[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 9315121114789963.jpg (959 KB, 876x1064)
959 KB
959 KB JPG
sexual orientation is inborn and unchangeable
>>
>>35526958
>source: my ass
>>
>>35526958
>unchangeable
nah, change in hormones affect your sexuality
>>
>>35526968
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology_and_sexual_orientation

>>35526978
hormones cannot alter your sexual orientation, that is untrue
>>
>>35526985
>The relationship between biology and sexual orientation is a subject of on-going research. While scientists do not know the exact cause of sexual orientation, they theorize that it is caused by a complex interplay of genetic, hormonal, and environmental influences.
doesn't say what you think it does
>>
>>35526958
so not a single person in the history of the earth had a change in their sexual orientation? I highly doubt that
>>
>>35526958
>unchangeable
Wrong, my estrogen levels are the highest theyve ever been and all i can think about is getting fucked by men and wanting nothing in life other than a bf, last year i wasnt even sure if i liked men.
>>
>>35526995
no, because it is genetic, people have struggled to accept their orientation and lots of people date both sexes because they aren't sure what they like and others pressure them to like a certain sex, but its an inborn algorithm to like male or female cues
its like gm super cruise
there's a lot of lines of code and parameters are set no matter the road you take
>>
>>35526994
you won't get anything out of them, they are completely retarded
>>
>>35527010
>hurr I have to believe the sex I like can change OK I JUST HAVE TO
t. religitard
>>
>>35527016
Do you think humans live like a housefly and spend 24 hours to just fuck all they can and then croak? Your brain changes over the course of your life, there is no reason to expect who you are to stay the same
>>
>>35527016
nice strawman you got there anon
>>
>>35527033
am I wrong?

>>35527031
I think the sex you are attracted to is fixed at birth, the type of sexual cues you respond to is based off a genetic algorithm that is fixed code
>>
>>35527040
>am I wrong?
yeah obviously you fucking mong lmao
>>
>>35527040
>I think the sex you are attracted to is fixed at birth
yes
>the type of sexual cues you respond to is based off a genetic algorithm that is fixed code
no. we have consistently failed to find any form of a gay gene. this also doesn't connect with some of the factors we know are more likely to lead to a gay child, e.g. fraternal birth order.
>>
>>35527051
>no. we have consistently failed to find any form of a gay gene
because its probably polygenetic
we have consistently failed to find the genes that control left-handedness and nobody uses that like you are to imply being gay is a choice
>>
>>35527062
>*any form*
you also only responded to half the point, but I digress.
>>
>>35527003
that's a well known subject, same thing with roided dude who start wanted to get fucked, but op is too retarded to understand
>>
>>35527062
absolutely no one said it's a conscious choice you retard
>>
>>35527065
we've found genes that are possibly more common in gays, but no smoking gun of a sequence that produces homosexuality in every instance
the technology to even sequence single-nucleotide polymorphisms cannot be much more than 10-20 years old an gay gene research isn't really a priority given that religious bigots have made it clear if they knew what causes gayness they would try to genocide all gays with that information...
>>
>>35526958
I think gynephilia vs androphilia is generally decided in utero but sexuality is probably still very malleable pre puberty.
Biggest proof for said malleability are the countless fetishes people can acquire -
Latex doesn't exist in nature and it would be unreasonable to assume that people can be born with a latex fetish, it is obviously acquired via external environmental causes.
>>
>>35527076
Convinced op is a cis man, they always seem to refuse to believe sexuality is fluid cause their hormones never changed since puberty and they always get an existential crisis whenever their sexuality deviates even slightly from their narrow view
>>
>>35527085
those specific gene studies better support other theories of homosexuality than it does the genetic theory. the answer being primarily hormonal, with the presence of these genes sometimes contributing enough to induce homosexuality is such a given at this stage of understanding. again, this does not count under "any form" of a gay gene.
>>
>>35527124
>the answer being primarily hormonal,
the details of this theory are muddy and ill-explained
its a way to deny that gay is a definable code collection in the human almanac
>>
>>35526958
Before hrt I was bi with a heavy preference for men, 2 years on hrt I'm bi with a heavy preference for women
Hormones definitely have an impact on this
>>
>>35527150
it is definable in the code collection, just not in the way you want it to be. it's an expression of some female traits for gay men, and of some male traits for gay women. these alternate expressions are caused by prenatal hormone levels, generally, but there is some discussion to be had about some later possible windows. this view answers:
the fraternal birth order effect
the presentation of sexuality across a variety of intersex conditions
the effects exogenous hormones during pregnancy have on babies
2d:4d ratio differences
and more!

