[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Glip.jpg (332 KB, 512x730)
332 KB
332 KB JPG
Let's talk about hair!

Is it possible to achieve this look with a wig, and what is the style even called?

What types of hair looks good on MtF, and what should be avoided?
>>
>>35519239
That type of hair should be avoided unless you’re a gigapassoid because it’ll emphasize your hairline and brow
>>
>>35519254
Good to know. Conversely, is this why bangs are popular? And volume at the front and top.

I've read that straight hair emphasizes angles and strong jaws, and should also be avoided
>>
File: honhair.png (786 KB, 474x794)
786 KB
786 KB PNG
>>35519363
>why bangs are popular?
Yes.
I think it might be easier to show you what not to do as opposed to what to do.
Picrel is a very popular hair style with trannies. I think it's because zoomer action girls, such as the hunger games lead and jinx, had it. This type of woman is pretty influential on trans girls growing up as they're women but also somewhat masc but also fem. So it's natural for a trans girl to want to look like them.

The problem arises in that the haircut emphasizes male pattern baldness areas and forehead. So trans girls should really avoid it til post FFS. They insist on doing it anyways.
>>
>>35519473
I look like this
>>
File: bangs.png (1.14 MB, 897x652)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
>>35519473
In contrast here's some bangs that look good trans or cis
>>
File: hair vid.webm (3.93 MB, 882x1390)
3.93 MB
3.93 MB WEBM
i love my hair but its so hard to style because it loses any style fast and it gets greasy fast with any kind of product in it :|
all i use is a shampoo and conditioner
i wanna add more stuff but idk if it would be overkill
i wanna use my dyson airwrap but istg i lose the curls after like 30 minutes
>>
File: 1713918739248372.jpg (849 KB, 1623x3187)
849 KB
849 KB JPG
>>35519526
>>35519473
Let's talk about hair care a bit.
Look at this Hon's ends. They're extremely wispy. Some of this may be a side effect of male pattern baldness but a lot of it is just not knowing how to care for hair.
There's a lot that goes into this and it's female socialization stuff. I like the youtube channel "Blowout Professor" for explaining it and how to grow your hair as long and as fast as possible.
The jist is:
>1. Shampoo only your scalp and only twice a week. Condition only your ends once a week, ideally with a lightweight hair mask. Exact type of shampoo and conditioner varies by hair type.
>2. Leave in conditioner while hair is still wet.
>3. Oil your ends with a lightweight oil. Exact type of oil varies by hair type.
>4. Figure out way to dry your hair to minimize frizz.
>5. Use Olaplex or a similar treatment once a week. This undoes some of the damage hair sustains.
>6. Use a clarifying treatment (like $2 at Sallys) once a month.
>7. If you are going to bleach it really know your shit
>8. Don't cut it except to get it into the style you're going for. For trannies this mostly means cut bangs but not the long parts. Don't do regular trims.

There's another frequent trope I don't have a good pic of related to colored hair. It usually involves a hon with a ton of their roots showing and a really faded color. To avoid this you need to do your roots regularly and also reapply the color so it holds its intensity. How they mess this up idk but it looks horrible and puts many transgirls off color entirely.
>>
>>35519709
I do all of that and my hair still can get wispy.
>>
>>35519765
It should be way less bad. If it bothers you then that’d be a decent reason to cut the wispy part so it’s more even with the rest
>>
>>35519780
My hair would be a lot thinner then it's basically wispy on the top layer for some reason and haunts me.

Unless I leave it for like a week unwashed, it's mostly gone but still there.
>>
>>35519614
the airwrap is weak
its really meant for thin cis girl hair
>>
>>35519614
clean your mirror you nasty bitch !!!
>>
File: big-hair-6.jpg (108 KB, 640x824)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>35519239
My hair routine goes something like this, I use an ionic blow dryer:
>Olaplex shampoo once a week
>Olaplex conditioner thrice a week
>Towel until damp with microfiber towel
>Blow dry on low with diffuser to get at the roots
>Blow dry rest of hair while styling with brush
This gets it into a nice shape but my hair really seems to want to just frizz a bit and poof out, probably gonna have a big mane eventually like picrel. I already tried using leave in conditioner and mousse and argan oil and such, but they really just made my hair a curly, messy mop, didn't like how they felt either.

>>35519614
That's so nice, wish my hair was naturally straight like that. I'm somewhere between wave and curl.
>>
Where can I get wigs that won't break the bank and don't look like shitty cosplay?
>>
>>35519614
>flat no volume straight hair
is this supposed to look good
>>
>>35521854
hey retard, did you see this part in my post?
>but its so hard to style because it loses any style fast and it gets greasy fast with any kind of product in it :|
>>
>>35519239
go to a good hairdresser, get a haircut, and while she's styling your hair ask her what products she's using/how to replicate it.
>>
>im having hair regrowth in my templates after 4 years on hrt for first by only using minoxidil twice a day since the last december
>t. levels at 30ng/dl and e. levels at 150
>>
>>35521990
Based af.
Any before/after pics of that area?
>>
>>35519254
this shame its how mine naturally sits
>>
File: 61Kn597KGkL[1].jpg (120 KB, 1500x1500)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>35519709
Or... just use one of these
>>
>>35521812
human hair lace wigs and they're still going to look wiggy. you can blend the lace into your skin with make up and by lightening the lace depending on your complexion but people who know what to look for are going to clock them 110% of the time. I have absolutely no gay dating life without prosthetic "hair" though, I was on Grindr for a little over a year as an old bald gay and when I came back in my "fem" persona with wigs people who had formerly instablocked me regarded me as human.
>>
>>35522348
I mean those are nice but far from the only useful tool

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.