[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Can someone tell me which states have trans laws for adults that I need to know about? Or at least where I can get information on that?
>>
File: IMG_6357.jpg (114 KB, 780x518)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>35514668
this is the adult map
>>
>>35514668
>>35514719
illinois, how unexpected
>>
>>35514719
K but whar are the actual laws? I think I saw bans on bathrooms at public facilities, ban on birth certificate changes, and ban on healthcare up to age 25 or even older??
I just want to know if I could potentially move to a state and be ok vs strict cant move their at all. Its important for work I think
>>
>>35514668
ohio is weird because the gerrymandered government is easily the most corrupt in the northeast but demographically it’s no more conservative than pennsylvania. risk is high but there’s an argument to be made (that is being made currently) that the recent ballot measure to enshrine abortion into the state constitution provides certain protections for adult transition care as well. that’s something the people and government are going to be fighting about over the next couple of years. but i also haven’t been to the doctor since the recent executive order restricting adult care so like. i don’t know lol
>>
>>35514810
you will have to check each individual state’s laws. i don’t think anyone has compiled like various lists of states with specific restrictions
>>
>>35514810
it might be on erin in the morning’s website where these maps come from
>>
>>35514780
They have Chicago and a bunch of blue pockets, so it shouldn't be that surprising. Democrats haven't decided to throw us away the way Labor did in Britain, or at least not yet. Defending us is still part of the program for now. States with major metro areas always go blue or purple.
>>
>>35514810
half the laws are unconstitutional , are on hold because of lawsuits, are still in the process of being made.
It's frankly impossible to have any clearity
>>
>>35514878
i agree about illinois specifically, but idk if
>States with major metro areas always go blue or purple.
is true. at least, i feel like it's a bit of a stretch to call texas purple. people talked about it turning purple, like florida, but that hasn't really come to fruition, as far as i can tell. only something like 13 of their 38 house representatives are dems
>>
>>35515054
Texas is just gigantic. It's culturally more like several separate states, like California but under different circumstances. California has some DEEP red pockets. There's the far north (they call themselves Jefferson and want to split lmao), the poorer parts of the Sierras and desert, a couple patches around military bases in the LA and San Diego areas, and the Central Valley (which is a Bible Belt, especially between Fresno and Bakersfield). They're all overshadowed by the blue voters in the megacities, especially LA. Texas has blue urban areas, but they're not large and dense enough to subjugate the neighboring rural counties like in California. Give it enough time and urbanization, though, and it'll happen. Florida is just weird because their population is weird. Their cities have lots of right-wing Cubans, Caribbean immigrants, and the retired cruise ship boomer dregs of the entire eastern seaboard to skew the polls.
>>
>>35515147
sure, i can see that. i just feel like it's gonna be a long time before texas is even functionally purple, to say nothing of skewing toward the blue side. every bible belt is like a different circle of hell: the california bible belt is definitely the sixth circle. when the sun is high in that desert i can practically hear epicurus screaming, recanting his atheism
>>
>>35515274
I grew up in the California Bible Belt and it was wild. My parents were tailor-made literal MSNBC boomers who professed the most cringeworthy kind of rational atheism and openly supported LGBT people, but they still sent me to conversion bullshit because state law made it all downlow "supportive" crypto shit like they're calling "gender exploratory" these days. They legit thought they were being good allies by sending me to doctors that gave me antipsychotics and tried to pressure me to be a GNC boy. The British shit feels so familiar because that was my life for like a decade. It's a place exactly like any other Bible Belt, but they use the right words and are afraid to say the wrong ones when multiple outsiders are in the room with them. I hear it's better than it was 15-20 years ago, but I don't believe it. I think it's the same underneath. It's like racist hippies. You don't expect what you hear unless you've spent your life around it and experienced it.
>>
>>35514668
>>35514719
I live in south carolina and the state bureaucracy accepts me completely but the federal government gives me problem after problem it's so weird
>>
>>35515568
I believe you, but that sounds so backwards. Usually it's red state politicians these days being assholes and then Washington feds stepping in to say they're doing unconstitutional stuff. What do you mean the feds are giving you problems?
>>
>>35515642
the federal government appears to just not accept my name change and their minions persist in calling me "sir" when I try to fix it (which I imagine is on purpose and probably followed up by doing things like intentionally losing my papers etc.). They're always really nice until they realize I'm not a woman who just got married.
