighborhood, and all of the media I consumed growing up made fun of tranners. Drag is still gross acting so don't @ me about drag. The best rep I've seen is Dr Girlfriend from Venture Bros lol, and maybe newer gay cartoons which I get none of because I'm adult now, still those do not portray MTF transition nicely
>>
>>35510291
>>35510238
Shitty bait
Doesn't engage in conversation
OP should get a life instead of trolling 4chan
>>
>>35510322
this is a pro-trans (or at least neutral) superbowl ad from the 90s, it doesn't really prove much, it's just an oddity
https://files.catbox.moe/uz5p04.mp4
as of this decade though, if you can find a portrayal of a trans character, it will be positive, it's extremely rare to find a negative one; all the buffalo bills etc. are gone
>>
>>35510607
holiday inn of all things
>>
You can't expect people to be feminine when their body is constantly producing a masculinizing substance. They can act however they want, of course, but it would be in total dissonance with their body.
>>
>>35511573
Can, but obviously it's not ideal, and some people find the mixture offensive.
>>
File: theg.jpg (38 KB, 598x400)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
Anon, myself is a trans woman. If you want to categorise that as something "other" than a woman then you and your cliques are free too, but if you want to categorise that as a lie and that "myself" is actually a 'cis man' then you just don't know me like I do.
>>
>>35511622
On an unrelated note, "fights" should be "struggles". The "fight" translation is technically correct but "struggles" better encapsulates the quote (and is also a secondary definition of the original German word).
>>
File: Hermann-Hesse-7.jpg (21 KB, 400x300)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>35511918
No, lol.
>>
File: Hermann-Hesse.jpg (20 KB, 400x300)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>35511958
Woops, I meant this pic. Got them mixed up by thumbnails
>>
>>35511630
but "the bird fights its way out of the egg" is more phonetically beautiful than "the bird struggles its way out of the egg." the latter sentence trips over itself on the "struggles its"
>>
>>35511958
was herman hesse a nazi sympathizer?
>>
>>35511989
I value philosophy slightly over lyrical beauty, doubly so in regards to translation.

>>35511989
>It is the duty of spiritual types to stand alongside the spirit and not to sing along when the people start belting out the patriotic songs their leaders have ordered them to sing.
"Tl;dr", no.
>>
File: miamispringbreak2024.jpg (27 KB, 500x422)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>35512035
>>35511999
second meant for
>>
>>35504796
I might be wrong, but I get the impression that most people who argue against people being transgender tend to be sick and tired of having the topic shoved down their throat by the blue hair septum piercing crowd.

I wonder whether these people would still be sick and tired of trans people/ideology if it wasn’t plastered all over the media and they weren’t forced to conform to the ideology. Also, I bet these people wouldn’t give a shit if all trans people put in their best effort to pass and they kind of just blended in to society… If you’re gonna larp convincingly as master chief, an outfit made out of cardboard boxes probably won’t do the trick.

I’m all for people living how they want and more power to them, but with any ideology or way of thinking, there will always be those who take it to the extreme.

To answer the question though, you could compare it to saying, “why do schizophrenics larp as stable humans by using antipsychotics? Why can’t they just be themselves?”. Yeh I get that it’s quite a far fetched comparison, but I think it comes down to nearly the same answer; high risk of self inflicted harm, (maybe harm to others), and a very low quality of life. But that’s providing that the person suffers from gender dysphoria, an actual medical condition. No medical condition? No sound reason to transition imo.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.