[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GJXq9ZBWEAAe1VD.jpg (113 KB, 692x900)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
Self dumbass/pharmacy/doctor dumbass hormone moments?

> 2y ago, start hormones, oral estradiol tablets, then sublingual
> doctor says I'm absorbing it surprisingly well, tits are like nearly b cups after a year
> "Usually after a year, we start our patients on injections, it's really easy!"
> sure I'll give it a go
> every visit to the pharmacy those assholes get my needles wrong in some way
> pharmacist tries to stop me from buying expensive ass estradiol valerate and tells me it'll go inert after 20 days anyway
> spend way too much on just the estradiol (it was like $120 for a 20ml vial???)
> do this for 8 months, switch back to estradiol tablets on my own because it just didn't "feel" right, haven't gotten levels checked since before switching to injections
> start to run out earlier this month, call doctor to ask for more refills, says the DEA won't let me until I get my levels checked
> I have to get my blood taken tomorrow and I ran out today

so I know I'm just a retard but has anyone else had this much trouble with any of this stuff? Why the fuck did my pharmacists keep giving me the wrong sizes when I had a specific script? Why does the DEA give a fuck if I have estradiol?

>Inb4 diy
I just ordered some thanks
>>
File: 8619-joker-pepe.png (248 KB, 375x375)
248 KB
248 KB PNG
>>35520505
>do 2 subq shots in my stomach fat
>Entirely painless at first, swells and itches like a mf days later
>'ok well I guess I'll try a different spot'
>3rd shot in my leg fat
>'eww wtf why does it sting'
>take nap, think nothing of it
>wake up at 3am super sore
>stand up to go get an ice pack
>'AAAAAAAACCCKKKK FUCKFUCKFUCK SOMEONE JUST HIT ME WITH A METAL PIPE'
>look down
>left thigh is literally purple
>'no fucking way I have a super rare nut oil allergy to the carrier oil allergies are for pussies'
>google my symptoms because I diy and hate doctors
>Freak out for 5 seconds thinking my leg will start undergoing necrosis
>chill tf out once I find out PIP is normal sometimes
>Some1 on plebbit tells me diy roids use more alcohol% and it's better to have something slightly irritating injected IM
>Parents find the IM needles I ordered
>Start genuinely tweaking planning my suicide
>Do my first IM shot
>Painless
>Find out ice pack burns and it's better to use a heating pad
>utter bliss

Thank you kind stranger on reddit where would I be without you <3
>>
>>35520505

>Go to planned parenthood
>Ask for monotherapy injections
>Get setup, in 4 months I am at 300E, 30T.
>Go to primary care doctor that says they specialize in LGBT affirming care for more comprehensive care
>Show her my numbers
>IMMEDIATELY prescribes me spiro (Red Flag #1)
>Couple months later and I am getting really sicks of injections so I ask to go to patches
>She prescribes me one 0.75mg/day patch
>Start feeling weird in a month, start feeling really masculine in two, ask for a blood test
>35E, 200T
>motherfucker...
>Twist the doctors arm hard and get prescribed 2x .1mg/day patches concede to start spiro
>Sprio makes me feel like shit, levels still aren't great
>Ask to go higher on the patches and stop spiro because it is making me suicidal
>I'm sorry anon you are already at a really high dose on the patches, but you are on a baby dose of the spiro, you can go higher there if you want your T to come down!
>Fuck her
>Go back to the same provider at PP
>Stops spiro, starts me on Prog. Lets me know we can go up to .4mg/day on the patches, but wants to get off the spiro, start the prog and come back in a month so she can figure out dosing. Is totally game to try monotherapy on patches like I want.
>>
>>35520944
honestly its shit like this that makes me.. almost grateful i have no real options outside of online shopping when it comes to obtaining hrt. would rather kill myself with an aids ridden needle than be hondosed like this desu
>>
>>35520944
Get bica
>>
>>35520969
I wouldn't recommend getting hon-dosed but some real good came out of it.
>1: It eliminated all doubt that estrogen makes me feel way different, and I never, ever want to go back to T. All doubts about transitioning gone.
>2: It actually did fantastic stuff for my boob growth. I'm somewhere between B and C after 1 year of HRT, I think that is pretty good.

I should have bailed on my doctor way earlier. I knew she was being conventionally stupid with the 0.075mg/day patch dose (0.075mg is correct, I forgot a zero in the original post) but I figured she knew something I didn't read on reddit. Then I figured I would try the spiro route and see if it was as bad as everybody said it is (it was worse).

The person I am seeing at PP is awesome. When I originally started they had me at 10mg/wk EV injections which fucking worked primo. Then they adjusted that dose and slotted me right into 300E/30T for consecutive blood tests all spring and summer last year.

>>35520982
>Get bica
For T suppression? I really want to try monotherapy on patches. Last test I was at 160E 70T. with 50mg/day spiro and 2x .1mg/day patches. I really, really, really want to try 4x .1mg/day patches and see what that does to my T before adding any more compounds to my intake.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.