[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_6623.jpg (110 KB, 719x385)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
Why is it transphobic to say trans women are trans women? I see this thing where a lot of allies will pivot/deflect when asked what is a woman? Why can’t we just say woman = adult human female and trans woman = adult human male who transitions because of dysphoria. It just seems counter productive to try and force people to change views many have all over the world regarding sex and how it directly correlates to gender. At the end of the day if being trans is a medical issue needing medical intervention it’s hard to hate someone for something they absolutely need for their quality of life. I don’t see conservatives or chuds dunking on the disabled when they’re accommodated. In a way trans people entering the spaces they identify with is similar to that. Why discriminate if it’s a medical issue? Idk thoughts? It just seems like lately more and more people are getting tired of trans rhetoric or finding it hard to agree with
>>
>>35525400
terfs say transwoman as one word to try and say that trans women aren't women, it's a stupid dog whistle, also medical literature around trans people refers to trans women as female so your new definitions would have to change existing usage, just accept that sex is bimodal and male and female are clusters and not defined by one particular trait
>>
conservatives and chuds do dunk on the disabled too
>>
>>35525400
cuz resdithons think they’re the same thing as cis women
>>
>>35525445
are these conservatives and chuds in this room with us right now?
>>
>>35525400
I am pretty sure it was the "I agree with JK rowling" part that you glossed over there. It's like how every time someone goes "wtf??? I'm in trouble for saying GENDER EXIST?" in the news and it turned out they were also mailing rusty razor blades to a trans person and telling them to kill themselves
>>
>>35525510
people are allowed to have their own opinion
>>
>>35525510
From what I’ve seen JK has a very strong stance that trans women are not women and that’s a fair thing to think. Even if a trans woman passes perfectly she’s still trans thus not cisgendered. I don’t care if a trans person passes or not as I don’t think trans people need to pass to be valid but this mindset that people HAVE to believe trans women = cis women is crazy to me.
>>
Why is it transphobic to say trans women are male crossdressers who chemically castrate themselves to imitate women?
>>
>>35525545
Because it takes away from their real life issue, gender dysphoria that can be very detrimental to one’s mental health if not treated
>>
>>35525536
>>35525520
ok but does the girl gamers group or whatever also have the free speech not to host you for shitting up the place constantly expressing this opinion and harassing their members?
>>
>>35525548
gender dysphoria is fake
mental illness is fake
the treatment is locking you freaks up tight in an asylum
>>
>>35525400
Dumb as rocks. The whole "adult human female" thing is just the rhetorical equivalent of pushing your food around your plate. If people want to say "trans women aren't women" then they can do this, and stop wasting everyone's time acting like they care about philosophy of language.

P.S. also conservatives hate us because they think we're weird, not because of some semantic dieagreement.
>>
>>35525555
harassment isn’t saying one that u agree with someone, if u think opinions are harassment ur the problem.
>>
>>35525555
Idk what group the lesbian was in and the group is allowed to not want that type of thing being said in their midst. I don’t disagree with private spaces not allowing certain things it just seems lesbians get a lot of the shit end of the stick when it comes to trans women in their spaces though
>>
>>35525559
Hard disagree when trans people can live relatively normal lives and function in society
>>
>>35525400
the core feature of trans women is they hate being whatever they are. they were once seen as men and they wanted to be seen as trans women, and now they're seen as that and they want to be something else. they think if they do this reinvention of the self enough times eventually the self-hatred will go away.
>>
>>35525586
bullshit your function is terrorism
I will never ever call you she
you are born liars committing endless crimes
>>
>>35525571
Lesbians as a group have a higher opinion of trans women than any other group, including trans women
This "think of the poor widdle lesbians" rhetoric is a smokescreen
>>
>>35525599
You’re a troll for sure. Majority of those committing crimes are cisgendered… like what we you even on?
>>
>>35525569
>>35525571
OK, but if you have the freedom to TDS all over the place (I don't think anyone just ywnbws someone politely without it being an argument of some sort where you're trying to hurt their feelings or invalidate them) don't they also have the freedom just not to associate with you. Sometimes it's not a conspiracy, sometimes you just have no friends. It's the same as trans women who are just being a complete nuisance and don't realise it somehow.
>>
>>35525602
LMAO cis lesbians won't even go within 10 feet of a transbian
>>
>>35525602
what group do rapehons target most?
>>
>>35525400
>Why can’t we just say woman = adult human female and trans woman = adult human male who transitions because of dysphoria.
