[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: th-3847987077.jpg (68 KB, 474x657)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
opinions on alcohol as a means to alleviate dysphoria?
>>
terrible, retard
even if you don't care about destroying your brain you're rotting your body and that'll make it worse in the long run
>>
>>35530458
okay but i'm a stupid retard tranny, does that change the way things might pan out for me?
>>
I've been sad. Then I drank. Then I was sad and drunk.
Weed is a much better depressant for shutting out bad feelings. Avtually adressing those feelings is even better
>>
>>35530469
stop romanticizing misery and be proactive
exercise and shit dog
>>
>>35530469
no it will probably makes you suicidal
>>
>>35530470
yknow, i live in the netherlands.. i should take this advice..
>>
>>35530469
no.. you need healthy coping mechanisms or to work with a mental health professional. alcohol abuse is just going to make you even more retarded and miserable, even if its fun in the beginning.
>>
>>35530495
Yea personally alcohol makes my big feelings bigger. You want to feel numb and weeds great for that. If you're in the Netherlands there's also shroomies as an option. Psychedelics can be great antidepressants
>>
>>35530494
this would solve the depression tho?
>>
>>35530444
Alcohol is a brain cell and looks killer. Become a workaholic instead. Moneymaxxx.
>>
>>35530444
i love alcohol is my vice of choice. i’ve done a lot of different drugs but nothing beats alcohol. the only problem is it makes you fat and ugly so you just gotta make sure to drink low sugar beverages and keep up with drinking water
>>
>>35530509
can't do shrooms cuz they'd interact badly with my real anti-depressants
>>
>>35530444
you guys are the most constructive and supportive stuff i ever heard, real practical advice ;0;, thank you besteis <3
>>
>>35530444
you posted a pic of HDB and you're asking if alcohol is a good coping mechanism? what do you think
>>
>>35530444
it only works when youre pleasantly buzzed, not when youre all out drunk. when youre drunk drunk the sadness sets in dont do it
>>
>>35530570
so no more glasses for me ;0;
>>
>>35530444
maybe i'll pour another glass tho
>>
>>35530559
i didnt think about that
op probably didnt even play xd
>>
>>35531105
thats the devil talking
>>
>>35531124
;'0';
i'll have you know that i keep replaying the first 3-4 days because i keep wanting to see how my different decisions change things
>>
>>35531138
gotta listen to the demons, right?
>>
>>35531177
I wont lie: Id do the exact same thing
just make sure it doesnt become a habit, ok? drinks are fun! ... in moderation
>>
>>35531233
ngl it's borderlining on becoming a habit
>>
>>35531250
well shit
I know that feeling all too well
>>
>>35530444
bad idea stop doing it
>>
File: Repper_chad.png (655 KB, 1200x1000)
655 KB
655 KB PNG
>>35530444
my dysphoria cope of choice is meth

T. repper
>>
>>35530444
awful, do drugs instead. most are better than alcohol
>>
>>35530444
>straight edge repper ( i also live in ireland so im playing on extra hard mode)
you know nothing about resistance.
>>
>>35530444
>opinions on alcohol as a means to alleviate [INSERT PLIGHT HERE]
Works for me, I'm not dysphoric though just terribly depressed.
>>35531556
junkie cope, you're no better than us.
>>
>>35530444
bad
>>
>>35531682
>junkie cope, you're no better than us.
I'm not saying either is a superior person, I'm saying alcohol affects you far worse than most other drugs do especially in terms of passing
>>
>>35530444
I should start drinking
government just called me saying that they are cutting my financial assistance despite not finding a job
>>
>>35532006
I'm not trans so I'll just keep on sippin, also more cope. Maybe if you only smoke pot but it rarely ends there with people doing drugs to cope.
>>
you are a nigger and im not taking your bait
>>
>>35530538
I'm not aware of any antidepressant that interacts with mushrooms poorly? Serotonergic antidepressants like SSRI's make you more resistant to psychedelics but you can just take more next time if you end up underdosing what you wanted
>>35530510
no alcohol doesn't work well for that. at best you could hope for it to help numb you for a few weeks till your tolerance builds. and it'll make your dysphoria worse by making you look like shit and giving you more visceral fat. and it's unhealthy and expensive as hell.
If you're going to try using a drug to cope with emotions use weed. It stil won't work but it won't ruin your life as much
>>
>>35532093
But if they cut off your financial assistance you won't be able to afford it...
>>
>>35530444
i used to do ir. i regret it. use hrt.
>>
>>35530444
It goes downhill really, really fast. You might think to yourself "I'll stop when it gets bad" but the bar always moves more and more the lower you get.
>I'll stop when I drink every day
>I'll stop when I drink during work hours
>I'll stop when I start drunk driving
>I'll stop if I show liver damage
when you're in the middle of it all, you really stop caring how bad it gets and by the time you want to stop, you won't be able to. Steer clear from using substances to cope with dysphoria, it WILL ruin you eventually.

I used to spent $1200 per relapse on vodka deliveries. I'd get maybe 3 days max sober before relapsing for 2-3 weeks of 24/7 drinking. No exaggeration. because of delivery apps I didnt even need to leave my house but of course the prices stacked up and taking 2-3 days off work every single week cuts into your savings. I'm surprised I've never lost a job due to my poor attendance. I'm 4 months sober now and I can't believe I let my dysphoria take me down an alcoholic spiral that not even facing potential homelessness and bankruptcy could stop. I got off easy, all things considered. I've met people who have 8+ DUIs, in/out of homelessness and jail. I always thought I was the worst drinker in the world but there's people older and infinitely worse drinkers than I was ever capable of. I wish it wasn't so prevalent in society. Even responsible drinking ruins lives, but I'm the last person to judge others for their vices. Just because I'm an alcoholic doesn't mean everyone is capable of being one.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.