this view also aligns with our understanding of sexual differentiation in the first place. you reject it because you don't like it, not because of any solid ground.
>>
>>35527209
>it's an expression of some female traits
which ones?
>>
>>35527295
those related to sexual attraction to men. oftentimes more as well, but only consequentially, this is the only dimension of feminisation that is needed for a homosexual identity to arise.
>>
>>35527314
>those related to sexual attraction to men
what?
be more specific
your theory is swiss cheese
>>
>>35527004
>lots of people date both sexes because they aren't sure what they like and others pressure them to like a certain sex, but its an inborn algorithm to like male or female cues
So what about bisexuals?
>>
>>35526958
I remember jerking off to both quite easily when I was younger and then eventually the more I focused on other males the more it closed in on that and now I'm a faggot who lost so much of my attraction to women. Probably is inborn to some extent yea but it can still 100% be influenced
>>
>>35527319
it is not my theory, it is the consensus. the traits are neurological. they were hypothesised, and we observe them. neuroscience is completely fucked but we still can differentiate between masculinisation and feminisation, gay male brains are undeniably feminised.
>>
> hormones
Cis gay men on cis affirming hrt like testosterone become even more homosexual.
>>
>>35527420
>prenatal hormones
genuinely a lost cause man
>>
>>35526958
Sexuality cannot change, however our own individual sexuality is much much deeper, more confusing, and hard to express than our near worthless gay/straight top/bottom etc vocabulary
>>
>>35526958
My sissification fetish says otherwise.
>>
>>35526958
In theory
I do think some people can have a fluid sexuality, some bi people can get it up to gay things yet struggle to get it up to straight things at one moment, and the opposite happens at another moment. This isn’t necessarily changing sexuality but it does demonstrate how sexuality is not wholly consistent.
It also doesn’t help that conversion therapy has nothing to do with therapy, it’s just throwing the Bible at you more aggressively and abusively than your parents have the heart to. Most people who try to change sexuality are utterly retarded and as such investigating fluid sexuality isn’t realistic since all the documented attempts so far have exclusively been synonymous with abusive and coercive Bible thumping.
Also there’s very little secular reasons to change one’s sexuality, most motivations to do so stem from religious or culturally conservative beliefs (which surprise are based on religion)
>>
>>35527449
For one thing, my post was referring to those claiming HRT made them gay or straight. For another, I recall reading studies that suggest future gay men were bathing in higher concentration T while in the womb. I have also seen papers claiming the opposite. I won't go looking for those papers now as I am lazy and ain't got time.
>>
>>35527518
higher T prenatally still leads to feminisation, the T aromatises into E.
>>
>>35527487
I'd sign up to conversion therapy if it didn't have the religion angle just to see what it is all about.
>>
>>35527003
Meta attraction anon, you’re meta attracted.
>>
is orientation what you do, your actions/behaviors, or what type of body you lust after? example: I am turned off by my friend's male body but I enjoy getting sucked off by him, which at minimum is bisexuality at least in action.
does that make me actually bisexual?
>>
>>35527636
orientation is the algorithmic determination of whether you respond to male or female arousal cues and shapes its your brain being wired to find male or female things desirable and pleasure-reinforcing
its not specific to any sort of sexual act, its from just seeing people in the wild you light up based on certain shapes corresponding to sexually dimorphic cues
>>
>>35527646
if that's the case then I only light up around women yet I enjoy getting sucked silly by my male best friend.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.