SC meanwhile changed my birth cert and driving license without a bit of resistance. But that was years ago and the feds are still screwing it up.
hard to tell what's bureaucrats being incompetent and what's transphobia really
>>
>>35515696
>bureaucrats being incompetent
>transphobia
itsthesamepicture.jpg
>>
>>35514668
As long as you've changed your documents already there isn't anything to worry about yet. Of course florida is best avoided but you shouldn't run into any problems there.
>>
>>35515514
the active antitheism thing is definitely very cringe and soul-sucking. no one is more judgemental than those types, when they're dunning-krugering. i'm sorry your parents made you go through all that just to satisfy their blind ideology. would they be mourning dennett?
>>
>>35515969
They didn't want their ideology satisfied. They just wanted me to stop being embarrassing and weird and sad and sent me to psychiatrists to accomplish it. It was more about the image than anything ideological like it was with this closet ftm guy I knew at the time.
>dennett
my dad read part of The God Delusion in like 2006 and it confirmed his pre-existing biases. they both were confident enough in their own perceptions and beliefs that they didn't feel they needed to follow any atheism gurus or whatever. They were fringe followers, not actual hardcore hero worshippers
>>
>>35514668
AGP ethnostate locations seem to be the northeast and cascadia.
>>
>>35514838
Yeah we have a really piece of shit corrupt gerrymandered government, it's insane how they get away with it. I just DIY honestly because I don't trust this state. Might end up moving so I don't have to deal with the trash government anymore and worry about worse restrictions but kinda sucks to have to leave everyone and everything.
>>
>>35516475
Price of civil war. Make it harder to do in the southern states. Don't be looking at swing states and boom.
>>
>>35515568
doesn’t SC not let you change your birth certificate
>>
>>35516796
nah I had it done even before srs (the lack of stated procedure I think works in your advantage if you're pre hormones)
I would believe there's like maybe 3 lawyers in the state who know how to get it done... cost me $2,000 to get done
>>
>>35514878
I’m more surprised about Arizona
>>
>>35516825
>cost me 2000
In California, I printed a paper and filled it out. I dropped it off at the county courthouse and paid a small filing fee, then a few weeks later I got a name and gender change order stamped by a judge. I just showed that to my bank, the DMV, and the state vital records department and got all new details. The DMV and state records department had small filing fees too, but it was basically just going down a checklist with a few hundred bucks set aside. Not bad at all. I'm sorry you had to get a lawyer and pay 2k. That sounds nuts.
>>
>>35514668
mn medical assistance is paying for my ffs and body contouring at the the mayo clinic so that's good.
>>
>>35516845
Arizona is a weird place where they're super super pro gun and 'merica but they're culturally close enough to the West coast and have enough tax-shy ex-Californians that LGBT stuff isn't a big deal to them. Their conservatism is the taxes and guns army worship kind rather than the Bible kind. There are Mormons and evangelicals and Q cultists, but they're not the defining voice of the state like they are in some places. It's just a weird place overall.
>>
>>35516796
I don’t even get why you’d want to change your birth certificate, you don’t need it for anything really
>>
>>35516883
>Their conservatism is the taxes and guns army worship kind rather than the Bible kind.
Bleh I hate all of it
>>
>>35517003
Yeah, it sucks. The difference is that Arizona are the ones that will hate you but not enough to find genocide tempting. I'll take a bootlicking Californian who fantasizes about being Kyle Rittenhouse over a dude who jacks off to Dominionism.
>>
>>35517003
Then go live in California where you belong
>>
>ending up in the absolute WORST state with regard to trans anything
this is actually epic. no sarcasm.
does that mean there's been a mass trans exodus from Florida over the last two to three years or so?
>>
>>35516883
GET OUT OF MY STATE REEEEE
You faggots made California an unlivable shithole with third world tier wealthy disparity and are no fleeing like rats to the rest of the west. Colorado is done, Arizona and New Mexico are turning into SoCal pt2, even Texas is having issues with all of you fags flooding the cities. Genuinely a fucking nightmare, in 50 years when all of the same retarded social and economic policies have been enacted your ilk with just jum ship again like the locust plague you are, leaving behind failed social programs and a new jobless Hispanic underclass.
>>
>>35515918
I havent changed documents but im not worried because i live in very blue state

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.