[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: boymoder.png (18 KB, 564x714)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
how do you make friends in college? i havent made any friends my first year.
>>
>>35508097
ask random people to play amongus with you
>>
>>35508097
Go to every event possible.
>>
>>35508244
It’s as simple as this. But don’t just stand in the corner - talk to people at every interaction.
>>
>>35508267
Western social interactions suck, where I'm from, people only go to class, and when they finish they talk to each other about the topics seen in the class, and it's better, because the classes last all day, so you just say something like "hey, are you going to lunch? oh, I'll go with you," and that's it, that's how you make friends and meet new people, drinking alcohol to interact with more people sucks, but westerners are addicted to drugs, so they don't know other ways.
>>
>>35508097
Write 'free bussy' in sharpie on your back and bend over naked in the boys restroom
>>
>>35508097
I didn't make a single friend in college
don't worry about it, you're happier without friends anyway
>>
>>35510367
That's cap on God
>>
>>35510367
Happier how
Also is the more friends = more job connections thing real or meme
>>
>>35508097
Have you scoped out any people in your class you would like to be friends with?
>>
It’ll happen eventually, especially if you’re in a major that has lots of group projects
And if you join the lgbtq club I’m sure you will find plenty of fellow outcasts to befriend
>>
>>35508097
You don't look like that THOUGH
>>
>>35510389
it's unfortunately real
connections are more valuable than skills
you'll realize this when you have to interact with 90% of upper management
anyways i'm also in college living in the dorms and haven't met anyone. went to a few events but i think i'm just socially broken.
not like, retarded or anything, but i spent way too long in complete isolation and fried myself.
the other anon is right though, events are the best way to meet people. maybe look for a club that interests you and hang out there for a few meetings, try to talk to people about something you know you both dig at first and branch from there.
maybe. social advice isn't my strong suit, but i have faith that you'll feel it out.
>>
>>35510866
>It’ll happen eventually
you have to make it happen and talk to people. i personally did not make any friends in college despite being in lots of group projects and some clubs, but i was a total recluse and could not bring myself to speak to anyone.
>>
>>35510879
>already graduated
its already over for me
>>
>>35508823
>Addicted to drugs (not pharmaceuticals?)
>Westerners
Elaborate
>>
>>35510958
i wish i could say it wasn't true, and it partially isn't, but it's so much harder to meet people in the modern age.
maybe there's some community events in your area you could check out. creative workshops or something, too.
>>
>>35508097
I want to track down and make friends with the awkward girl I met at orientation but every time I see her I'm late going somewhere else

anyway the answer is to be in a girl-dominated major like psych or nursing
she is in biomed and I just fucking know she's isolated in there

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.