Im not saying that because its impossible to compromise with you faggots. You always more and more concessions on the kind of shit you want to get away with. Nah, fuck off
>>
>>35525611
being trans is destroying the social order with persistent lies
trans women are men knowingly lying that they are women for the express of hurting others
the idea is lay a bait, you are a male crossdresser, you make people call you she, if they refuse, you get them in trouble
>>
>>35525616
From what i’ve observed: vulnerable trans girls and boys
>>35525613
Yeah they would, maybe not thinking of them as a potential partner but not everyone is as much of a piece of shit as you
>>
>>35525613
>>35525616
Case in point
>>
>>35525636
You get in trouble because you can’t be kind to someone without having a meltdown. Transphobia is socially accepted, the fact that you aren’t speaks volumes
>>
>>35525636
People with dysphoria have been around a long time and all over the world. We’re at a place in time where we can help these people through medical intervention. So let’s say a trans person transitions and passes as a woman but you don’t agree with them being a woman. Okay cool but do you expect them to use male spaces? Or wouldn’t it make sense to have them in female spaces? At the end of the day the majority of the world has a pretty clear distinction with its men and women and why aren’t trans people allowed to integrate into society once they’ve addressed their dysphoria? You just expect people to kill themselves because of your lack of understanding? Nah
>>
>>35525636
How come you can dish this shit out by the bucketload, but the moment someone even mildly pushes back, you start crying about being oppressed. Is it autism?
>>
>>35525636
why do you assume malice? I don't assume malice with terfs, though maybe Im an exception in this regard.
>>
>>35525640
>vulnerable trans girls and boys
probably too but lesbians are up there too, worst thing is that those rapehons usually are literal men with facial hair who just put she/her in their bio on lesbian dating apps.
i don’t disagree with the vulnerable trans girls stuff cuz when i was babytrans, rapehons on discord have tried to groom me into transbianism, worst thing is they were in their 20s and i was 16.
>>
>>35525400
This is just the BLM/ALM thing again but trans
>>
>>35525400
because the motivation behind you saying it is to make us unsafe
>>
>>35525687
the people who hate you will still hate you even if you give them endless benefit of doubt
>>
>>35525400
There was a thread like two days ago about JKR dunking on intersex people for whatever fucking reason out of the blue. Like she basically woke up and thought to herself
>holy shit I have this idea for a tweet where I bully people with a 1 in 1000 rare genetic condition, what a fucking banger!
Anyway not reading your post but I presume this is what gets people kicked out of groups for saying they agree with JKR, not some gay what is a woman semantics.
>>
>>35525714
I know that, I don't care. hate begets hate. we must stand as examples for future generations to strive for.
>>
>>35525720
Wait what the fuck, really??
>>
>>35525596
>they wanted to be seen as trans women
Lmao, I wanted to be seen as a woman. Never wanted to be seen as a trans woman.

>>35525636
>for the express [purpose] of hurting others
This is so deranged, I love it. The idea that we spend so much time, effort, and money on transitioning just to cancel people... iconic
>>
>>35525640
>Yeah they would, maybe not thinking of them as a potential partner
I.E. they don't see them as women. period. they are disgusted by their maleness
>>
>>35525783
I dont see you as a potential partner, that doesn't suddenly make you a man.
>>
>>35525797
you are not cis though
>>
>>35525827
if I was cis and didn't see you as a potential partner that would not suddenly make you a man either?
>>
>>35525400
Because people will deliberately conflate gender and sex in order to argue away our rights over and over and over again. So we need to make it clear that society needs to focus on what actually, functionally matters in the real application and not like some dumb derivative shit like gametes.
>>
>>35525843
If you are attracted to women and do not see a transwoman as a potential partner you are transphobic.
>>
File: hs.jpg (67 KB, 800x530)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>35525862
that's not true, but doesn't matter anyways because I am attracted to trans women.
>>
>>35525889
it is true you are discriminating based on trans it was literally the only qualifier in this dicussion
>>
File: another magazine.jpg (212 KB, 1035x1350)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
>>35525897
if I refuse to date a black person that does not make me racist. not unless the reason is because I think they're monkeys or something. this is not a controversial opinion. feel the cool embrace of wet grass on your back please and thank you.
>>
>>35525400
this desu, i stand with blaire white on this
>>
>>35525930
actually yeah it does
keep coping transphobic racist shit
>>
>>35525973
you are not fooling anyone miss
>>
>>35525973
Keep seething, his reasoning is perfectly valid. I would refuse to date blacks or indians but i still treat them as normal human beings. Equally i would refuse to date trans that is nowhere near passing, but that doesnt mean I wouldnt talk to them casually.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.